Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #781
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
lmao did this guy really just add a mic drop?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #782
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
As one of these "bandwagon riders" as you call it, I couldn't disagree more.

I loved my 240, the way it looked, and still kinda miss it. However, when I saw the direction the import community was going (stance boys/modern day ricers, instead of performance like the mid 2000s) then I knew it was time to be done with it. I hated being associated with the idiots that flooded the scene, and I ended up having more in common with the modern domestic crowd. Fact is, the import scene peaked in the mid 2000's, and its on a decline. Maybe I didn't find the right circles, who knows. In the end, the local scene is what counts the most. If the import performance shops in your area go out of business because everyone orders their bullshit parts off eBay, then there you have it.

So yeah, sold my 240 a year ago and now I'm building a 60's era muscle car with a pro-touring mindset. Couldn't be happier.
Whats the diference between ricres today and the ricers that spawned when f&f came out? Nothing changed at all. Ricers will always be ricers. The import scene is not on decline. Its probably growing even more now. Ive seen rednecks ditch domestic cars just to buy a 240 and drift it. Unfortunately, those kind of people end up doing v8 swaps which destroys the image of the imports.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #783
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
When you're employed by a business like I was that relies on the local scene like we did, you have to either follow trends or set them. My employer (at the time) didn't cater to the stance crowd, since 9/10 times they seldom would buy name brand parts, and even if they did, they thought they were getting a deal from eBay instead of buying through a licensed vendor like us, even though it was probably a chinese copy of the real thing. But that's a different argument altogether. We made our money selling turbos and building motors, and when things got slow, we did service work to keep the bills paid.

The point I'm trying to make is that 5-6 years ago, if you didn't have a GReddy front mount, A'PEXi exhaust, and HKS coilovers, you got brushed aside for being a poser. Nowadays, people are told they're wasting their money when they name brand parts, and the people doing most of the talking are those chumps who never had money to buy nice shit in the first place...throw em all in on the internet and the shouting voice of ignorance drowns out the rest of us who made the scene what it was at it's peak.

*drops mic*

My comment was tongue in cheek.

But I made titty licking what it is today. Not just what it was at it's peak.
Tell your girl she's welcome.

*picks up mike and snaps it over knee.*
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #784
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
When you're employed by a business like I was that relies on the local scene like we did, you have to either follow trends or set them. My employer (at the time) didn't cater to the stance crowd, since 9/10 times they seldom would buy name brand parts, and even if they did, they thought they were getting a deal from eBay instead of buying through a licensed vendor like us, even though it was probably a chinese copy of the real thing. But that's a different argument altogether. We made our money selling turbos and building motors, and when things got slow, we did service work to keep the bills paid.

The point I'm trying to make is that 5-6 years ago, if you didn't have a GReddy front mount, A'PEXi exhaust, and HKS coilovers, you got brushed aside for being a poser. Nowadays, people are told they're wasting their money when they name brand parts, and the people doing most of the talking are those chumps who never had money to buy nice shit in the first place...throw em all in on the internet and the shouting voice of ignorance drowns out the rest of us who made the scene what it was at it's peak.

*drops mic*
Your gonna casue an uprising. Just you wait till derek king hears of this.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #785
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
lmao did this guy really just add a mic drop?
I added that to try and add a bit of humor to the post, whereas I probably should've just left it off. Anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Whats the diference between ricres today and the ricers that spawned when f&f came out? Nothing changed at all. Ricers will always be ricers. The import scene is not on decline. Its probably growing even more now. Ive seen rednecks ditch domestic cars just to buy a 240 and drift it. Unfortunately, those kind of people end up doing v8 swaps which destroys the image of the imports.
I already mentioned the difference between those two crowds. You're right about them being cut from the same cloth, but nowadays everyone flocks to shitty facebook group circle jerks (BUY SELL 240SX DRIFT MISSLE PORTLAND,OR STREET SCENE LOL) and it just perpetuates the false image that just because something is out there in the world for you to see, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a good thing...if that makes sense.

I know. Long winded rant over nothing. Let's get back to posting pics before they lock this thread too.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #786
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I understand what you are saying about marketing trends but that's not the discussion really.

It's buying a snow board and baggy clothes and investing time and money only to sell it all and purchase a skin tight latex outfit to go speed skating in 2 years once the trend is over. So many dudes go full tilt with stuff only to be on the wave, then when the wave is crashed they hop another one.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #787
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
It's buying a snow board and baggy clothes and investing time and money only to sell it all and purchase a skin tight latex outfit to go speed skating in 2 years once the trend is over. So many dudes go full tilt with stuff only to be on the wave, then when the wave is crashed they hop another one.
same dudes who, to use your analogy, get back into snowboarding once that scene slows way down another 2 years after the speed skating trend died. then claim that they never left and were there the whole time.
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #788
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

A real enthusiast sticks around even when the community turns into hell. Hondas are associated with thievs and drama, but the real OG's are still around. They just dont attend imature, cheap sh!t, meet/events. Being a enthusiast isnt about being part of the scene or the community ( its part of it) but not the main point. Enthusiast enjoys working on his car alone, upgrade parts and going for a ride after. Realy, its pretty much all about you and your car. If you find someone that shares the same ideas as you, great. Now you have somebody to hang out with, but it's not the main point.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #789
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
TL;DR, let's get back to laughing at people that suck.

Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #790
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
A real enthusiast sticks around even when the community turns into hell. Hondas are associated with thievs and drama, but the real OG's are still around. They just dont attend imature, cheap sh!t, meet/events. Being a enthusiast isnt about being part of the scene or the community ( its part of it) but not the main point. Enthusiast enjoys working on his car alone, upgrade parts and going for a ride after. Realy, its pretty much all about you and your car. If you find someone that shares the same ideas as you, great. Now you have somebody to hang out with, but it's not the main point.
I can agree with this. The lifelong friends I've made in the car scene span the entire automotive spectrum...road racers, drag racers, drifters, etc. People I regularly see and hang out with when I'm in town. A true enthusiast doesn't restrict himself to one kind of car. I guess all my butthurt comes from seeing this #aintcare idiots invade into what used to be a tight-knit Nissan community, and exploit what used to be a respected car. I guess because my daily job revolves around turning out top-notch work, I've grown to expect the same from people who sink money into cars, and it offends me when I see hacked up wiring harnesses and poorly built cages that will probably kill someone instead of saving them.

I just wish more people thought shit out before they started chopping up a perfectly good chassis just to tub the fronts for steering knuckles to add angle to a drift they can't maintain in the first place.

On topic:
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #791
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Not sure what chassis this is but here's four idiots with a death wish I found on reddit.

Full cage, no helmet, fire extinguisher for an airbag. Something something Darwinism.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #792
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
"Are we Chris Forsberg yet?"
Old 10-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #793
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
need that grip up front when im at full lock, bruh

danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #794
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
It took Tom about 3 years to build that car. Everything was done well, the car has no issues at all and is incredibly clean for a track car. He also drives it very very well. I think he just got tired of the local drift scene. The white car is actually Tanner Fousts old car, and was pretty sweet when it had a built S14 Sr. Not so much now with the LS.
It is taking over six years to build my car and it is still a piece of junk. Or rather, my 'building' it transformed it into a piece of junk from a nice stock car.

Yet I still have too much dignity and some sort of weird misguided pride which will not allow me to cover my piece of junk in splatter paint and Hoonigan stickers.
I think driving even a 'clean' modified 240SX would already be embarrassing enough. Some of you gentlemen are really brave to let yourselves be seen in the cars posted in this thread.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #795
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nah this tan car is rad. ^^^
Old 10-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #796
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Nah this tan car is rad. ^^^
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #797
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #798
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
the dudes in that 4 door. Its a 2j gs300. Bill shreds in that thing. It's not JDM tyte tho so it wouldnt pass all you dorks high standards.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:08 AM   #799
Sil80yo

Sil80yo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sil80yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #800
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^This is o' so disrespectful, how dare you rock that license plate in vain.^^^

Old 10-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #801
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post
[IMG]
[IMG]
The Black and tan S14's would be cool instantly if they were to run real wheels in proper sizing.

Quote:
the dudes in that 4 door. Its a 2j gs300. Bill shreds in that thing. It's not JDM tyte tho so it wouldnt pass all you dorks high standards.
You're right, just because it's not in Japland. Not at all due to the disregard towards safety in the photo like was mentioned... because that wouldn't fix the fact that it wasn't in Japan.

because Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
^^^This is o' so disrespectful, how dare you rock that license plate in vain.^^^
Ummm... did that plate belong to the Japanese pope or something?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #802
SlammedCarsUSA
Leaky Injector

SlammedCarsUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I solely bought a 240 to get into the import scene. I guess you could consider me a "redneck". I live out in the country with my trucks and tractors. Yeah I wouldn't mind a clean LS swap into a 240, but I bought my 240 with the SR and I love it. I love the sound of it. Yeah its Stanced, but it will drift. I've loved 240s for forever. It's all about preference.

Instagram: SlammedCarsUSA
SlammedCarsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #803
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
The Black and tan S14's would be cool instantly if they were to run real wheels in proper sizing.
I agree mostly

The black...sure
The tan...little tweaks here and there...then we good.

Quote:
You're right, just because it's not in Japland. Not at all due to the disregard towards safety in the photo like was mentioned... because that wouldn't fix the fact that it wasn't in Japan.

because Japan?
At least ALL of them wearing helmets (full face, except the girl) ...have Recaro seats IN THE BACK w/ HARNESSES. (Unlike the other pic, unless you believe some janky ass red shaded aviators, and a beanie is going to save your skull. Sure.) and honestly...The Infiniti looks like it was even built to take for full load drift. Oh yea, lets not forget...

They are not making such clever and Apple prestige like "innovating" use a fire extinguisher as an airbag (...smell that...It smells like natural selection) It sounds like to me,

Exhibit A (The janky ass red shaded aviators, lack of helmets or ANY proper equipment)

chances of surviving death or injuries would be significantly, less than

Exhibit B (All passengers and drivers wearing a helmet, buckled in with a harness, Recaro seats and what appears to be a fully welded and structurally sound cage)

In almost any given circumstance of an accident or crash.

But of course...we're not here to talk about Physics, crash or vehicular sciences. This is the doing it wrong thread...and the folks that are in that four door with the driver that looks he haven't took a shit a whole week...IS DOING IT WRONG my man.

Quote:
Ummm... did that plate belong to the Japanese pope or something?
Well, idk honestly...but it damn sure doesn't belong on that car homie.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #804
skimmpysb
Zilvia Junkie

skimmpysb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
I don't see anything wrong with this car.

If anything it looks like a work in progress. All his gold panels are matching, and the same from the doors back are matching perfectly. No plastidip, severe mismatch paint, rattle can spray job or anything. He could just possibly put the fenders, hood, bumpers and maybe getting ready to paint it?

Plus it looks clean. Homie even got the rear window wiper still lol.

He's not doing it wrong man.
i know him lol. its dope.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #805
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
The Infiniti is Chris Firstberg's car.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #806
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe. View Post
The Infiniti is Chris Firstberg's car.
I knew it look familiar, I remember seeing that car @ Pat's Acres.

I was about to say I didn't know the Japanese was rocking Drift Alliance stickers or XDC Banner.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #807
derek king
Nissanaholic!

You guys are dorks. 2 of my daily drivers have cages in them...BRB Im ded RIP RIP RIP.

Stop giving a shit about other people so much nerds.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #808
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
You guys are dorks. 2 of my daily drivers have cages in them...BRB Im ded RIP RIP RIP.

Stop giving a shit about other people so much nerds.
Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...
Old 10-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #809
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Old 10-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #810
derek king
Nissanaholic!

ughh yea you got me man. BRB omw to get a helmet