Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #7681
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
so as long as it looks cool.
This is pretty much the bottom line with any of the above.

Content, fresh from the local FB:

Old 11-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #7682
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Which side are the stickers supposed to be mirrored on? I am trying to put some Jimmy Up stickers on my doors. On the Japanese cars they are mirrored on the right side, but I am not sure if the rules are reversed for LHD cars. Can one of you please consult your Skyline GTR factory manual?
Also, should the HIDE YOUR DAUGHTERS & GOLDFISH sticker on my rear window be mirrored vertically, to yin-yang with the one on my windshield, or is Yin Yang a Chinese thing?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #7683
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Which side are the stickers supposed to be mirrored on? I am trying to put some Jimmy Up stickers on my doors. On the Japanese cars they are mirrored on the right side, but I am not sure if the rules are reversed for LHD cars. Can one of you please consult your Skyline GTR factory manual?
Also, should the HIDE YOUR DAUGHTERS & GOLDFISH sticker on my rear window be mirrored vertically, to yin-yang with the one on my windshield, or is Yin Yang a Chinese thing?
Correct
Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #7684
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by matej View Post
which side are the stickers supposed to be mirrored on? I am trying to put some jimmy up stickers on my doors. On the japanese cars they are mirrored on the right side, but i am not sure if the rules are reversed for lhd cars. Can one of you please consult your skyline gtr factory manual?
Also, should the hide your daughters & goldfish sticker on my rear window be mirrored vertically, to yin-yang with the one on my windshield, or is yin yang a chinese thing?
!!yeliM tI krewT
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #7685
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Like wut?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5321933036.html

There's more...

zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #7686
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Legit, JDM RARE two-tones don't belong here. That color combo is the rarest of them all.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #7687
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
who else is in for a group buy on a bunch of "hide your daughters and goldfish" banners?
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #7688
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
"DOT legal"
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #7689
Aesthetics45
Leaky Injector

Aesthetics45 is an unknown quantity at this point
^lol I was thinking of posting that.
Aesthetics45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #7690
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #7691
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
This was actually me in 2007
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #7692
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Cars are cool but they are not THAT cool. Good Lord get a girlfriend. These dudes are muppets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcsDjCy5Kes
have any of these guys ever gotten laid before? have they done anything other than read through japanese car magazines? fucking nerds.

FUCKING _ NERDS

anyway, i would like to celebrate by posting a george goes drifting vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7od0y_rxXY

i am starting to really like this kid. he's growing up. he's got his hoonigan gear and no drivers license. slowly but surely, he will turn into the young adult that will fit the zilvia user criteria perfectly.

why isnt george on this forum. he NEEDS to be here.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #7693
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Old 11-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #7694
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

anyway, i would like to celebrate by posting a george goes drifting vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7od0y_rxXY

i am starting to really like this kid. he's growing up. he's got his hoonigan gear and no drivers license. slowly but surely, he will turn into the young adult that will fit the zilvia user criteria perfectly.

why isnt george on this forum. he NEEDS to be here.
Yeah in a way compared to how an Adult would do things he is doing it wrong but honestly I like the kids thinking. He at least is smart enough to know why he killed his clutch, and that he is going to kill it again. Sure installing a shitty clutch for one event to kill it because you can't properly break it in is stupid but he's at least still got the balls to admit it and get back out there again
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #7695
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #7696
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS BZNS View Post
Yeah in a way compared to how an Adult would do things he is doing it wrong but honestly I like the kids thinking. He at least is smart enough to know why he killed his clutch, and that he is going to kill it again. Sure installing a shitty clutch for one event to kill it because you can't properly break it in is stupid but he's at least still got the balls to admit it and get back out there again
he killed his clutch because he did it wrong. he is going to kill his clutch again because he is doing it wrong.

the work he is doing to his car is doing it wrong. if he spent more time on "general maintenance" and less time on being an idiot, he wouldnt be doing it wrong.

just saying
Old 11-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #7697
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

If it wasn't for fuckin steelies and all that ratchet shit that kid would have an acceptable daily when he reaches 16.

Thats some shit man, who the hell taught him how to drive stick ? If my father had seen that clutch he would have disowned me and sold me to a human trafficking ring like the little bitch I would be
Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #7698
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I peeped the video and laughed at first with the hoonigan and how young he was and stuff. And fucking up the clutch and ebay radiator, then he tells us how he's going to get an ebay clutch and not break it in.

I clicked the channel and skimmed through a few other videos.

Even though he is doing some things wrong, I will give him some credit. Seems like he has some mechanical ability at such a young age, and I doubt he's going on his local 240 group asking "how 2 install coliovers? someone please insert step by step images so i know" looks like he is probably doing his research/FSM and just figuring it out. He's working in his driveway/garage and actually turning wrenches. And going out and driving his car and getting seat time. Shit thats more than some adults I know can say, and this kid is like what 15? He's young and inexperienced in some areas, but he'll learn to buy the right parts and do things right the first time.

