Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #781
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Morris, Goudelock, World Peace/Jamison, Pau, Dwight would probably be the starting lineup. Man... Lakers roster is LEAN haha.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #782
---+
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
and yet somehow ppl are mad at Dantoni for their struggles against the Spurs...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #783
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ---+ View Post
No, we were mad at D'Antoni for the struggles coming IN to this. Shit, the tram that played games one and two without Kobe BEAT San Antonio two days after Kobe went out.
But in all seriousness, his mishandling of a SUPREMELY admirable "problem" is why many of us want him fired, like Monday morning after they get swept

And I write too!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #784
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'm pretty much turned off of the NBA since last year but I'm still cheering for my BULLS!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #785
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Have you even read any of these posts? People are talking about D'Antoni being a bad coach for this team and not knowing how to use his players since he's arrived. After 6 months, he still seems clueless.

You keep bringing up the Spurs when it was already obvious they were going to win this series before the playoffs even started. Let me asks you this, are the Spurs responsible for the Laker's struggles since Nov?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #786
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
No he wasn't... You're showing your bias when you say that. 53-39 and a first round exit at the hands of the Hawks just is not that. Sure, he won the scoring title, but the other options were an overrated Michael Beasley and an UNrated (at the time) Mario Chalmers.
Now back to Carmelo, I agree that he is not on LeBron's level. If I'm being honest, Kevin Durant is only one year of improvement from getting an MVP. Kevin Love was on his way to being one or two seasons out from it too before he got irresponsible about caring for his hands. If he had continued his ascent and taken Minnesota to the playoffs then the AP's obsession with crowning a white MVP would have taken him there... yeah, I said it.
I admit that I am a fan of D-Wade but when I mention his 08-09 season I take into account that just a season ago that team only won 15 games without him. I also look at what he did. He got over 100 block shots and 100 steals in that season. Over 100 blocks in a season for a player under 6'6" is unheard of. That season Wade was an all around player in every sense of the word much like Lebron is. Wade also avg almost 8 ast per game that season. To compare the 2 players that season, D-Wade had better FG%, Ast, Stls, PPG, Blks. That 53 win season was also the biggest turn around between losing and winning seasons in NBA history if I remember correctly. As far as the first round knockout goes, had Beasley and JO actually remembered that they were in the playoffs, who knows what could have happened. It's sad that Rio played better than both of those scrubs and he had Rondo on him lol! Lebrons' team did win more games that season but if you put that healthy D-Wade on that roster, they do just as well in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #787
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
When you have a coach that 3 days into his season benches Pau and refuses to play inside out until the end of the season when his mule is broken... Yes I can see why Lakers fans are angry, I would be too. The Lakers are where they are today because of 2 people... Jim Buss and Mike D'antoni.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #788
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
When you have a coach that 3 days into his season benches Pau and refuses to play inside out until the end of the season when his mule is broken... Yes I can see why Lakers fans are angry, I would be too. The Lakers are where they are today because of 2 people... Jim Buss and Mike D'antoni.
THIS.

RIP Dr. Buss, but MY GOD i wish he would've put in his will

"Jim, i love you, but...

1. shut the fuck up. 2. Jeanie runs the show now. 3. You don't know what you're doing. 4. Your job is to entertain guests at home games in the family suite. 4a. If this bothers you, look at what the franchise i built is continually doing for your bank account. 4b Then please refer to item one."
Instagram: @rjsladerade

Last edited by revat619; 04-26-2013 at 03:03 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #789
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I don’t know how can you say Durant is not in the same class as Wade back then, but former Wade is in the same class as current LBJ because I think Durant (also Rose before injury) are playing just as well, if not better, than Wade of a few years ago. I think you meant in a few years, Durant will be just as good or better than Lebron individually.
When I talk about his class I am talking about respective seasons. In 08-09 Wade and Lebron were neck and neck no one can argue that. But now Lebron is far beyond Wade, Melo and Rose. Durant is knocking on the door but needs more time to get there, but only if Lebron stops getting better. D-Rose on the other hand was never better than D-Wade or Lebron hell he was never even the best PG in the game. Rose being put in conversation as the best in the game was alot more about Lebron hate than legit facts. His Bulls being regular season monsters had everything to do with Thib's Defensive system. The one thing that D-Rose has over other people is that he is super fast and can change his shot in a split second while in the air. No one in the NBA has that skill. But his Defense is lacking in a major way. His Jump shot needs alot more work and he needs to get his FG% up, 43% from the field for a guy that takes more layups and dunks than he does jumpers is horrible. Individually D-Rose has never had better numbers than D-Wade so he has never been in Lebron's class. Hell I can name 10 players that I would take over D-Rose. I can't do the same for D-Wade, Lebron, KD or even Melo

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that D-Rose is a scrub or anything like that but I'm also not sold on him being a top 5 player let alone top 3 (even before his injury). He has alot more climbing to do before he reaches the top of that mountain.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #790
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Westbrook is out, I don't think it will be a complete turn around for OKC. KD isn't going to carry the load but with the composure they possess, I think they can pull through without Westbrook.

And if you're going to ask me about my Lakers, I'm just waiting for the org to open their eyes and fire D'Antoni, get rid of Nash, and rebuild around Dwight (if he decides to stay).

I was one of the few people against/angry about picking up Steve Nash. Chances were the dude would have passed away before his 3 years (lol not really). But in all seriousness, Nash is just old. Anybody grow up with their parents in their 30's? If you hadn't, it's really the decline and it only gets magnified when you play pro sports.

The fact that the Laker org decided to build to the tune of Nash says a lot about their "win now" philosophy: MORONIC. Not only did they over estimate their bench role players, they failed to do their homework on the rest of the league. Nash's role would have been a spot up shooter/moving off the ball had they brought in Phil. Not saying Phil would have helped us win it all but I don't think there would have been a better chance than what D'Antoni sold in his interview.

D'Antoni's idea of defense is "if we don't outscore then, we can't beat them". His coaching adjustments are absolutely garbage and I strongly believe I could coach the Lakers better than he can. His offensive minded stubbornness is what drove Stoudemire to the ground. I know that achilles injuries can happen when walking on the sidewalk, but the Lakers wouldn't have to have their sources of production play heavy minutes towards the end of the season if D'Antoni was a better coach.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #791
Riq
Zilvia Addict

It's starting to look like my wildcard Memphis to the finals may still happen. The Current Thunder roster without Westbrook could run into a brick wall if they go up against Memphis.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #792
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
With the way some players have been returning to court before their slated return time, I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook returned in the 2nd round (given they still beat the Rockets, which they probably will.)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #793
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's starting to look like my wildcard Memphis to the finals may still happen. The Current Thunder roster without Westbrook could run into a brick wall if they go up against Memphis.
Glad you're counting the Clippers out, can't tell you how stupid first year Clipper wagon riders sound just because their getting their shit together under another senseless coach.

OKC has enough players that can defend a wide part of most teams half court offense. Memphis tries the inside-out game but I think losing guys like Gay and Mayo is tough considering those two created their own shots.

If they were to meet in the Finals, Thabo is a great defender. He'll eat up Tony Allen and Tayshawn's production. Conley's expanded his game but I don't think their bench produces as much as OKC's roster can.

As for Westbrook, he contributes on the offensive end more than he does on defense. Most guards in the league drive to the basket for fouls, set their teammates up, or spot up to shoot around the perimeter. Bayless and Conley have that advantage because who wouldn't blow by Fisher in this league these days?

The only way I see Memphis winning is disabling Ibaka and pounding it in the post and limit any turnovers--preventing the fast break opportunities in transition. Memphis is known for their D but against OKC, I really doubt their defense against a crafty team like OKC.

Still crying about the Lakers here Heading to the game tonight, hope it's a good one but I'm doubting it.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #794
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
What's up with all these players this year tearing something? Even though Westbrook's tear seems to be due to Patrick Beverley's actions, it probably was probably worn down and not as strong as before?

Should the NBA really think into shortened regular season? This is getting insane. Probably half the teams in the league have a guy with some devastating injury (probably not that much, but it seems like it).

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #795
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Worst loss ever....

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #796
zooopreme
Post Whore!

If a sweep means the end of Nash/D'Antoni for the Lakers, then so be it. Terrible defensive adjustments from D'Antoni. "Go out there and play" was what he told Darius and Goudelock. That's what you tell peewee leaguers when they play their last game.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #797
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
The Lakers need to fire D'Antoni and hire me... I know what the fuck I am doing

And I write too!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #798
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
It's crazy that Westbrook played the rest of the game on a torn meniscus, and still made some incredible plays. It's rather impressive that he hadn't missed a single game in high school, college, or NBA before this. Guess that streak had to end eventually, sucks it had to happen during the playoffs though. =\
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #799
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
I still got the Nuggets over the Warriors, even though last night's game made me want to blow my brains out
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #800
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
A Garden Gnome knows more about Defense than D'antoni does. Sadly Jim the idiot already went on record saying that he is keeping D'antoni next year too. Ugh... The Lakers are slowly becoming the NY Knicks of the last 10 years.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #801
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Even Magic Johnson was smart enough to know shit hit the fan as soon as he knew Jim Buss was taking over and sold his ownership stake in the Lakers. I like how he publicly states the Lakers are not doing certain things right and his general disapproval of how the Lakers are being run right now, but Jim Buss is too arrogant and I don't think he gives a shit what Magic or anyone else has to say.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #802
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
What a crazy game, thank you NATE "THE HERO" ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #803
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhh
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #804
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Phlip for president!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #805
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Phlip for president!
I know basketball, I don't know dick about the economy and I am too much of an asshole to deal in foreign relations... I drink, curse and fuck a lot so I know my limitations.
Coach yes, president no

And I write too!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #806
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
What a crazy game, thank you NATE "THE HERO" ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the so called experts counting the Bulls out after game 1 because of D-Rose being hurt and how the Nets handled them. Meanwhile I'm sitting at home saying what are these fools talking about? This Bulls team is fully capable of meeting the Heat in the ECF. They go as far as Thibs system takes them. "Nate the great" can play the role of the aggressive point guard when needed. I fully expect them to close out the Nets, just saying

Loving the Griz winning again. I am seriously pulling for those guys. Although that is the team I fear most this year because I know they can out physical the Heat but fuck it I want a fun finals, not another 4-1 laugher like last season.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #807
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I remember the so called experts counting the Bulls out after game 1 because of D-Rose being hurt and how the Nets handled them. Meanwhile I'm sitting at home saying what are these fools talking about? This Bulls team is fully capable of meeting the Heat in the ECF. They go as far as Thibs system takes them. "Nate the great" can play the role of the aggressive point guard when needed. I fully expect them to close out the Nets, just saying

Loving the Griz winning again. I am seriously pulling for those guys. Although that is the team I fear most this year because I know they can out physical the Heat but fuck it I want a fun finals, not another 4-1 laugher like last season.
Actually Bulls are getting Heat next round.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #808
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Good job, good effort Rockets!

I have not seen a team in AGES that can blow multiple big leads, twice like you have...

15 point lead? Blew it!

26 point lead? Blew it!

And that dagger three took the air out of the arena

This guy just HATES Texas...

Old 04-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #809
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Actually Bulls are getting Heat next round.

Posting at 5am, my train of thought wasn't fully there but had the Bulls been on the other slot they could meet the Heat in the ECF.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #810
two40z
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
two40z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

not our year fuk it..