Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #721
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Sure, you would need the entire BCM, PTS button and proximity key module out of the M35... should only be a couple thousand dollars.

Otherwise no

You would need to consider adding an aftermarket PTS system to the S14. The prox fob won't be as nice looking as an OEM Nissan/Infiniti one, but it wil be able to do the same thing essentially. You would need to add the push button start somewhere, disable the steering wheel lock and wire in the complete aftermarket PTS system... which generally will have an integrated security system and maybe even remote start.

Something like this:

Advanced Keys - AK-104B Smart Key with Push Start System

Keyless Ignition RFID Push Button Start systems

Understood haha.
I'm not so interested in the PTS. The only real thing I wanted was the keyless entry, and locking from a few feet away.

I figured I may have been able to put the fob to use but seems like it's just a little trinkit. Oh well, ill just have to get an aftermarket system from you then.

Thank you
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #722
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasss View Post
Understood haha.
I'm not so interested in the PTS. The only real thing I wanted was the keyless entry, and locking from a few feet away.

I figured I may have been able to put the fob to use but seems like it's just a little trinkit. Oh well, ill just have to get an aftermarket system from you then.

Thank you
If all you really want is a proximity based keyless, then DEI(company that makes Viper) makes one of those.... called the PKE or model 2102T. It will lock your doors automatically when you get approximately 8 feet away from the vehicle and unlock it when you get within 8 feet of the vehicle. I sell it for $89 shipped.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #723
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
PMd you about it! Thanks again
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #724
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lately I've read that since the early 90's, audio equipment has dropped off significantly in terms of build/sound quality, is that really the case?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #725
ZERTA RACING
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
ZERTA RACING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
What speakers would you recommend for a 240sx? I have a budget of 400 for all 4 speakers I will be pairing them with a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS 6.1" Double DIN.
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #726
Kelevran

Kelevran is an unknown quantity at this point
I found my new setup. I decided to go with a 1-Din. Let me know if you think my setup is good or if I can make any improvements. Thanks

Deck
Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-80PRS Mobile CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment: Car Electronics

Speakers Front and Rear
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-G1643R 6.5-Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Subwoofer With Shallow Mount Box
Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10-Inch Step Up Shallow S4 Subwoofer
Amazon.com: 10 In. Shallow Sealed Enclosure: Car Electronics

Amplifier
Amazon.com: Precision Power Sedona Monoblock Class D 850W RMS Amplifier: Electronics
Kelevran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #727
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Lately I've read that since the early 90's, audio equipment has dropped off significantly in terms of build/sound quality, is that really the case?
Absolutely not true! Sure, some brands have gone down in quality, WAY down even, because the company has been sold and re-bought numerous times. But equipment is better than ever now compared to equipment in the past. As a whole it's worse because you have all of these cheap ass companies that didn't exist in the 80's/90's. But the brands at the top are the best they have ever been. Not to mention newer companies like Hybrid Audio... they sell the best lineup of speakers in the history of car audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
What speakers would you recommend for a 240sx? I have a budget of 400 for all 4 speakers I will be pairing them with a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS 6.1" Double DIN.
I need to know what chassis it is... if it's an S13, is it a hatch, coupe or vert? We'll definitely want to try and get some Hybrids in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevran View Post
I found my new setup. I decided to go with a 1-Din. Let me know if you think my setup is good or if I can make any improvements. Thanks

Deck
Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-80PRS Mobile CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment: Car Electronics

Speakers Front and Rear
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-G1643R 6.5-Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Subwoofer With Shallow Mount Box
Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10-Inch Step Up Shallow S4 Subwoofer
Amazon.com: 10 In. Shallow Sealed Enclosure: Car Electronics

Amplifier
Amazon.com: Precision Power Sedona Monoblock Class D 850W RMS Amplifier: Electronics
My recommendation is to scrap all of it and buy good stuff from me. Let me know if you want to setup a system with me and I'll quote you some prices.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #728
Kelevran

[\QUOTE]My recommendation is to scrap all of it and buy good stuff from me. Let me know if you want to setup a system with me and I'll quote you some prices.[/QUOTE]

Sure why not. What setup would recommend and pricing? Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #729
ZERTA RACING
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
ZERTA RACING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Sorry my bad its for my S14( same car i bought the viper for which i received yesterday THANKS!)

-Thomas
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #730
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hey Toby!

What's your opinion on Pioneer's double din units?

Specifically the AVH-4400, or any of their AVH series for that manner.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #731
Kelevran

What gauge wire should I run if I am using
WoofersEtc.com - S850.1D - Precision Power 850W Sedona Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier and
Audio Savings | Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10
I plan on using a 6 guage wire.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #732
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
never mind

Last edited by jamg; 05-12-2013 at 11:25 PM..
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #733
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Toby, what alarm would you recommend for my s14, i know there are plenty of options in varying price ranges and all, so maybe your opinion on the lower, mid range, and high end would help me decide which to go with. Also i've noticed my power locks don't quite work as well as they use to, pretty sure the solenoids are going out, any aftermarket ones that you know of since this would most likely be an issue with keyless entry. Thanks
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #734
litch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
litch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mr. Broadfield:

I am contemplating doing a one off hatch rear seat delete.. I have removed the oem covering on the left and the right, and have put my battery in the back. What I am thinking about is making a piece that bolts on to where the original rear seat would bolt up. I am going to make a mold out of cardboard to see how complex the bends and such would need to be.

My question for you is once I have said mold ready, would it be better to have it made at a machine shop out of sheet metal, or have it overlaid with fiberglass?

here is what I have in mind
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...ps633a5c90.jpg
litch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #735
RedSled
Leaky Injector

RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
hi good day toby
im looking to get a replacement subwoofer for my lexus gs300 ,they originally come with a mark levinson 10" 150w 8ohms free air speaker from the information i acquired ,what i'd like to know is what subwoofer can be the best replacement and sound better
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #736
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm looking for keyless entry for my S13, what system would you recommend? do you sell them?

i'm not looking to spend too much.

added security would be cool too, it really just depends on the price.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #737
blackrb20s13

blackrb20s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
NM, decided to go with a single 15 in a ported box.

Last edited by blackrb20s13; 05-07-2013 at 06:03 AM..
blackrb20s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #738
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Just letting you guys know that I haven't forgot about you.... I'm in a ridiculously busy period with my custom work and sales right now, so I'm obviously having to devote all of my time/support towards my paying customers at the moment. If you have a question about buying product from me or need tech support on product you have purchased from me, then please post in the appropriate for sale thread or PM/email me... your inquiry will then be bumped to the VIP list

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #739
jewlz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jewlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yo toby do you recall how much camber you ran when you had 18x10 et20's in the rear?
jewlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #740
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Not really a question, however I've seen the way you redid your trunk and wanted to thank you for the idea. Can't wait to do it on my Vert.
Konster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #741
Spore_Print

Spore_Print is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you do wiring harness repair? specifically on my ca18det engine harness MAF part loom

thanks
Spore_Print is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #742
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
Sorry my bad its for my S14( same car i bought the viper for which i received yesterday THANKS!)

-Thomas
If you are going to run an amplifier or at least run one in the future, then I would do Hybrid Audio Imagine series up front and Hybrid Audio Mirus series in the back. I can do these for $400. If you are never going to run an amplifier then I would do Hybrid Audio Mirus series front and back... about $280.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Hey Toby!

What's your opinion on Pioneer's double din units?

Specifically the AVH-4400, or any of their AVH series for that manner.

Thanks.
I have never been a fan of Pioneer units... terrible user interface and typically slow. They do have a lot of features though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevran View Post
4 gauge... 6 gauge is a very uncommon size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
Toby, what alarm would you recommend for my s14, i know there are plenty of options in varying price ranges and all, so maybe your opinion on the lower, mid range, and high end would help me decide which to go with. Also i've noticed my power locks don't quite work as well as they use to, pretty sure the solenoids are going out, any aftermarket ones that you know of since this would most likely be an issue with keyless entry. Thanks
I would recommend either the Viper 3203 or Viper 3303... then add any additional sensors if there are specific areas of the vehicle you want to protect. So for example, you could add the 507M digital tilt sensor if you are worried about the wheels getting stolen or the car being towed..

