Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #751
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Thanks for keeping up with this guys, it means a lot! Sadly, I dont have too much to report...I just started my final semester of undergrad studies and have been swamped getting back into things....Im waiting on a box o suspension goodies to install and also am working on the intake/exhaust setups. Ill post pics soon I promise!! Last weekend was also lost when I went to pick up my new daily...a modded 04 STi that I absolutely love...and it matches my race car...pics soon!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #752
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i swear...someone should temp. ban you for giving us all blue balls. lol
Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #753
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gavmo power brace FTW!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #754
jamlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jamlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
still waiting...
jamlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #755
drifterken
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
drifterken is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifterken
WOW.... got some serious talent!!!

MAD props for time/work you've put into this car.. greatly going to be an awesome car when it comes out.
drifterken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #756
wacerx

wacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-known
i cant wait to see this car completed. absolutely amazing build and fabrication skills.
wacerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #757
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks guys, i appreciate everyone who is staying with this! Im finally going to work on it tomorrow night and then all weekend so Ill get some real progress going! Stay tuned...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #758
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Thanks guys, i appreciate everyone who is staying with this! Im finally going to work on it tomorrow night and then all weekend so Ill get some real progress going! Stay tuned...
bout time the subscription to this thread pops up again
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #759
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
goin on just a lil over a year now eh, 1.5? you have the patience of a monk , good work
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #760
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

I can only go as fast as my budget and time allow! Patience is def. something I've had to learn!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #761
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Quote:
I can only go as fast as my budget and time allow! Patience is def. something I've had to learn!
yeah...building a car really kinda humbles you, and teaches you a great deal of patients and other really valuable "junk" () its kind of like meditation..just in a more aware sense.

-jared
Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #762
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Gavin UPPPPDDDDAAATTTTTEEEEsSSSS.
And you should sell me parts your not gonna use.
PM me on RSW.
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #763
Donesyboy
Zilvia Junkie

Donesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the rough
oh my goodness this S14 is the business

props to you sir props!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #764
Headsick
Leaky Injector

Headsick is an unknown quantity at this point
You are most definitely inspiring me to do the same with my s13.

Last edited by Headsick; 02-20-2008 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Headsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #765
SERUM
Leaky Injector

SERUM is an unknown quantity at this point
I found this thread doing a stance search and found myself clicking page after page. Proof that patience owns all. Can't wait to see the finished product
SERUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #766
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Gav,

You've definately inspired to try something on my own car. This is just a couple of shots of the fuel cell in the trunk:

So please keep the updates coming. Im currently stitch welding the chassis and because of you Im going to finish out my cage with a halo and A pillar bars.

Scott
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #767
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Looks good Scott, im glad to be inspiring some good work, great DIY project there!

Ok, so after a month or more of not working on the car, I finally have a lot of progress to report!

First off, Ive started to dial back some levels of the project so I can get the car going sooner...Ive already missed the first local drift event of the season and dont want to miss many more. Since I still have a lot to learn on the driving side, Ive scrapped my extreme exhaust mani/huge turbo/stand alone ideas to get the car up and running...getting the car working at 275-300whp will be more than enough for me to handle for the time being while I learn better technique this year. This saves me money so I can get the car done sooner...Im also getting rid of a few other things (AIM cluster, etc) to re-allocate money to finish sooner. Now that Ive got a real agenda, i doubt it will be long until I turn the key to start the car up for the first time! I need an intercooler, radiator, a few oil sys parts, PS parts, a windshield, some wiring parts, some front end fab, ic piping & exhaust, and a front bumper. Its really not too much! SO thats where the ultimate progress stands currently...Now on to what I did this weekend...

So after waiting on the weather mostly, I finally got a good weekend to get outside and wet sand the roof and areas around the windows/seals so I could lay my glass and door seals/trim. On saturday I wet sanded and buffed the roof and pillars. Also a friend came over to help me prep out the glass for install (remove tint, old urethane, polish glass, etc), so while I prepped the car, the glass would be ready to install. I cut the roof out with 1500 then buffed it with 2 different compounds...what you see in the pics below is without any polish! Im very pleased with how it came out! My buddy Jeff did an awesome job getting all the old tint off the rear windshield and the next day I did the quarter glass. The glass was installed today (sunday) and the rest of the door seals and trim were also cleaned and installed. Over all, the car looks much more complete with glass, I cant believe how big a difference it made! Ill let the pics do the talking.

Also, I switched to running a t3/4 50 trim with .48 housing and stage 2 wheel...I think this will provide crazy response on an RB and wont limit my HP since I doubt Ill ever need much more than 300hp for quite a while. Youll see the turbo in the pics below. I slapped in on the stock mani and hung it on the motor to check the fitment...even with the motor pushed back it fits great and the downpipe will clear the steering shaft with ease! Ill quit my blabbing there for now and show some pics!

First gotta push it out side, for some reason I <3 this shot...

Get out your sanding block and hose + 1500 grit

Ouch...the sanding is harsh but it will shine right up!

Nice pic of the flake in the black shining in the sun through the water

Work in progress, cant leave the STi out!

Then the roof looks like this with a little bit of buffing!

After one more round on another finer compound (still no wax, hand glaze etc)

Like a mirror!

One more glam-shot

At the end of saturday, cleaned rear glass resting for sundays work effort...

Sunday begins with stripping tint and cleaning, oh joy!

Then a trip to get some windo-weld!

A few hours later + seals installed, the car looks GOOD!

Now a shot of the turbo on the bench, cute little guy...

And then the obligatory test fit...

Looks right at home!

Forgot to mention I will be adapting the stock mani for use with Tial 38mm....stay tuned guys! Hope this satisfies til next update (which will be soon!)

Gav
Old 02-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #768
burnsauto
Post Whore!

gav..thanks for the update man. car looks amazing with the glass in it again..really helps complete it. cant wait to see it with aero on it
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #769
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ Good to see some progress!! Paint looks great! That little T3 will do ya just fine on the track, but I'm pretty sure you'll be aching for more as soon as you juice it on the freeway a couple times Good lookin on the external WG, too.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #770
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Badass gavin your my local hero. BTW this is NSS14 on the dub.
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #771
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
gav, i would like to know who you think you are.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #772
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Burns, Jordan, thanks!!

Aeroscraper...I had put that together a while ago...thanks for posting man, you should check it out some time!

MS!3...what do you mean lol???
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #773
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
lmao, i was just busting your balls. i love your car man, keep it up.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #774
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
this car is very nice
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #775
luisgonz
BANNED

luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Show some pics of the clearance of the turbo on the manifold on the car of the steering shaft. I want to see what your working with.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #776
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
Show some pics of the clearance of the turbo on the manifold on the car of the steering shaft. I want to see what your working with.
Ask and ye shall receive...Ill take one after work tonight!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #777
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Goddammm that shit is already fresher than my ride, damn! I love the redo on the windows, it's how I felt when I ripped off my tint I payed to put on. But I'm sure this way came out cleaner. Mad props man. Damn, I need a paint job.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #778
luisgonz
BANNED

luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Ask and ye shall receive...Ill take one after work tonight!
Pretty Please. Im going to have to copy your "Gavster Front Brace"LOL
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #779
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
That's sick. I've been in a RB25 before dude. Those things rock. Keep updating and post more pix.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #780
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
looking good man! I really enjoy your color scheme and design. Cant wait to see more updates.
TheArkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote