Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #721
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The r32 gtr looks like a better option vs the cost of the brembos
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #722
idlebad
Leaky Injector

idlebad is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving the build man! Keep up the good work.
idlebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #723
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
The r32 gtr looks like a better option vs the cost of the brembos
it really depends on what you want. The brembos are a little better than factory sumitomo. If you want a real brake setup sometime down the line, I wouldn't bother with the brembos. But if you just want a nice a factory brake setup that looks a little cleaner and is more than capable for spirited driving and some track days, then get the brembos. You can always buy nice 2 piece rotors,pads, and lines to complete the brembo setup if you want the "BBK" look. Also you have to realize he can recycle those factory r32 brakes onto another project or just try to sell them and get back some of the cost. So he really got a free upgrade for one car while still upgrading his GTR. I am still in debate with myself which route I want to take. I've always been an alcon fan boy lol. I also have a problem with wanting things in new condition. Especially if its going to show so I usually resort to the overly expensive aftermarket option lol.

Not sure what you are looking to spend on rear brakes. But there is a set of black brembo 2 pot rears on the auctions right now. 59,980 yen, looks to have project Mu slotted rotors and pads.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #724
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The Brembos are a pretty decent Upgrade. They are bigger/use a bigger rotor, Weigh about the same as Stockers if not a little lighter and the Pistons are a light weight alloy. (Sumitomo's use steel pistons) So that will help reduce the fluid from boiling.

This isnt gonna be a dedicated track car so these will suit me just fine.

Yeah the old GTR brakes will be going on the 4 Door so its a win-win lol

Ive looked at Alcon and such and damn they are expensive. If this was a track only car then Id get some Project Mu calipers. Not sure if you can buy rebuild kits and rotors still for Alcons (atleast the ones I was looking at). Plus I dont like to have to dig hard or mis match things too much to make stuff work. These are factory so I can order whatever I want from the dealership.

I got these for about 32,000Yen ($250ish). Really cheap just need new dust boots but ordered a whole rebuild kit for $40.00 and new hardware for $40.00. Not really worried about paint that this point, but if I find a decently priced powered coater that can repaint them back in the US then Ill probably get that done. But for now ehhh.

Hmm not bad, probably wait to see if I can find another cheap set that needs to be rebuilt, or Tax return time I might pick some up.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #725
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm pretty sure alcon, ap and brembo are the most lax when it comes to cross referencing a bunch of different pads etc. It's the Japan companies that pretty much limit you to their products and are way more expensive for the same product. Endless for example. Another reason you barely see them used outside of japan. I would still love a blue endless kit though lol. I look at the UK forums for alcon stuff since they are from England. Seems like most of them run the BBK kit they have to offer.

I hear you on the factory stuff. Another reason I can't decide. Just look and order, so simple. I just got some dixcel replacement stuff. See how they are, should hold me up until I can make a real decision which way to go. Those black brembo calipers are sweet though. I don't think I would want red.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #726
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I'm pretty sure alcon, ap and brembo are the most lax when it comes to cross referencing a bunch of different pads etc. It's the Japan companies that pretty much limit you to their products and are way more expensive for the same product. Endless for example. Another reason you barely see them used outside of japan. I would still love a blue endless kit though lol. I look at the UK forums for alcon stuff since they are from England. Seems like most of them run the BBK kit they have to offer.

I hear you on the factory stuff. Another reason I can't decide. Just look and order, so simple. I just got some dixcel replacement stuff. See how they are, should hold me up until I can make a real decision which way to go. Those black brembo calipers are sweet though. I don't think I would want red.
Id have to do some research on them. Didnt think I could run a set on the GTR so I havent bothered to research much.

But for what Im doing with the car I think the Brembo's will be just fine. The Dixcel brake setup I have on it right now feel really good, so hopefully with only another 300 HP being added the Brembo's will suit just fine.

And on that note I got in a rebuild kit for them and rebuilt them.

Too bad im not too big on looks but Id rather spend $300 on something else right now than getting them painted.

I did take some clear coat nail polish to it to make it look a little better and prevent the OG clear from chipping more.

Also middle of next month Ill be having some body work done on the GTR to fix some of the common rust spots on the rear quarter panels.

Apparently he is the best in Northern Japan.

He just did some work and painted my buddy's

Cellphones cant capture the full color, its a 350Z Silver Moss I think is what its called

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 10-25-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #727
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Glad a live in California. No rust
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #728
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your little truck is so awesome. It's like a rolling toolbox. If i was you bring that bad boy back with your other 10 cars. Weld some toolboxes on it and a mechanical cherry picker!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #729
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasemi View Post
Your little truck is so awesome. It's like a rolling toolbox. If i was you bring that bad boy back with your other 10 cars. Weld some toolboxes on it and a mechanical cherry picker!
+1 for kei truck,
they bring em here to the US all the time, they just aren't road legal, so you'll see em as landscaping trucks at universities and stuff.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #730
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasemi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
+1 for kei truck,
they bring em here to the US all the time, they just aren't road legal, so you'll see em as landscaping trucks at universities and stuff.
Yeah its a nice truck wish I could keep it but not gonna deal with importing it and would be scared shitless driving it in the US. F150 hits me im done for.

Yeah that was the whole reason I bought it was to load up all my tools since I don't have a damn garage around here.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #731
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Took long enough but finally got my hands on that GTR chassis.

About 2 hours of ripping to to it Got the chassis harness and a bunch of Misc things pulled.

Still got a good bit more to do

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #732
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
What do you need from it?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #733
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
What do you need from it?
Pretty much everything that can be unbolted.

The chassis is pretty clean so I wanna take the RR quarter panel and the spot welded frame pieces on the under floor board, rocker panels, rear taillight support and the front and rear wind shields.

So excited for this cuz it has about 90% of the parts that I wanted for spares.

Only paid $350 for the chassis but has over 2K worth of spare parts if I were to buy them off the auctions.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #734
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Chassis is pretty much stripped

Pretty nice, this diff is a Stock LSD one, Just a 1 way but better than Viscous

And another bonus Is it came with front and rear adjustable sway bars ^o^

FRom what I can tell they seems to be ARC Pipe stabilizers

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #735
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sent the GTR down to the body shop to get the Left rear fenders fixed. Gonna have rust cut out and new metal shaped and welded in no bondo filler like all the Shitty ones up north here.

Luckily its not that bad only the inner arch that meets the fender lip is what's rusted away but there are a few rust bubbles that developed on the outer fender.

Also picked up a shed so I can store the parts from the White GTR.

Started moving some of the parts in. Need to get some totes so I can stack and make more room.

This is literally only a fraction of the parts I have.

I still have 3 other storage rooms packed with parts and stil need to bring over the rest of the White GTR's parts and cut up that car -o-
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #736
future
Post Whore!

I hope it has a roof lol
Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #737
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
A dedicated GTR parts Shed. I like it!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #738
Visionshift

Visionshift is an unknown quantity at this point
In for future readings! I'm super jealous, from one brother to another!
Visionshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #739
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Got some progress on the parts car,
got the tubs and front core support chopped off.

Pulled the rear glass and chopped the front window out

and when it got too late for loud noises I My buddy and I pulled the Engine on his GTR

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-28-2015, 04:40 AM   #740
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Where'd the GTR go?

Pretty much this one lonely sawz all blade did all this work.
It was already heavily used when I stated using it.
Even in its current condition it still cuts!!!

A compact GTR

And Got the GTR back from my Body guy.

So nice to have all that taken care of

All the rust was cut out and new metal welded in and had the pannels inside sprayed with rust preventative.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #741
future
Post Whore!

When do you actually do army stuff? Lol
Old 11-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #742
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
When do you actually do army stuff? Lol
I'm in the Air Force so so technically I don't do any Army stuff lol

But nah this is a very slow pace for me. If I had my own house shit would have gone so much faster
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-29-2015, 08:49 AM   #743
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
you wouldnt happen to have a stock airbox snorkel would you? The piece that brings air into the airbox from the bumper area.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #744
DEZCA

DEZCA is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got back to the US from Okinawa. GTRs everywhere. Owned one for a bit haha. Then got into the drift life. Owned an X100 Chaser for the rest of the time. Now im out ( Thank God ) Haha. Hows Misawa? Cold? Haha Nice build man!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #745
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Got a buddy that just got to Misawa from Osan and pick up a 91 I believe. He's a weapons troop. He never talked about JDM cars or any cars for that matter so I was surprised to hear he got a GTR. I remember earlier in your thread you said there weren't that many GTRs there so you will probably see him.

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #746
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
you wouldnt happen to have a stock airbox snorkel would you? The piece that brings air into the airbox from the bumper area.

there is not one behind the bumper, there is a muffler box that hangs in there. The inlet comes from right under the head light.
But nah I don't think I have any of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZCA View Post
Just got back to the US from Okinawa. GTRs everywhere. Owned one for a bit haha. Then got into the drift life. Owned an X100 Chaser for the rest of the time. Now im out ( Thank God ) Haha. Hows Misawa? Cold? Haha Nice build man!
Nice, I miss Oki but only as a Civi. I wanted to get a X100 but cuz it snows so much up here I wanted AWD :/

Misawa I Meh... Just started snowing 3 days ago soooo yey....

Domo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
Got a buddy that just got to Misawa from Osan and pick up a 91 I believe. He's a weapons troop. He never talked about JDM cars or any cars for that matter so I was surprised to hear he got a GTR. I remember earlier in your thread you said there weren't that many GTRs there so you will probably see him.
yeah that's typical, if hes never worked on cars before hes gonna have a bad time owning a GTR. lol

Yeah before there wasn't a whole lot, Now there is. probably around 20-30 maybe now. Only 5 of them actually mod them.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 12-28-2015 at 11:48 PM..
Old 12-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #747
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Found these for a steal on YAJ. BCNR33 Brembo's. Never though Id own a pair. Now I need to find the rears :/

Need to clean them up, tear them down and rebuild build them

Comparison between the Brembos and BNR32 GTR's

These brakes paired with SS brake lines, Endless MX72 & Endless RF650 fluid are solid.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #748
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontananissan View Post
These brakes paired with SS brake lines, Endless MX72 & Endless RF650 fluid are solid.

Yeah since I have to get new rotors I was thinking about going with an Endless or Project Mu setup.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #749
Aesthetics45
Leaky Injector

Aesthetics45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good shit here!
Aesthetics45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:17 AM   #750
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

well its that time of year again... -o-

Time for hibernation, Got the GTR wrapped up next will be the 4 Door.

Thankfully this will be the last time I have to do this.... I hope.

Wondered this for a while. I have an a "bad" G Sensor from the donor chassis, and always wondered what was inside. So I tore it apart.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp