Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #61
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
couldn't wait to spread the news, I'll have the engine back tomrrow, and pics too!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #62
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
picked it up today

^ pretty much Brian Crowers catalog for the SR20
I'm pretty happy with how the intake manifold turned out, looks really clean!

new hoses

ported head ftmfw, what you think?

new timing set, cam gears, chain, tensioner, and chain guides, the gears have that nice blue ring that you'll never see once the valve cover will cover up.

stripping the left inner fender,

more rust? you have to be shitting me! If it weren't for stripping the inner fender, I would have never found that.

^ nice welds, good penetration. HA! I said penetration.
here's a note, everyone has greasey engine parts. . .

but not me.

don't be stupid, get some laquer, and clean your plenum up.

do work

everyone else has a dirty engine, keep yours clean.

soon to be united,
Old 03-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #63
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awsome build. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Marc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #64
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I won't use this valve cover after the engine is installed, it's just on there now to keep dust and trash out, plus I'm testing different colors to see what I want to do with it. Bare aluminum is an option.

trying on the new wiring from Nissan,

Houston, we have a problem. While I don't have all the stuff here to plug into the wiring harness to make sure everything is right (doubt everything, even if the part number matches the S13 SR20 wiring). Can't find the plug for the sensor on the oil plate either, not good.

Anyone have a SR20 TPS with the 3 pin plug?

finished stripping the inner fender, then sprayed some etching primer

and for some undercoating

at some point I'll strip the underside of the car and do the same thing, I just don't want to find anymore rust than I already knew about. I didn't address the rust that I found on the frame rail this time, but next time I work on it, that will be the first thing I do.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #65
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
nice build. do some spot weilding around the strut area, and where the brake hose hole is located.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #66
Skaterg240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
Skaterg240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Skaterg240sx
Dude Great build you have here... i cant wait to start my s13 coupe and finishing to be as good as yours some day...!!! (^_^)
Skaterg240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #67
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
nice build. do some spot weilding around the strut area, and where the brake hose hole is located.
right, that will be covered the next time I get a chance to work on the car, I've already stitch welded the strut tower from inside the engine bay, but I was contemplating if I should weld the inside of the strut towers or not.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #68
reactor
Leaky Injector

reactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nicereactor is just really nice
To help you out:

Oil Sensor Plug is located on the SR lower harness, not the engine harness.

TPS for a maual tranny vehicle is 3 pin, the six pin you have is for an automatic.

By the way, did you get that wiring harness just from a Nissan dealer? What part number did you use and what did they find out for the application?
reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #69
eyehate
Zilvia Member

eyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enough
hot! i have a bit of rust on my s13.... i have yet to tackle it, thanks for the inspiration to do so!

DriftExchange
eyehate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #70
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Category_Code=
^ harness

seems Courtsey Nissan offers the harness, I got mine thru a Canadian Nissan Dealer who will pretty much hunt down any part you need if you have the part number already.
That's where I'll be getting my Skyline BMC later, I found that the N1 was the only Skyline that didn't have ABS standard (I'm pretty sure atleast) since my car doesn't have ABS and is RHD, that makes a perfect fit for my bigger brakes!

Thanks for the info, I would have been screwed and pullin my hair out later on, thanks for all the compliments too guys! It's hard pulling 20 hour Saturdays and then still not having the car completely done, but I guess in due time. I want to have it done by December, but with the car 2 hours away from my apartment (I'm keeping it at my parents house in the garage) it's a long drive to work on it for a day, esp with gas prices.

but really, thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #71
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
looking GREAT! Keep us updated!
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #72
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

time for some updates people!

the flywheel at the bottom of the picture is the stock flywheel coming in at approx 22 lbs., above it is a Toda chromoly flywheel coming in at 10.5 lbs, needless to say that oem is now up for grabs, sporting a fresh resurface job, any takers?

not a bad resurface job for $25

the last time it'll see the light of day for a long while

pressure plate and clutch disc installed

What the deuce? you can't be serious. While cleaning and inspecting everything I came across this.

failed part compared to what it should look like, luckily I had a spare tranny laying around, for future reference I swiped the new pivot bolt from a RB20 tranny.

that's more like it

the last time you guys saw this part it was looking rough

looking better, even though you'll never see this area when the car is back on wheels

between welds, jumping from one area to another so as not to over heat and warp the metal. Those of you that will, go ahead and hate on the wire welder, the gas welder here at the shop doesn't have a low enough heat setting that won't burn thru the thin metal of the S chassis.

the two are finally one
all in all I'm happy with the mild progress made this weekend. NO, there isn't oil in it yet, but I wanted to keep trash out till it gets fired up. It's still taking some time to get all the welds done and repair the rust, and until the engine bay is done with body work and painted the engine will be sit on the ground covered up.

damn what a long day, who needs a beer?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #73
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

forgot to post a picture of this a while back, adam took the liberty of shaving the "twin cam 16 valve" off of it for me, personally I think it looks perfect!