I sell actuators that you can replace the OEM ones with. However, they are not a drop in replacement. The only drop in replacement would be an OEM unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litch View Post
Mr. Broadfield:

I am contemplating doing a one off hatch rear seat delete.. I have removed the oem covering on the left and the right, and have put my battery in the back. What I am thinking about is making a piece that bolts on to where the original rear seat would bolt up. I am going to make a mold out of cardboard to see how complex the bends and such would need to be.

My question for you is once I have said mold ready, would it be better to have it made at a machine shop out of sheet metal, or have it overlaid with fiberglass?

here is what I have in mind
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...ps633a5c90.jpg
The advantage of fiberglass is that it can be any shape... contours etc. If you just need essentially a flat piece, or a piece that has multiple flat sections, then I would do it out of sheet metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
hi good day toby
im looking to get a replacement subwoofer for my lexus gs300 ,they originally come with a mark levinson 10" 150w 8ohms free air speaker from the information i acquired ,what i'd like to know is what subwoofer can be the best replacement and sound better
You will need to replace it with another free-air sub.... which there are not many out there. I don't even sell any. I would look into FI and see if they have a free-air solution. Keep in mind that you may actually get less output with an aftermarket sub because it will most likely be far less efficient than the OEM one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
I'm looking for keyless entry for my S13, what system would you recommend? do you sell them?

i'm not looking to spend too much.

added security would be cool too, it really just depends on the price.
Viper keyless runs $59 shipped, basic Viper security/keyless runs $89 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlz View Post
yo toby do you recall how much camber you ran when you had 18x10 et20's in the rear?
Not much, I think -1 degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Not really a question, however I've seen the way you redid your trunk and wanted to thank you for the idea. Can't wait to do it on my Vert.
I'm glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spore_Print View Post
Do you do wiring harness repair? specifically on my ca18det engine harness MAF part loom

thanks
I do not... you would want to check with Wiring Specialties or Jordan Innovations

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #743
captainfalco
Zilvia Member

captainfalco is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to captainfalco
Do you ever come across some older Alpine units for sale? I'm looking for a sort of period correct (late 80's, early 90s) look for my AW11.
captainfalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #744
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfalco View Post
Do you ever come across some older Alpine units for sale? I'm looking for a sort of period correct (late 80's, early 90s) look for my AW11.
I'm pretty sure I have a barely used, near mint condition, in the box Alpine CDA-7939. However, it is a preamp only headunit.... so you would need to run an amplifier with it. I can check tomorrow if you are interested. Otherwise I don't come across old Alpine units or care to for that matter... I only deal in new product. Pawn shops and Ebay would be your best bet if the 7939 doesn't tickle your fancy.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #745
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Actually, it's a CDA-7949 that I have... even better. Let me know if you are interested.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #746
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Any luck on those prices yet?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #747
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Any luck on those prices yet?

No, why would I have done that

Sorry man.... since we didn't talk over PM or email I didn't really have anything to refer back to and remind me. I'm getting old and forget once in a while.... I sincerely apologize! Please email or PM me what make/model/year his vehicle was again and I'll reply back.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #748
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
What's your proffered metal (aluminum) polish?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #749
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
What's your proffered metal (aluminum) polish?
That is by far the easiest question I will probably ever answer in this thread: Hoosier Metal Polish. There is nothing like it and I have tried pretty much everything. I have been using it for around 20 years. You will not believe the results.

W.T.I Fenders - Add the finishing touch - Kentland, Indiana - Tractor Trailer Truck Fenders - Hoosier Metal Polish

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #750
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
That is by far the easiest question I will probably ever answer in this thread: Hoosier Metal Polish. There is nothing like it and I have tried pretty much everything. I have been using it for around 20 years. You will not believe the results.

W.T.I Fenders - Add the finishing touch - Kentland, Indiana - Tractor Trailer Truck Fenders - Hoosier Metal Polish
I don't see an ingredient list. Does this have Silicone in it?