Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #691
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Anyone else think it is WAAAAAY too early to be doing Mock Drafts and shit?

2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #692
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well March madness is next month, and this is the shortest month so its coming quickly.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #693
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Well March madness is next month, and this is the shortest month so its coming quickly.
Yeah, but this speculative crap over people who have not even declared for the draft yet is a bit extreme, isn't it?

And I write too!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #694
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Well, yeah. Thats why its funny when they remove people off the board because they decided to stay in school. Happens to all the mock drafts.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #695
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Okay...
Amar'e out to attend to bereavement and Melo goes down with an ankle, so Jeremy Lin starts. With nothing to lose and everything to gain, he plays his HEART out and MSG fans are chanting "MVP" in the 4th quarter as they somehow manage to gut out an apparent win.
Knicks fans, this is NOT a good thing, considering that Carmelo and Amar'e WILL be back and by some miracle, D'Antoni still has a job.

And I write too!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #696
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I just hope those MVP chants don't go to his head and blow up his ego thinking he's hot shit. He'll come crashing down way fast.

Carmelo lost his balls today, literally. Sucks for him.

I'm definitely feeling for Amar'e, but apparently his brother died from a high speed accident NOT wearing a seat belt like a fool...sooo I'm on the fence about this one.

Quote:
According to the Florida Highway Patrol report, Hazell, 35, crashed his 2007 Cadillac Escalade into the back of a tractor trailer on Route 27 in Lake Wales. The report said Stoudemire was traveling at "a high rate of speed" and struck the other vehicle while trying to pass it. Stoudemire wasn't wearing a seat belt and died at the scene at about 1:40 a.m. The other driver was uninjured.

xquizitditz
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #697
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I take MSG fans chanting "MVP" with a grain of salt, they once did it for two DIFFERENT visiting players in a 2-week stretch as they rained down great vengeance and FURIOUS anger upon them, lol.

And I write too!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #698
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
chant mvp is just a way of appreciation. lol don't be so serious.

yeah, bad new is dantoni is still around but, this is his last season so i'm not that worried.
the devastating news was baron back pain during one of the practice and is going to be setting him back. we still need him, badly.

its gonna be a grind without melo scoring because he opens up lin. man, i really hope we can get jrsmith and iman confidence back.

where the fuck is bibby?

NOVAK get him more minutes, dumbtoni.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #699
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I totally forgot about Bdavis.. he doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon - i wouldn't bank on it..
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #700
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
I totally forgot about Bdavis.. he doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon - i wouldn't bank on it..
its not so bad. it was a elbow infection which triggered back problems. so it wasn't his back.

Baron Davis Injury Update: Knicks Point Guard Suffers 'Setback' - SB Nation New York
Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #701
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

gotta give props to the GOAT!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #702
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

clippers lose billups but, gain kmart. still my shocker team pick for the west.

looks like billups is done. career also.
Clippers’ Billups Done For Season? « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #703
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
clippers lose billups but, gain kmart. still my shocker team pick for the west.

looks like billups is done. career also.
Clippers’ Billups Done For Season? « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
Man, hate to see shit like these...hope he comes back from this. I've always like Billups. Still think he's one of the most underrated players to play the game, even after he went to Detroit and won the MVP.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #704
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
saw this and laughed

Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #705
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Kendrick Perkins is taking the Blake Griffin thing really hard, it seems.

Report: LeBron James won't apologize to Kendrick Perkins for tweet about Blake Griffin's dunk - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Personally, I commend the dude for offering help when CP3 drew the triple team at the free throw line and passed off to Blake… EVERYONE knew what would happen, Perk included and he STILL rotated and jumped. It has happened hundreds of times in the past season and a half, no one is surprised by it, even if we are still amazed.
But taking to Twitter to complain about someone talking about it on Twitter is bitchmade.
Miami next plays OKC on 3/25 and 4/4, and I am kinda hoping that this grudge is held and exploited, simply because of how Perkins is handling himself about it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...nbas-tim-tebow
I started to write something similar after the game the other night

And I write too!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #706
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Perkins is a pussy.

