Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #691
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
damn! Russia in the house. That bodywork looks reeeeeeeeeeal nice.

not a big fan or the paint scheme, but i still love it.

CursedGTR...Lookin forward to seeing some shots of the car in completeness
Axi$ - I like it, the body kit looks molded together with white pinstriping. Is that correct?? I definitely dig the orange and black because not alot of people choose that paint scheme, if it was gloss black it would suck ass, but that satin look is out fucking standing. Hopefully I will make it to Russia in the future on a different kind of trip but maybe I will see some cars while I am there as well.

96Turbo - I will post up some pictures again soon, got the calipers finished in paint and powder and they are extremely unique, wiring is almost complete in the rear and the front should be done soon as well. Once I get some other parts in during the next few weeks I will have a rolling chasis and I will take some pictures of it then as well.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #692
Axi$

Trader Rating: (0)
Axi$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Axi$ - I like it, the body kit looks molded together with white pinstriping. Is that correct?? I definitely dig the orange and black because not alot of people choose that paint scheme, if it was gloss black it would suck ass, but that satin look is out fucking standing. Hopefully I will make it to Russia in the future on a different kind of trip but maybe I will see some cars while I am there as well.
Thx. White stripes are just to precise step from black to orange. Rear part of body kit is molded little bit higher. Also white stripes are light reflective.

If you plan to come in Moscow, just let me know, here we got some interesting cars Silvia S14a RB26 670hp for example.

Also i'm very interested how do you plan to solve the problem with the wheels. Because currently i've got 20 (!) inch rims (they are on foto) and 18 inch looks simply ridicilous on that bodykit. And another problrm is ET, my rear ET is -20 on 9,5 inch rim. And +16 ET on front with the 8,5 inch rim and maximum thread in pillow ball upper mounts with the NAMS arms.
I can say that driving responce is not as on stock, it's much worse.

Lots of excuses for my grammar and spelling English is not my native as i think you understand
Old 09-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #693
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axi$ View Post
Thx. White stripes are just to precise step from black to orange. Rear part of body kit is molded little bit higher. Also white stripes are light reflective.

If you plan to come in Moscow, just let me know, here we got some interesting cars Silvia S14a RB26 670hp for example.

Also i'm very interested how do you plan to solve the problem with the wheels. Because currently i've got 20 (!) inch rims (they are on foto) and 18 inch looks simply ridicilous on that bodykit. And another problrm is ET, my rear ET is -20 on 9,5 inch rim. And +16 ET on front with the 8,5 inch rim and maximum thread in pillow ball upper mounts with the NAMS arms.

Lots of excuses for my grammar and spelling English is not my native as i think you understand
Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, my trip in the future will get approved and I will be able to go there.

As for the wheels size set up, went with stock length on the NAMS arms and the wheels came out right at flushmaybe a little bit wider in the front (about 2mm) but I can adjust that out. As far as getting suspension geometery correct and handling squared away, I will have to wait until the car is running and maybe work it otu fromt here but I am pretty confident that everything will work out fine
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #694
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
That's awesome i've been looking for your project for many months, and also building BN Sports Silvia. Of course not the same class of perfection but i took some ideas from your project. Thank you

If you don't mind, i attach one picture of mine:
I see you took some inspiration from the Driftworks S15:

[/off topic]

Props on this build OP. Some amazing work going in to this car!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #695
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

dude, you speak way better english than most of the kids on this forum.

can't wait to see your one of a kind calipers
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #696
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
Love this build.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #697
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Got the calipers back from Tom (painter) and started wiring the rest of the rear harness. I know that I used a shitload of zip ties but it made the harness vary shapeable and it kept its form fairly well, which gave me the ability to makes sure everything was flowing well without having to mount clamps or anything just yet.
I like calipers which were inspired by the wheels. they match pretty well. To get the effect Scott over at S&H powdered them in chrome and then they werte done with a few coats of candy over at Toms Place (Cycle Haven).

Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #698
olah.inc
Zilvia Member

olah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enough
dude the calipers look "heftig" !!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 AM   #699
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
That relay makes the wiring look so clean, and simple.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #700
turbocarslut
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
turbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thread is as addictive as CRACK!!!
Keep it coming.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #701
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
holy shit, those are the most bad-assed calipers i've ever seen.

sick ass project, GL.

Last edited by lightsource; 10-12-2008 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: looking like an idiot
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #702
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why do you ave 8 calipers? i love that color scheme! i like the way you try to do something different!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #703
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
2 piece calipers mang.

damn those look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never seen anything like that before. Speechless..........
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #704
jdmcoupe07
Zilvia Junkie

jdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-known
WOW very nice project congrats....
Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #705
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
those are some trippy calipers !

