Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #781
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lol glad i decided on 17's, that shit looks like a hot wheels car. maybe it just needs more low.
rims look good none-theless.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #782
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yea the fronts need to go lower but i am to lazy to remove the helper springs and its my daily so yup. also i dont want to roll the fenders.
and 17 for an s13 is fine, but 17 for a s14 is way to small, i use to run 17s
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #783
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

I have a zenki s14.
IMO 17's look way better than 18's.
especially if you dont wanna do fenderwork.
18;s look good flush and slammed. I dont understand why you buy 18's but not wanna roll fenders?
i can understand not wanting to pull em, but rolling them does nothing visibly.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #784
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filluptieu View Post

No spacer, +20 offset staggered

looks good! just needs to be a bit lower'd and then everyone would be like
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #785
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

supermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymore
Thinkin it's time for another PS. Lower the car with real 527s. Think I might go staggered for my hatch.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #786
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermariokartdrift View Post
Thinkin it's time for another PS. Lower the car with real 527s. Think I might go staggered for my hatch.
staggered would look good, i think its the 18s in the front im not digging.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #787
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I would never buy any wheel with the label XXR on them

If your going that route, you may as well just buy some Megan exhaust and Godspeed coilovers with a knock off bucket seat
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #788
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post

If your going that route, you may as well just buy some Megan exhaust and Godspeed coilovers with a knock off bucket seat
cool story bro
Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #789
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

supermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymore
slightly lowered
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 527s14222.jpg (154.8 KB, 135 views)
Old 04-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #790
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

good for you. not all of us need te37s/forged wheels @ 700/wheel for our dd's. id rather buy these cheap wheels that look good at a reasonable weight and save for some other stuff until i can get some vsxx's. coilovers and all that other stuff i would agree with you on though
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #791
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

If I took off the tag would you buy them?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #792
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL at DataXUnknown! See his info about the NRG hub in his signature.
NRG is just as bad as XXR, Megan, Godspeed etc.

More pics of black car ASAP! Issh looks hot.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #793
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha i was thinking about getting godspeeds at first but they dont meet the quality for a dd and track use. im saving up to get powerd by max coilovers i hear they are worth the money and you can go super low

supermariokartdrift it looks way better
Old 04-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #794
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Yup i dont mind rolling, my apologizes, I just dont want to pull it. Its my daily driver and the streets here in SA are pretty fucked up so thats why. Also im not going to lie, I do not want to take off the helper springs, to lazy. But i might be getting a version select kit so i think it will be sitting nice enough to NOT destroy the kit.

Sorry guys its not my track/drift/fuck up car...

But i just posted it so you guys can see it.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #795
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

Oh yea, cool guy, I run the tanabe coilovers with a blitz realize tt catback. also I have another set of work eurolines but just like the way these look. cant beat it for 500 shipped to my door... thats half the price of one BBS LM
Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #796
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Oh yea, cool guy, I run the tanabe coilovers with a blitz realize tt catback. also I have another set of work eurolines but just like the way these look. cant beat it for 500 shipped to my door... thats half the price of one BBS LM
HKS HIPERMAX coils. far better quality than more of the stuff most people on this forum run, cost about 2ce as much too.
bride zeta II bucket.
apexi exhaust, not very baller but still, far better than megan.

I will not cheap out on parts that matter a lot
however on wheels, I track my car. It isnt a show car, I dont give a shit about "baller rims" I know im just gonna ruin them at the track.
I curb a rim? awsome, i spend 150 bucks and i have a new one.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #797
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
It's not how you stand by your car its how you race your car, you better learn that. But seriously who gives two shits about your parts list, buying more expensive parts in one area doesn't make up for you cheaping out in another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
HKS HIPERMAX coils. far better quality than more of the stuff most people on this forum run, cost about 2ce as much too.
bride zeta II bucket.
apexi exhaust, not very baller but still, far better than megan.
I will not cheap out on parts that matter a lothowever on wheels, I track my car. It isnt a show car, I dont give a shit about "baller rims" I know im just gonna ruin them at the track.
I curb a rim? awsome, i spend 150 bucks and i have a new one.
The funny part is you will pay more for something like an exhaust, that you could cheap out on and never worry about it putting your life in danger, but you will knock the megans quality, when all it is, is an exhaust pipe that any local muffler shop could weld up.

Lol Its funny that you say you won't cheap out on parts that matter alot when last time I checked, wheels are one of those parts, pretty much anything keeping your car connected to the road does. Tires, wheels, and suspension are all things you shouldn't cheap out on. Just because it passes testing does not mean it is meant to handle the rigors of being on the track, I can't count enough times where I've seen broken wheels because of subpar quality issues, especially if you daily and track the same wheels. Many of you have this idea that if it breaks "I'll buy a new one for 150." Well if it does break because of all the "track time" you have put on it and it just so happens to be while you are doing some high speeds, you may not even have that opportunity to purchase another 150 dollar wheel. I find it hilarious when there is so much talk of people tracking their cars, yet they go with a 9 inch wide wheel and put a fucking 215 on it, there is no logic in the thought process of "I track it so I can cheap out on shit"

I'm not here to start a big war or anything, but giving you some food for thought, stop using "the track" as an excuse to buy cheap shit, if you like the wheels then you like the wheels. Nobody is going to talk shit if you just say "I bought them because I like how they look" I just find it funny that most of the people in here claim they won't cheap out on stuff that matters or that its because they track their cars. If you're really using them for the track then you are considering wheels for their weights, strength, and amount of rubber you can fit on them, not how hella flush they are or what other stupid fad is currently going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #798
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
It's not how you stand by your car its how you race your car, you better learn that. But seriously who gives two shits about your parts list, buying more expensive parts in one area doesn't make up for you cheaping out in another.

The funny part is you will pay more for something like an exhaust, that you could cheap out on and never worry about it putting your life in danger, but you will knock the megans quality, when all it is, is an exhaust pipe that any local muffler shop could weld up.

Lol Its funny that you say you won't cheap out on parts that matter alot when last time I checked, wheels are one of those parts, pretty much anything keeping your car connected to the road does. Tires, wheels, and suspension are all things you shouldn't cheap out on. Just because it passes testing does not mean it is meant to handle the rigors of being on the track, I can't count enough times where I've seen broken wheels because of subpar quality issues, especially if you daily and track the same wheels. Many of you have this idea that if it breaks "I'll buy a new one for 150." Well if it does break because of all the "track time" you have put on it and it just so happens to be while you are doing some high speeds, you may not even have that opportunity to purchase another 150 dollar wheel. I find it hilarious when there is so much talk of people tracking their cars, yet they go with a 9 inch wide wheel and put a fucking 215 on it, there is no logic in the thought process of "I track it so I can cheap out on shit"

I'm not here to start a big war or anything, but giving you some food for thought, stop using "the track" as an excuse to buy cheap shit, if you like the wheels then you like the wheels. Nobody is going to talk shit if you just say "I bought them because I like how they look" I just find it funny that most of the people in here claim they won't cheap out on stuff that matters or that its because they track their cars. If you're really using them for the track then you are considering wheels for their weights, strength, and amount of rubber you can fit on them, not how hella flush they are or what other stupid fad is currently going on.
he mentioned megan exhaust thats why i included my exhaust.
I do not DD my car, daily driving a car and driving it hard is fucking stupid.
I like how they look, i like the price. AND i have NEVER seen a wheel break at the track out of no where, usually its from hitting a wall etc.
and people will grab 3000 eurolines over these which are by NO means lightweight (although much better contruction.)

Ive heard storied of wheels breaking rotas mostly but i have seen the pics but i have never seen them break in person.
would I like something nicer and more expensive?
sure!
but i cant justify spending 2k+ on rims alone when that money could be used for seat time. which is much more important to me.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #799
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

also will I keep these rims on my car forever? probally not. once everything else on my car is up to my likeing I will happily drop money on some rays.

*lastly, I tow my car to events, it never sees highway speeds, especially right after a track event.
im not saying your logic is bad. it makes complete sense i understand where you are coming from.
but just doesnt apply to my situation.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #800
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

yup its because he commented, please read a couple of post above what I typed. Im also in college, getting a degree in finance, I CANT afford 3000 wheels... sorry
Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #801
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I swear these convo battles about quality and cheap repeats itself. One guy hates it another defends it. Vice versa. I ask, why do people care so much?

因果関係の流れ
Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #802
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
I swear these convo battles about quality and cheap repeats itself. One guy hates it another defends it. Vice versa. I ask, why do people care so much?
I have no idea Mike, I just wanted to post pics because so many people ask. And I just cant afford expensive wheels. Any ways I just wanted to help someone out that was planning on getting a set in my size.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #803
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
this thread is getting off topic thanks to dataxunknown. keep the eternal quality vs knockoff debate off this thread
Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #804
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

I agree
Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #805
dt-p88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dt-p88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Old 04-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #806
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cancelled my 526 order. Gonna get something else, and get them when they're in stock... mid 2012.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #807
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
I agree
x3

Whatever the case is, at the end of the day, IT's YOUR CAR, YOUR MONEY. Rock whatver YOU want!

Now if someone wants to kick me down with a set VS-KF, I'll rock'em

That's what I thought...
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #808
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceyang View Post
this thread is getting off topic thanks to dataxunknown. keep the eternal quality vs knockoff debate off this thread
Fancy that it is posted in off topic Not to mention the thread title states in it "What do you think?" So I don't see how he's doing anything wrong by posting what he thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #809
snafupossum
Zilvia Member

snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Cancelled my 526 order. Gonna get something else, and get them when they're in stock... mid 2012.
I'm going to be doing the same on Monday
Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #810
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do you have better pictures or different angles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt-p88 View Post