Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #751
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
these headlights are sweet as fuck
I agree with this
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #752
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you are right, but some people are just clueless and have bad taste. imo, all those generic aftermarket retrofit parts are junk. its either OEM or bust.
It's not just lights. As I follow this thread (mostly for posts from you and silviaks2nr) it is a representation of how the "scene" is these days. A bunch of crappy half assed attempts and making something work where form >X2 over function. (Though in some of these retrofits the form is just as terrible as function imo.) Where you have a few people holding out and taking pride in their builds, instead of just slapping some parts together and "making it work".

The funniest (saddest?) thins is when people try to defend it. Apparently looking "cool" is more important than having a properly built car.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #753
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It's not just lights. As I follow this thread (mostly for posts from you and silviaks2nr) it is a representation of how the "scene" is these days. A bunch of crappy half assed attempts and making something work where form >X2 over function. (Though in some of these retrofits the form is just as terrible as function imo.) Where you have a few people holding out and taking pride in their builds, instead of just slapping some parts together and "making it work".

The funniest (saddest?) thins is when people try to defend it. Apparently looking "cool" is more important than having a properly built car.
Well, to be honest a lot of people just dont know better - me included. It took many years and lots of trial and error for me to learn. Not everyone learns, some people are just destined to be stupid.

One of my friends owns a 240Z and told me that he wants to buy a CX Racing turbo kit for his RB.... (sigh). My response was "good luck with that, bud."
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #754
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
I agree with this
thanks so do I
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #755
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I figure I minds well stir the pot since this thread hasn't seen any action lately. Last month while browsing Alibaba I stumbled across some 7x6 LED headlights. They were $45 and promised to be plug and play for the s13 in addition to haveing far superior lighting. Now I knew what I was getting into but I was curious and for $45 I figured I didn't have much to lose. Anyway they came in yesterday and I figured that I would share my findings.

Here is what they look like out of the box (kind of an ugly but most LED lights are IMHO)

I'll admit that I was fairly impressed with the construction of the lights, the lense is thick plastic and the rear is made from cast aluminum. I've seen the quality of some of the castings that come out of China and these are much better then I was expecting.

The plug is the standard for most sealed beam lights. On my set one of the plugs was pinned wrong (high and low beam wires were switched) so I had to re-pin it. Its 3 prongs and the plug was even color coded to the wires so idk how you could fuck it up but they did. Anyway I was fully prepared for something like that so it wasn't a big deal, but it should give a good Idea of the actual quality lol.

Once I got the wiring sorted out I installed them and to my surprise they worked, no dead leds or any nonsense that I was expecting.

Here are what they look like compared to the old lights (you can already see here that these are going to blind any oncoming traffic):

Lowbeam against wall (slightly too close but couldn't I back up any further):

Highbeam against wall:

Lowbeam on road (photo came out pretty shitty):

Highbeam on road:

And installed on the car with the lights off:

Sorry for the long post but I'm seeing these things start to pop up on eBay for $120 and wanted to get some info out there before anyone went out and spent that kind of money on these. People are free to draw their own conclusions from above and I will admit that the light output is better then stock but that said, I won't be running them on my car...
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #756
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post

Beautiful cutoff.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #757
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
He's pulling out leg. That's actually a flash light pointed at the garage.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #758
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Beautiful cutoff.
Its hard to see what doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
He's pulling out leg. That's actually a flash light pointed at the garage.
Hahaha, I wish it was a joke...
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #759
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Look like fly eyes lol but nice light

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #760
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Horrible in every possible way.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #761
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
It looks like someone is puking light onto the wall.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #762
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
We should just install light bars on the roof of the car like jeeps.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #763
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
no markings on the glass, i am surprised those managed to make it into the country

i have a feeling those will be banned............. eventually
Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #764
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Pretty sweet. It kind of looks like those landscape spotlights people use around their homes.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #765
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Beautiful cutoff.
I lul'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Look like fly eyes lol but nice light
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #766
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Non-DOT headlamps.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:39 AM   #767
ixfxi
Post Whore!

More like non-ANYTHING headlights

Is there a lighting standard that those conform to? Doesnt appear to be the case, from what I can tell.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:55 AM   #768
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
My ballast is starting to act up after 8 years(First gen Mod-Express 35W)
Will probably look for new ballast in 55W, should I even bother looking past the TRS ballasts?
Old 11-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #769
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

OEM Densos BNItoyotaB from trs for $130... hard to go wrong. hella gen3 are great too but don't like aftermarket bulbs. Both sets in my cars are over 15yrs old and work like a charm.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/cl...l#.VkTLb7-ndVc
Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #770
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Well, it all depends on how you see it. The way I see it, its a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a car the way you want it. No sense in building a Z32 with high HP and then driving with some antiquated lights. Last thing anyone would want is to run into something at highway speeds. Lets not even talk about medical costs, the cost of headlights is a drop in the bucket.

^ Here is a photo for the fancy S13 owners. They do exist.

Honestly the only thing I don't like on my s13 hatch is the lighting and soon I will try to get fancy with it . Currently running stock kouki tails and stock pop up I have a strange love for the pop up style lights but I don't like the lighting it provides .
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #771
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 02-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #772
ixfxi
Post Whore!

great use of those cima projectors
Old 03-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #773
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silvia dual projectors w/ modified rx330 projectors, oem bulbs/ballasts, satin black paint and clear headlight covers. The owner wanted to wrap the edges with black vinyl but I usually paint that part on the polycarb lenses when I finish.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #774
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I cant recall the name, but can you guys remind me the name of the style of the zenki headlight covers? Im talking the stock style with the plastic ridges on the lenses.

Also, I read somewhere on here of one way of transforming them. Something like sanding the inside of the lense and getting rid of the ridges to make the lense a bit clearer. Any input on that?
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #775
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

You can replace the factory fluted lenses with aftermarket polycarbonate clear "covers" (lenses). If you do this you need to do a projector retrofit at the same time in order to have proper light dispersion/ beam pattern.

another zenki jdm housing bixenon projector retrofit

please excuse the dust that settled on top of the lenses...
Old 03-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #776
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I figure I minds well stir the pot since this thread hasn't seen any action lately. Last month while browsing Alibaba I stumbled across some 7x6 LED headlights. They were $45 and promised to be plug and play for the s13 in addition to haveing far superior lighting. Now I knew what I was getting into but I was curious and for $45 I figured I didn't have much to lose. Anyway they came in yesterday and I figured that I would share my findings.

Here is what they look like out of the box (kind of an ugly but most LED lights are IMHO)

I'll admit that I was fairly impressed with the construction of the lights, the lense is thick plastic and the rear is made from cast aluminum. I've seen the quality of some of the castings that come out of China and these are much better then I was expecting.

The plug is the standard for most sealed beam lights. On my set one of the plugs was pinned wrong (high and low beam wires were switched) so I had to re-pin it. Its 3 prongs and the plug was even color coded to the wires so idk how you could fuck it up but they did. Anyway I was fully prepared for something like that so it wasn't a big deal, but it should give a good Idea of the actual quality lol.

Once I got the wiring sorted out I installed them and to my surprise they worked, no dead leds or any nonsense that I was expecting.

Here are what they look like compared to the old lights (you can already see here that these are going to blind any oncoming traffic):

Highbeam against wall:

Lowbeam on road (photo came out pretty shitty):

Highbeam on road:

And installed on the car with the lights off:

Sorry for the long post but I'm seeing these things start to pop up on eBay for $120 and wanted to get some info out there before anyone went out and spent that kind of money on these. People are free to draw their own conclusions from above and I will admit that the light output is better then stock but that said, I won't be running them on my car...

For $45 that's not bad.

Cheaper than autozone replacements.

What's the link for those things?

I'd be willing to aim my headlight buckets at the ground - I just don't like the sealed beam bulbs at all.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #777
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
All this cool stuff silviaks2nr is posting and someone asks about the shity led s13 pop up lights?
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #778
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
And quoted the whole garbage post!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #779
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 05-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #780
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
looking for any info on anybody whos retrofit s13 bricks, or removed/rearranged the reflectors for better aim/output
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote