Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #781
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, sorry to hear that. I just ran into the same issue with the freight company that delivered my cage. It was a total mess... hope they show up today for you!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #782
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I have them in my hands. I'm going to the skate park then attacking my car, hahaha!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #783
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
OK, well I got the coils on. Its raining until Saturday so I can't drive it until then, but I went ahead and lowered it as low as it could go up front and lowered the back a bunch just to gawk at it, haha.

The swift springs are 1" shorter then the old springs, and my shock mount is trimmed so its basically about as low as you can go. It measures out to 22.5" from the ground to the fender...and my fenders are hammered and dollied out to the edge is up higher then a stock fender.

Some pictures:

Without sides:

I can't get my finger under the low points on the side skirts, hahaha.

You can see my hammer and dolly work:

My shock dyno:

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #784
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
in the middle of it all the paper split from all the awesome lol
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #785
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
king kouki

::bows down::

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #786
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
So good!

msglngth

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #787
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was never really a fan of those wheels on a S14, but your car pulls them off very well. Car looks absolutely amazing.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #788
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

So, I tore a page out of Om1krons build page and started hacking up my rear fenders tonight. I currently have -2.5 camber on one side and -3.5 on the other, so I need to remedy that. I cut out the inner fender metal on the RH side tonight. It was a total pain in the ass, but it will definitely let me pull them enough to get my camber out to -1.5ish.

You can see where it was burning from rubbing. My power wire to my fuel pump was run through there and apparently was melting to the metal, to the point where it didn't have any protective layer around the wire anymore. I guess its good that never caused a fire!

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #789
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn, well it's good that it's sorted now...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #790
schells86
Leaky Injector

schells86 is an unknown quantity at this point
one day, ill have a solid car, and it still wont be as nice as this:/
amazing work!
schells86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #791
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Ok, so I pulled that side tonight. I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend up there, so it was all I could get done. According to a level, the wheel is nearly straight up and down. So if I had to guess, its somewhere between .5 to 1 degree. I obviously need to lower it back down to account for the hight gained from taking camber out.

It certainly isn't a smooth pull, the metal moves so freaking easy with that inner part removed - its crazy! I could pull it another inch I think if I really wanted to. I didn't really pull it out much further, I just pulled the upper portion out to match the bottom.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #792
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Smooth it out and lay some paint already!!
Im waiting for paint!!! LOL
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #793
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
Smooth it out and lay some paint already!!
Im waiting for paint!!! LOL
Gotta reinforce the rear tubs, just as easy as it is to pull something constantly banging on it will rape the panel.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #794
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly I don't even care if you paint this car... It's just perfect regardless. lol

I do love that green though.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #795
corbin
Zilvia Member

corbin is a well-known jackass
Paint it now
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #796
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Got the other side all pulled out. I just need to shape each side and put some metal back in there.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #797
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Gonna do that to my rears too. not as gangster as yours tho. My rears also ripped like s14fbs.. btw, did some posts get deleted?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #798
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I thought I had posted this video in here, so possibly a post or two was deleted, but maybe not?

I also updated my blog if anyone hasn't checked it out in the past few days. Here's a shot from the cabin looking back at the rear fenders where I cut out the metal:

And a shot of the ducting template....which I am going to redo because my friend is making me another bumper bar:

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #799
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
damn the rear tubs are gangsta. how do you plan to seal it up. weld in another plate?

i need to do that my shits hitting right behind the fender lip.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #800
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I bought another trailer fender, like this:

I used one for my front tubs, and I should be able to cut it into strips and weld it back in. I may even buy another one (since they're only 24 bucks) and cut more metal out and actually weld it in WAY higher then the stock metal for more of a legit mini-tub, haha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #801
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
WAYYY FUCKING COOOL!

makes me wish i stayed with metal fenders instead of stupid exploding fiberglass
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #802
statickx991
Zilvia Member

statickx991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
we needed u to come into philly with us. that would have been unreal too!!!!

spring time man, please make a trip up to MD and cheeel
where at in philly? im like 30 mins from there ill roll down
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #803
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Great update...Thanks for posting up that video!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #804
xnissan240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xnissan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sexy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #805
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post

I used one for my front tubs, and I should be able to cut it into strips and weld it back in. I may even buy another one (since they're only 24 bucks) and cut more metal out and actually weld it in WAY higher then the stock metal for more of a legit mini-tub, haha.

fuck yes. this was my idea too. welp i guess ill wait to you do yours then steal your idea haha.

seriously man, this is way cooler than overs. i was seriously thinking about overs. remotivated to keep stock metal
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #806
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post

is the fender still pretty stiff or does it loose all rigidity?

my only concern would be if my rim scrapped/hit the fender it would buckle like no other.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #807
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Its pretty flimsy without any metal connecting it to the body. When I was just barely using any pressure right below the body line from the roller it was moving all the way up at the rear quarter glass. If you had a super hard impact with the wheel you would definitely buckle the fender without any reenforcement.

Its pretty stiff at the edge where I've pulled it but the upper portion is super weak now. So I am just going to reenforce the upper part, the bottom should be fine....I hope.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #808
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
knoop,

The stance has come along very nice dood. I like how you still kept the OG metal and just worked it instead of the other idea you had. What events you plan to attend this summer? We need to tandem for sure this summer. I have scheduled the FD for a tune and as soon as i get back im gonna paint it. Can wait to ride out with the rest of the crew.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #809
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Hyperfest (July 30-31st - I can only go to it if I'm not at X-Gams in LA) and East Coast Bash (June 25-26) and pretty F-ing high on my list of events this year. Those are probably the only two events I'll do outside of driftwater this season. I mean 100 drifters is a must again, but thats not till December.

I don't think the next driftwater is until May, and since I'm missing this current one I guess I'll only have one event under my belt before East Coast Bash. That's pretty depressing, but its going to be a fucking blast!

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #810
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i will meet u at east coast bash hopefully lol
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote