Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #721
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
All I know is that Melodrama better get out of the first round this year or every Knicks fan is going to have to find a hole to run and hide in. I mean seriously 8 of 9 years of being bounced out in the first round -_-
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #722
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
All I know is that Melodrama better get out of the first round this year or every Knicks fan is going to have to find a hole to run and hide in. I mean seriously 8 of 9 years of being bounced out in the first round -_-
How can they, with the best PG in the history of ever still layed up with a ruined knee?

And I write too!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #723
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
How can they, with the best PG in the history of ever still layed up with a ruined knee?
Hahahahaha
Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #724
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
This is true, I miss the Brolo Youtube highlight films. Where is Brolo when you need him? I need to see his "Boom-dizzle" films again LMAO
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #725
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
My god how could we have forgotten!?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #726
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Just because I am not actively discussing doesn't mean I have forgotten a damn thing.

And I write too!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #727
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I have my doubts they'd make it to the EFC, but if they do its gonna be great to send them home crying again.

Our fire extinguishers are waiting.

My playoff bracket predictions to come soon....
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #728
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I have my doubts they'd make it to the EFC, but if they do its gonna be great to send them home crying again.

Our fire extinguishers are waiting.

My playoff bracket predictions to come soon....
Who knows? Next time the idiot may try to headbutt the extinguisher, miss his target and lose an eye. God bless stupid people like Amar'e
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #729
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Good thing he won't be suiting up for us at least through the first round.

xquizitditz
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #730
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Is amare even going to be back in time for the playoffs if at all?

He had knee surgery like late march and out for 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #731
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Good thing he won't be suiting up for us at least through the first round.
Hang it up… With what just happened in Boston, the Celtics are taking the Heat to 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals and it doesn’t matter who the Knicks suit up. The NBA is rigged, and the fact that the Lakers somehow eked a 7 seed proves it.

And I write too!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #732
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
You know...

I have to admit hearing the announcers say something like this during a Boston game "After what this city has gone through, it's nice to see something positive happening in Boston." doesn't sound too farfetched.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #733
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
You know...

I have to admit hearing the announcers say something like this during a Boston game "After what this city has gone through, it's nice to see something positive happening in Boston." doesn't sound too farfetched.
I think there's a point where one hates a team so much that they will never acknowledge how good the team really is. I'll be the first to admit I'm like this with the Heat, and a lot of you guys are like that with the Knicks. I just can't see the Celtics beating the Knicks. Celtics are old and have no Rondo, while the Knicks got this years scoring champ, 6th man of the year, and a solid squad overall.

In other news...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-in-six-games/

Reasoning is that they have nothing to loose.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #734
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hang it up… With what just happened in Boston, the Celtics are taking the Heat to 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals and it doesn’t matter who the Knicks suit up. The NBA is rigged, and the fact that the Lakers somehow eked a 7 seed proves it.
Conspiracy theories aside, in sports in general teams tend to rally when fighting for what they believe to be a greater cause like the death of a loved one and such.

Also, I believe that Boston is hiding their strength and will kick it up a higher notch. They are always one of those teams who don't care what seed they enter at. So they did enough to clinch a spot while resting their players.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #735
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Bulls getting blown the fuck out! lol

Nets have a VERY nice squad. I like that team, their coach has definitely maximized that teams potential and is using the available talent very well.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #736
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
I just love how Rose fucked over the whole Bulls organization. Dude should a been back for the playoffs.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #737
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
I just love how Rose fucked over the whole Bulls organization. Dude should a been back for the playoffs.
You can't be serious? Why risk it? Its not like the rest of the team is healthy or at a level where they can compete for the EFC even with him this season. Better he comes back at 100% and not cause him to have lingering issues. He's young and by maintaining himself he will insure a long career. His playing style is one he needs to be fully recovered.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #738
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You can't be serious? Why risk it? Its not like the rest of the team is healthy or at a level where they can compete for the EFC even with him this season. Better he comes back at 100% and not cause him to have lingering issues.
Risk what? The dude's been healthy for weeks. He said himself, until he can dunk off his injured leg then he will considered himself healthy. He's done that in the pregame against the pistons. Honestly, I don't like the Bulls so I could care less, all my friends however, plus everyone else here in Chicago is pretty pissed that he hasn't come back yet. Some dude even sued Rose for emotional distress.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #739
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Risk what? The dude's been healthy for weeks. He said himself, until he can dunk off his injured leg then he will considered himself healthy. He's done that in the pregame against the pistons. Honestly, I don't like the Bulls so I could care less, all my friends however, plus everyone else here in Chicago is pretty pissed that he hasn't come back yet. Some dude even sued Rose for emotional distress.
Risk further injury/reinjuring himself. You cant compare practice or pre-season to real in game play, much less playoff play ESPECIALLY with Rose's playing style. On top of that he's always seemed to be fragile and made of glass, he doesn't strike me as a quick healer and I wouldn't doubt he's still not back to full health.

lol @ suing for emotional distress.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #740
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Nets have a VERY nice squad. I like that team, their coach has definitely maximized that teams potential and is using the available talent very well.
They SHOULD have a very nice squad after the owner broke bank to form that team. Coming into the season, I think everyone was expecting the Nets to be contending in the East. (I had them second to the Heat at the very least). Please don't make the Nets sound like they are underdogs or something. The coaches and players don't deserve excuses.

This team has definitely underachieved in the regular season and I know the owner is pretty disappointed. I'm not expecting them to win the championship or anything, but let's see if they can do well in the playoffs and redeem themselves a little bit.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #741
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
They SHOULD have a very nice squad after the owner broke bank to form that team. Coming into the season, I think everyone was expecting the Nets to be contending in the East. (I had them second to the Heat at the very least). Please don't make the Nets sound like they are underdogs or something. The coaches and players don't deserve excuses.

This team has definitely underachieved in the regular season and I know the owner is pretty disappointed. I'm not expecting them to win the championship or anything, but let's see if they can do well in the playoffs and redeem themselves a little bit.
They kind of remind me of the 2011 Mavs
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #742
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:

No, I'm saying it from a coaching standpoint not from a talent standpoint.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #743
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
all my friends however, plus everyone else here in Chicago is pretty pissed that he hasn't come back yet. Some dude even sued Rose for emotional distress.
Ownership wasn't expecting anything this season anyways and pretty much signed rental players. It was already wishy-washy if Rose was even going to come back late this season.

The fact that this Bulls team did so well without Rose is great for them.

It's not like they are going to win the championship if he plays. Bulls are first or 2nd round fodder anyways. I don't know why Chicago fans rather have him back instead of letting him rest and rehab more to be 100% next season.

Quote:

lol @ suing for emotional distress.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #744
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So what you're saying with this is that your friends in Chicago are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to cheer for a professional basketball team?... Yeah, I thought that's what you meant....

You can't just ask a guy that has not played 1 second of full speed basketball in over a year to just suck it up and play. This isn't a video game, you can't just put him in the roster and instantly win the championship. To begin with the team has zero chemistry with D-Rose so everything is going to be mistimed. People are going to have to learn where to stand because D-Rose's play style in unlike any other player on that roster. D-Rose isn't in full speed basketball shape let alone NBA Playoff basketball shape so his defense which wasn't very good to begin with is going to be horrid while he tries to get in shape on the fly. Most importantly an injury like this takes a minimum of 2 yrs until the player is 100% mostly because of the mental aspect. This means that people won't be seeing D-Rose charge into the paint and taking the many hits he takes while in there. He would be taking far more jump shots than anyone would like (he was never a good jump shooter to begin with) so the Bulls will still lose. Lets face it, the Bulls are an ECF team at best so whats the rush to bring the dude back before HE feels he's ready? So Bulls fans have someone else to blame for no championship? All of Chicago needs to learn how to be objective, it makes them look real stupid to be angry at the guy for doing what's best for his career and ultimately the franchise...

No wait... suing D-Rose for emotional distress is pretty derp derp as it is so nevermind carry on Bulls fans....
Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #745
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So what you're saying with this is that your friends in Chicago are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to cheer for a professional basketball team?... Yeah, I thought that's what you meant....

You can't just ask a guy that has not played 1 second of full speed basketball in over a year to just suck it up and play. This isn't a video game, you can't just put him in the roster and instantly win the championship. To begin with the team has zero chemistry with D-Rose so everything is going to be mistimed. People are going to have to learn where to stand because D-Rose's play style in unlike any other player on that roster. D-Rose isn't in full speed basketball shape let alone NBA Playoff basketball shape so his defense which wasn't very good to begin with is going to be horrid while he tries to get in shape on the fly. Most importantly an injury like this takes a minimum of 2 yrs until the player is 100% mostly because of the mental aspect. This means that people won't be seeing D-Rose charge into the paint and taking the many hits he takes while in there. He would be taking far more jump shots than anyone would like (he was never a good jump shooter to begin with) so the Bulls will still lose. Lets face it, the Bulls are an ECF team at best so whats the rush to bring the dude back before HE feels he's ready? So Bulls fans have someone else to blame for no championship? All of Chicago needs to learn how to be objective, it makes them look real stupid to be angry at the guy for doing what's best for his career and ultimately the franchise...

No wait... suing D-Rose for emotional distress is pretty derp derp as it is so nevermind carry on Bulls fans....
Relax .
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #746
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
If Celtics really end up taking the Heat to game 7 in the ECF, I'll be a bit shocked. Not discounting them entirely, but I don't see a repeat of last year.

Quote:
Relax .

Old 04-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #747
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
If Celtics really end up taking the Heat to game 7 in the ECF, I'll be a bit shocked. Not discounting them entirely, but I don't see a repeat of last year.
It was pretty bad for them yesterday, but for some reason, I just can't discount the Celtics, even without Rondo. Even though their depth is sucks, Jeff Green has stepped it up a bit to be that 2nd scoring option (or 3d depending on if they want more shots going through KG) and I think the old vets like Pierce, KG, and Jet will not go down easy. As for the other guys (Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, Brandon Brass, and Jordan Crawford) I don't expect much, but if one or two of those guys can do anything maybe they have a series.

This team is WAY weaker than last year heading into the playoffs, but I can see them giving the Knicks a run for their money. It also just happens that they don't have to face the Heat in the 2nd round due to the playoff bracket positioning, so if they advance, I think it is conceivable they can take down the ATL or IND if they can take down NY.

Now going to 7 games against the Heat? I don't know about that. Heat are on a whole other level than NY, IND, ATL, or any other team in the east. It would take the Heat taking a game or two off, a lot of bad calls, some help from the refs, an injury to LBJ, Kim Jong Un losing 100lbs without surgery, and a lot of luck by the Celtics.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #748
Gnnr
Post Whore!

5 double digit blowouts in the opening weekend and counting...
Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #749
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
5 double digit blowouts in the opening weekend and counting...
Ya was a rough game 1 for the lake show. Hoping for a stronger turnout, but hope is fading.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #750
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Sources: Cavs contact Mike Brown about job
They know how this story ends, right?

And I write too!
Closed Thread