Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #8851
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoRiley View Post
my s13 hatch. slowly getting all the interior back in. Except the back seat, because fuck those.
Sorry for Shitty photos.
Who let STR8 H8IN make another user name?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #8852
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^ do you ever contribute to this forum, or do you just talk shit for no apparent reason? You clutter up every thread with your bullshit, I don't think it's funny

@1gr8bar10der
What floor mats are those? They look nicer than the Weapon R ones, but those are the only ones I recall seeing with the smaller checkers. Different from the bigger ones on Dmax, Karoism, etc
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:19 PM   #8853
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWhore View Post
Anyone have any methods to clean a S13 Headliner?

Debating on cleaning or just dying black.
Also, I pulled my s13 headliner and sprayed it with black (duplicolor I believe) fabric spray paint. It turned out really well, I was so surprised. Still looks great actually, this was several years ago.
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:14 AM   #8854
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post

@1gr8bar10der
What floor mats are those? They look nicer than the Weapon R ones, but those are the only ones I recall seeing with the smaller checkers. Different from the bigger ones on Dmax, Karoism, etc

They're just dmax knockoffs I got a few years ago lol. Couldn't justify paying $200 for a set of dmax and I got burned from someone on here trying to buy a set of oem mats. So I said forget it and decided to get this one for the low (it was like $75 for the whole set). Turned out pretty good and I've been very happy about it [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #8855
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
^ do you ever contribute to this forum, or do you just talk shit for no apparent reason? You clutter up every thread with your bullshit, I don't think it's funny

@1gr8bar10der
phase 2 motor trend has some now.... 70$ range
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #8856
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Coco Mats start at $175 for a pair of custom mats.

Super luxury quality. Their primary focus is vintage European sports cars, 911s, BMWs and Mercedes Benz.

Chequers are $220 for a set, Coco $180. They offer material samples and have hundreds of options and combination.

Mmmmm knitted wool.

Basic matts are natural rubber and Angenjo yarn. Sewn by hand in South Carolina. It doesn't get more badass then this.

www.cocomats.com
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #8857
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Super luxury quality. Their primary focus is vintage European sports cars, 911s, BMWs and Mercedes Benz.

Chequers are $220 for a set, Coco $180. They offer material samples and have hundreds of options and combination.

Mmmmm knitted wool.

Basic matts are natural rubber and Angenjo yarn. Sewn by hand in South Carolina. It doesn't get more badass then this.

www.cocomats.com
One day...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #8858
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
The Garage Moon Power mats I got are actually pretty nice. Probably not on par with the luxury custom makes of COCO but for something that isn't DMAX money, it's a good alternative.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #8859
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
The Garage Moon Power mats I got are actually pretty nice. Probably not on par with the luxury custom makes of COCO but for something that isn't DMAX money, it's a good alternative.

Oh Garage Moon Power....
Old 11-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #8860
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

Mmmmm knitted wool.

www.cocomats.com
These are amazing. Maybe I should add them to my mental wish list.

Last edited by MJenkins1101; 11-16-2016 at 01:11 PM..
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:18 AM   #8861
StrawhatRR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
StrawhatRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Never thought I would say thank you to the mustang guy- but thank you.

Been searching far and wide for some cool checkered floor mats for my GDB in LHD. Which don't exist because Subaru people are losers with no sense of style. You may have ended my search!
StrawhatRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #8862
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Since we're talking about floor mats Anyone tired version select s13 floor mats ?
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #8863
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Rod_s13 View Post
Since we're talking about floor mats Anyone tired version select s13 floor mats ?

Aren't they the same thing as Weapon R's?

I had a sent, lasted like 3 months. With no heal pad they wear super fast. The vinyl back also became brittle and busted apart.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #8864
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawhatRR View Post
Never thought I would say thank you to the mustang guy- but thank you.

Been searching far and wide for some cool checkered floor mats for my GDB in LHD. Which don't exist because Subaru people are losers with no sense of style. You may have ended my search!

I'd imagine if they didn't have a template on file you could make one out of paper/cardboard and send it to them.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #8865
TheBoRiley

Trader Rating: (0)
TheBoRiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Dude Garage Moon Power is awesome. my friend has a set in his Z and inspired me to get some haha. Their designs are very cool.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #8866
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
How are they holding up and how well do they fit the footwell? I've had Weapon Rs in the past as well and ruined them rather quickly.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #8867
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Lock on! -- I can vouch for Garage Moon Power mats. Had mine since April and where my heel rests, the fabric has come out a tiny bit. But not noticeable. Plus they look cool and I'm pretty sure they make different limited run mats from time to time.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #8868
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Niceee, that'll probably be my solution for coolish sub $100 mats. Thanks
Old 11-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #8869
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

They have a ton of designs ranging from subtle to obnoxious. They don't have a heel pad or any of the features the higher spectrum have but for what they are [which is a sub-$100 mat], they work. The designs are dyed pretty well and they're handcrafted with the most gentle hands down city Chinese sweatshops have to offer. Mostly every design has color options, too. They do take a bit to get as most are made to order but if you don't need them immediately i.e. over the winter, during an extensive build, etc. then they're worth the buy.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #8870
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Kamycakes is on a distinguished road
Kamycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #8871
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I had a set in my last car, looked pretty cool but were really thin and liked to move around. The little plastic spikes things on the bottom that hold them to the floor don't grip very well. It was annoying enough to make me not want another set.

Quote:
Aren't they the same thing as Weapon R's?

I had a sent, lasted like 3 months. With no heal pad they wear super fast. The vinyl back also became brittle and busted apart.
I also had a set of weapon r mats, they lasted about a year before they got so nasty that I just threw them out. That was back when I was in college and daily drove my 240 though, they would probably last me forever now since I rarely drive the 240.

I actually just purchased a set of the checker mats from Phase2. I haven't got a chance to put them in the car yet since its at the shop being painted but so far I've been impressed by the quality. They're thicker then the version select mats and have a pretty sturdy feeling heel pad. Best part is they were only $67 shipped!
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:12 PM   #8872
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I actually just purchased a set of the checker mats from Phase2. I haven't got a chance to put them in the car yet since its at the shop being painted but so far I've been impressed by the quality. They're thicker then the version select mats and have a pretty sturdy feeling heel pad. Best part is they were only $67 shipped![/QUOTE]

Can you post pictures when you could please. Anyone know if the Dmax floor mats are ready that much better than the other options?
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #8873
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
I actually just purchased a set of the checker mats from Phase2. I haven't got a chance to put them in the car yet since its at the shop being painted but so far I've been impressed by the quality. They're thicker then the version select mats and have a pretty sturdy feeling heel pad. Best part is they were only $67 shipped!
Can you post pictures when you could please. Anyone know if the Dmax floor mats are ready that much better than the other options?[/QUOTE]

The DMAX mats are good quality but the reason they're expensive is the fact it has a DMAX logo on it. Shipping plays a role but with quality brands, you pay a quality premium even if it isn't something made in house like mats. I had a chassis come with them a while back and while they were used, they were meh. The heel pad is actually cloth and separated pretty easily from the mat. Mine were that light gray with black checkers and they looked like dump a few weeks later. It's probably the last time I spend that kind of money on something that's only function is to keep your heels from melting or dirt accumulating in the pedal pan.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #8874
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Can you post pictures when you could please. Anyone know if the Dmax floor mats are ready that much better than the other options?

If you are going to drop $200, I'd just buy the domestically sourced, hand made custom designed luxury mats. (Coco Mats)

You can request material samples for $1 per color.

DMax is really just a "zomfg Nippon!!" Weeboo thing. Before I sold my S13 I was looking at getting Phase2 Arms, according to them, they are the same as DMAX arms.

If you look at the catalog, Phase2 is basically selling everything DMAX does. It wouldn't surprise me if they are sharing the same Chinese supplier.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #8875
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

You can only make control arms so many different ways until they're the same. The joints generally are what separates one brand from another - and even now, they're all going to the same person these days. At this point, you pay for the name and not the quality with the exception of a very, very select few.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #8876
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
If you are going to drop $200, I'd just buy the domestically sourced, hand made custom designed luxury mats. (Coco Mats)

You can request material samples for $1 per color.

DMax is really just a "zomfg Nippon!!" Weeboo thing. Before I sold my S13 I was looking at getting Phase2 Arms, according to them, they are the same as DMAX arms.

If you look at the catalog, Phase2 is basically selling everything DMAX does. It wouldn't surprise me if they are sharing the same Chinese supplier.
Your argument would be more sound if you didn't resort to name calling.

I will say that the DMAX mats are okay. My friend has two pairs. I guess we do pay that price for the name stamp.

Coco mats are probably the USA equivalent of Karoism mats in Japan.

Coco are SUPER nice and they're distinguishable and unique.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #8877
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

I will say that the DMAX mats are okay. My friend has two pairs. I guess we do pay that price for the name stamp.

I didn't call anyone names?

DMax is made in China. That's not name calling.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #8878
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Coco mats are the one... my Dmax mats will be for sale once I pull the trigger on a set of Coco mats
Old 11-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #8879
StrawhatRR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
StrawhatRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

Karoism from what I've heard is superb quality.
Not to go back to my sob story about no support for my crappy chassis- but I was looking into Karoism as they make custom mats and I could get LHD, but would've been a little over $500 for a 4pc set.
StrawhatRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #8880
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Maroons is wayyyyy wayyy up
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote