Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #691
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
what is it with all you people and short shifters? i love sloppy/stock/easy-to-find-gears shifters. i dont' wanna be doing no searching mid-drift
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #692
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Maybe a short shifter would be a good mod.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #693
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
no i hate them....

I'm with Stew, i love the sloppy feel... it just makes it easier to drive i think... all the cars i've driven with short shifters are terrible.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #694
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
what is it with all you people and short shifters? i love sloppy/stock/easy-to-find-gears shifters. i dont' wanna be doing no searching mid-drift

Wow, I thought I was the only one.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #695
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
There are some sweet short shifters for the T56 supposedly, but I've never used one. And the stock shifter is horrid.

Small price to pay. Mods sound bomb Stew - what about the top end? Is oiling really the only thing you're worried about before you spin it to the moon?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #696
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Have you looked into a B and M short shift kit?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #697
blitzsti22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
blitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blitzsti22
very nice build man
blitzsti22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 AM   #698
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
it doesn't stop at just oiling, but thats the importance...for now my main concern is getting it nestled back into its home safe and sound for good. when i'm ready to rev i'll pull the heads back off/swap lifters/machine heads for bigger push rods/swap to patriot gold duals and get a nice set of roller rockers. after that there will be no "weak point" except oiling...which won't show its ugly face until i'm around 7500 or higher
Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #699
420sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
jesus christ. its amazing how people refuse to listen.
only shifter worth a fuck for a t56 is 5.0

B&m sucks balls. fail for even suggesting it WITHOUT HAVING TRIED IT IN a t56 CAR! come on people. that thing sucks just as much as stock.

and as far as stock shifter i couldnt hate my car more with it. im very happy slamming gears all day long with pro 5.0. its the only one out of 3 shifters that i tried out (not including stock) that lets you slam gears fast without any issues and missing any gears.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #700
Johny5
Post Whore!

when will this short shifter bullshit go away

I DONT WANT A FUCKING SHORT SHIFTER.

instead i'm gonna take a dremel to my stock one to make it even shittier so you turd burglars can lose more sleep about how my car doesn't have some stupidass short shifter in it. LONGER SHIFTING TIME IS WORSE FOR 1/4 BROOO

on a lighter note...

the motor is built!

eagle h-beams, arp mains, clevite coated race bearings, probe forged pistons, gm MLS gaskets, arp headbolts, melling high volume and high pressure oil pump (only had high pressure before), all cleaned/balanced/blueprinted and ready to rock about to head to the shop to mate the MISSION and slap it in the car for extreme burnout/high speed engine break-in sessions!!!

i'd take video, but it would break the mic on the camera.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #701
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
ugh..... the reply wasnt even directed to you. its was directed to people suggesting other shifters; i made a suggestion once a few pages back already.

and nobody is going to loose any sleep over this. people only sweat their own cars. you are funny.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #702
Johny5
Post Whore!

i know, my response wasn't towards you either alex
Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #703
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
needs more viceroy
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #704
J ROK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Needs more twin RB25 NEO engine covers.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #705
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
no it doesnt

ooh neo
let me suck some j dude off..

get serious.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #706
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Sorry my jokes aren't Cali hip withit Oh Great Grandfather of Drifting Sir.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #707
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
jokes are usually funny maybe?
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #708
J ROK
Zilvia Member

Like I said I'm nowhere near as Hip as the OC.

So my normal people jokes must not sound cool to you. To each their own.

Your car is sick, Johnny5 car is sick let the thread get back to business.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #709
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
wow that was Fast stew....
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #710
420sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
no it doesnt
let me suck some j dude off..

he is waiting

Old 05-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #711
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
so whens the short shifter going in stew???

had to keep it alive man haha.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #712
Johny5
Post Whore!

motors in the car, had to fix an ebrake situation thats been haunting me. now those project mu's are gonna lock so fucking fast haha! today it starts, today it runs, today we do a lot of highway pulls with it and tommorrow we drift. its wingless right now, its got a REALLY REALLY REALLY fat ass without a wing and those dual 4" tips, i love it so much! but if i can get like a garage BB or a 1700 or bigger d-drug deck i'll be right back to it i think.

viceroys coming back, probably not in a way that you guys see coming though
Old 05-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #713
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Short shifters suck ass.

Love a long sloppy ass throw. Makes 1-2-3-2- etc etc so much easier.

STEW.

ECB right? CMON if your car is running, you better be there! There's gonna be two JZX90 there!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #714
Johny5
Post Whore!

nah dude, i'm broke x hella

if i wasn't broke i'd be at d1 miami
Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #715
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
Short shifters suck ass.

Love a long sloppy ass throw. Makes 1-2-3-2- etc etc so much easier.
I used to think the same thing until I installed a Pro 5.0 Shifter for my T56. Its precise, notchy and doesnt allow you to over extend your shifts with the stopping bolts. I would recommend it for this build even if you dont like them lol. I would atleast see if someone locally has one just so you can feel it.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #716
Johny5
Post Whore!

alright, busted ass with Ethan from Zero Hour here locally to get this new built motor up and going. Assembly was great and having 75 arp bolts in one motor is hilarious. Very excitedly we started the car up at 10pm last night, loud as shit as usual actually now its very rev happy! on the scale we took out damn near 4 lbs just off the rods/pistons from stock.

Time to drive it around, 2nd and 3rd gear break loose as they should no matter when you punch it, 4th gear is fast as fuck, etc. etc.

let it cool off, 2nd time around everythings still really happy and fast! except while accelerating i notice a slighhhhhht drop in my oil pressure. its sparatic, it has no particular load situation that it likes or doesn't like when it happens, it just happens at random occasions. never when the cars just free-revving, just random acceleration occasions, oh and never 1st gear.

why the drops don't scare me? never dropped below 35 psi. i immediately stopped driving hte car after i found out about these drops (which we tested on both electronic and manual oil pressure gauges) so i know the bottom end is safe. also the oil came out cleaner than hell so, yay! all in all i'm really really happy and consider myself to be very lucky that the damage wasn't any worse than it was.

Now its time to pull the oil pump off and remove this double timing chain setup that i've got now. its silly having to space the pump and i can't run the 10926 melling that i want, i'm stuck with a 10925. does anybody make a TRULY strong reinforced single timing chain setup? oh well, i'll start researching.

thats all, tata!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #717
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sometimes the random oil pressure is due to the oil pickup O-ring not seating perfectly into the pump. To fix this problem you can enlarge the holes on the pickup tube that holds it in place to help properly seat that O-ring. Post some pics!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #718
Z33dori
Post Whore!

i learned the secret to the LS motor oil pressure problem today.

on Powerblock they put a cam in LS1 and lost oil pressure. Turns out the oil line in the pan gets pulled and the rubber gaskets lets air in, cause the pressure to drop. So all u have to do is elongate the bolt holes for the oil line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Sometimes the random oil pressure is due to the oil pickup O-ring not seating perfectly into the pump. To fix this problem you can enlarge the holes on the pickup tube that holds it in place to help properly seat that O-ring. Post some pics!
Damn beat me to it... didn't even read lol
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #719
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
hopefully mercer comes back for a return of viceroy with his shit painted yellow

viceroy in its prime
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #720
Johny5
Post Whore!

I don't believe the pickup tube has anything to do with this issue. The problem is sparatic not consistent and the pressure drops to the exact pressure that the pressure relief valve would allow it to. We're going to revert back to a single row timing chain and in stalling the melling 10296 high pressure/high volume pump in it.