Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #8101
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
wow.

Uras GT kit

supermade headlights with no covers.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #8102
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone know the specs of ARC sway bars for s13/180sx?

arc website sucks and me no japonese.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #8103
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
No, the oil filter is not a restictor. You need a journal bearing restrictor

coolant hoses? Not a clue. I don't mess around with KA-E stuff.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #8104
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
stupid question that i'm actually embarassed to ask. nardi classic steering wheel, how the hell does the circle trim piece (that surrounds the horn button) stay on/get secured. mine just kind of rests on the bolts but doesn't snap in or press on. and yes i'm using the supplied nardi bolts.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #8105
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
No, the oil filter is not a restictor. You need a journal bearing restrictor

coolant hoses? Not a clue. I don't mess around with KA-E stuff.
I don't even know if they are coolant hoses. Only the one connects to the water outlet neck, the other looks like it could be a vacuum for the tranny.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #8106
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I don't even know if they are coolant hoses. Only the one connects to the water outlet neck, the other looks like it could be a vacuum for the tranny.
Relooked at pictures, looks like fuel rail return line

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #8107
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Relooked at pictures, looks like fuel rail return line
What the one in the back? That is connected to the lower plenum. And it's a top feed MSD style rail. It just doesn't make sense there is no where in the manifold or the chassis that these can connect to.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #8108
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
What would be best tire size for a 17x9 i want something thats not too thin but not too thick, as this is my daily driver. im currently running 225/45 all around.
I run 235/40/17 up front, and 255/40/17 rear.

I ran that on my 17x8/17x9 setup, as well as my current 17x9/17x10.

Its perfect for dailying. Its not "hella-flush" super stretch, but its a good looking size, and looks mean, and grips great.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #8109
initial240sx
Leaky Injector

initial240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to initial240sx
I want to know if rota sells the p45r 4x114.3 17x9 +25 offset and if this size will not stick out of the body of an S13 or hit the coilovers or z32 30mm calipers...

thanks
initial240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #8110
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So I have read that the Evo 8 Recaro seat sits high.

I was wondering.. if I were to run low mount brackets with that seat would it offset the height and bring it down to a normal level?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #8111
mowgli 240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
mowgli 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli 240sx View Post
I know this has been asked before so dont flame on me for asking
but what could be the problem on the driver side window on a s14?

i have power windows and on the driver's side the window would
randomly work, sometimes it works fine and other times it wouldn't work at all

any feedback would be appreciated
BUMP for my question
any feedback??
mowgli 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #8112
canakar
Leaky Injector

canakar is an unknown quantity at this point
steel seal headgasket sealer and 24osx? u think still seal is a good temp fix for a small headgasket crack? (ka24e)
canakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #8113
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli 240sx View Post
BUMP for my question
any feedback??
Power window amp. 95? little box bolted to door under panel, 96 and up i believe is integrated into the switches??? dunno only ever owned 95's.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #8114
Origin
Zilvia Member

Prime, CodyAce, maybe this will give you a better guess.

This is where the one in the back connects to the manifold.

This is where the one under the plenums connects to.

Does this help?

On a side note, the big hose on the second picture just makes a loop into the water inlet, what's with that?
And on that first picture, what's that uncapped steel pipe go to?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #8115
mowgli 240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
mowgli 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
Power window amp. 95? little box bolted to door under panel, 96 and up i believe is integrated into the switches??? dunno only ever owned 95's.
ya i own a 1995 s14
ima check into it later to see whats up with the power window amp
thnx appreciate the feedback
mowgli 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #8116
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I know this is a dumb question but.. doing 5 speed swap on the s13.. s14 has already been converted to 5 speed. Can I just use the pedal and slave and master cylinder off the s14 to go into the s13? Or is the S13 diff from the S14? Thanks! Just trying to see how many parts I can actually use off the 14 to put on the S13.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #8117
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Prime, CodyAce, maybe this will give you a better guess.

This is where the one in the back connects to the manifold.

This is where the one under the plenums connects to.

Does this help?

On a side note, the big hose on the second picture just makes a loop into the water inlet, what's with that?
And on that first picture, what's that uncapped steel pipe go to?
The one in the back goes to the brake booster. The one in the front goes to the coolant barb under the throttle body. The uncapped bit goes to the third pip from the left on the vacuum tree which ultimately leads to the PAIR valve.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #8118
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
The one in the back goes to the brake booster. The one in the front goes to the coolant barb under the throttle body. The uncapped bit goes to the third pip from the left on the vacuum tree which ultimately leads to the PAIR valve.
Well then, thank you very much.

And uh, what is a coolant barb? Is the hose going to bend around that much?
And should the uncapped pipe, be capped?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #8119
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
What would be best tire size for a 17x9 i want something thats not too thin but not too thick, as this is my daily driver. im currently running 225/45 all around.
I currently run 245/40 on my 17x9, a nice, very mild stretch.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #8120
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
My passenger side Energy Suspension steering rack bushing has a slight gap on the bottom. As in, I can see between the bushing and the rack. Is that normal/acceptable?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #8121
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Do i have to get a helmet recertified after the helmet has been in a minor accident?
i wana use my bike helmet but in jan i got into a small accident and my helmet was fine ( only scratches on the outer shell)...my brother decided to spray paint it and now i want to use it for events.... would it be fine or do tech inspect helmets???
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #8122
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Anybody have a link to 5 lug conversion thread?? I was gonna keep my 4 lugger but changed my mind....I have no idea what parts are compatible.and wat I need...thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #8123
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Should be fine if they are just scratches and not cracks

@matej - Im pretty sure they are supposed to be snug. Did you get 3 bushings with your kit?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #8124
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
@matej - Im pretty sure they are supposed to be snug. Did you get 3 bushings with your kit?
Yes sir. The S14 bushing is too thick and does not reach all the way around the rack. I am confident I used the correct S13 one.

The problem is that the rack is not centered in the bushing. Instead of sitting in the center, it is squeezed up against the back of the bushing, which is creating the gap.
Perhaps I need to fiddle with the driver side bushing to see if it can be aligned better.

Is the driver side (teardrop) bushing the same for both S13 and S14?
Also, is it symmetrical, as in, does it matter which side is facing the front and which the back, as long as the pointy end is on top and the round end on the bottom?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #8125
Wake
Premium Member

Maybe this will help. If not let me know.

Steering Rack Bushing Install - Nissan 240SX Forums
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #8126
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
Do i have to get a helmet recertified after the helmet has been in a minor accident?
i wana use my bike helmet but in jan i got into a small accident and my helmet was fine ( only scratches on the outer shell)...my brother decided to spray paint it and now i want to use it for events.... would it be fine or do tech inspect helmets???
Technically automotive helmets are supposed to be replaced after a hard accident or dropping (SA ratting I believe, I don't have my helmet near me now), whereas a Bike helmet (M rating IIRC) is designed for multiple impacts.

NASA rulebook:
Note- the minimum helmet standard starting January 1, 2012 will be: All drivers are required to wear a properly fitted and secured helmet while on track. Helmets must be approved by Snell and carry a sticker of Snell SA2005 or newer*. Ratings other than that of “SA” (Special Application), i.e. “M2000, M2005, or CMR2007”, are not acceptable. *Alternatively, helmets with an FIA certification of 8860-2004 or newer, or an SFI label showing the rating of 31.1/2005 or newer are acceptable. It is strongly recommended that any helmet sustaining any substantial impact be replaced.

Unsure how drifting rules are but the NASA rules essentially mimic SCCA rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeedrft View Post
Anybody have a link to 5 lug conversion thread?? I was gonna keep my 4 lugger but changed my mind....I have no idea what parts are compatible.and wat I need...thanks
Google.com dude.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #8127
proxx

proxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, so my car will randomly start up missing, sounds like a subaru, but after it warms up it stars firing on all four again. i also have what feels like a stumble at idle but according to my tach its steady at 650.
proxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #8128
Wake
Premium Member

While engine is running do the following.

Pull each spark plug wire (one at a time) and see if the engine stutters.
Pull each Injector connector (one at a time) and see same.
Jiggle MAF wires like crazy and check same.

Then take 2 and call someone in the morning
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #8129
like_em_sidewayzz
Leaky Injector

like_em_sidewayzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad 2NR View Post

can anyone please tell me the rim and tire specs in the pictures above ?
like_em_sidewayzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #8130
dezzS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dezzS13
Oil

I currently have a 91 240sx with a S14 Ka24de. The motor basically just went over 100,000 miles and I'm driving out to the desert this weekend. Before I go I want to change the oil and do some other necessary things to the car. I usually use Eneos 5w-40. I've been doing some research and I'm thinking I should go with a 10w-30 now, I was thinking about going with this Torco A161033CE SR-1 100% Synthetic Engine Oil 10W-30 1 Liter.

So my questions are: Would it be better to upgrade to a 10w-30 especially with a long trip ahead of me? Is Torco 100% synthetic a good choice to go with?

Thanks for reading!
dezzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote