Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #751
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
huh? i'm confused.

by computer do u mean ECU/EMS computer?

if so, why would you need it professionally installed?
Yes I mean ECU and if I wait until i am back to the United states I will delay the computer until the very last minute and go with something along the lines of a Motec M800 with CDI-8 and possibly an ADL. Installing is no problem nor is tuning but a professional install and tune generally take less time and render better results when dealing with a product like Motec.

Furthermore, I am not only going to be using the ECU functions if I use that computer. I will most likley get some potentiomenters and some other sensors installed in order to datalog suspension travel, yaw, lateral G, etc. in order to use it to its full potential by using it as a tool to help improve the cars performance all around. When going to that level, there are alot more variables involved with installation than I will have time to deal with since my work schedule will change dramatically when i get to the States.

I am not a ceritifed Motec guy, so using one would probably be beneficial when you are talking about a computer system that costs about 15K after all of the sensors, enables and equipment.

However, my mind is not made up on this part of the car at this point. I will approach it when the time comes and see what I have in the budget at that time. For now, my focus is on rolling chasis, shipping, storage and ultimately finding a job outside of the Corps.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #752
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
When you get back to the states, are you going to make it a track car, or find an old SX vin and get it registered as so?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #753
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
^^^ Do you honestly think he would post that on the internet?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #754
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^point, I've seen other people do it so I asked.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #755
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude, he's government, he can get the car over here and registered.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #756
Future240
Future Moderator

I knew he was military, but I didnt think it would be that simple
Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #757
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Imported cars can get registered. Brian's I HIGHLY doubt can with all of the modifications done to it, but its not like it really matters anyway.

By the way Brian, since you aren't planning on working on your car for a while, how about more baller spec for me?

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #758
Future240
Future Moderator

^ I thought that since his is a grey import it was hella hard?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #759
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Grey import?

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-31-2008, 12:00 AM   #760
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
If you have your dealers license its all good. My father has is and he can drive Grey scale vehicles all day with all kinds of mods and the police will not say jack shit.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 AM   #761
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
When you get back to the states, are you going to make it a track car, or find an old SX vin and get it registered as so?
I intend to do something within the law to get it registered as a collector/highly modified vehicle. I have to go through the process before I start talking like a pro on it, but I have talked NHTSA and EPA and it seems doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
^^^ Do you honestly think he would post that on the internet?
^^^ He is right - I sure as shit would not post something like that anywhere.

Quote:
^^point, I've seen other people do it so I asked.
Can't fault you for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Dude, he's government, he can get the car over here and registered.
Being government actually only helps with shipping if I have a registered importer contract. For this one, I am on my own.

Quote:
I knew he was military, but I didnt think it would be that simple
It isn't, just have the time to work through it

Quote:
Imported cars can get registered. Brian's I HIGHLY doubt can with all of the modifications done to it, but its not like it really matters anyway.

By the way Brian, since you aren't planning on working on your car for a while, how about more baller spec for me?
The modifications actually HELP my case, as far as getting you some "desired" parts, it should nto be a problem as I start to clear my schedule a bit.

Quote:
^ I thought that since his is a grey import it was hella hard?
It is not super hard but it is not easy either. More tedious than anythign though

Quote:
Grey import?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
If you have your dealers license its all good. My father has is and he can drive Grey scale vehicles all day with all kinds of mods and the police will not say jack shit.
I do not have a dealer tag, but I only intend on staying in the United States for 3 years anyways.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:14 AM   #762
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Grey import?
cars that are younger than 25 years old that come from other countries that werent imported here originally, or that dont have an american equal. Silvia's and fairladys have 240sx's(up to s14) and 350z's. Skylines have nothing therefore its a grey import.

you can import them here, but you have to make the meet emissions and safety standards. Which is a shit-ton of money
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #763
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Keep your eyes peeled for stupid wheels for me. If you can find those 18x12 -7 and 18x9/10 +5 to -15 I am all over those bitches, pairs or not. And of course any Altstadts let me know

By the way, what are you going to end up doing with the dash now?

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #764
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I thought when importing a car it depends on your individual state rather it can ever be recongized as a legal motor vehicle. Some states simply do not want any imported vehicles, like a zero tolerance thing....
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #765
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

thats why you register it in a state that allows it, and transfer the title back over to your state once it's USA-ised

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #766
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for stupid wheels for me. If you can find those 18x12 -7 and 18x9/10 +5 to -15 I am all over those bitches, pairs or not. And of course any Altstadts let me know

By the way, what are you going to end up doing with the dash now?
No Problem, I will go look around next weekend. As far as the dash goes, I going to finish it and get it powdered as planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
I thought when importing a car it depends on your individual state rather it can ever be recongized as a legal motor vehicle. Some states simply do not want any imported vehicles, like a zero tolerance thing....
Yeah some states are gay like that, but I am looking to get the federal government to bless off on it if possible. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WILL LEGALIZE AN S15. It simply means that instead of 1 year on a track/show car I will get 3 years than export it, which is exactly what I am looking to do.

