Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #61
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80d View Post

imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 03:52 AM   #62
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garofalory View Post
how does that look like $900? Maybe you should look at the pictures again. Looks like a $150 job.
No, it looks like a $900 job, and the fact that you don't know the difference is the first problem.

Quote:
yes... why does that matter?
How do you ask ^^^ this, and then say this:
Quote:
that's the thing though, I DID see pix of his previous work and it came out fine. Being a kid (18) he took advantage of me and the fact I paid in full.
Looks like you already knew the answer.

You've been had, dealing with a non-business with no written contract of any sort. You'd do best to talk to the person who painted your car and hope he has it on his heart to make it right.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #63
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugged View Post
Starts at 1:44
damn straight, glad you caught onto that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
You've been had, dealing with a non-business with no written contract of any sort. You'd do best to talk to the person who painted your car and hope he has it on his heart to make it right.
next quote.......... of what you need to say to your painter if you want him to respray it

"want some cheezeburgers maaaan? i suck yo DICK"

i have a serious question though. anyone else here want to see what this dudes car looked like BEFORE he paid him? lets see the before and after. maybe his car was a total heap and now he's expecting a miracle.

gotta pay to play, BRUH
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #64
Markyboi7500

Trader Rating: (0)
Markyboi7500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol ^

Getting my 180 sprayed in the next couple of weeks, as this young guy I have contemplated going cheap but after seeing this I think I'll pay the extra 1k (at least) to get a good paint job.

But would have to agree with the others on here... Your fucked no paper work means there's no proof.

This garage could just turn around and say that they have never seen you before, sorry to say
Markyboi7500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #65
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
next quote.......... of what you need to say to your painter if you want him to respray it

"want some cheezeburgers maaaan? i suck yo DICK"
Theres only two possible scenarios that can happen after you say that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYoUGkQJI64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-_KlY5WaE
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #66
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You know whats the best part about this...I dont think he even talked to the painter and confronted him about the paint job. Maybe the guy was drunk when he painted the car, had a family emergency and didnt have the time to take care of it so he cut corners. He's not gonna get his money back, might as well try to see if he'd redo the paint job. It can't possibly look worst than it is now. Fuck, I'd do the prep job on it and have the guy atleast repaint the shit.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #67
Tle1993
Zilvia Member

Tle1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Hmm...over $3k and they didnt take the glass off? We got a shop out here called Stock or Modified in VB that does awesome job, their paint starts off at around that price. I have yet to see a car come out of there that looks like poopies. Unfortunately, I'll never afford that shit...plus with my luck, I'll have a drunk driver plow into the car 5 hrs after I get it out of paint.
stock and modified is almost done with my s30! there fucking great and amazing and worth every penny!!!
Tle1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #68
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Again, what did you expect from a $900 paint job? Just be glad its the same color...

Quote:
how does that look like $900? Maybe you should look at the pictures again. Looks like a $150 job.
there's no such thing as a $150 paint job. if anything, it looks like a $400-600 maaco/earl scheib paint job that you paid $950 for and received.

Quote:
i have a serious question though. anyone else here want to see what this dudes car looked like BEFORE he paid him? lets see the before and after. maybe his car was a total heap and now he's expecting a miracle.
i would be curious what it looked like before. it was probably multicolor primered or oxidized paint and what he got is 100 times better.

unfortunately, he was expecting his car to look like jdmrice's car after his $950 paintjob.

Quote:
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #69
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
There such thing as a 150 dollar paint job. I did this one behind my house for less than 150

sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #70
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
At least you knew that it would turn out like shit as opposed to OP paying $950 for shitty not really close to WV2 job.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #71
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
You know whats the best part about this...I dont think he even talked to the painter and confronted him about the paint job. Maybe the guy was ......
fuck that.... confronted or not, the shop sucks - the end. how much time, money and heart-ache do you guys like to spend with shops that suck? there is that slim chance that maybe the guy will make it better... but theres also the chance that your car could sit there longer, wheels could get stolen, car could get stolen, etc etc etc.... you're dealing with IDIOTS, move on. just like how guys stay in a relationship when the bitch is psyco... "duuuh well maybe she'll change... shes been good lately" yeah but the fucking whore just dumped a gallon of paint on your car last week. seriously.... MOVE ON. drama comes when you deal with shitty shops. when you deal with good shops, the only thing you need to worry about is paying the bill.

