Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #841
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok will do...
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #842
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
you said you have a 2.5" flare.

which comes out to be a tad bit wider than my overs.

soooo.

youre gonna need something around the lines of 10.5j -40, or 12j -22

with around -4.5 camber.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #843
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
you said you have a 2.5" flare.

which comes out to be a tad bit wider than my overs.

soooo.

youre gonna need something around the lines of 10.5j -40, or 12j -22

with around -4.5 camber.

I'd reccomend a less aggressive offset with less camber. There is absolutely no point to -4.5 degrees. On a 10.5 I'd say something closer to a 0 offset or maybe a few mil positive with like 2.5 degrees camber. That's a much more useable set-up.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #844
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I'd reccomend a less aggressive offset with less camber. There is absolutely no point to -4.5 degrees. On a 10.5 I'd say something closer to a 0 offset or maybe a few mil positive with like 2.5 degrees camber. That's a much more useable set-up.
Or even less camber -1.4 or so
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #845
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Fail!! ahahah
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #846
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I've read that running more than 4* of negative camber is detrimental to any suspension set up.

Usually I'm not one to hate on dumb alignments but -4 is pretty dumb and excessive.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #847
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
re-read my post.

it sounds like i was saying he needs X size with -4.5 degrees.

what i meant was.

he needs X size if he runs -4.5 degrees camber,

which is pretty much stock RUCAs maxed outwards at a decent ride height. which just happens to be my situation as of now, as sad as it is, but hey its better than when i was running -7 degrees back when i had stock body quarter panels. haha.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #848
motegineon
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to motegineon Send a message via MSN to motegineon
17x9 +45 with 20mm...i hope ur plannin on stretchin some 195's because theres no way theyre clearing the fenders..
motegineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #849
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
re-read my post.

what i meant was.

which is pretty much stock RUCAs maxed outwards at a decent ride height. which just happens to be my situation as of now, as sad as it is, but hey its better than when i was running -7 degrees back when i had stock body quarter panels. haha.

I'm calling bullshit. stock rucas maxed out will get no where NEAR -4.5 degrees camber.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #850
motegineon

motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
yea me too!

yuta ur such a kidder..
Old 02-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #851
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_sil8t View Post
stich 17 by 9 +45 10mm spacer pulled rears
17 by 8 +35 10mm

You should sell me those for the S2k...

So I dont break teh rules.. not my car
Old 02-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #852
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sliders562 Send a message via Yahoo to Sliders562

GET DOWN & DIRTY with the Single Slammer

Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #853
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tang View Post
You should sell me those for the S2k...

So I dont break teh rules.. not my car
this is the wheel fitment whore thread, not the picture thread.
so Ironically, you did actually break the rules LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #854
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
I'm calling bullshit. stock rucas maxed out will get no where NEAR -4.5 degrees camber.
well right now i have stock RUCAs

my car is decently low.

last alignment i got, i maxed out the RUCAs to be as positive as we could get them and even them out and they came out to be -4.5*.

so you're saying that stock RUCAs wont allow enough adjustment to bring camber back to -4.5? but how could you say that without knowing how low my car is? i could bring the camber back to 0 if i raised my car enough.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #855
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Jon did you go rally racing??? xD
Old 02-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #856
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by motegineon View Post
17x9 +45 with 20mm...i hope ur plannin on stretchin some 195's because theres no way theyre clearing the fenders..
i have added 2.5 of flare. my friend was running 17 by 7 +40 with a 245 45 17 and they was tons of room. ill just have to get everything together
thanks for the help.
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #857
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
17x7 +40 w/ a 245/45/17 tire?

Battle of the Bulge?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #858
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
17x7 +40 w/ a 245/45/17 tire?

Battle of the Bulge?
That's a stupid size, he probably had so much tire rollover his lips were scraping the ground.

Stock Mustang wheel size is 17x8 +30 with a 245 and the tire STILL looks huge.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #859
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
re-read my post.

what i meant was.

If stock ruca's could be adjusted to -4.5 deg why do companies make aftermarket adjustable ruca's? Because stock ruca's CAN'T be adjusted that much. Do your homework so you won't post bullshit info.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #860
motegineon

yea basically with the car sitting on the ground its definately possible..they make aftermarket to hit negative floor while being able to not have to slam the car super low..
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #861
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
yea basically with the car sitting on the ground its definately possible..they make aftermarket to hit negative floor while being able to not have to slam the car super low..
Exactly. A car sitting on the ground is undriveable for the most part Well, I guess some people here will actually attempt to roll that way

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #862
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pr0ject TRUENO
Quote:
well right now i have stock RUCAs

my car is decently low.

last alignment i got, i maxed out the RUCAs to be as positive as we could get them and even them out and they came out to be -4.5*.

so you're saying that stock RUCAs wont allow enough adjustment to bring camber back to -4.5? but how could you say that without knowing how low my car is? i could bring the camber back to 0 if i raised my car enough.
actually 4.5deg is possible on stock RUCAS so i agree with you

it all depends on how low your car is and what your current suspension geometry is

i had over 6 degrees of camber on stock RUCAS when I first lowered my car

i have an alignment sheet if you guys doubt me

http://www.norcaldrift.org
pr0ject TRUENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #863
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
If stock ruca's could be adjusted to -4.5 deg why do companies make aftermarket adjustable ruca's? Because stock ruca's CAN'T be adjusted that much. Do your homework so you won't post bullshit info.
what if the alignment wasn't zeroed to begin with before the alignment?

i had 6 degrees before my alignment, then got it down to 3 degrees. after i got my RUCAS i was able to zero them out as i pleased.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #864
ant_s13
Leaky Injector

ant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i see adjustable arms as a means of winding out camber more than anything, that's what i used mine for.
ant_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #865
motegineon

ok homework has been done so everyone quit whining and post more pictures!

just for picage here was mine while installing tie rods the other day

Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #866
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #867
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject TRUENO View Post
actually 4.5deg is possible on stock RUCAS so i agree with you

it all depends on how low your car is and what your current suspension geometry is

i had over 6 degrees of camber on stock RUCAS when I first lowered my car

i have an alignment sheet if you guys doubt me
thank you. (i also have an alignment sheet)

i actually had -6.8 degrees of camber on stock RUCAs at one point.

i was always under the impression that after market RUCAs were to correct camber over a wider range where stock RUCAs cannot. at my current ride height my camber is pretty much maxed outwards on stock RUCAs, if i wanted 0 camber i would need aftermarket RUCAs, shit if i wanted -3* i would need aftermarket RUCAs.

this has nothing to do with homework, everything i say comes from personal experience.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #868
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
i was always under the impression that after market RUCAs were to correct camber over a wider range where stock RUCAs cannot.
EXACTLY.

I was running 6 degrees of camber in the rear with stock RUCAS, but that doesn't mean I could zero it out. Thats why I got aftermarket RUCAS.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #869
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

OK enough arguing, you dumbasses are gonna get this thread locked.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #870
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
jookybanana are you coming to Golden Gardens? I wanna see your car, I'm like obsessed with it, so cleaaaaaan!
1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote