Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #7561
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRonTom31 View Post
I think it pretty damn important for people to post the corect wheel specs and wether or not they are with spacers and such.

Alot of people do a lot of internet desktop warrior fitment calculation before buying wheels from this thread. A few mm's can make a big difference
edit: i'm not going to bother. if anyone else wants to question the legitimacy of wheels or argue about mm's please PM me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Nathong needs more lower in front but looking good.
i dont really like a raked look and i enjoy the front clearance so far while steering

and a picture of jacked fitment.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #7562
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Whatever, you've got VS-KFs, I suppose I should worship you instead of questioning your uber fitment

Preach it buddy.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #7563
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OK, Logan said that the VS-KF is indeed a 3 piece wheel.

Fine.

But the inner and outer barrels are welded together, then the face disk is bolted on.

So...

You can't just go around and get different inner and outter barrels and just bolt everything together like an Equip.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #7564
Logan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Logan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Logan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
usdm180sx - VS-KFs' disks are welded on from what I was told, thus you can't just swap barrels or lips on them.
Quote:
VS-KF is a 3 piece wheel. It is not welded together
VS-KF is a 3 piece wheel

The wheel is partially welded

The inner and outer barrel is welded together, and then the face is bolted to that

The disk (face) is not welded

But yes, you cannot swap lips on a VS-KF in the same fashion as a VS-XX for example because of the welded barrel (WORK Japan will not sell replacement barrels for the VS-KF, but will sell replacement barrels for VS-XX, Meister 3P, etc)

On the VS-XX it is bolted together without welding due to the amount of bolts used to secure the 3 pieces together

On the VS-KF you will notice that there are less bolts used, thus the reasoning for having the welded inner and outer barrel (there are also reverse bolts behind the spokes)

If anyone has specific questions regarding WORK Wheels let me know so I can clarify and make sure the proper information is out there
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #7565
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRonTom31 View Post
I think it pretty damn important for people to post the corect wheel specs and wether or not they are with spacers and such.

Alot of people do a lot of internet desktop warrior fitment calculation before buying wheels from this thread. A few mm's can make a big difference
Quote:
VS-KF is a 3 piece wheel. It is not welded together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
VS-KF is a 3 piece wheel

The inner and outer barrel is welded together, and then the face is bolted to that

But yes, you cannot swap lips on a VS-KF in the same fashion as a VS-XX for example because of the welded barrel (WORK Japan will not sell replacement barrels for the VS-KF, but will sell replacement barrels for VS-XX, Meister 3P, etc)

On the VS-XX it is bolted together without welding due to the amount of bolts used to secure the 3 pieces together

On the VS-KF you will notice that there are less bolts used, thus the reasoning for having the welded inner and outer barrel (there are also reverse bolts behind the spokes)

If anyone has specific questions regarding WORK Wheels let me know so I can clarify and make sure the proper information is out there
wow u beat me to it w/ all the fukin details^^ entirely true, i own a set(buy them!!)

nathon i agree w/ u on the raked and "turnability" bit but u should slam that shit for a bit, and take some pics......ur car is teh sex changed my entire opinion of zenkis!

and posting EXACT offsets and spacers is important cuz thats the entire point of this thread...

rules...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #7566
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Zilvia Junkie

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
VS-KF is a 3 piece wheel

really??? not to doubt you or anything but i thought all work wheels were just siliconed together and ssrs were welded??? i dunno from the meisters and equips(18in 01s, and 15in 03s) i took apart, they were just held together by silicone. had to find that out the hard way when i unbolted the face of one of my meisters with air still in the tire.

only rims i personally seen welded together were the older ssr mesh, dori mesh, super fins, 15/16in sp1r(not too sure about larger sp1 professors though), mk1, mk2, mk3, and longchamps. even my epsilon meshes were only held together by silicone. theres probably a bunch more but those are the only ones ive taken apart.
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #7567
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Nathong needs more lower in front but looking good.
Brilliant idea!!

Do it homey! lol
Old 12-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #7568
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj View Post
really??? not to doubt you or anything but i thought all work wheels were just siliconed together and ssrs were welded??? i dunno from the meisters and equips(18in 01s, and 15in 03s) i took apart, they were just held together by silicone. had to find that out the hard way when i unbolted the face of one of my meisters with air still in the tire.

only rims i personally seen welded together were the older ssr mesh, dori mesh, super fins, 15/16in sp1r(not too sure about larger sp1 professors though), mk1, mk2, mk3, and longchamps. even my epsilon meshes were only held together by silicone. theres probably a bunch more but those are the only ones ive taken apart.
Logan works for Work Wheels USA.

I'd take his word.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #7569
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Brilliant idea!!

Do it homey! lol
start the "lower your front moar, nathanong87" faceboook group! and once membership hits 10 i'll take pictures!

Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #7570
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car

FN01RC 17x10 +12 rear with a 20 mil spacer

FN01RC 17x10 +12 front with a 5 mil spacer

On pbm coils as low as they go!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #7571
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Really, that's the lowest?

I'm disappointed. I thought PBM gave the ability to FRAME the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #7572
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Maybe hes got collars in there still? Who knows but I was wanting to get PBM coils to go stupid low but if thats all I get then thats saddening.

Car look soooo sick though.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #7573
nismo racer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
nismo racer is making a name for him/her selfnismo racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Did you even flip the fronts mount body?

PEGASUS
nismo racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #7574
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post

way to be a man bro. i hate it when people run the nasty flat face 9s up front.

not really feeling the time attack color scheme but still cool!
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #7575
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by worangejuice View Post
The gods have spoken

what type of wheels?
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #7576
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post
Maybe hes got collars in there still? Who knows but I was wanting to get PBM coils to go stupid low but if thats all I get then thats saddening.

Car look soooo sick though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo racer View Post
Did you even flip the fronts mount body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms!3 View Post
way to be a man bro. i hate it when people run the nasty flat face 9s up front.

not really feeling the time attack color scheme but still cool!
Thanks for the comment!!!

collars off bracket flipped and dumped on the floor...I kind of want the pbm lowering springs!!!

And the tire size is 215-40-17 all around btw...

Forgot to add once the motor is finished im painting it all white with a black roof!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #7577
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn dude, same wheel setup I am running on my car except in bronze. Car looks sick, you make me want to add spacers.
JRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #7578
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
what type of wheels?
Work Emotion XT7

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #7579
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post

PBM sells shorter springs.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #7580
sb253
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sb253
old pic:

17x9 +0
235/40
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 AM   #7581
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
240sxdriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #7582
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I Love this car...
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #7583
180boi

180boi is an unknown quantity at this point
has anyone got pics of 17x9.5 +17 with 5mm spacers under metal on a 180sx front fenders? want to run like 255/35 etc and im trying to find pics for my panel beater.
180boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #7584
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180boi View Post
has anyone got pics of 17x9.5 +17 with 5mm spacers under metal on a 180sx front fenders? want to run like 255/35 etc and im trying to find pics for my panel beater.
There are plenty of fitments of 17x9.5 +15 on here. +12 is just another 3mm, which is almost imperceptible on your computer monitor.

However, to try and fit 255/35s on the front with those wheels and stock front fenders... will not happen. Unless you ran like -7* of camber, or are 4x4 ride height.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #7585
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Lol 255/35? Go ask the idiots in the max tire thread about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #7586
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i hope he meant 225...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #7587
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Quote:

On pbm coils as low as they go!!
WHY DEVAN?!?!?! What happened to the Enkies?

Same car before I sold it to him.

Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #7588
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^

FN's > those things

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #7589
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
yea.

looks WAY better now.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #7590
180boi

180boi is an unknown quantity at this point
ive currently got 225/45 which looks ok. but im sick of not getting any grip. i want proper tyres for a change. i could even go 275 lol but might be a bit excessive. id run like 2-3 degrees of camber and as low as possible, so if anyone can hook me up with some pics of front 180sx fenders flared. the stock metal ones. thatd be tops.
180boi is offline   Reply With Quote