Look great really !
Old 10-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #706
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
calipers rule.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #707
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Caliper covers FTW!!

jkjkjkjk, thats definately one oringinal paint scheme on those calipers.

what brand are those? endless? grex?
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
Old 10-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #708
Justin Bernstein
Zilvia Member

Justin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymore
Holey clown calipers. People are going to crash looking at those things on the road.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #709
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
looking at this thread is giving me diabetes =)
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #710
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Hahaha a member from another board asked me if the calipers were going on a miata. I think these stickers would definitely set it off.

then another sticker that says "J/K" at the end of the rainbow.

I KEED, I KEED
Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #711
Jimmyg41
Zilvia Member

Jimmyg41 is making a name for him/her selfJimmyg41 is making a name for him/her self
Awesome build so far...not a big fan of the calipers, originality isn't always a good thing. Can't wait to see the end result though.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #712
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
wow great build wish you would have left the car a satin blue but it looks good none the less. that intercooler.. wow i dont think i have ever seen one so big before. amazing choice in caliper color!!! they look sweet. as for your dash if i may ask you some ?'s, i dont get why you made a flat suface all the way across, all you really need is on your side, and would have been pretty cool if you made it more of a cockpit style with the dash kinda making a U shape towards you as you sit in the wheel so you can see everything clearly. all in all it looks FRECKING SWEET!!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #713
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
you could get the "i'm strait but not narrow" sticker. no confusion that way.. But IMO that your wheels with those calipers are ganna look frucking sweet.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 10-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #714
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Dude those calipers look like these

haha Very nice!!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #715
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the comments and even some of the criticism from some of you guys. So to answer the questions.

1. The dash was made how it was because it was a simple and effective design that did not take so much time that it became the center piece of the entire project.

2. The calipers do look a little out there, but I like them not only for originality but for the fact that once everything is completely assembled the car will not only look good but will be failry well coordinated color wise.

3. I figured I would catch some gay jokes on them and I did. But then againyou only build a car like this once, maybe twice ina life time so fuck it, I am going all out.

4. To answer the Brand Question one more time - THe Calipers are Rotora. Had I got Greddy Calipers I would have ordered the reflective gold ones and left them the hell alone, but these were used, a great deal frow hat they were and needed some TLC.

Turbocarslut - The relay panels served only that purpose, keep everything clean, simpel and accessible. So now, I will never have to trace wires back through the harness again should there ever be a gremlin, there are two central point to go to and they are easily accesible for servicing a maintenance.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #716
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
just make sure you have some grommets or something on those wires going through raw metal back there. Dont want an electrical fire now!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #717
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
just make sure you have some grommets or something on those wires going through raw metal back there. Dont want an electrical fire now!
I might pad the metal itself and just run some open loom on the wires or I might use some nylon braid, not to sure yet, but it will be addressed.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #718
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I love the way you are running your wiring, looks allot like how i did it in my old S13, with the difference i put the relays and such under the dash because i was running no heater or ac. i love your attention to detail this is overall coming out excellent. glad to hear you will be wraping the wiring in some loom to make it all look apropiate. don't forget to runa ground to the Main Frame rail. ground the battery to the frame rail . and ofcourse another ground wire from your intake manifold / transmission to your frame rail. it's not absolutely nessesary but having multiple grounding points to one common area are nice. and the frame rail is really the best place to do it. without running all kinds of wires back to the battery. but over all looking very good. keep it up.

Review Thread
Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #719
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I love the way you are running your wiring, looks allot like how i did it in my old S13, with the difference i put the relays and such under the dash because i was running no heater or ac. i love your attention to detail this is overall coming out excellent. glad to hear you will be wraping the wiring in some loom to make it all look apropiate. don't forget to runa ground to the Main Frame rail. ground the battery to the frame rail . and ofcourse another ground wire from your intake manifold / transmission to your frame rail. it's not absolutely nessesary but having multiple grounding points to one common area are nice. and the frame rail is really the best place to do it. without running all kinds of wires back to the battery. but over all looking very good. keep it up.

Dude, thanks for the input on the wiring. I have a plan on the grounds but maybe you can hear me out and tell what you think.

I have Two 10 terminal brass grounbd strips that I intend on mounting in the trunk and in the Engine Bay. Each one will have a Chasis ground ran to the rails consisting of TWO 4 gauge Copper wires.

The Relay Grounds Will be separate and will consiist of an 8 gauge ground wire to the chasis rails and the grounding point on the terminal strips

and the Battery will get a 0 Gauge Ground to the Chasis.

I will also ground the motor using 4 or 6 gauge copper wire as well as grounding straps get ate up over here quite quickly.

Let me know what you think. I will post pictures of it as soon as I am done wiring all the positive wires.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #720
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

I've got (2) 4 Gauge amp wire for engine block grounds. Then i've got (2) 8 Gauge grounds on the head. One on the Intake manifold, and the other one bolts up to the head above the exhauts manifold.

it's overkill but i haven't had any wiring issues since i went to this config. Clean the ground contact on ur starter and it'll work flawlessly

I've only got a 2 Gauge ground in the trunk, and that's all that's necessary. Now i just gotta fuse it........
Closed Thread