That is all.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #707
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Lin with 38 pts...
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #708
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Mad hustle manhandler chandler. Not enough props on that warrior.

It was pretty even, lal was tired from last night and nyk missing 4 potent players.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #709
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The Knicks are somehow BETTER without Carmelo and Amar'e...
Stoudemire can benefit from a PG to run the offense, but I am CERTAIN that if it had been Carmelo who scored 38, then the Knicks would have lost by 20 and he would seem unfettered by it.
Either way, good win, Knicks, Kobe had a bad first half and Steve Blake has not been mauled by a bear and, therefore, was in the game to attempt FAR too many 3-pointers.

And I write too!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #710
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yes my team smashed the Celtics tonight...I needed this win...

Imagine if the Knicks

a) didn't trade for Melo

b) kept all those pieces

c) discovered Lin

Their team would be infinitely better AND they would be saving $20+ million a year.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #711
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The Knicks are somehow BETTER without Carmelo and Amar'e...
Stoudemire can benefit from a PG to run the offense, but I am CERTAIN that if it had been Carmelo who scored 38, then the Knicks would have lost by 20 and he would seem unfettered by it.
negative. i guess you dont know about melo and the lin effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCREzBEI-v4
Old 02-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #712
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
with all this carmelo talk, i just read another jeremy lin article on yahoo with this interesting excerpt below:
Quote:
"Chandler won a title with the Dallas Mavericks a season ago, played with Jason Kidd and hadn’t come to New York to sell false hopes with false prophets. Four games with Lin, and he knows what they have with him. “He just has a pace and a confidence,” Chandler said. “He just keeps coming. I haven’t seen anything like this. He’s taken us all by surprise … us, the league.

“He’s not a fluke.”

That’s a message to Anthony: Don’t mess this up. Stoudemire will return to the Knicks on Monday, and Lin will be a godsend for him. They’ll play pick-and-roll basketball, fit seamlessly together. Out with a groin injury, Anthony watched Lin with a pensive eye, at times devoid of the exuberance of his teammates, at others rollicking along with everyone else. He has to understand: Despite a max contract, his All-Star seasons, his face on the Garden marquee, suddenly Anthony has to fit into Jeremy Lin’s Knicks. Just four games, and yet that’s no exaggeration. Four games, and here’s an unmistakable truth: These Knicks are following Lin."
it's kind of exaggerating calling this team Lin's Knicks, but i do agree that if melo did try to score 38 points, the knicks would have lost and he would not claim any responsibility since he would think he did his part just like last year in the playoffs. i think Lin can be the PG the knicks need and will benefit carmelo like when he played with Andre Miller in Denver if only if Melo would let it, but who knows since it seems like he is sad watching Lin's team ball leading to success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #713
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

one of the the happiest guy in on that lakers game was melo. people that think they cannot coexist is retarded. he can score 38pts and still win with lin. melo is a damn scary good outlet for lin. while melo had no problems letting lin lead (nets game) because he was drawing double/triple defenders everytime he touched the ball.

tonite game is a great example where they could have gone to more to a melo. instead of overplaying lin. the obvious dantoni.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #714
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
But isnt the problem with Carmelo is that he has to have so many touches in order to score? How are you splitting the touches between 3 people who can score. Lin and Amare will get their touches since they will play Pick and Roll heavy offense, where would that leave Carmelo? Would they run iso just to let Carmelo get his touches even tho already know that hasnt really worked out for them this year?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #715
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But isnt the problem with Carmelo is that he has to have so many touches in order to score? How are you splitting the touches between 3 people who can score. Lin and Amare will get their touches since they will play Pick and Roll heavy offense, where would that leave Carmelo? Would they run iso just to let Carmelo get his touches even tho already know that hasnt really worked out for them this year?
Give it up, Ray... there are literally ZERO ways you can frame this discussion to someone who will simply skew the conversation to their advantage.
but still I discuss it...
Amar'e will LOVE Lin, and Lin will do whatever he must, as he is on a rookie-scale minimum contract and his success/failure in the right now will determine whether he gets more later, so he will not let himself be the reason the Knicks flame out in the first round. Tyson Chandler will be Tyson Chandler; that is he will defend his position well and be the dude waiting on that weakside lob when the defense loads up on Amar'e on the inevitable pick-and-roll.

Carmelo will be the problem, comparatively... A PG-centric offense can save D'Antoni's job in NY, and somewhat justify Stoudemire's bloated contract that not even the insurance companies believe in. Carmelo needs the ball, and a lot of it. When the ball goes to him, it often doesn't come back out. When one factors in his disinterest in defensive bother, he is like a slightly less athletic Vince Carter with only better shooting ability and only slightly better shot selection.

In order for the Knicks' situation to work, it will be largely at the expense of Carmelo's happiness. It would be a just comeuppance, considering the team got ZERO return on the exodus of talent they gave to get the guy, becoming a worse team and watching the Nuggets become much better in his wake.

And I write too!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #716
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Wrong again, the actual problem is amare and need the most adjustment. Think about... We have a real center , now. What do you think that does to his game. Think. Why is he so lost.

Btw, melo defensively is better than amare, Beside the height. When he's on the floor he offsets our defense weaker. I rather have Jeffries on to offset a better balance.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #717
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Wrong again, the actual problem is amare and need the most adjustment. Think about... We have a real center , now. What do you think that does to his game. Think. Why is he so lost.
Stoudemire's problem is that he was never as good at creating his own shot as Steve Nash made us believe he was. As his knees cost him his explosiveness, that ability was all gone. Amar'e never saw his production go down much during this in Phoenix BECAUSE of Nash, and in NY because no one else was getting his touches. When Melo - and no usable point guard - arrived, it all went to shit.
Quote:
Btw, melo defensively is better than amare, Beside the height.
They're BOTH shitty defenders, Amar'e because he was never expected to, and Carmelo because he simply declined to try to, and THEN was never really asked to. I will concede that at defending their position, Carmelo is a better defender, but that is like sitting in a lobby at a clinic comparing VDs with another person and arriving to "hell, at least it ain't something permanent, like AIDS."
There are still major AND underlying problems to be addressed that will become apparent when the superstars return, and the problems that will come appended to Carmelo are worse, as we know him as the one to kill ball movement.

And I write too!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #718
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Give it up, Ray... there are literally ZERO ways you can frame this discussion to someone who will simply skew the conversation to their advantage.
but still I discuss it...
Amar'e will LOVE Lin, and Lin will do whatever he must, as he is on a rookie-scale minimum contract and his success/failure in the right now will determine whether he gets more later, so he will not let himself be the reason the Knicks flame out in the first round. Tyson Chandler will be Tyson Chandler; that is he will defend his position well and be the dude waiting on that weakside lob when the defense loads up on Amar'e on the inevitable pick-and-roll.

Carmelo will be the problem, comparatively... A PG-centric offense can save D'Antoni's job in NY, and somewhat justify Stoudemire's bloated contract that not even the insurance companies believe in. Carmelo needs the ball, and a lot of it. When the ball goes to him, it often doesn't come back out. When one factors in his disinterest in defensive bother, he is like a slightly less athletic Vince Carter with only better shooting ability and only slightly better shot selection.

In order for the Knicks' situation to work, it will be largely at the expense of Carmelo's happiness. It would be a just comeuppance, considering the team got ZERO return on the exodus of talent they gave to get the guy, becoming a worse team and watching the Nuggets become much better in his wake.
Totally agree.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #719
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Amare couldn't play with shaq. It takes away his spacing. Every interview , he mentions about spacing. He played better as a center last yr because we didn't have chandler on the lane. This guy has zero post up unlike melo who Can post.

If only dantoni studies the plays preknicks of melo. He would understand to take advantage of his ability instead of chucking threes.

I don't think you have watch every Knicks game. Melo has the potent defensive awareness. Which amare totally lacks. The linsanity is contagious and melo has shown good d.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 02-12-2012 at 07:16 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #720
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

So Phlip...how you liking Mike Brown as a coach so far?

CLICK HERE!!!
Closed Thread