Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #811
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i guess i'll contribute some
not sure what the exact color is but my dad said its from a newer chrysler, but regardless it's some shade of silver

heres a good looking blue now. original blue from 1972

i don't have any pics, but i' sure you all know what daytona blue looks like. thats the color my hatch will be eventually

the white on my fc is great. original 1990 arctic white

pics don't do it justice, it would fuckin glow in the moonlight

2008 mazda black mica, not sure on the paint code, has a nice flake to it though

and just for fun, rattle can semi gloss black

White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #812
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Does anyone know what either of these colors are?

C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #813
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Blue one is Jack's car. His name used to be AznDoc, now its Jack I think.

Other one is Matt's car but I have no clue how to get ahold of him. The color is ridiculous with flake in it.

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:38 AM   #814
Ofc. Dangle

Ofc. Dangle is an unknown quantity at this point
You can check their forums on www.poweredbymax.net all of those West Slide Connections guys post on there.
Ofc. Dangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #815
sidewayzsx
Leaky Injector

sidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura about
blue one might be a Daytona blue maybe?.. looks really like it
sidewayzsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #816
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Examples of a good choice of blackest black pure colors:

I had an old man who had a GNX in my family's old building when I was still in high school heh'

It's a nice to find blackest black that can be had, I will paint my hatch with this.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #817
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Toyota Black, paint code 202. Blackest black available. Period.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #818
xs240
BANNED

xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the GNX is cooler hehe

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6wtnmdZhE

All black VERY black (hahaha)
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #819
rakooda
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
rakooda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rakooda
Not sure if anyone else posted up this one... but this is the color I'll be going with once I get to that point and time
Color Code 8J5

Just for chits n giggles... I saw this pic and had to post this one up. I think I saw a BMW somewhere in this thread with the same job done...

If I could find this one I'd probably rock this too... (Dont know the color code)
rakooda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #820
rakooda
Zilvia Member

rakooda is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rakooda
Not sure if anyone else posted up this one... but this is the color I'll be going with once I get to that point and time
Color Code 8J5

Just for chits n giggles... I saw this pic and had to post this one up. I think I saw a BMW somewhere in this thread with the same job done...

If I could find this one I'd probably rock this too... (Dont know the color code)
rakooda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #821
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
Need help mixing this color of paint heres a pic of it

RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 AM   #822
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Its house of kolor paint. No clue what its called, but you need coarse silver undercoat before you spray it. Its a three stage paint. And FUCKING expensive.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 AM   #823
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
Yea the paint on that bike looks alot like HoK Root Beer alternative 2 with either platinum silver undercoat or coarse silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #824
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95drifto View Post
Does anyone know what either of these colors are?

Ask Azndoc that's his car.........
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #825
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiizy View Post
Ask Azndoc that's his car.........
His name is Jack on here now.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #826
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter_91 View Post

GOT CAMBER?
wow are you serious? this is a paint thread.
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #827
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13-604 View Post

A similar color could be had with Black base with gold/bronze metallic. Wont look as deep but you'll get a color like that.
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #828
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
A similar color could be had with Black base with gold/bronze metallic. Wont look as deep but you'll get a color like that.

Yea a full bottle of ppg gold pearl for every half to 3/4 gallon of black paint used would yeild that "type" of color, but each bottle of ppg pearl is also about 45-60 dollars each..... nonetheless prob cheaper than HoK
Quote:
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #829
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
wtf? you guys realize this is a paint thread right? 240sx coupes are okay? wow
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #830
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Haha Devon, KuruptR.... I agree completely, i dont think that drifter 91 and jdmKDA86 understand the concept of a paint thread.... luckily there are people like us premies and our wonderful mods to keep them on track.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #831
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstyle1 View Post
Yea a full bottle of ppg gold pearl for every half to 3/4 gallon of black paint used would yeild that "type" of color, but each bottle of ppg pearl is also about 45-60 dollars each..... nonetheless prob cheaper than HoK
Try $100 for a bottle of ppg pearl. I just picked up three last week.

You will never get that color unless you tri-stage with white base, some type of bright coarse silver, and overlay it with the house of kolor candy top coat. Period!

I played around with that one day at the shop and its not possible. You can even scan it with a top of the line scanner to get close enough and try to tint it all you want, it will never be the same, ever. HOK candies are expensive, top of the line, and not replicated without candy coats.

Best picture I have of my custom pearl paint I have right now. Toyota super white with PPG white and blue pearl clear.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #832
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
FAK man spent all day trying to find and rough idea how to get this mixture but no luck
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #833
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
FAK man spent all day trying to find and rough idea how to get this mixture but no luck
Start with black, mix it with a coarse silver until you get a similar color, then add maroon/red/gold pearl to it. That is the closest you will get without candy

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #834
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Try $100 for a bottle of ppg pearl. I just picked up three last week.

You will never get that color unless you tri-stage with white base, some type of bright coarse silver, and overlay it with the house of kolor candy top coat. Period!

I played around with that one day at the shop and its not possible. You can even scan it with a top of the line scanner to get close enough and try to tint it all you want, it will never be the same, ever. HOK candies are expensive, top of the line, and not replicated without candy coats.

Best picture I have of my custom pearl paint I have right now. Toyota super white with PPG white and blue pearl clear.

Haha yea doesnt surprise me that they are like 100 bucks now, last time i bought one was about a year ago and it cost me 60, but my family also owns an auto body shop....

anyway, I would agree with you that the color he wants will be almost impossible to replicate, i've tried it numerous times before and havent come up with any thing close.

Honestly if you really want that color, bite the bullet, and buy the HoK paint, you'll be way more pleased with the quality.
Quote:
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #835
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

almost looks like "Java Black Pearl". but this looks lke it has more copper-ish

-makua[ace]
808_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #836
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Diamont-D403 is a really deep black, no pearl. It is a factory FORD color.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:23 AM   #837
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
you guys should check into the carisma line by diamonte/glassurit.quality is bettre imo price is good and a very extensive line of pearl additives,candies and so forth.i always hated anything from hok! i think its crap but thats just my opinoin.as far as replicating that color,i think some of could get close enough for others to not be able to tell a difference but to get the depth you def neeed to tri coat that shizzy!!

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:48 AM   #838
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
competition white from the type r with some blue pearl.

And "Dead hooker" by me its 6 different colors mixed together it looks blue/purple ish black kinda flops around.

TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #839
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
G35 Silver Metallic

Front bumper and lip that was refinished at the shop.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #840
S13_SideWayz
Leaky Injector

S13_SideWayz can only hope to improve