Someone was asking me the other day "why are you only in a couple of pictures in your build thread?" well, when you do all your own work, you end up taking all the pictures unless someone is standing around to snap one off.
Aside from the engine build, the valve cover, and powder coating the wheels (which is going to have to be redone) I've done all the labor on this car myself with the knowledge I have gained working on cars since I was 12 years old (cash that at the bank).
Old 05-26-2008, 04:31 AM   #74
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

ok, I got some work done on both S-chassis this past week, so here goes.

for the last time, the final engine install, and the paint etc. will be done around the engine in an effort to make more space in the shop, the engine and trans were taking up too much space on the floor.

^my fathers idea of a good joke, 2 years later and it still doesn't run? cell it.

the saying "one man's junk. . ." applies here, used JIC's will be rebuilt before the car see's the road

after stripping a the front wheel studs on the passenger side (left side on this car) I resorted to using the old studs from the rhd clip I used to convert this car, see the difference?

new stance

ok, that's enough of that,
one thing I will be working on soon is a cover panel for the hydraulic e-brake and
adjustable proportioning valve just to make things look nice inside

this color was mixed for trimming out my S14, the S13 will be painted the same color

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 05-26-2008 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: more pics added
Old 05-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #75
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
that looks like the color of my 92'

KasperSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #76
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Did you have the alternator tested after cleaning all that crap from it?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #77
BLKS13
Zilvia Member

BLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really nice
Looks awesome man! I'm anxious to see the final product!
BLKS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #78
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Nice build man, cant wait to see it done.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #79
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

haven't had the alternator teseted, but it won't be getting any power through it anytime soon, so I'm not really worried, there is still alot of work left to do on the S13, but in due time. Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm actually looking for a set of the 5 spoke Z33 wheels for the S14 if anyone knows of any cheap.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #80
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

got my anti-surge tank yesterday, had to sale the fuel cell a while back after finding out it wasn't the right kind, after I get a new fuel cell I should have the fuel system plumbed.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #81
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
got my anti-surge tank yesterday, had to sale the fuel cell a while back after finding out it wasn't the right kind, after I get a new fuel cell I should have the fuel system plumbed.
What was wrong with the old fuel cell? Wrong size? Do you need some special certificaton for a particular sanctiong body?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #82
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
niiiice build... the for sale sign... takes me back my dad did that too a couple of times some kid came to the door asking how much.. also he put a got junk sign on it too. anyways good stuff

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #83
its_teddd
Zilvia Member

its_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura about
omfg your a god.
its_teddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #84
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
What was wrong with the old fuel cell? Wrong size? Do you need some special certificaton for a particular sanctiong body?
actually no, after I made a straps to hold the fuel cell I noticed the out on the bottom of the fuel cell was on the side, not centered. Personally I think it should be in the center with a small sump. I only paid $50 for the fuel cell, so it wasn't a big loss, besides I sold it.

^something like that, you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_teddd View Post
omfg your a god.
LMFAO. No, no. I just do what I know how, but thanks for the props.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #85
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
great work.

/thread
Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #86
krisdeezy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
krisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krisdeezy
dang that's alot of rust ! haha that's what makes it fun tho right ?! hahah its coming out very nice =D
krisdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #87
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

thanks for the compliments guys. I hope to get getting it closer so I can work on it more often.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #88
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrash View Post
Nice work but why do you have so many coilovers?

You've got to be fucking kidding
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #89
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
but there is a new rubber body filler now that is made to be used on top of primer, it's sands easier than bondo and has a smoother finish than bondo,
What is this stuff called. I do bodywork for a living and haven't seen it yet and Im very interested in it..haha

Last edited by cbcustoms; 06-18-2008 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: added stuff
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #90
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

^yeah I may have been mistaken and typed that wrong. I don't recall posting that, it's been a while. But I probbly meant spot putty, the stuff for small pits in body filler, as I recall, there isn't a body filler you can use over primer, primer is used only after you have finished sanding filler generally.

my bad on the typo.