Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #781
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
OH GOD I WANT BN SPORTS FRONT BUMPER.

UGH. I know i know, i'm not going to complain about what I have as far as sponsorships and blah blah blah. But DAMNIT!!! Its so HOT!

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #782
Marcos
Leaky Injector

Marcos will become famous soon enoughMarcos will become famous soon enoughMarcos will become famous soon enoughMarcos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoNights

paint when I finish cutting up my other hood

Looking good pimp.. Those hot wheels are good buy for the sizing. Makes me wanna get a set for track sluts...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #783
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Quote:
dorifto
I want the sides! but fake this time
pull some Cali strings and hook me up with some hehe
places list them but nobody seems to have them in stock
fuckers!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #784
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5
I don't fucking care we're still gonna try russells this weekend hahaha

I can see how Zilvia would need the heads up about that before I would, seeing as how my car will remain parked in my garage this weekend.

We will however be rolling on Sushi bars and Brandons house... Hopefully i won't need to break any knee caps at brandons.

My Oilpan can suck my balls.

-PS. Im about to check to see if I'm banned on Nico... and if I'm not able to get my fill of the Nico how low can you go thread, so help me I'll beat your head in with my S13 shock
Old 05-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #785
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
If I could pull strings on anything BN Sports-like i would have it on my car already!!!!

I love Origin, it fits like a glove and it looks amazing. Its just.. you know. First love. BN Sports... special place in my heart. How I love thee.

Well, needless to say, I'm jealous... been drooling over your car for the past 15 minutes. DAMN.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #786
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
ummm, preload raises your car. now that we have the B ASICS of coilovers down, will you stop posting pictures of that? its cool you figured out how to max your megans but this thread does have its limits of reasonability.
WRONG. You talk all this trash and you don't know something as BASIC as this???? What are you rocking, prehistoric coilovers??? Everybody's GRANDMA rocks those. Totally uncool.

True coilovers have SEPARATE ride height and preload adjustments. Adjusting preload changes COMPRESSION. Compression has NOTHING to do with ride height, son.

Then again you TALK like you know everything but you just proved that you don't. Get rid of the cut eibach springs and get some REAL coilovers, boy.

Here's a picture in case you're gramatically challenged. Look at the coilover on the right:

See the green rings under the spring? That adjusts PRELOAD. See the ring at the bottom on top of the perch? That adjusts RIDE HEIGHT. Capish?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #787
DavidC
Zilvia Junkie

DavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really nice
tokyonights you said u got 18"s? those look like the hot wheels in the rear though..
Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #788
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstiffy

nokeone i didn't know you had an s14! where did the blue car go
yeah, picked it up about 8 months ago...got a crazy deal cause it had no front end...but Dirty D hooked me up with his old zenki front end when he went kouki so it worked out nicely...

the blue car is in my back yard waiting to be picked up...it was sold about 6 months ago...lol..

the 18th will be my first event with the s14 so it'll be interesting to see how i like it...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #789
skithesteel
Leaky Injector

skithesteel is making a name for him/her selfskithesteel is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmsilvia
WRONG. You talk all this trash and you don't know something as BASIC as this???? What are you rocking, prehistoric coilovers??? Everybody's GRANDMA rocks those. Totally uncool.

True coilovers have SEPARATE ride height and preload adjustments. Adjusting preload changes COMPRESSION. Compression has NOTHING to do with ride height, son.

Then again you TALK like you know everything but you just proved that you don't. Get rid of the cut eibach springs and get some REAL coilovers, boy.

Here's a picture in case you're gramatically challenged. Look at the coilover on the right:

See the green rings under the spring? That adjusts PRELOAD. See the ring at the bottom on top of the perch? That adjusts RIDE HEIGHT. Capish?

Was that sarcasm?? The slew of misinformation and malicious 'son', 'boy', and 'capish' remarks really make it look like it is.

Don't call someone out and then say a bunch of stuff that's completely wrong, it makes you look bad. When you compress or preload a spring, the force in the spring doesn't just disappear. It has to be exerted somewhere. In this case, it will be on the top mount of the coilover. Without changing the weight of your car or the lower mounts on the coilovers, if the spring is preloaded, the car will sit higher then it would without the preload due to the compressed spring pushing up on the mount.

...but then again I'm just basing this on the laws on physics and those are wrong sometimes, right?

I don't want to clutter this awesome thread but I couldn't read that and not comment on it.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #790
jjwilks240
Leaky Injector

jjwilks240 is making a name for him/her selfjjwilks240 is making a name for him/her selfjjwilks240 is making a name for him/her self
i tested a couple different ride heights lately.

this seems to feel the nicest between grip/drift and i dont hit anything with my exhuast anymore and now that i dont have anything on my front bumper i dont hit there.

my d2's are blown after my 3rd season, but my good friend found a place to recharge them. yey.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #791
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
im a fucking idiot
lol, what a toolshed.

skithesteel
Old 05-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #792
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
DavidC
yup 18x9R 17x9F in those pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Ha I know what you mean
but yeah Origin aero
I love it, fit soo good on my s14
Old 05-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #793
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Your "real man's coilover" is Tein Flex?

BRILLIANT.

Preload Raises your car.

Go pass physics.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #794
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstiffy
you guys and your s14s with blown shocks, so cute

nokeone i didn't know you had an s14! where did the blue car go
he's had it for a while, apparently.

I've seen it driving by campus a couple of times, it's pretty loud. I digress....
Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #795
DavidC
Zilvia Junkie

DavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really nice
heres my pile.

i cant go lower in the rear since my toe arms have hit the subframe at some point. since the subframe has markings.
i will probably lower the front a tad more too.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #796
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
lol, do i even have to start with usdmsilvia? nah its been done for me. go home cowboy, read up on your shit before you approach me SON.

haha aaron, the kts hatred oh sir oh sir! soon to change that blown shock situation OH YEAH OH YEAH

god tokyonights, FUCKING BONERTOWN, TEJAS. dude your car rocks so fucking hard, GOOOOOOOOOOD@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait to get some more low pics for you guys, all this shit talk and no backing jack up, *sigh
Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #797
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/driftmonkey_EN/hard%20parking/kit042.jpg[/I G]

i cant go lower in the rear since my toe arms have hit the subframe at some point. since the subframe has markings.
i will probably lower the front a tad more too.
What rear camber are you running?

Im yanking my crap right now to fit 18x10+18s (same fit as 9.5 +12s) and Im having to geustimate since I don't have rear uppers.

Judging by camber offset gain fuzzy logic I should have enough
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #798
DavidC
Zilvia Junkie

from the string technique i calculated about 2.3ish camber in the rear and its a 235/40/18
Old 05-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #799
spools14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
spools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC
heres my pile.
Damn man... you're car is completely differnt since I saw it last at the JDMSC meet..

New wheels and kit look really nice, throw spacer up front when u lower it tho

BTW this is Chris that used to own the Soarer.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #800
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by skithesteel
Was that sarcasm?? The slew of misinformation and malicious 'son', 'boy', and 'capish' remarks really make it look like it is.

Don't call someone out and then say a bunch of stuff that's completely wrong, it makes you look bad. When you compress or preload a spring, the force in the spring doesn't just disappear. It has to be exerted somewhere. In this case, it will be on the top mount of the coilover. Without changing the weight of your car or the lower mounts on the coilovers, if the spring is preloaded, the car will sit higher then it would without the preload due to the compressed spring pushing up on the mount.

...but then again I'm just basing this on the laws on physics and those are wrong sometimes, right?

I don't want to clutter this awesome thread but I couldn't read that and not comment on it.

