Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #841
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze240 View Post
am I the guy from VA? if so, thanks for the compliment, and who are you? And I agree with you, I am not a fan of deleting the body line but that red s13 pulled if off.
I don't believe so, the guy who drives that red s13 that was posted above, his name is waldo. lol unless your waldo??!? lol. im steveo, im in Norfolk, drive a juniper green hatch.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #842
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...ighlight=waldo

this is the thread for the red hatch from the kid waldo (bboyoracle) it was his supermade hatch. unless he sold it.....
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #843
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah he parted it out. he went into the vip scene I believe
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #844
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
not really an aero mod or anything i can show that well, but i finally installed my S15 HLSD today!!! god i missed having 2 wheels pushing the car! moves so much better thru turns and from a dig now!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #845
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
not really an aero mod or anything i can show that well, but i finally installed my S15 HLSD today!!! god i missed having 2 wheels pushing the car! moves so much better thru turns and from a dig now!
Must be nice...
Old 04-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #846
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Must be nice...
it was purchased with my last tax return. since im fully licensed again, i get to shell out a huge chunk of change next year at tax time*ugh* so trust me, its not all "that nice". finishing my wheels and HLSD were my last gifts to myself from the government taking my money.

now i just need to get my pesky 02 sensor working, SSR mesh center caps and my power steering line fixed (need to buy a steel braided one instead of the crappy OEM style one) and im done spending money on the car for a while!!! i never thought id say this but im tired of dropping cash on it at the moment hahahah

Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #847
iBlaze240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
iBlaze240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
I don't believe so, the guy who drives that red s13 that was posted above, his name is waldo. lol unless your waldo??!? lol. im steveo, im in Norfolk, drive a juniper green hatch.
Oh okay then. Well, I'm located in Norfolk and also drive a juniper green hatch. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around. I've only seen one other and it's often parked down near the O'reillys off Holland. My name is Weston btw
iBlaze240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #848
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Well, Got it running this weekend! 1992 S13 SR20DET AUTO, Tein/GR2 280ZX Snowflakes on the rear (Fronts hit the calipers, so I need some spacers) 205/60/15. It has a sun fried shitty paint job and it needs a good wash and wet sand. After 5 years with no SR20 boost in my life, it's good to have it back!

ALBUM LINK

Tein coilovers, spacers and rolled fenders to come next, just need to get my ducks in a row...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #849
Phantomjt

Phantomjt is an unknown quantity at this point
Phantomjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #850
chino38
Zilvia Member

chino38 is an unknown quantity at this point
my s13 vert chuki

chino38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #851
xawax
Leaky Injector

xawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the rough
I'm gonna whore this up a bit..

Some throwback and some new...

My first chassis...

Swapped everything over to this chassis...

Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #852
bboyclo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
bboyclo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
here's mine

bboyclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #853
ZERTA RACING
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
ZERTA RACING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I know booey13 has had his car posted a ton with the rear valances that nobody has been able to find but i think i may have found them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240sx-Rare-F...07e27e&vxp=mtr

Sorry if this is old news LOL.

Last edited by ZERTA RACING; 04-24-2014 at 07:54 PM..
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #854
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ugh, those are most likely the replicas that somebody made. I doubt he got his set off ebay.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #855
ZERTA RACING
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
ZERTA RACING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Ugh, those are most likely the replicas that somebody made. I doubt he got his set off ebay.
Just because they are on Ebay does not mean they are "replica" or "fakes", Booey13's are FPR and only mount with double sided tape and look spot on the same.
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #856
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
bunny13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Man, reps are getting crazy expensive. Feeling pretty sorry for the high bidder in that auction.
bunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #857
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
I know booey13 has had his car posted a ton with the rear valances that nobody has been able to find but i think i may have found them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240sx-Rare-F...07e27e&vxp=mtr

Sorry if this is old news LOL.
those are the reps 2 younger guys out in california made. the ones that booey has on his s13 are yet to be identified. they are most likely a one off run that a small shop in japan did (thru all of my searching to figure out who originated them). ive talked to quite a few people who have been in the 240 scene for a LONG time and they basically all said the same thing... it was very common for smaller shops in japan to produce low yield runs of aero parts and that most of the shops doing so didnt label their parts in the fiberglass.

i plan on making something similar to those valances for both the coupe AND hatch, however, they will be an original design, not a copy of something already existing. but first things first, i have to pay off the molds for the aero bumper (of which im almost done doing and i should be working on new parts come June)

Old 04-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #858
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny13 View Post
Man, reps are getting crazy expensive. Feeling pretty sorry for the high bidder in that auction.
keep in mind one thing about replicas of certain parts. there are those out there who produce reps without doing the proper steps to ensure they fit correctly, use materials that arent 100% tried and tested and who dont understand the entire process from start to finish. then there are those who replicate parts to make sure they fit to exacting standards and make sure what is produced always matches what was replicated. i charge what i charge for my parts because they arent cheap to produce and ive put a lot of time into making sure what i sell is the same quality i would personally expect. i know youre all about the "oem or its shit" mentality, but oem is becoming very hard to find in good shape. you wind up spending MORE on restoring the part than the actual part itself. the parts i produce i make sure that the money spent is justified in fitment and quality! i refuse to cut corners and have sub-standard products made. but, again, there are those who look down on people who replicate hard to find parts.

the reps on ebay are decent quality (i own a set from the original batch), however, they are in high demand as there werent many sets produced so it will drive the price up.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #859
phkretschmer
Zilvia Member

phkretschmer has a spectacular aura aboutphkretschmer has a spectacular aura aboutphkretschmer has a spectacular aura aboutphkretschmer has a spectacular aura aboutphkretschmer has a spectacular aura aboutphkretschmer has a spectacular aura about

phkretschmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #860
Penguin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Penguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
16's?
msglgnth
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:12 AM   #861
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
15's. msglngth
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #862
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
bunny13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
keep in mind one thing about replicas of certain parts. there are those out there who produce reps without doing the proper steps to ensure they fit correctly, use materials that arent 100% tried and tested and who dont understand the entire process from start to finish. then there are those who replicate parts to make sure they fit to exacting standards and make sure what is produced always matches what was replicated. i charge what i charge for my parts because they arent cheap to produce and ive put a lot of time into making sure what i sell is the same quality i would personally expect. i know youre all about the "oem or its shit" mentality, but oem is becoming very hard to find in good shape. you wind up spending MORE on restoring the part than the actual part itself. the parts i produce i make sure that the money spent is justified in fitment and quality! i refuse to cut corners and have sub-standard products made. but, again, there are those who look down on people who replicate hard to find parts.

the reps on ebay are decent quality (i own a set from the original batch), however, they are in high demand as there werent many sets produced so it will drive the price up.
Firstly, my comment wasn't directed at you in any fashion. But since you've managed to make this yet again about your products I will say that, in regards to your cutting corners remark, cutting the sill pieces off of your skirts is kind of like cutting a corner in my opinion. That is, considering it is a replica and not an "original" design. Secondly, I'm not all about an "oem or it's shit" mentality, I'm more along the lines of an it's quality or it's shit mentality.

Now, I will ask nicely for you not to delete this comment. Like you always have when someone expresses an opinion about your products that is anything short of getting on their hands and knees. If you are thinking this could have been discussed over on the PM side, well, you're right. But so could all of that up there. ^
bunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #863
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny13 View Post
Firstly, my comment wasn't directed at you in any fashion. But since you've managed to make this yet again about your products I will say that, in regards to your cutting corners remark, cutting the sill pieces off of your skirts is kind of like cutting a corner in my opinion. That is, considering it is a replica and not an "original" design. Secondly, I'm not all about an "oem or it's shit" mentality, I'm more along the lines of an it's quality or it's shit mentality.

Now, I will ask nicely for you not to delete this comment. Like you always have when someone expresses an opinion about your products that is anything short of getting on their hands and knees. If you are thinking this could have been discussed over on the PM side, well, you're right. But so could all of that up there. ^
im pretty sure you read into the entire comment wrong. no offense was meant and it wasnt a personal attack against you. nothing you said was taken personally on my end (though your hands and knees comment wasnt very nice). i was just giving a simple opinion and factual information regarding product quality be it OEM or replica, how you took it is obviously on the offensive side and there is nothing i can do about that simply because tense is hard to get across via text on the internet.

also, the door jamb areas on my skirts are 100% intact just like the OEM piece (seeing as youve probably never visited my website and looked for yourself at the final product). there is a small line traced in the part itself incase anyone would like to trim them. if the customer has no intentions of trimming, then the line can be easily removed with some light sanding using 400 grit sandpaper.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 04-25-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #864
georgeasorous
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
georgeasorous is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s13 chuki

Heres mine!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #865
georgeasorous
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
georgeasorous is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
And another one!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #866
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i havent really done anything new lately... just put my dorkidori V1 valances back on (though theyve been painted since the picture). finally got the car on an alignment rack too! (again, post picture)

Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #867
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Don't know if I should get a diff bumper or just go with a lip.

OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 AM   #868
ChickenFB

ChickenFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally starting to finish up now along way from when it was grey a few pages ago

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 07-15-2014 at 10:18 AM..
ChickenFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #869
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

^^ NOT CHUKI!

we have an aftermarket aero thread for your type of car now...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=558065

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 07-15-2014 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #870
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

not really a mod or aero, but i finally registered my 92 chuki as a classic vehicle

goodbye smog!