I agree I don't like a build full of: isis coilovers, ebay clutches, ebay radiators etc. etc. But he's young and broke/dumb so he's making due with what he has. After a few months and those coilovers snap in half on a 2 inch dip in the road, and his pressure plate snaps into 2 pieces from those violent KA clutch kicks, he will probably realize it'd be better to spend a little more money and get quality parts so he doesnt have to go back and redo work.
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #7699
ZachManners
Leaky Injector

ZachManners is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
Recently saw this on FB:

Pretty sure thats in Orlando, FL.
ZachManners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #7700
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post
looks like he is probably doing his research/FSM and just figuring it out. He's working in his driveway/garage and actually turning wrenches. And going out and driving his car and getting seat
you cant knock the kid for trying, but he sure is making some poor decisions along the way. the way i see it, he could spend his time trying to make the car better: repair whats old and worn, clean the car up, install oem or better parts, and rather than "go drifting" go to an autocross and learn how to drive. of course thats just my perspective on these things, he's free to do whatever he pleases. but it looks like he could do much better off if he had someone to mentor and guide him in the right direction. the hoonigan stickers and bullshit parts are just a step in the wrong direction.

step 1, he needs a drivers license. then he should focus on breaking in clutches, brakes, etc.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #7701
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
plate reads "ucdaice" FL you still got it, well done.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #7702
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Hopefully his nuggs decend before the next video. My cat was going nuts from the high pitched speaky spokey.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #7703
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sure installing a shitty clutch for one event to kill it because you can't properly break it in is stupid but he's at least still got the balls to admit it and get back out there again
Every clutch I have ever "broke in" involved putting the car on the ground and going out and beating the shit out of it. . . . .
Never have had any premature clutch failures. Dont be a fucking pussy.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #7704
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
... isis coilovers... After a few months and those coilovers snap in half on a 2 inch dip in the road... he will probably realize it'd be better to spend a little more money and get quality parts so he doesnt have to go back and redo work.
Just out of curiosity where are you getting your info from? Personal experience? Not that ISIS or now ISR coils are the best in the business, I personally wouldn't run them, but I know quite a few people that run them on daily drivers and track cars that have said they're pretty good for the money. They have never experienced any of those things that you are describing.

Either way I do feel like that kid if steered right with the right influence could end up doing some cool stuff in the future. After all everyone does dumb shit to their car when they are young, then they learn and get better at doing it right
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #7705
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
Just out of curiosity where are you getting your info from? Personal experience? Not that ISIS or now ISR coils are the best in the business, I personally wouldn't run them, but I know quite a few people that run them on daily drivers and track cars that have said they're pretty good for the money. They have never experienced any of those things that you are describing.

Either way I do feel like that kid if steered right with the right influence could end up doing some cool stuff in the future. After all everyone does dumb shit to their car when they are young, then they learn and get better at doing it right

Kids these days, d.i.y dont torque or properly tighten bolts etc and blame companies for there stupidity.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #7706
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
it's just a joke dude lol. I'm sure his coilovers will last him a few years and his radiator will work just fine, and his clutch will hopefully be fine too. I'm sure the isis pro coilovers are ok for the money if they are anything like their pro arms, the pro arms are way better than the regular shit they make.

I just don't want subpar companies to be glorified. You can source a used set of cusco's or stance/pbm for the same price as a new set of isis coilovers. I'd rather have quality name parts on my car. Even if that means buying used over new to fit my budget. That's just me though. Can't comment on the isis coilovers cause I most likely won't ever own a set
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #7707
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Every clutch I have ever "broke in" involved putting the car on the ground and going out and beating the shit out of it. . . . .
Never have had any premature clutch failures. Dont be a fucking pussy.
every clutch i've ever put in was the night before a drift event. never had an issue.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #7708
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
it's just a joke dude lol. I'm sure his coilovers will last him a few years and his radiator will work just fine, and his clutch will hopefully be fine too. I'm sure the isis pro coilovers are ok for the money if they are anything like their pro arms, the pro arms are way better than the regular shit they make.

I just don't want subpar companies to be glorified. You can source a used set of cusco's or stance/pbm for the same price as a new set of isis coilovers. I'd rather have quality name parts on my car. Even if that means buying used over new to fit my budget. That's just me though. Can't comment on the isis coilovers cause I most likely won't ever own a set
Yeah I definitely agree with you, which is why I tend to have issues with companies like megan, cx racing, or godspeed. But I gotta be honest ISR seems to be like infinitely better than the megan shit was and godspeed is. I knew dudes back in the day that ran brand new megan tie rods and snapped em first event with them on. ISR seems to be sturdy from what I can tell. Not like I'm gonna pull my JIC stuff to run it or anything lol but for some 16 yo drifter grom getting into the sport? Screw it, go for it little dude
Namaste mother f**ker

Last edited by TougeSR20Kid; 11-19-2015 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: like a dumbass I forgot to finish my thoughts
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #7709
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
every clutch i've ever put in was the night before a drift event. never had an issue.
this
Old 11-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #7710
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote