Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #751
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
veilside is taking preorders on a New 300zx kit

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #752
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Those are really clean lines.

I'd love to see that car fully painted with better pictures.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #753
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i think that might possibly be the ONLY kit ive ever seen from Veilside that looks GOOD all the way around!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #754
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Anyone make similar high radius overs for S14 chassis?
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #755
marveluz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
marveluz will become famous soon enoughmarveluz will become famous soon enoughmarveluz will become famous soon enoughmarveluz will become famous soon enoughmarveluz will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlmdCpe View Post

Anyone make similar high radius overs for S14 chassis?

Those are actually custom radiused. Spirit Rei fenders are in line with the factory fenderwells. Their frs-like body line does allow you to radius and still look subtle.
marveluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #756
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by marveluz View Post
Those are actually custom radiused. Spirit Rei fenders are in line with the factory fenderwells. Their frs-like body line does allow you to radius and still look subtle.
Sweet, thanks!

This will look great once its painted and buttoned up.

Last edited by SlmdCpe; 09-16-2017 at 07:48 PM..
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #757
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Those are really clean lines.

I'd love to see that car fully painted with better pictures.
I said the same very pleasing lines and just feel of the kit can't wait for paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think that might possibly be the ONLY kit ive ever seen from Veilside that looks GOOD all the way around!!!
Im gonna go ahead and say this is turning out to be the best Z32 kit. So subtle but beautiful
Old 09-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #758
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Well well well... Look at Veilside bucking the Rocket Bunny trend.
It's subtle and tasteful but the only parts I really want are the front/rear bumper and maybe the side skirts.
Would rather wait for the PMZ-K vers 2 fenders though.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #759
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

^ although i am not a fan of the RB style Fenders those look really good on that Z
Old 09-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #760
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
^ although i am not a fan of the RB style Fenders those look really good on that Z
I agree, their version kit looks good from this angle.
But I'm not totally in love with how the front flares protrude so much.
I think they plan to smooth out that protrusion on their version 2 kit.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #761
simmode1
Post Whore!

Speaking of Z32's...
https://www.facebook.com/misha.proto...74121492607244
Old 09-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #762
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
really? That fugly z32 in this thread? What's happening to you guys....
Old 09-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #763
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
that's fucking terrible gtfo
Old 09-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #764
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
that's fucking terrible gtfo
They looked decent from that one side in that one photo. shoot me lol
Old 09-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #765
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
customer of mine submitted this to me today who has my TypeRH kit! he finally got his car painted... i needed a towel after seeing the pics! LOVE how period correct his car is!!!

Old 09-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #766
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not an s chassis but had to share ... when having just another lambo isn't good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #767
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That's super cool.

Is the S/C offset on the engine, or is the whole engine offset in the chassis?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #768
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
That's super cool.

Is the S/C offset on the engine, or is the whole engine offset in the chassis?

The supercharger is offset on the engine... fkn crazy man, this this is crazy torquey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:06 AM   #769
SlammedCarsUSA
Leaky Injector

SlammedCarsUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally love this car, and the color. Love the Wonder kit, never seen it before this car.

Instagram: SlammedCarsUSA
SlammedCarsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #770
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamangSorbetero View Post

Delicious oldschool.
  • No excessive paint jobs or aero.
  • No stupid hueg wheels and tires.
  • No extraneous suspension.
  • No V8 or 800-1000HP motors.
  • No tube or silhouette body.
  • No crap FRP parts.
  • No hydraulic handbrake or dual caliper rear brake setup.
  • No insane steering lock mods.
  • No ridiculous electronic metering systems, standalone management or ignition systems.
  • No racing-spec fueling system.

"Why has drifting turned into NASCAR?" is the argument time and time again

Why do people idolize a bunch of rich japanese dudes from the 90's who are drifting like a bunch of novice drivers?

Did you see that 32 GTR & E30 M3? It was wallet racing then, its still wallet racing now. I can guarantee that if those guys had access to the stuff that we have now, they'd install/run the same parts.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #771
2bar_silvia
Leaky Injector

2bar_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point

2bar_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #772
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Why do people idolize a bunch of rich japanese dudes from the 90's who are drifting like a bunch of novice drivers?

Did you see that 32 GTR & E30 M3? It was wallet racing then, its still wallet racing now. I can guarantee that if those guys had access to the stuff that we have now, they'd install/run the same parts.
youre young... thats why. youve come up in a VERY different culture of "drifting" and car modification. there are those of us who have 10+ years on you in this culture and honestly, modern day drifting is just ugly!

most of you younger guys dont realize that in early days of drifting, ANYONE could build a car and compete! and im not talking about little grassroots events, you could build a car to around 300-400hp and go compete with the big dogs easily! mind you, youd get your ass handed to you by guys rocking 200hp AE86s because of the skill level difference... had very little to do with the cars power level back then.

drifting now has basically become drag racing thru turns in the US. outside of events like Drift Matsuri and Final Bout, a good amount of us old guys dont care about drifting because its so different and just ugly.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #773
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why the hate on newer and better engine management systems? You think if the stuff was round back when 3-400whp cars were all you needed that they wouldn't use it? Nothing wrong with making an engine last longer and run better.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #774
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
youre young... thats why. youve come up in a VERY different culture of "drifting" and car modification. there are those of us who have 10+ years on you in this culture and honestly, modern day drifting is just ugly!

most of you younger guys dont realize that in early days of drifting, ANYONE could build a car and compete! and im not talking about little grassroots events, you could build a car to around 300-400hp and go compete with the big dogs easily! mind you, youd get your ass handed to you by guys rocking 200hp AE86s because of the skill level difference... had very little to do with the cars power level back then.

drifting now has basically become drag racing thru turns in the US. outside of events like Drift Matsuri and Final Bout, a good amount of us old guys dont care about drifting because its so different and just ugly.
I hear you, it has changed a ton from even when I started. I remember in 2005/6 when D1GP came here, and I watched that dude in the Ae86 take down Vaughn Gitten Jr. in the Mustang.. I'll never forget that! It made me want to get into the sport as soon as I could. It made me push to where I am today.

I know that I may only be 24, but my first event was at 16 in a near stock e30 that I mowed lawns and scrapped metal to buy... I saved up for a seat, helmet, BC Coil-overs. It had a stock motor, OE 2way LSD crappy stock hand brake, no angle mods, And was doing fast 3rd gear entries. Many good memories and lots of experience. I would NEVER go back to those days, not even to re-experience the newness of it all.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-25-2017 at 08:06 PM..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #775
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i wasnt referring to EMS on motors, i was referring to the fact that drifting is now dominated by cars that run ON AVERAGE 700-800hp now. its just dumb in my eyes... unless you have massive amounts of bank roll yourself or manage to pick yourself up some MAJOR corporate sponsors, your ass isnt competing!

drift matsuri and final bout are really where its at... cars running average 300-400hp (some even less), all of the cars look absolute tits (as they are required to), old school JDM livery and aesthetics everywhere, for those of us who dont like new school drifting... these 2 sanctions are where its at!

not everyone agrees with Formula D and Hoonigan crap... for those of us who prefer the early days of drifting, FinalBout kicks the hell out of anything Formula D can ever offer due to modern day influences, styles and trends! if 1000hp V8s in imports are your thing, then hey... more power to you. for those of us that still prefer 4 bangs, straight 6s and old school influenced drifting, we have our place within FB and DM.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #776
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
And unfortunately FinalBout is all over. But I'm sure there are other events to take it's place. SuperD etc etc.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #777
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Im fucking sick of seeing LS' and over-fenders/fender-flares on every damn car out there...
Old 09-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #778
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
What crazy is I used to play Forza Motorsport 2/3 online with this dude back in the day.

Joe is the man! and his replica of Teruaki Itai' 180sx is spot on!

JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #779
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
if 1000hp V8s in imports are your thing, then hey... more power to you.
pun intended? LOL
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #780
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

lol i didnt mean it to be hahahha sorry bout that