Can we please move away from the import/export discussion as it really depends on alot of factors that can be answered with a little research and a couple of e-mails.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #767
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
hey did you ever get your rotora caliper refresh issue resolved?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #768
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
hey did you ever get your rotora caliper refresh issue resolved?

Sure did, Rotora is going to ship direct.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #769
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this car is a work of art

so much attention to detail, i wish i had as much patience
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #770
AWSneer
Leaky Injector

AWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enough
subscribed. I can't wait to see the outcome of this. Its like artwork on wheels. With a couple of "tiny turbos". magnificant.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #771
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

So I just looked at all of your pictures again.......I had to make a trip to the paint shop and I started pulling my control arms and subframes out

Oh yeah, if you can get me some 18/17x9.5/10 in an Altstadt, I'll run spacer's all day long. I did the spindle mod so I smack everything now

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 11-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #772
240knockout
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
240knockout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
sick build good luck
Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #773
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Sure did, Rotora is going to ship direct.
Awesome!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #774
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

I worked ont he switch panel for my car this weekend and got that read to interface with the main clumn and dash harness. I also worked on making the carboard templates for the rear seat delete and the new center console. However, my camera for some reason did not record the pictures of the rear seat delete so we will have to go ahead and just put pictures up when I got it mocked up.

Switch Panel Front View

Switch Panel Rear View

All nice and tamed

Now for the color codes:
Red = Power to switch
White = Signal out
Blue = power from one switch to activate second switch.
Dark Blue= Right Blinker
Yellow = Left Blinker
Green = High Beam
Tan = Low Beam

Although not pictured there are eight read wires terminated in two separate harnesses with a 4 pin connector at the end of each. THe signal out harnesses will get terminated in a similar fashion with a 6 pin terminal and 5 pin terminal respectively.

The Rear Seat delete will be sheet aluminum and will have a mount for the battery recessed into it behind the driver seat and a miscellaneous storage area recessed behind the passenger seat. I will post pictures of that shortly.

I got some other stuff sorted out as well, so this thing should be a rolling chasis in December time frame.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #775
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
looks nice. you should get some custom decals made indicating each switch's function with a cool design.

This thing is gonna be so crazy...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #776
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
What's your circuit look like for blinkers? Flashers for both right and left, or single flasher?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 11-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #777
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
What's your circuit look like for blinkers? Flashers for both right and left, or single flasher?
1 flasher for hazards and 1 for the turn signals
Old 11-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #778
TriniGT
Zilvia Addict

TriniGT is making a name for him/her selfTriniGT is making a name for him/her self
Good stuff. I am at the stripping process of my S14.5. Got some Paint Stripper and began the process. Almost got through the entire engine bay area yesterday. Gonna put the wire brush to it today and hopefully complete the entire engine bay. Next will be to do some rust proofing and then have my guy do some stitch welding on the entire car. Once done the car will be rubbed again and the areas rust proofed and also use anti-corrosive paint and finally epoxy primered. You project has inspired me to do the best I can with it.

I am going for sometihng like a Tein look though, URAS bodykit all white with Takata green trimming with some chrome (bling), matt black and some red to offset it. Hopefully it comes out half as decent as yours. Oh and also a tamed RB26 twin setup pushing somewhere in the vicinity of 650-700HP. Keep up the good work and your attention to detail on this build is the best I've seen on a global level.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #779
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniGT View Post
Good stuff. I am at the stripping process of my S14.5. Got some Paint Stripper and began the process. Almost got through the entire engine bay area yesterday. Gonna put the wire brush to it today and hopefully complete the entire engine bay. Next will be to do some rust proofing and then have my guy do some stitch welding on the entire car. Once done the car will be rubbed again and the areas rust proofed and also use anti-corrosive paint and finally epoxy primered. You project has inspired me to do the best I can with it.

I am going for sometihng like a Tein look though, URAS bodykit all white with Takata green trimming with some chrome (bling), matt black and some red to offset it. Hopefully it comes out half as decent as yours. Oh and also a tamed RB26 twin setup pushing somewhere in the vicinity of 650-700HP. Keep up the good work and your attention to detail on this build is the best I've seen on a global level.
Sunds exciting. Do you have a thread on it somewhere?? I am happy to hear that project has inspired a similar project. From the sounds of it, yours will be a beautiful car.

Thanks you for the compliments
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #780
TriniGT
Zilvia Addict

TriniGT is making a name for him/her selfTriniGT is making a name for him/her self
No project page yet but once I start getting the front in order I will throw up some pics. The stripping is somewhat a bother as on the first try it does not remove everything. I will need to run the wire brush to remove the smaller bits left over. I have purchased a new windscreen and quarter glasses and right now I am in the process of cleaning the dash bar to fit it and see how it fits. This is an S14 that I have done a full S15 conversion on. Yeah a lot of work and bracketing was done but with the help of getting a complete rear cut and roof and doors and some front pieces the job went well. The only reason I took on the job was because the S14 exterior was pretty banged up. Anyway I will create a new thread for this. Keep up the good work!!!
Closed Thread