Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #61
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Slam it some more!! Haha
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #62
cheez80
Zilvia Member

cheez80 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, my exhaust is 9128439082950890x worse =P

and my car isn't even that low, either
cheez80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #63
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
In the front if I pull the lower locking collar out and bottom out the spring perch, I can get another 1/2" but I'd prefer to have the option of having a whole extra inch when I want the car to look gangster. As for the rears, I'd like to go another 1/2" to 1" lower but they are as low as they can go without dropping the lower spring perch and sacrificing stroke. I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and sacrifice the 1/2" of stroke for the sake of looking good. I pretty much only like 215/45/17 and 235/40/17. Anything with a thicker sidewall isn't cool in my book. I like stiff sidewalls and keeping the car as low as possible. Right now, I run 215 cuz I don't have much power. I'd like to run 235's all around eventually.

For the front, I could try to get some shorter springs from apexi or cut down the top part of the section that bolts to the spindle. That would solve that problem. For the rear, I'm going to take apart the rears and disassemble it into it's individual components. I'm hoping that at the bottom part of the shock there is 1/2" of metal that I could cut off so the shock can go deeper into the housing. Another way would be to find a shorter shock shaft, that way you can bring the whole spring assembly down. If I can figure out a way to shorten the shaft, I'll do it. I just don't want to damage it and make it unrepairable.

All these low coilovers make me think about selling my coilovers until I realize I have n1 PRO and should be shot for thinking about it.
I have the same problem -_-....
NICE WHEELS FLYBERTO!
NICE FORD DEALERSHIP SHOTS!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #64
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
A couple more. . .

It is finished settling and it's sitting at 570mm. bwahahahahah
Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #65
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm at 600mm and wouldn't go any further. I lay frame on bad driveways.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #66
97DubTruck
Zilvia Junkie

97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self
No bags, no switches, no fat bitches.

Looks like the front of your car has gone through some hell already.

Good luck with that.
97DubTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #67
turbozxi
Zilvia Member

turbozxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats retartedid.
turbozxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #68
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
I need to get a sticker that says "No fat chicks, or my shit will scrape!"
Old 03-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #69
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

Child's Play.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:23 PM   #70
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
just meaured.

I'm at 590mm now.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #71
Brian
Post Whore!

i deally i'm gonna be at 600/600 when i put my kit on.
which hopefully will be soon.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #72
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Brian, you got any side shots?
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #73
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn brian. cheater. i know your secret.. bumper saggin
Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 PM   #74
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift into a curb
damn brian. cheater. i know your secret.. bumper saggin

look at the picture.
Thats when it had NO sagging.
That was when i first got the car.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #75
JDMs13
BANNED

JDMs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JDMs13
what do the police have to say about that shat. What kind of coilovers are they, not familiar with those numbers.
JDMs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #76
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Big Bad BH: those guys at signal are fucking maniacs. haha and you are too. We should start a club. Like you said on ziptied, 580mm.

Havn't had probs with cops yet *knocks on wood*

I'd go lower but with stock sways, at full counter my fender would be making love with my tire more than it already does. BH, was that pic you posted above with 205/40 on 9j? If it was, I should be able to go lower. hahaha
Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #77
Brian
Post Whore!

yes
205 40.

see, the problem at that height is, you hit everything.
road reflectors, anything.
you know the streets where the big trucks start to make grooves?
DO NOT drive on those.
i tell from experience!
haha well, unless you like everything under yoru car to scrape the ground like a mother.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #78
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
haha i love your car brian when it was like that
so sexy

too bad sparking your under body on the freeway and hitting every bump in the road messes that up
i think the height it is at now is ok
could be worse
i have to measure mine i think im the same as you..minus the saggy bumper ..who did that? wtf. jackass.

scooter
this is nice
but gets old fast
even at very low its just annoying.
espeically when upgrade to FRP aero parts
you scrape ALL parts of body kit ...front sides AND rear. it sucks
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:01 PM   #79
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMs13
what do the police have to say about that shat.
One thing the cops do like down here is headlight hight. I had to bring the front up to get the headlight centers to 21" off the ground. I was at 19"
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 PM   #80
turbozxi
Zilvia Member

turbozxi is an unknown quantity at this point
I have at least 80mm clearance in the front after posting my first comment in the thread I went for a drive managed to get into road works that were completely stuffed up heaps of car behind, and cracked my front bumper = Nismo So fucking annoyed I would hate to drive your car.
turbozxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #81
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Aaron, I know what ur saying. The only thing is, I'm never getting aero unless I get it thrown at me, or for dirty cheap. so, uh yea, basically never. I've got other things I want to spend my $$ on. I like the height it's at now. Kinda annoying, but that felling goes away immediately when I step out of or get into my car and see how dead sexy it is this low. mmmmm
Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #82
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
when you take long trips it sucks dood
i broke my exhaust rubber hangers (all 3)
and my exhaust hanger it self on a trip up to stockon
nthing ghetto fix cant do till i can get it welded back

everytime i scrape hard i always check oil pressure gauge haha..so nervous
but handles so nice, minus the bumpsteer haha..waiting for the end links...
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:13 AM   #83
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
hahahah whattup Scott, this is Jalal...you came to my house with Luke and helped with the SR20 swap...until we figured out my T25 housing was clocked the wrong way hahahah.......

Wow I love your car and I bet it handles like a dammed go-cart! NICE!

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
RSP13-Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:22 AM   #84
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

hey how's it going man? Did you get the turbo re-clocked? How you liking the tranny? You bastard, I'm so jealous.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 AM   #85
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
looks like my car when i slammed it , then after 1 week i raised hahah
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:51 AM   #86
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
Like Danno said to me last night "obviously these guys have never been to japan before"

some of you dudes are just pussies...maybe it's because i like ghetto shit and stuffed slammed beyond belief...but when you see a real nice ass S14 rocking a sparkling paint job, and the body is scraping the ground on bumps...you gotta love it.
i guess it's just cause i like to drive my car...if my Uras bumper splits in half or the bottom "lip" if you will cracks...that shit's just gettin taped and zip-tied back and stayin the way it was.

"Yeeeeeah so peep out my manuscript, you'll see that it's a must i drop gangster shit"
Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 PM   #87
AzNCmB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
AzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AzNCmB
what are the wheel specs and what kind of exhaust are you running? did you ever break an exhaust hanger or rubber hanger?
AzNCmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #88
AenjukuCar
Zilvia Member

AenjukuCar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AenjukuCar
"Hott!!" like paris hilton........well almost

with those almost maxed out you're gonna blow your coilovers!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:02 PM   #89
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

F: 17x9 +15
R: 18x10 +19

Custom 3" exhaust with Tanabe muffler and 3" catco cat. Nope, never broken a hanger. Yet.

No, I'm not gonna blow my coils cause they still have full stroke. Search and see how dual height adjustment coils work.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:17 PM   #90
selectivebeef
Leaky Injector

selectivebeef is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14

It is finished settling and it's sitting at 570mm. bwahahahahah
selectivebeef is offline   Reply With Quote