Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #781
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander500 View Post
This is a cage I am working on putting in a Neon(I would like to make it clear this is not my car):
WHat is that SRT Neon running?
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #782
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
WHat is that SRT Neon running?
I am doing this cage third party, but apparently he or the shop I am doing it for wants a pretty cage that is NHRA sport compact legal.

It's not my money but it will be soon.
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #783
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
Who has messed with lexan ?
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #784
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Who has messed with lexan ?
ME me me Why you ask?
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #785
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
great work everyone as usual.

I will be posting up alot of stuff here in the next few days. Sorry I have been soo buisy lately.

I have also used lexan quite a bit.

What did you need?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #786
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
Ive got a bunch of new projects that i hopefully will have time to post up. i keep forgeting to take pictures. Like my first full cage i just finished up. it was all going great till i decided to use a mig welder instead of a tig...

I finished up a miata with a EVOIII turbo kit and full 3" SS exhaust that i will be producing a kits. I think i have pictures of it on my work PC ill try to upload them soon.

I have mostly been doing some production welding on motorcycle fenders a guy here in town spins from sheet steel.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #787
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
I was leaning towards doing lexan on my S14 just front windshield back window and the two sides. The rear qtr windows im working on a NACA duct setup thats effective as well as pretty How much would i be looking at for this and how do you do it ? Does it involve trailering my car to dent sport
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #788
Mr Bizzle

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr Bizzle is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=215337&page=2

S15 with a VH, full cage, metal overs, and modified front end/ subframes.

Fab work done by a shop that does WRC and GT cars.
Hello
Yes, this is my car - i got linked over here from Nico. Im one of the drivers compeating in the British Drift Championship here in the UK and im building this as my 2009 car. It's one heck of a build, but it shaping up really nicely!

The car will be used as my competition car and i will be running the VH45DE engine with a pair of custom build GT2835R's 0.86ar built by Owen Developments in Oxford. They are the only offical Garrett service centre and build shop in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. So they know what they are doing

The engine is shooting for 800hp as an opening figure, it should run a lot more than that eventually, but 800 ponies as a test bed figure should be pretty interesting in a car that's effectivly a roll cage with a shell around it. Im really pretty pleased with the progress so far. As soon as the season is over early september then the project is really going to kick up into gear.

With the chassis work pretty much done, it's all about fabricating engine ancilleries and building the drive train.

The car will have fibreglass doors, wings, over fenders, bootlid, bumpers, skirts and roof + plexiglass windows all around. It should be pretty light

I'll try to keep you guys updated along with the rest if you like

(My PS13 - Thrown together stand in car after the S14.5 was sold)

(The S14.5 (now in Norway... Boo Hoo)

Mr Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #789
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Thats just stupid, hahahahahahah

Good luck!!

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #790
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I am doing this cage third party, but apparently he or the shop I am doing it for wants a pretty cage that is NHRA sport compact legal.

I refuse to do cages for people that want to keep the rear seats, I'm guessing that's why the rear bars are shaped in that fashion?
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #791
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Can I play?

Hahahahahahaha

Zip-tie spec.
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #792
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yes that s15 is nuts...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #793
sillyvia13
BANNED

sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
Can I play?

Hahahahahahaha

Zip-tie spec.
You fab'd that yourself...SICK!!!!
nice work, I would have opted for a black ziptie tho!
+1 to you sir
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #794
nismostate
Banned from the Marketplace

nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to nismostate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
Can I play?

Hahahahahahaha

Zip-tie spec.
i almost cried laughing.
awesome thread and i want to start fabbing!
nismostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #795
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
edited

Last edited by Om1kron; 07-24-2008 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: dont want to de-rail thread
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #796
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
So you fabbed a metal braket for a fluid line to get a more efficient angle for the zip tie to hold the item to. Ghetto fab style?
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm pretty much pro.

I did the auto -> 5-speed swap and deleted the clutch dampener line. I needed a bracket to provide atleast a little support, so i did this doo-dad in about 3 minutes flat. lol.
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #797
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:

Are bent rear bars legal for NHRA? I thought bent rear down bars weren't legal for anything.
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #798
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
wiisass: Rear down tubes have to be straight for scca/nasa. Im not sure about nhra but most likely.

Please keep all the nonsense out of this post guys.

Mods please delete stupid posts.

Dude from UK: Thats pretty baller.. Keep up posted please.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #799
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiisass View Post
Are bent rear bars legal for NHRA? I thought bent rear down bars weren't legal for anything.
I read through the rules a hundred times, it does seem to go into as much detail as I would expect, maybe you know something I don't. here is what I was reading: http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/sport...C_Rulebook.pdf page 40-42.

I contacted the shop I am building it for and made sure they knew what I was doing.
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #800
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Yeah, those rules don't really say much. I know SCCA/NASA/FD/etc say that there are no bends allowed in the rear down bars. I mean if you can get away with it, then cool, I was just bringing it up because it would suck if you did all that work and then the car wouldn't pass tech and then you had to redo it.
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #801
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
nhra rules are so loose and unspecific compared to scca/nasa...
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #802
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Yea im looking to do lexan in a month or so on my s14 i need a few pointers...
Finally got a great job offering out west so Im out of here....Anyone know anybody cool out in Vegas ???
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #803
blu808
Post Whore!

No but pm me once you get all setup. I will come kick it.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #804
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Deff. all zilvians are welcome...I want to set up event days twice a month at the raceway. They have a road course too 20 minutes from my house thank god for a tire sponsor all i need is a fuel sponsor lol
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #805
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
i have worked with a NHRA cage builder a few times, and he puts bends in damn near every rear down bar he builds even if it could have done with them being straight. It annoys the hell out of me.

I took some pictures of my cage work, ill upload them later tonight.

also just started on a prototype oil pan fab for a KA-T project in the shop, ill post the progress up.

jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiisass View Post
Yeah, those rules don't really say much. I know SCCA/NASA/FD/etc say that there are no bends allowed in the rear down bars. I mean if you can get away with it, then cool, I was just bringing it up because it would suck if you did all that work and then the car wouldn't pass tech and then you had to redo it.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #806
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Sorry i know it should go in the pik request but i think ive posted 20 times and never gotten anyone with some info...Anyway im looking for convave wheels in a 18 with a really crazy offsets any ideas ?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #807
eDmSiL80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
eDmSiL80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
not my work, but my fabricator's

cage he did on my car.

cut the roof

low ass seat rails

front tubs

buddies civic he did

the v8 he put into my bro's car

eDmSiL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #808
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
custom fabrication is the best! keep up the good work guys.
Import_Prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #809
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
i janked it to the welds on that cage. so sexy.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #810
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDmSiL80 View Post
not my work, but my fabricator's

cage he did on my car.

cut the roof

low ass seat rails

front tubs

buddies civic he did

the v8 he put into my bro's car

How come he cut the roof on the cage?
I've never heard of this method before.