Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #841
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
well i finally got around to finish the honda b series ramhorn style turbo manifold.

FYI, this is my very first turbo manifold ive ever done. The results came out better than i expected it to. the flanges need to be taken in to be resurfaced still.

had a lot of fun doing this and gained a lot more experience, and knowledge. just need more practice, cant wait to do another one!!

most importantly, critique this for me and give me any info on how i can improve

here are the pics. Enjoy!! (sorry there not the best looking pics)

DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #842
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dude this thing, looks way better than a lot of stuff that is sold on the market...
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #843
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_russian_one View Post
dude this thing, looks way better than a lot of stuff that is sold on the market...
hehe thanks, wanted to start out with fabbing manifolds for the honda cause i know it will sell easy, considering that its one of the biggest markets for selling parts.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #844
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
^^^are you a machine??
Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #845
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisEpyon View Post
hehe thanks, wanted to start out with fabbing manifolds for the honda cause i know it will sell easy, considering that its one of the biggest markets for selling parts.
What's the ID and wall thickness you used for piping?
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #846
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
What's the ID and wall thickness you used for piping?
304L sch.10 1 1/2
Old 08-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #847
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
beautiful manifold man, if i had fab skills i'd be dipping into the honda market as well, very good business plan bro
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #848
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
ok, finally got all my jet pics loaded to my photobucket. if you all wanna see them, here they are...http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/ClownyMelonBalls/jet%20engine/?albumview=slideshow
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #849
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I just got finished re-doing the front half of this cage on a buddy's miata. He got nailed from the side during practise/tandum runs at VIR. I did the cage in the crash too, and it almost certainly saved him some personal injuries. I was able to spend a lot more time on this one, he is a tall skinny fool, so i tried to give him as much room as possible and make it tight on the body of the car.

YouTube - USDRIFT TEASER.

alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #850
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Amazing manifold. Really impressive for your first one.

Cool door bars in that miata. Looks like I would even have some elbow room.

Heres a small update on a small project.

I made some sweet little dimple died chassis braces for the fc the other day.

God I love Dimple die flare holes.

More crazy dimpled things coming soon.

Ohh yea. I almost forgot. Here is what happens when your ls1 had been previously rebuild from another owner. He rebuilt it because the valves hit some of the pistons.

Well the 2 pistons that had been hit by the intake valves he did not replace.

End result is both broken ringlands right underneath where the valves had hit.

Still made 488 rwhp at only 9 psi. lol

1000 hp build pics coming soon.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #851
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Came out real nice brent, hopefully the next one you do should take 1/4 the time......Where do you have it for sale at???honda-tech?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #852
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys,

yes honda-tech is one of the places i have it posted up.

if you help me sell it matt, the faster i can buy your stuff
Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 AM   #853
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

nice step by step pics blu808, ive always wondered how those indent holes were made.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #854
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Talking

Quote:
nice step by step pics blu808, ive always wondered how those indent holes were made.
with brake rotors apparently lol.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #855
sillyvia13
BANNED

sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
dang.
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #856
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyvia13 View Post
dang.
ooooooooooooooh twincharged KA!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #857
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Work in progress, but working on my RB25 intake mani....

Its got a round endcap, smooth transition out of the tbody, and ported runner entrances. I wanted to keep runner length up for torque, so I used as much of the OEM runner as possible. Just need to tap it for vac ports and finish polishing + throttle cable bracket!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #858
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh Gav, everything in your build thread Defines the word "fabrication"
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #859
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks for the compliments, but just about everything in this thread is > than my fab!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #860
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post

Its got a round endcap, smooth transition out of the tbody, and ported runner entrances. I wanted to keep runner length up for torque, so I used as much of the OEM runner as possible. Just need to tap it for vac ports and finish polishing + throttle cable bracket!

Thats really nice. Do you have any pictures of it being made?
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #861
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

I didn't have it during most of the work, but ill try and take pics of the rest of the work, and the inside as well...gonna be doing something slick with the water neck too!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #862
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Twincharged KA !!!

I gotta see vids of this, I'd love to do this !
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #863
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
So I made a custom front mount setup for martins Rb25 s13. Here are some pics along the way.

Turned out pretty sweet!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #864
luisgonz
BANNED

luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Are these like the ebay piping kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
So I made a custom front mount setup for martins Rb25 s13. Here are some pics along the way.

Turned out pretty sweet!
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #865
blu808
Post Whore!

Yes and no. Its a ebay kit for an s14 that I hacked up, and rewelded to fit that engine.

Luke
Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #866
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Thought you guys might enjoy this: Subaru Rally Team USA - Rally Car Timelapse
It's the guys at Vermont Sports Car building up an open class Subaru WRX for Rally America in 800 man hours.

And since this car is about your own person car fab, and I haven't dove into my car quite yet... Here's what me and my redneck friends made, a portable BBQ grill trailer out of the front end of Matt's dead 80's Toyota Celica!
Car-B-Q | Facebook

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com

Last edited by Rennen; 08-14-2008 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: spelling
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #867
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
^that subaru video was aweseom. the celica bbq if even cooler
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #868
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
So i did some stainless welding today just a little plate for my friend

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #869
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post

guy at my work has a IM he made thats just like that, except he used like 4" tube.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #870
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Did this aluminum pipe for my friend today
it's a Z32 lower radiator hose, ima make one for myself tomorrow during lunch ha ha

it was T6-6061 aluminum with 4043 rod. no Helium =( need to go reload on that tomorrow as well.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote