Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #7951
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

I also still have no idea what the hell it means or references. Is it an acronym?
scat1
skat/Submit
verbinformal
go away; leave.
"Scat! Leave me alone"

Until now that's pretty much what I'd do with any Chrysler product.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #7952
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
I'm surprised BMW or Mercedes didn't pick it up first.... being German and all.

I also still have no idea what the hell it means or references. Is it an acronym?

Scat is sex play with human feces... fairly common knowledge.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #7953
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Scat is sex play with human feces... fairly common knowledge.

Some how I doubt that is what Dodge was referencing when they came up with the name.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #7954
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Actually, that is exactly what they were referencing.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #7955
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Sort of OT but after nearly a decade of Acura's hideous, and failed design language they are set to debut their new look in Detroit in a couple weeks. Seems like really poor planning. The NSX is set to finally come out and you immediately make it look like a dated, last gen product? Seems like they're setting it up for failure, although I'm sure it'll do just fine. With all of the RWD Honda talk as of late in curious to see if they get serious with Acura and finally make a proper RWD sedan. I just read the TL used to be the second best selling midsize luxury sedan behind the 3 Series but sales pave plummeted to 50% of what it used to. Seems like a no brainier way to revitalize the brand.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:23 AM   #7956
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

100 lbs less and 16 more hp.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/27/t...ideo-official/
Old 12-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #7957
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For the price difference you could make one faster and lighter in your driveway.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #7958
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
For the price difference you could make one faster and lighter in your driveway.
Or just get a C6 Z06.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #7959
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
$54k for that shit?!? No thanks. C6 plz.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:03 AM   #7960
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
And each will sell for the equivalent of nearly $54k

Perhaps that is why it is only limited to 100 units. I am honestly curious to see how long those take to sell.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #7961
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

I don't buy into the "limited edition/collectible" junk. I buy and build cars to drive, not for resale or collectibility.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #7962
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
to be fair for the price of a new frs and all the different parts theyve installed on the GRMN edition Id be hard pressed to believe a person could do it cheaper than 54k
Old 12-29-2015, 12:55 AM   #7963
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
That is just the base limited edition.

The limited limited edition comes with a painted hood and trunk, and red stitching on the shift boot.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:02 AM   #7964
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
to be fair for the price of a new frs and all the different parts theyve installed on the GRMN edition Id be hard pressed to believe a person could do it cheaper than 54k

Are you fucking joking?

It's 216hp, up 16hp, has some bullshit carbon fiber and now features 17x7/8 staggered wheels.

Get the fuck out of here.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #7965
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Are you fucking joking?

It's 216hp, up 16hp, has some bullshit carbon fiber and now features 17x7/8 staggered wheels.

Get the fuck out of here.
why are you getting upset at me? Ive actually read the full specs of this car not the short blurb summary youre all up in arms about.

msrp frs 27k
different 6spd trans - 3-4k
6pot calipers front 4pot rear with coilover suspension -2k
cf hood, trunk, roof, and adjustable gt wing - 2-3k
different forged? wheels
different intake and exhaust mani, different pistons
torsen lsd
lightweight driveshaft
chassis bars for rigidity
body kit and single exhaust
plexiglass rear quarter and rear window
recaros
grmn instrument panel w/ different steering wheel, shifter and other interior parts

so once again, not really sure why you think joe schmo could build the same for less; parts and R&D included. Track legal street car

http://gazooracing.com/pages/grmn/86/#!/
Old 12-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #7966
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Take that extra 27k and turbocharge the damn thing. I guarantee you it will put down a faster lap time than that GRMN 86 lol.

This is japanese marketing at it again. Even the Nismo GTR only had a 50hp increase and some different fascia/ suspension upgrades for over double the cost of a normal GTR when it first came out.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #7967
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

^ or spend 20k and put wings on it and make it a plane? Yea you could spend money doing a lot of different things; perspective.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #7968
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
It would actually only cost about 5k for -wait for it- 50-STATE CARB LEGAL 290hp/241tq. Maybe another 3k to rebuild it with forged internals and a heavy-duty clutch. And we all know how much coilovers, wheels, some chassis bracing and lighter body panels can cost. I'm just saying for about 10k you could have a solid street legal track car that would do circles around that GRMN.

http://store.worksmotorsports.com/WO...p/142.212c.htm

But no let's make an underpowered car that's already light and responsive even lighter and more responsive with a marginal increase in hp.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #7969
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
why are you getting upset at me? Ive actually read the full specs of this car not the short blurb summary youre all up in arms about.

msrp frs 27k
different 6spd trans - 3-4k
6pot calipers front 4pot rear with coilover suspension -2k
cf hood, trunk, roof, and adjustable gt wing - 2-3k
different forged? wheels
different intake and exhaust mani, different pistons
torsen lsd
lightweight driveshaft
chassis bars for rigidity
body kit and single exhaust
plexiglass rear quarter and rear window
recaros
grmn instrument panel w/ different steering wheel, shifter and other interior parts

so once again, not really sure why you think joe schmo could build the same for less; parts and R&D included. Track legal street car

http://gazooracing.com/pages/grmn/86/#!/
Honestly have to say this is a Japanese car not a German car. The trans you have listed should not even be near 3k $1500 is more like it. Pretty much goes the same for the wing and carbon fiber bodywork, i.e. overpriced.

Can't say I have not seen this type of crazy from Japan before. The Spoon fastback roof for the S2k coming in at 10k is another example.

Fact is yes the GRMN FRS indeed is overpriced and not worth the $54k . They are not bringing it to the U.S. most likely because they know we would laugh at it.

