Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #7651
pulsar

Trader Rating: (0)
pulsar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I sent a private message to Konster, but I will share the seat belt conversion I did here as well in case anyone inquires about it.

I ordered a 3 point retractable external mount seat belt from an american seller on ebay who shipped them very quickly (cost about $30 bucks). It's important to mount the seat belt retractor unit perfectly level so they lock up correctly when tugged on and release normally. I used the factory threaded holes on the sidewall just below the front of the rear seat area (match the thread bolts by using the seat belt buckle bolt in the rear seat). Your also going to need to get some of the same bolts with two locking nuts and several washers for the upper mounting area. I drilled holes in that upper support for the prior belts support on the frame and used the washers as spacers to allow the belt to swivel. Use two lock nuts on the bolt through the upper area to ensure they are secure and don't ever come loose. (have to remove the plastics from the rear of the car to access them) I tack welded the one nut to the bolt so mine will never come loose. The external belt retracting unit should fit under the lower carpet with only a slight bulge. One of the most important steps was actually using a heat gun to heat up the rear vert plastics where the belts comes up and bent them in about a quarter of an inch with a 2"x4" to not burn your hand so that the belt slides without any interference. They work well and the only gripe with them is that it's technically lower then your shoulder so they slide down the side of your arm from time to time. It's better then cutting up your rear plastics and only requires one hole to be drilled on each side and they are also new belts that come with buckles instead of old sloppy belt buckles.

The guy I ordered the belts from sells them as army surplus I believe and they seem to be pretty good quality so far.
ebay seller

pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #7652
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Sent the beat up steering wheel that came on my Kouki S14 front clip out to get refinished. I had perforated leather added to the 9 & 3 o'clock positions and orange stitching, basically to match my G35 steering wheel. Happy with the results.

Before:

LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #7653
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Sent the beat up steering wheel that came on my Kouki S14 front clip out to get refinished. I had perforated leather added to the 9 & 3 o'clock positions and orange stitching, basically to match my G35 steering wheel. Happy with the results.

Looks awesome. What that set you back?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #7654
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Looks awesome. What that set you back?
About $200 plus shipping both ways.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #7655
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar View Post
I sent a private message to Konster, but I will share the seat belt conversion I did here as well in case anyone inquires about it.

I ordered a 3 point retractable external mount seat belt from an american seller on ebay who shipped them very quickly (cost about $30 bucks). It's important to mount the seat belt retractor unit perfectly level so they lock up correctly when tugged on and release normally. I used the factory threaded holes on the sidewall just below the front of the rear seat area (match the thread bolts by using the seat belt buckle bolt in the rear seat). Your also going to need to get some of the same bolts with two locking nuts and several washers for the upper mounting area. I drilled holes in that upper support for the prior belts support on the frame and used the washers as spacers to allow the belt to swivel. Use two lock nuts on the bolt through the upper area to ensure they are secure and don't ever come loose. (have to remove the plastics from the rear of the car to access them) I tack welded the one nut to the bolt so mine will never come loose. The external belt retracting unit should fit under the lower carpet with only a slight bulge. One of the most important steps was actually using a heat gun to heat up the rear vert plastics where the belts comes up and bent them in about a quarter of an inch with a 2"x4" to not burn your hand so that the belt slides without any interference. They work well and the only gripe with them is that it's technically lower then your shoulder so they slide down the side of your arm from time to time. It's better then cutting up your rear plastics and only requires one hole to be drilled on each side and they are also new belts that come with buckles instead of old sloppy belt buckles.

The guy I ordered the belts from sells them as army surplus I believe and they seem to be pretty good quality so far.
ebay seller
This is awesome, thank you! Would you mind posting a clearer more detailed image of the retractor installation? That seems to be the biggest hangup for us vert owners!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #7656
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post

That looks great. Who did that for you?
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #7657
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
That looks great. Who did that for you?
I was referred to a guy out in Texas. His website is pretty basic, but is quick to reply and make sure you get what you want. http://leathersteeringwheelwraps.com
Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 AM   #7658
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Asking for people's opinions here.

This is my interior-

(stock seat going away soon, Kouki 180SX seat waiting in the garage)

Red and black floor mats, red door card inserts (gonna redo them), red car.
Blue pattern insert on my Grex knob, blue drift button.

Should I put in the red Grex pattern insert and get a red drift button as well?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #7659
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Beautiful...

Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #7660
omgosh
Zilvia Member

omgosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Another take on S13 vert seatbelts...

Old 07-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #7661
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Red and black floor mats, red door card inserts (gonna redo them), red car.
Blue pattern insert on my Grex knob, blue drift button.

Should I put in the red Grex pattern insert and get a red drift button as well?
I mean if you're into that ricey Japanese fanboy look then yeah, go with all red. And while you're at it, find a replica of the Nismo cigarette lighter.

Find yourself some red bride fabric and go crazy on your door cards, glove box, center console, rear arm rests, hatch carpet etc.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #7662
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self

Just made offset brackets to move my seat 3" further forward. Yay short life!

So far:
Zeta 3
Nardi classic
Gator concave mirror
180sx radio
Some checkered floor mats
Nismo knob
S14 passenger seat

Still waiting to put my digital climate control in
Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #7663
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I mean if you're into that ricey Japanese fanboy look then yeah, go with all red. And while you're at it, find a replica of the Nismo cigarette lighter.

Find yourself some red bride fabric and go crazy on your door cards, glove box, center console, rear arm rests, hatch carpet etc.
That ricey Japanese fanboy look >

Old 07-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #7664
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTanCeZ View Post
That ricey Japanese fanboy look >

I'm confused. Do you say this as if it is a bad thing? But then have a link at the bottom of your sig to a Japanese website? I think slot of things are played out and redundant and done without taste, but whatever makes people happy/like their car more.

To me execution is the most important, other things after that are determined by $$$$$ and availability and taste.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #7665
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTanCeZ View Post
Meh, not really my cup of tea. I don't think I liked Damon's interior or the interior he copied. I'd rather have a mint brown (with beige/tan accents) stock interior than something as far out as that.

I can see the appeal in wanting your interior like this though.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #7666
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I'm confused. Do you say this as if it is a bad thing? But then have a link at the bottom of your sig to a Japanese website? I think slot of things are played out and redundant and done without taste, but whatever makes people happy/like their car more.

To me execution is the most important, other things after that are determined by $$$$$ and availability and taste.
No, that's my favorite interior. I guess I'm a Japanese fanboy.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #7667
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self

Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #7668
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #7669
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection

Old 07-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #7670
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Holy glare, Batman!

Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #7671
Bushido
Post Whore!

Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #7672
NotLowEnough
Zilvia Member

NotLowEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
^Yessir! Just saved that picture, and am working on making that my reality. Just stripped all my sound insulation out Woot!
NotLowEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #7673
NotLowEnough
Zilvia Member

NotLowEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
NotLowEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #7674
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
if race car.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #7675
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
keeping it simple in my kouki.

Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #7676
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Is the passenger seat the stock leather unit? Looks good.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #7677
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
This is the interior thread

Can someone please post pics of their flocked dash. I'm interested into doing this, been through three dashboards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #7678
Bushido
Post Whore!

waxball88 has a flocked dash
Old 07-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #7679
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Over two years old, neglected, redoing interior.

Lessus Dash i did

No pics of other s chassis ive done
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #7680
jaxshawn
Zilvia Member

jaxshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that flocked?
jaxshawn is offline   Reply With Quote