Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #61
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I can't afford those tires. Those are the size of my front tires too.

Camera setup is pretty much done. I just need to borrow a camera from my gf.
Need to put some air in the tires, get the BBQ equipment together, then pick up some fresh fuel.

So stoked!

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #62
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Alright so the BBQ is a 100% go. Looks like there will be at least 15 of us at the track. =]

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #63
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
mounting tires tmrw.
got another relay overnighted to me, praying to the racing gods my car starts tmrw
:[
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #64
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
That was A LOT of fun!

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #65
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

That was definitely the most intense track day I've had yet. I never drove my car as hard as today.

It may be a while till I get any footage up. Maybe even weeks. So bar with me. I still need to collect everybody's photos and videos (like Criag's footage if he has any of us).

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #66
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Dude, I can meet up with you at Poly or osmething to get the GoPro video of my car from that last session. I know you got a ton of footage, so lemme unload some of that footage from you, haha

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #67
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
damn Joel, after a ride along in your car, I have a whole new respect for you. That was AWSOME!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #68
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Dude, I can meet up with you at Poly or osmething to get the GoPro video of my car from that last session. I know you got a ton of footage, so lemme unload some of that footage from you, haha
It would be a little inconvenient for me because I have a super tight schedule during the week. Working from 4AM to 9AM. School from 10AM to 3PM. Back to work from 4PM to 7PM. It would have to be on a Saturday. Sorry man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
damn Joel, after a ride along in your car, I have a whole new respect for you. That was AWSOME!!!
Lol. Thanks man. I honestly didn't push as hard as I did in the last session with Jorge. I mean, you saw my rotors smoking, lol. When do you need your GoPro and Generator back? Thanks for bringing them.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #69
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
It would be a little inconvenient for me because I have a super tight schedule during the week. Working from 4AM to 9AM. School from 10AM to 3PM. Back to work from 4PM to 7PM. It would have to be on a Saturday. Sorry man.

Lol. Thanks man. I honestly didn't push as hard as I did in the last session with Jorge. I mean, you saw my rotors smoking, lol. When do you need your GoPro and Generator back? Thanks for bringing them.
Ah gotcha. Weekend it is then. Just lemme know when you're free.
And man, that last session was indeedn intense. I was hopping over birms like no other just trying to make up for my power disadvantage hahaha.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #70
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Lmao! Thanks to you hopping birms, we wouldn't have shortened our lap time from 2:32 to 2:13.

Hey, I found that photographer's website: Vanhap.com

DUDE!! Our pictures from the TeamDriftChampionship event are in there too!! Hahaha.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #71
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Haha yeah! But man, pricey!

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #72
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

Wish my car was running and more moniez.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #73
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Haha yeah! But man, pricey!
I suppose. You're getting about 40 pictures (Even though every 3 or 4 pictures are the same from the multi-burst).

I think I'll get them.

The guy said he is putting all our Saturday pictures up tomorrow. Can't wait to see those. I hope there are a bunch with us battling. If not, I'll be sure to bug him for those and add them to my disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post

Wish my car was running and more moniez.
There's always next time man! I won't be going for a while. I'll most likely participate after spring break comes around.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #74
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I keep telling myself that... Car hasn't seen a track since '08 since things just keep coming up.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #75
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:

There's always next time man! I won't be going for a while. I'll most likely participate after spring break comes around.
I think I'll be running by then.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #76
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
how are the brakes on everyones car's holding up after the track event, do you normally change your pads and rotors after a track day? Or does the driving not get that intense that you're worried about pad and rotor wear/warpage?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #77
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
ive had the same brakes on my car for 5 track events and daily driving of many miles.

its fine.

but alot of times after a track event friends cars have warped rotors. depends on car to car and driver to driver
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #78
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
how are the brakes on everyones car's holding up after the track event, do you normally change your pads and rotors after a track day? Or does the driving not get that intense that you're worried about pad and rotor wear/warpage?
My rotors were warped before I got to the track, lmao.
But seriously, track events don't usually wear out the pads as much as you think. Hell, my car abuses brakes on the track, but they still last me more than 6 months. Just gotta get the right street/ track pad set up. And as long as you don't come to a full stop while on the brakes, you're not gonna warp them.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #79
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I guess just seeing the posts by my honda friends about always changing rotors and pads every track day kinda turns me off from the whole thing. But I'll try to register for the next event and pop simones cherry.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #80
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess just seeing the posts by my honda friends about always changing rotors and pads every track day kinda turns me off from the whole thing. But I'll try to register for the next event and pop simones cherry.
If you run super aggressive track pads, then yeah, I'd be swapping too. Those pads are really abrasive, loud, and really dusty. I'd hate to street drive on them. However a good street/ track pads will still do the job on track, and drive you home in comfort. As well as not eat up your rotors.
Two brands that come to mind are Project Mu and Endless, pads I've had experience with. I had my rear pads last over a year. The rotors with those pads lasted over 2 years. My front pads lasted 8 months. The front rotors, 2 years as well.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #81
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think I'll be running by then.
Sweet! I get to instruct you!! Hehehe

Quote:
I'm using R33 GTS-T brakes with DBA4000 rotors in the front and OEM rotors in the back with stock pads. Because my car nearly weighs 900lbs less than Edgars, I can brake just as hard and aggressive as he can. The rotors are not warped yet. Been using them since I finished putting the car back together last year. They are super quiet. It's a must to have slotted or else you'll suffer from brake fade.

Quote:
Yea, what Edgar said. Most of the Honda guys don't increase their brake size. They just get more abrasive pads, which means higher braking temperatures, resulting in rotor warping.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #82
articdragon192
Post Whore!

I run blanks with minimal fade. You don't really need slotted.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #83
Vatche
Post Whore!

Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
you dont need slotted.

i was always told to get blanks.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #84
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

I meant for daily use with OEM pads, then going and racing with them. (Which was my original intention with this car). Slotted = Must!! You guys aren't using OEM pads! Lol.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #85
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Oh I put a few pics on my FB. I'll wait till I get home to put some up on Photobucket.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #86
Vatche
Post Whore!

oem pads for track is dumb. they fade right away. :P
Old 09-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #87
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

I must be a special case then, cus I'm still braking harder than you guys anyway. Lol

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #88
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
where

are

the

pictars!?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #89
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
^^You have a SA05 helmet? Awesome, I'll pm you my number. Let me know if I can stop by tonight.
im so late on this...oops
Quote:
Wow, R comps. Nice. Hope you're experienced enough for them
and they were 125 for the pair. i drove 120 miles to pick em up. definitely worth it. ive never ran the car with performance tires, just all season left overs from america tire co.

how did everyone do???
Old 09-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #90
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Quote:
Lmao! Thanks to you hopping birms, we wouldn't have shortened our lap time from 2:32 to 2:13.

Hey, I found that photographer's website: Vanhap.com

DUDE!! Our pictures from the TeamDriftChampionship event are in there too!! Hahaha.
that is pretty awesome.
i went from 2:21 to 2:10 after putting newER rear tires and learning lines.
first time at BW and im in love