People do pay more for Japanese cars than ever before but those are cars that deliver on the promise. The biggest problems of the whole FRS/BRZ deal has been over promise and under deliver. In fact that's a common trait we have seen stateside for years from foreign manufacturers.

Even with the E36 M3 as great as it can be we got short changed close to 100hp.

One could site the 240sx as another example, the only thing there is Nissan had a somewhat valid excuse that was true. If it had come equipped with a CA or SR in DET form it would have wiped the floor with the NA Z.

Truth be told Suburu and Toyota screwed the pooch. Enough so as to scare Nissan away from considering going ahead with the IDX.

Meanwhile Mazda will just whistle down the street with the Miata.

Taking 100lbs off the weight off the FRS was a gesture in the right direction but it's about as good as Toyota can pull off. They have always manufactured the heavier build chassis. Even MR2's were always a bit on the piggy side, not to mention the beloved behemoth that is the Supra.

Ya GTR's are heavy too but at least they give you gobs of HP and physics defying handling for their weight.
I don't see anything like that in the 54k FRS and if I was in Japan I would still wait it out for the next Z.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #7970
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

whether or not its overpriced is speculation until we know what kind of overhead or % profit theyre making off the car

Time costs money too. What kind of deal how much did they spend making 100 cf body parts

outsourcing product designs to companies so they can manufacture it for you; $

and $1500 for a brand new 6spd custom gear transmission? Why Japan and not Germany and the US?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:23 PM   #7971
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
It would actually only cost about 5k for -wait for it- 50-STATE CARB LEGAL 290hp/241tq. Maybe another 3k to rebuild it with forged internals and a heavy-duty clutch. And we all know how much coilovers, wheels, some chassis bracing and lighter body panels can cost. I'm just saying for about 10k you could have a solid street legal track car that would do circles around that GRMN.

http://store.worksmotorsports.com/WO...p/142.212c.htm

But no let's make an underpowered car that's already light and responsive even lighter and more responsive with a marginal increase in hp.
not including costs of labor; race spec parts are more expensive than entry level stuff that youre talking about.

youre already near 40k with just the stuff you mentioned (not including labor) which again is speculative
Old 12-29-2015, 12:40 PM   #7972
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
not including costs of labor; race spec parts are more expensive than entry level stuff that youre talking about.

youre already near 40k with just the stuff you mentioned (not including labor) which again is speculative
I think the point he was trying to make was that the extra cost towards improving the GT86 could have been towards improving power output and supporting mods, rather than make a car that is already light even lighter. 16hp gain probably won't even be felt from all that added downforce.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #7973
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
whether or not its overpriced is speculation until we know what kind of overhead or % profit theyre making off the car

I don't think you understand the concept of "over priced".
Old 12-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #7974
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Honestly have to say this is a Japanese car not a German car. The trans you have listed should not even be near 3k $1500 is more like it.
Oh GTFO with that. Japanese parts have always cost more than euro parts. Toyaburu trans costs more than any BMW trans ever will. Euro cars are pricy because they use excessive crap we don't even need here in the States. Massive fixed caliper brakes. Not really necessary, we don't have any Autobahn freeways here. Brake pad wear sensors. Again, we don't have an Autobahn. Our pads aren't wearing that quickly. Daytime running lights. Why bother? I can't see your DTRLs over the glare of the phone screen I'm texting on.

Toyaburu can do whatever the hell they want to. They have no competition. S2000 is dead. IDX was aborted. 370z is an overweight pig. The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger haven't been sports cars since the 70s. They've finally made handling improvements but they weigh more than SUVs.

The Miata is so tiny you can't fit a pair of gloves in the glove box. You never see Miatas in a Costco parking lot.
Corvette starts at $55K.
Lotus Elise (new) isn't even sold here anymore.
Porsche. Even the cheapest little 265hp Boxster starts at $52K.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #7975
Matej
Post Whore!

Actually, they sell Miatas in six-packs at Costco.

The Miata is so tiny you can fit another Miata in the glove box.

Two Miatas walked into a bar...

...Gay bar.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #7976
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
The Miata is so tiny you can't fit a pair of gloves in the glove box. You never see Miatas in a Costco parking lot.
DIW,
paying attention to cars while at Costco instead of trying to pick up Asian girls at Costco
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #7977
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I think the point he was trying to make was that the extra cost towards improving the GT86 could have been towards improving power output and supporting mods, rather than make a car that is already light even lighter. 16hp gain probably won't even be felt from all that added downforce.
Yes I understood that but the point I am stressing is that there are different ways to skin a cat. GRMN decided to focus on a lot of stuff besides the motor; doesnt mean the money they spent was wasted or without purpose.

Quote:
I don't think you understand the concept of "over priced".
explain to me why you think boutique auto shops have the same sort of bottom line or overhead that major corporations have

because its really basic math; stuff costs money and it adds up regardless if a motor makes 190 hp or 1000 hp
Old 12-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #7978
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It's wasted because nothing they did improves the weaknesses in the base product.

It needs bigger tires, better brakes, and [clarkson]POWAAAAAH[/clarckson].
Old 01-02-2016, 06:45 AM   #7979
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I've never driven one, but totally agree the SS is severely underrated.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-...d-test-review/
Old 01-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #7980
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
but in the end of the day the car still is 3700 lbs no matter how good it is on track your going to feel the weight. And idk about you guys but thats something I don't like

but either way defiantly a great car. Best part is its even harder to see out then the old gen
future is offline   Reply With Quote