Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #721
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlakeW View Post
Im a fan, but I would buy a 350Z first. You can get one at a great price point, and they're faster!
Not in the corners...where it really counts!

350Z's are fat pigs compared to a FR-S/BRZ (+3300lbs as compared to ~2800lbs).

And I don't think any review I've read has raved about the 350Z's handling...whereas the FR-S / BRZ is universally praised for it's "fun to drive" factor (great handling).

Just a note...

- Brian
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #722
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion::S14 View Post
Not in the corners...where it really counts!

350Z's are fat pigs compared to a FR-S/BRZ (+3300lbs as compared to ~2800lbs).

And I don't think any review I've read has raved about the 350Z's handling...whereas the FR-S / BRZ is universally praised for it's "fun to drive" factor (great handling).

Just a note...

- Brian
Don't fool your self. The Z is fast in the corners... it just does not feel it. The 350Z can walk the S2000 on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZyp8rfzazg
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #723
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^I honestly would like to see how an S14 Silvia K with coilovers and sways would perform against those two cars. So I could get a better reference point.

Like literally that same vid just stick a Silvia in it.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #724
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
God... what is up with these BRZ fanboys trying to erase a decade of S2000/350Z awesomeness? FUCKING GET REAL.

Sat in a FRS today at the State Fair. Right after sitting in a Nismo 370Z and a Genesis Coupe. I lol'd hard.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #725
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
God... what is up with these BRZ fanboys trying to erase a decade of S2000/350Z awesomeness? FUCKING GET REAL.

Sat in a FRS today at the State Fair. Right after sitting in a Nismo 370Z and a Genesis Coupe. I lol'd hard.
Yea the interior quality is laughable compared to the Z and Gen. I don't want to hear the argument about keeping the price low either. for the same price you get a whole lot more in the Gen.
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #726
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Light, simple, very fun to drive, inexpensive.

What other current production car can claim all of these traits?

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #727
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post

Not questioning that at all. I simply believe the quality of the interior could be better. Oh, and I suppose the Miata could fit those traits.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #728
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Light, simple, very fun to drive, inexpensive, no chick car image.

Fixed lol

Old 10-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #729
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

lol you got me there. I love the FRS, driven my buddys numerous times. I simply feel that if Im dropping 26,000 on a car (which I know isnt much by others standards) I should get better interior quality.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #730
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

Miata .
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #731
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Miata .

Fixed lol

Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #732
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Honestly if the "chick car image" gets to you,

you have personal "size" problems lol
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #733
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

It doesn't get to me lol I JUST drove a miata today. They are awesome cars. I just wouldn't own one because I don't like the image that's all

Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #734
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't fit in one so it's too small(miata/BRZ/FRS)...

To the Z being fat...3000lbs is reachable without losing it DD feel....

Sub 3000lbs has been done on every track Z, 2700 is determine on how far you wanna and can go due to class.
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #735
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So a 240sx won't be a classic?
nope, i dont see how you can compare an iconic Porsche to a 240sx.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #736
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Don't fool your self. The Z is fast in the corners... it just does not feel it. The 350Z can walk the S2000 on the track.
Truth! HR Z's like the one in the video, are actually very quick, it just seems to feel slow because it's a bigger car than the S2000/Miata/FRZ's

Quote:

I don't think they are trying to erase anything, but alot of people are excited by the car. I'm not going to lie though, the 370z interior looks like the interior of a 30K+ car, whereas the FRS's interior looks like a sub 30k car, I don't get how that's surprising.

Quote:

Miata fits the bill perfectly, but verts aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
I can't fit in one so it's too small(miata/BRZ/FRS)...

To the Z being fat...3000lbs is reachable without losing it DD feel....

Sub 3000lbs has been done on every track Z, 2700 is determine on how far you wanna and can go due to class.
The FRS is actually quite roomy to me, coming from an S2000 so I guess I'm used to a much more cramped compartment. The Z is quite roomy too, but I hate how it feels like I'm driving a bathtub with how high the doors go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #737
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
I don't think they are trying to erase anything, but alot of people are excited by the car. I'm not going to lie though, the 370z interior looks like the interior of a 30K+ car, whereas the FRS's interior looks like a sub 30k car, I don't get how that's surprising.
C'mon man. BRS/BRZ and Gen Coupe are both sub $30k cars and they're interiors are worlds apart. But hey, I don't really care. That's not a major gripe of mine. What's annoying is all the talk like "The Z is a pig! It's so slow!" or "FRS will crush the S2000 with wider/stickier rubber!"

According to PBM, getting the FRS/BRZ to go low AND fit wider/lower offset wheels and tires is a taller order than most are bargaining for. There is a reason why you're seeing so many Rocket Bunny overs mangling the fenders of brand new cars...
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_plu...opic.php?10166

But I will admit that my original grip about the 5x100 lug pattern is really becoming less of an issue as tons of wheel manufacturers jump on this band wagon.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #738
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
C'mon man. BRS/BRZ and Gen Coupe are both sub $30k cars and they're interiors are worlds apart. But hey, I don't really care. That's not a major gripe of mine. What's annoying is all the talk like "The Z is a pig! It's so slow!" or "FRS will crush the S2000 with wider/stickier rubber!"

According to PBM, getting the FRS/BRZ to go low AND fit wider/lower offset wheels and tires is a taller order than most are bargaining for. There is a reason why you're seeing so many Rocket Bunny overs mangling the fenders of brand new cars...
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_plu...opic.php?10166

But I will admit that my original grip about the 5x100 lug pattern is really becoming less of an issue as tons of wheel manufacturers jump on this band wagon.
Unfortunately you will find people that have never even driven the two cars that will make judgements based off others opinions and somehow come to a conclusion based off hearsay. I've owned both, and the Z is definitely no slouch. It actually handles very well and will destroy the FRS in a straight line and around a track stock for stock.

As far as interiors go, I don't really pay too much attention honestly, I haven't sat in a Gen coupe since the first year so I dunno if they've changed anything but I wouldn't call it impressive back then. I love the bolsters of the FRS seats and feel that every thing is in a good position overall.

I know what you're saying about the low offsets but honestly the car wasn't made to have low offset wheels, just like the s2000 wasn't. A combo a lot of guys seem to be running is 17x9 +35-40 all around with a 245 or 255 on all four corners and that fits with no body work and maybe slight negative camber in the front depending on tires used. I know with coilovers they can get a little more aggressive with it as well. I can't stand seeing all these brand new cars being hacked up to fit wheels and tires that will fit under the stock body work if they used wheels with the right offsets.

I agree with the 5x100 remark as well, at first it worried me and I thought I'd be looking for a 5x114.3 conversion down the road, but many manufacturers have jumped on board with good sizes in frs specific setups including Volk, Work, Enkei, and several other companies

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #739
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydoesit View Post
Yea the interior quality is laughable compared to the Z and Gen. I don't want to hear the argument about keeping the price low either. for the same price you get a whole lot more in the Gen.
A whole lot more ugly.

The Gen and Z keep their price low by sharing chassis with their heavy sedan brethren. The FRS is a dedicate chasis. It should really be compared with the Mazda Miata.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #740
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

How soon the world forgets.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #741
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
I'm not going to lie though, the 370z interior looks like the interior of a 30K+ car,

The Z is quite roomy too, but I hate how it feels like I'm driving a bathtub with how high the doors go.
true on both points..

Quote:
Agreed...I'll keep siding on the Z car because buying used is far smarter choice for the sport(drifting)! That's why the 240sx is at every event. We'll see how fast they drop in price, cause buying a used 07/08 or even cheaper 03-06 Z would keep Mr. Wallet happier than a new car!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #742
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Fixed lol
Who says in 5 years all the FRZ owners won't be old guys and girls?

Not like being associated with "ken block" douche-bags is that great.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #743
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Who says in 5 years all the FRZ owners won't be old guys and girls?

Not like being associated with "ken block" douche-bags is that great.
I find it funny how many people miss out on the Miata because of it's supposed "gayness". Most of the people I saw or met driving Miatas were real enthusiasts and older gentlemen. I'm glad it has the stigma it does though, prevents MOST of the douchebags from getting into them. I can't wait to pick up another Mazdaspeed Miata

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #744
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^Agreed. That "female" image miatas have IS a blessing in disguise. Filters out the insecure and power-hungry drivers. I love all generations of the miata. To me they're all fun to drive. Go kart with a sheet-metal body.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #745
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Agreed on the Miata, I loved mine for the 2/2.5 years I owned it! It was a great little car, never felt like I was in a girls car.. More of an old mans car lol.. But I added some Ohlins R&T coilovers, had it corner balanced, better strut bar, some 17x9 RPF1's, sticky StarSpecs, pads, steel braided lines and went to the track.. It always did a great job of keeping up with some much faster cars, and getting the point by on a lot of them.. Its great what that little car can do on a roadcourse! Sadly I ended up selling it to get out of debt this year to start back to school.. But anyone who is looking for something new that is light weight and rear wheel drive... Go drive a Miata, and I can bet it will change your opinion..

Here is mine at the last track day I attended

oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #746
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolsilvia View Post
Agreed on the Miata, I loved mine for the 2/2.5 years I owned it! It was a great little car, never felt like I was in a girls car.. More of an old mans car lol.. But I added some Ohlins R&T coilovers, had it corner balanced, better strut bar, some 17x9 RPF1's, sticky StarSpecs, pads, steel braided lines and went to the track.. It always did a great job of keeping up with some much faster cars, and getting the point by on a lot of them.. Its great what that little car can do on a roadcourse! Sadly I ended up selling it to get out of debt this year to start back to school.. But anyone who is looking for something new that is light weight and rear wheel drive... Go drive a Miata, and I can bet it will change your opinion..

Here is mine at the last track day I attended

Nice. I'm a close acquaintance with PJ Bonifacio and "rented" his white NA for a few months while my S13 was out of commission. stock motor + stock vlsd + Apexi coilovers = perspective changed.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #747
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

off topic but what the name and company of that ^^^ hardtop?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #748
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Changes the side profile dramatically!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #749
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydoesit View Post
off topic but what the name and company of that ^^^ hardtop?
Here you go
Autokonexion Miata Body Kits

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #750
Corbic
Post Whore!

Only downsize to the Miata is Mazda has made them rather "soft looking" over the years and we... being 6'5 means I can't even get behind the wheel of a NA and in a NB my eyes stare at the windshield frame all the while being cramped.