Have you read some of his posts? This is the tone he takes with people on here.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #801
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol, do i even have to start with usdmsilvia? nah its been done for me. go home cowboy, read up on your shit before you approach me SON.

haha aaron, the kts hatred oh sir oh sir! soon to change that blown shock situation OH YEAH OH YEAH

god tokyonights, FUCKING BONERTOWN, TEJAS. dude your car rocks so fucking hard, GOOOOOOOOOOD@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait to get some more low pics for you guys, all this shit talk and no backing jack up, *sigh
Dream on cowboy, you have NOTHING to start with me. Do you honestly believe that raising preload raises your car??? Okay man whatever

Old 05-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #802
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:

Dream on cowboy. Do you honestly believe that raising preload raises your car??? Man you really ARE stupid (AND sadly misinformed) if that's the case

Old 05-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #803
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
since when is being low as fuck wannabe-jdm? hahahaha

the only thing wannabe-jdm in this conversation 'usdmsilvia' haha the name itself asks the question, does this person know wtf he is talking about?

earlier you asked if skithesteel had been reading anything, but have you? are you so hot-headed about how much more awesome i am than you that you cannot see where it was clearly stated that PRELOADING CREATES EXCESS SPRING TENSION. THIS SPRING TENSION MUST GO SOMEWHERE, CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF IT DOES NOT ONLY AFFECT THE SPRING RATE, IT CAN AFFECT THE RIDE HEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33 AM   #804
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Dream on cowboy, you have NOTHING to start with me. Do you honestly believe that raising preload raises your car??? Okay man whatever
Yeah... It does.

Add 5mm of preload on a 10kg spring.

Shock is maxed out so the spring can't expand, it takes 50kg to put enough force on the spring to get the spring to compress.

Zero Preload, .00000000000000001kg (instantanesous, whatever) before the spring starts to compress.

Once again, go pass physics. You're not owning anyone here. The explanation has been dropped at your feet. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #805
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
SEXY car davidC. shit is dope.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #806
CaoBoY
Zilvia Addict

CaoBoY is making a name for him/her selfCaoBoY is making a name for him/her self
go home usdmsilvia....only one cowboy on here, and thats me. i'll post up a pic of my car when i get my digi back. haha you got owned sucka.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #807
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
since when is being low as fuck wannabe-jdm? hahahaha

the only thing wannabe-jdm in this conversation 'usdmsilvia' haha the name itself asks the question, does this person know wtf he is talking about?

earlier you asked if skithesteel had been reading anything, but have you? are you so hot-headed about how much more awesome i am than you that you cannot see where it was clearly stated that PRELOADING CREATES EXCESS SPRING TENSION. THIS SPRING TENSION MUST GO SOMEWHERE, CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF IT DOES NOT ONLY AFFECT THE SPRING RATE, IT CAN AFFECT THE RIDE HEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE.
Hahahahahaha riiiight. At least you understand that preload is set by raising the SPRING PERCH.

Eliminating preload to lower your car is like running coilovers without springs just to slam your car. Stupid

As far as you being awesome, I'm in awe at how far your head is soooo stuck up your ass that you can't even understand the correct way to lower your car.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #808
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
dude, you are a fucking clown. you obviously have no idea how coilovers work. it has been simply explained to you like 4 times. preloading a spring raises your car, drooping a spring lowers your car. done.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #809
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
preload doesnt raise your car... it raises your spring rates. the strut can only go so far up.

I see how you guys say it would since once the spring is under more pressure(tightening the spring perch) the weight of the car will not be able to compress the spring as much.... making the car barely higher than if it wasnt under pressure... Its not so significant I would call it raising the car though.

Depends on what spring rates you start out with also...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #810
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
Yeah... It does.

Add 5mm of preload on a 10kg spring.

Shock is maxed out so the spring can't expand, it takes 50kg to put enough force on the spring to get the spring to compress.

Zero Preload, .00000000000000001kg (instantanesous, whatever) before the spring starts to compress.

Once again, go pass physics. You're not owning anyone here. The explanation has been dropped at your feet. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
So the spring doesn't compress. That still doesn't raise the car, it just prevents the spring from compressing. He's talking about lowering your car by eliminating preload. Do you understand that? What's your point?

From what you posted you're the one who doesn't understand physics.

Closed Thread