Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #841
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
At the paint shop (Stock or Modified in VA Beach) looking fresh:

Those SE wheels up front have a 25mm spacer, lol!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #842
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Those SE wheels up front have a 25mm spacer, lol!

Insane!!!!!!

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #843
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Boss. EvenunpaintedonSE's.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #844
colexcore
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
colexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to colexcore
isn't that the trunk originally off tom konig's s14.5? bc i remember dreamworks painted his EXACTLY the same.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #845
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colexcore View Post
isn't that the trunk originally off tom konig's s14.5? bc i remember dreamworks painted his EXACTLY the same.
yeah i picked up toms old car in a trade and ripped it COMPLETELY apart and am rebuilding/restoring it and fixing alot of his jury rigging. in the process knoop wanted a carbon fiber trunk and i wanted a metal one so we traded.

anyway, steven i'm soooooooooooooo stoked to finally see this car finished and one solid color. lol fraternal porsche colored twins.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #846
ARS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ARS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ARS14 Send a message via MSN to ARS14
just read this whole thread over the last hour and it's completely inspiring. All of it is top notch work. Props on the whole build. I wish I had skilled people around me who could/would be willing to help me with my builds. I'm actually doing an LS1 swap into my Porsche as of right now while I decide what I wanna do to my 5spd Vert lol
ARS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #847
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
yaba94070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to yaba94070
nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240sx View Post
Today was the day the s14 ls1 was goin to be on the ground no matter what. Even thought we are having one hell of a winter snow storm that wasnt going to stop me. I fired up the garage heaters and went to work. I got all four corners installed today and tried to set ride height. The rear will go super low and still have enought adjustment for the lower control arms to be parallel with the ground. The front still needs a smaller spring to get the stance we want. Everything is going on smooth with only a few spots that had to get grinded down.

What it looks like outside?

Full shots back on the ground. Front ride height is not set, but you can tell how much more the new tub modifications will allow this car to go.

This is going to be one bad bitch. on the back ground you can see razmus car which is also getting to Re_specGarage love. We are putting a jungle gym inside his car.....lol

Insert LSJUAN!!!

Lower control arm mods to hopefully fix the suspension geometry. Im not an engineer, but it looks like its going to work. It uses a momo ball housing welded to the oem LCA's. We also inserted a spherical bearing to work with a GM ball joint stud. Lots off reasearch went into this to make it work.

Lower control arm angle at this ride height. The new ball joint set up will allow us to adjust the level of the LCA when we decided what the final ride height will be. I know the tire is on the wrong side....

For you west coast hellaflush cats. The east coast knows a little bit about fitment.

The rear still needs to be adjusted at the ball joint. As you can see on a lowered 240 the lca is pointing up. With the GM ball joint and some spacers we will solve that problem. Now you will be able to ride super low and have your LCA in stock location. The rear got some love from Fortune auto s14 coilovers with z32 mounts to fit the z32 rear spindles. If you want great service hit them up. Also a set of spl rear upper camber arms, PBM solid spacers and ofcourse all my attention to detail and mods.

Last picture will be the super angle this car will be getting. I need to run down to lowes tomorrow to see if I can find a bolt and a few spacers to make the tierods work.

major props doing a very similar build right now but your defntly going way beyond subscribed for sure...

Last edited by S14DB; 05-20-2011 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: picture quote
yaba94070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #848
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Thanks guys....I realized I didn't post pictures of my skid plate we made in here:

Its 1/8th inch stainless steel and it bolts to my front subframe, tension rod brackets, and the front frame bar. In addition to protecting my oil pan, the substantial strength of the plate has really tied my whole front end together and made it feel completely different. It feels amazing now! That coupled with the 1/4" I raise the front end, and the alignment, and the new (stickier) front tires has really brought the car to life even more. I can notice a significant difference in front grip and steering feel, and the car is WAY flatter through turns. I can't wait to get it on track!

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #849
colexcore
Zilvia Member

colexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the roughcolexcore is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
yeah i picked up toms old car in a trade and ripped it COMPLETELY apart and am rebuilding/restoring it and fixing alot of his jury rigging. in the process knoop wanted a carbon fiber trunk and i wanted a metal one so we traded.

anyway, steven i'm soooooooooooooo stoked to finally see this car finished and one solid color. lol fraternal porsche colored twins.
he didn't do much aside from installing an SAFC but i am glad that car went to apparently 2 people now :P that know what the fuck they are doing.

Damn steve shit is legit. I remember the days where we thought your gold KA-t S14 with black bumper and hood was the tits. Above and beyond dude. Shit is legit.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #850
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Legit as fuck, lol

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #851
colexcore
Zilvia Member

i remember me and you at ODS in NoVA and you attempting the bank. God those days were so much fun.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #852
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This car 2005 lol WOW!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #853
colexcore
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240sx View Post
This car 2005 lol WOW!!!
yeah talk about massive overhall

stoke auto kouki

to

ballin outta control stretch poke slam LSJuan drift machine!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #854
JDMStanced
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JDMStanced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Paint the car ?
JDMStanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #855
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Car will be in paint for a while. Had to go put some 350Z wheels up front though because apparently my tie rods are spaced down too far to run 16s without rubbing, hahaha. Those are fucking 245/45/18s up front, I only have like 1.5 fingers worth of room before they hit my modified fender beams, lol.

You can see how awesome the 18/16 stagger is, hahaha. You can also see a little work has been started on the fenders.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #856
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
those fenders need alot of work i can imagine
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #857
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Can't wait to see it when it's painted.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #858
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
lbs of bondo...

18/16 stagger is sick. you should rock it.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #859
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to see a pic with the wheels from that 370Z in the background on your S14. How much of a difference did your front fender braces make when you first put them on?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #860
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
which fender braces are those?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #861
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

They are some old school URAS fender braces. I put them on and my front strut bar at the same time, so I can't say which helped more, but it definitely made the front end feel much better.

The skid plate tying my subframe, tension rod brackets, and front frame rail of the car together was a much more significant improvement. Someone should make a front brace that connects the subframe, tension rod bracket, and chassis. A big ass front sway bar helps a ton too.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #862
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
do you have a pic off the skid pad installed. it's really got my attention. I'm sure out weighs a lot. but worth the stiffness. our if you can ms paint what you mean in the post above with it tying everything together. plaplease and thank youe
Old 05-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #863
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
those fenders need alot of work i can imagine
First thing I was thinking myself. Nice to see it finally going in for paint
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #864
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Im so damn excited for this thing to be painted.
I hope it doesn't take toooo long.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #865
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Those fender braces look pretty flimsy, haha.

You have pictures of the finished knuckles? I'm about to modify mine.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #866
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
raging boner here waiting for paint :P
Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #867
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Picking the car up tomorrow to semi-prep it for the show on Sat. Wont be painted, but I decided to fuck with my floor mats.

It took entirely too long, but I'm happy with the outcome. Its too bad Dmax went out of business in the US, because I'm definitely not paying 400-something for the vertex ones.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #868
FLMadness
Zilvia Member

FLMadness is an unknown quantity at this point
they are 400?!!?!

the fender work will look nice.
cant wait to see em after primer!
FLMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #869
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Since I whored up the pictures in the kouki thread and the wheel fitment thread, I might as well whore them up in my own thread:

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #870
FLMadness
Zilvia Member

FLMadness is an unknown quantity at this point
did you figure out a final color?