Quote:

There such thing as a 150 dollar paint job. I did this one behind my house for less than 150
and it shows. dude... the fucking car looks busted. it looks like my 9 year old nephew drew on it.

i dont get it... how fucking retarded do you guys make your cars out to be. its a fucking car, its NOT a missle... its not an american v8 powered racecar from the 60s, its not a military plane, its a fucking piece of shit 20 year old faded nissan.

im embarrassed saying i own the same car as you guys.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #72
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^ jesus...let people be unique. Not like you are what they originally marketed the car to. Plus...our missles....JAPS throw this shit away like it's disposable. I'm pretty sure Chevy didn't make the 69 camaro SS and thought it would be the best looking Camaro ever built.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #73
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So just because the Japanese throw these cars away, its okay for us to do so? Guess we have the same amount of access to RWD cars like they do. Plus lets not put into consideration how much S-chassis were sold in Japan compared to the US.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #74
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrush View Post
exactly. time is money, you didnt pay money, you cant expect to get labor time. now you're gonna threaten to take away the dudes method of making income because YOU didnt have the sense to pay the price for quality work? thats just ridiculous.
This "dude", from what I gather, is running a business without a license which is definitely illegal so I wouldn't lose sleep over him getting fined or arrested. This brings me to my next point: You knew this guy wasn't licensed and you still took your car there? You're lucky he didn't take your money and car and disappear.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #75
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Hate on my missle all you want. It is a complete car. That was assemble for 3000 that I really don't give a shit about. All left over high quality parts and again I don't give a shit about it. Funniest thing I did in the car is crash it into my neighbors wall ebrake sliding the corner in my alley way after drinking 12 miller highlives
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #76
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
garofalory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
This "dude", from what I gather, is running a business without a license which is definitely illegal so I wouldn't lose sleep over him getting fined or arrested. This brings me to my next point: You knew this guy wasn't licensed and you still took your car there? You're lucky he didn't take your money and car and disappear.
To set things straight, I found out he didn't have a license a few days ago when I started looking up stuff. So I did not know he was not licensed. Since he isn't, he will deff get the BAR shoved in his face. No doubt. I'll let you guys know what's up in a few days. It's happened to him before (had someone look him up in the legal books) and he fled, but they found him. Sure the same thing will happen to me, but I'll eventually get my money.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #77
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
fuck that.... confronted or not, the shop sucks - the end. how much time, money and heart-ache do you guys like to spend with shops that suck? there is that slim chance that maybe the guy will make it better... but theres also the chance that your car could sit there longer, wheels could get stolen, car could get stolen, etc etc etc.... you're dealing with IDIOTS, move on. just like how guys stay in a relationship when the bitch is psyco... "duuuh well maybe she'll change... shes been good lately" yeah but the fucking whore just dumped a gallon of paint on your car last week. seriously.... MOVE ON. drama comes when you deal with shitty shops. when you deal with good shops, the only thing you need to worry about is paying the bill.

and it shows. dude... the fucking car looks busted. it looks like my 9 year old nephew drew on it.

i dont get it... how fucking retarded do you guys make your cars out to be. its a fucking car, its NOT a missle... its not an american v8 powered racecar from the 60s, its not a military plane, its a fucking piece of shit 20 year old faded nissan.

im embarrassed saying i own the same car as you guys.

How deep is the stick up your ass? Relax, if you hate the 240's so much, why are you on here? Clearly you can't appreciate cars.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #78
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
If you came to me for a $950 paint job and complained about the quality i would laugh at u and go inside thats if i were even to bother with it for that cheap. what you kids do not understand is a quality paint job is time not some thing u want to cheap out on or do a rush job and plus a single stage is always gunna look like shit no matter what u do you've learned your lesson leave it at that.

This all depends on the car brought in.

body work up to a 1 day to a week
prep work up to 1 day to a week
masking a full day usally
paint up to 2 days thats 3 coats of clear 3 coats of paint
color sanding buffing half of a day to a day
then materials lets say 500 bucks on the cheap end
paint min 250 bucks thats "nason made by dupont" clear, primer,and paint but thats only a gallon of each.

I would charge no less than 2500 bucks for that.painting a car is not something done cheap remember shop labor is 75 bucks or more so add all that up and your way over 950 bucks.So when u go to get another paint job done at a shop if the guy dosent say 2000 and up dont do it cuse u can save alot of money just doing it yourself and dont hate yourself for buying a shitty spray job.
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #79
chwks13
Leaky Injector

chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
How deep is the stick up your ass? Relax, if you hate the 240's so much, why are you on here? Clearly you can't appreciate cars.
It's BECAUSE he appreciates cars, that he says that shit. It's kids like you that are ruining them.
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #80
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Do the prep work yourself. Take your time, read tips and tricks online. When you are satisfied with every square inch of your prep work, take it to Maaco for a $400 spray job. If you want to be lazy and have a reputable shop do everything for you be prepared to pay. I was quoted $4500 to fix every body blemish on my car, prep work, paint job, and the supplies of course.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #81
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hate on my missle all you want. It is a complete car. That was assemble for 3000 that I really don't give a shit about. All left over high quality parts and again I don't give a shit about it. Funniest thing I did in the car is crash it into my neighbors wall ebrake sliding the corner in my alley way after drinking 12 miller highlives
Am I the only one who caught the Miller Highlife part? Build cheap ugly Sil-Eighty, drink a cheap crappy beer thats $14 for a 30 Pack...Oh wait, Im 20 and Im not supposed to know this.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #82
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
and your 39 years old?....

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #83
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
^ and your 39 years old?....
........................ ............. ..........................

congratulations zilvia, we've just hit rock bottom

Quote:
you again? post a pic of your car and i'll post mine. then everyone else will chime in and tell you to shut the fuck up. if someone has an appreciation for this car, clearly its not you because a winner is me.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #84
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Because of this, take a week off on me. It should be 1 day for every one you drank, but I'll be lenient this time.

http://zilvia.net/rules.html

Quote:
Illegal Activities

Zilvia does not condone illegal activities, and posting about performing such activities is not permitted. Anything that is illegal falls under this, from murder to jaywalking. While it is true that some US states may permit the consumption of federally-banned substances for medicinal purposes only, Zilvia is an international forum, and holds itself to the highest standard possible. Note that discussion of topics is not permitted - you can argue marijuana legalization all day long - just know that there will be repercussions to admitting culpability in regards to something illegal.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #85
ixfxi
Post Whore!

maybe the guy crashed OFF ROAD....?

ahah i cant believe the guy got pinked for this, you guys are harsh.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #86
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
then materials lets say 500 bucks on the cheap end
paint min 250 bucks thats "nason made by dupont" clear, primer,and paint but thats only a gallon of each.
Thats on the very low end of the spectrum price wise. When we painted my grandfathers car, I used Nason primer, and my dad got some cheap blue ($260 for a gallon) we used quality clear though since it was in our paint cabinet already... And the results were nice.

(and that is before cut and buff)

^That is a backyard paintjob (and my first all-over paintjob)... The only diffrence is I actually take my time on the prep work. And I had to fix all the screw ups the paint shop my grandpa too that car to before he let me do it, did to it.

For good paint, you should expect to pay $4-600 for a gallon of paint, sometimes even more depending on the color.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #87
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

It was in a dirt allye behind my house. Got over it. Yes I am 39 that doesn't mean that I am a dumbass
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #88
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Today I rolled/flared/and tucked wires under my fenders. There was paint cracking even with the heat. It showed RED. I scrapped the hood...showed WHITE. The guy didn't even SAND IT....he is fucked for court and the BAR.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #89
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You thought he was gonna strip it down to metal AND paint it for $950? It's common practice to paint over paint
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #90
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-Life86 View Post
You thought he was gonna strip it down to metal AND paint it for $950? It's common practice to paint over paint
That's what we agreed on. Obviously he lied, but if that would have been the deal, then I would have walked away.