Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #751
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
I was gonna say is that a pulse jet engine. but it doesn't have a inlet. Does it just suck in air and fuel through where the gas line is between sparks?

Thrust?
that is exactly how it works. thrust should be around 2 to 2.5 lbs.
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #752
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
thanks for the reply.

I know hitler used ramjets on his v2 rockets in ww2. They said that even though they were not accurate, just the sound would scare people out of the cities.

Can you tell me this. How fuel efficient is this engine? Can you make enough thrust (besides solid fuel) to lift a plane, its engine, and fuel?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #753
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
actually, what was in the v1s were valved pulsejets. they were nicknamed buzzbombs because they make this very annoying sound when running. the v2s were just liquid fueled rockets. here is a youtube video of an rc plane runnin 2 suck pulsejets to give you an idea of the proper sound. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-Ar7gb4tQ[/ame]
and yes, if made to the proper size, it will prouce enough thrust to get itself, its fuel, and a plane off the ground. as for efficiency, mine is far from it. if i spent a whole lot of time crunching numbers in some very complex equations, i could find the proper formulas to fine tune my pulsejet and make it more powerful and more efficient. as for pulsejets in general, they are kinda like rotary engines. Not the most efficient, they can make a good amount of power under te right conditions, and someone had to be thinkin WAY outside te box to come up with them.

remember the show junkyard wars? check this out...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrLwDz9cCM[/ame]

and for anyone wanting to experiment with pulsejets, here is an easy way to try it out...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AePLpM5SnqE&feature=related[/ame]
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #754
neukin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
neukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to neukin
Damn Bill (driftstyre) those front lateral and tension arms you built are SICK! Nice work!

Here is the louver shroud unit installed in the hood i fabbed for our kits. This and the hood pins come with the vmount kit. Going to test it a bit and add some more louvers in the middle if need be like we did on the RX7 FC kit but im learning here making sure air is being sucked out.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #755
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
Clowny awesome post man deff not a good idea to post right b4 4th of july lol beer fireworks and now pulse jet nice lol Ill post some video.

V mount is dope If i could fit a large enough core i would be really interested but the rear mounted radiator is already in the works....Thanks to Bill i have been reading about NACA ducts for the past 2 days.

Plan:

Naca ducts dual one right next to the other, And beacuase i still like to be pretty and functional a little carbon duct over them. "NACA ducts kinda go the wrong way for the shape of the rear qtr windows...Plus side is that ill be making 2 sets one for my S14 and one set for Bills Incredible S13.

Have a good holiday guys and be safe.
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #756
neukin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
neukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to neukin
The Garrett core is support to be one of the most efficient out there. That unit there supports about 700hp or is said to keep temps cooler in that range max. I like the Apexi core but cost is a issue, would like to test that against a Garrett. The larger your intercooler the more lag or responsiveness so this was prime in our opinion. What size core do you plan to run?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #757
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
In all honesty I think i was not focused when i made my prior post... "DRUGS DUE TO BROKEN FOOT" Anyway in all honesty I guess i could do a V mount its just i would need a really nice setup duct wise to get the air in and out.

Your kits look bad ass though nice work man.
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #758
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Sorry guys been really buisy. I have the following to post up in the next few days.

Sound deadening removal step by step.

Chassis seam welding step by step.

Gangster ass roll cage building step by step.

Our new car build step by step RHD TURBO LS1 FD

Oh yea. and a complete Rb25det s13 build, and a e36 euro itb powered e30 m3 cage build.

Who wants to see it?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #759
mugendork
Zilvia Junkie

mugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond repute
I want to see it!
mugendork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #760
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Fuckin-A!!! Can't wait to see the posts as well!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 AM   #761
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
yeah bring on the write ups
especially the seam welding one
so i can seam weld my chassis
it wants me to
Old 07-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #762
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
I do !

thats gonna be some interesting stuff !
Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #763
wwiaftm

wwiaftm is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to see it!
wwiaftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #764
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Been on this lately.

luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #765
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
ls1 coil mount i made for my ka woooo hooooooo it still took a while its crazy when your making something from scratch it takes forever

dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #766
luisgonz
BANNED

luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Got more......

Old 07-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #767
lazierhobo
Zilvia Member

lazierhobo is on the path to ruinlazierhobo is on the path to ruin
sweet v-mount setup!

im curious to see what kind of gains you see from that setup...please post follow-up results
lazierhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #768
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
you've got a lot of balls to do that to a newer car. I dont mind cutting up old cars...but if its been made within the past few years...its hard for me to do it. lol
Old 07-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #769
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
Got more......
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1398.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1397.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1396.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1394.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1392.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/HPIM1395.jpg[/IM]
I'm curious to see what kind of replacement hood will go on the car now that it's running a v-mount. Also what kind of protection does the radiator have now that it's at that angle?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #770
luisgonz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazierhobo View Post
sweet v-mount setup!

im curious to see what kind of gains you see from that setup...please post follow-up results
I will post a dyno graph of the gains and power added for this setup, Its going to be a new turbo, But will post results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
you've got a lot of balls to do that to a newer car. I dont mind cutting up old cars...but if its been made within the past few years...its hard for me to do it. lol
I have never looked at it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I'm curious to see what kind of replacement hood will go on the car now that it's running a v-mount. Also what kind of protection does the radiator have now that it's at that angle?
I will post pics of the shield I made for it later.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #771
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
i thought i'd try to make a vmount.
it took me about a week, never welded aluminum before! lol
i cut about two inches out of my front mount's core and used that.

its still got a few kinks that i need to work out.
i'll be re-routing the water lines to the top side of the radiator.
as well as re-route the upper water lines.

i put a filler neck on the upper water neck coming off the head, but ill probably put a bubbler tank in there also

also, im using .032 T6061 sheet aluminum for the ducting. i need a rivet gun lolz

im building a uras look-a-like hood vent too

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #772
JohnJunYi
Leaky Injector

JohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to JohnJunYi
just looked at the last 6 pages never seen this thread you guys make me want to go to school for welding.
JohnJunYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #773
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why do you guys use an mr2 powersteering pump?
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #774
luisgonz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_russian_one View Post
MR2 Powersteering Pump? Hmm I dont under stand what your asking.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #775
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
MR2 Powersteering Pump? Hmm I dont under stand what your asking.
LOL that was out of left field for sure...

do you have any pictures of your v-mount set up without your aero on the s14 luis. I would be curious to see the layout, I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing the radiator support and bash bar on this car if I am going to have to remove most of that stuff anyway.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #776
luisgonz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
LOL that was out of left field for sure...

do you have any pictures of your v-mount set up without your aero on the s14 luis. I would be curious to see the layout, I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing the radiator support and bash bar on this car if I am going to have to remove most of that stuff anyway.
You are in luck, I'm going to start on my body work today for the Aug 16 show. So I will post pics. Iam not saying its a e-z straight forward project. But I think its the best looking yet.LOL J/k all
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #777
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
You are in luck, I'm going to start on my body work today for the Aug 16 show. So I will post pics. Iam not saying its a e-z straight forward project. But I think its the best looking yet.LOL J/k all
Sweet deal, i'll be gathering all of the materials to swap the roof on the car correctly as of next month, and probably plug up my antenna while i'm at it.

(here is an example of doing a roof skin swap on a s14)

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ad.php?t=78303
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #778
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_russian_one View Post
It is electric so you can mount it any where you want and free up space for more accessories or just more clearance.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #779
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It is electric so you can mount it any where you want and free up space for more accessories or just more clearance.
I see, it just seems the original poster left out the "n't" on "do" so that's what was confusing.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #780
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is a cage I am working on putting in a Neon(I would like to make it clear this is not my car):
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote