Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:32 AM   #61
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heres what I meant...

It's screwed in as far as it will go. Might look fine right now, but in a crash with forward force on the bolt, that wont be safe... I think the washers might have fallen out of the box in delivery or something... Have any pics of how it looks stock, installed without the interior panel on?

NICE rear valences BTW!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 PM   #62
bing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
yes you are right,

there are supposed to be i think 5 washers of various sizes in there.

i did lose a couple on teh ones i jsut shipped out, but what i did was take them off the rear belts instead. you could do the same.

if that is not feasible i can see if i still have a few lying around and ship them out with a set of rear valances if you like...lol
Old 07-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #63
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
you should have them cut the cross bar in half, and thread the ends opposite each other, and use a long nut to connect them.

To allow them to be tensioned against the chassis, and to make shipping easier, and cheaper.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #64
bing
Post Whore!

bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
the cost would go up exponentially that way.

also, i am not the one who is actually designing these items, it's just my money, my ideas and all that stuff.

the shop who is doing it is well-versed in this type of stuff and they advised me that it would nto be worth the additional investment to thread it the way you are suggesting, much like the do-luck bar.

the reason being is that the tension created by tourqing the bar at that point would simply find it's way to the bends in the bar and not all the way to the ends at the car. keep in mind that any tension would first have to travel through 2 bends on each side before reaching the floor.

of course they explained it a different way but i forget all the techno-mumbo

this bar that is pictured was templated out of a rotted out 92. it fit differently in my coupe, but only by a milimeter or so. it gets bolted in tightly as well.

to combat this we are going to add shim plates to add on at the passenger side mount, that way you can still set your own tension sort of.

as for shipping i dont know what it would cost. in that event i would simply bubble-wrap the bar and then newspaper over it and ship it like that. it isnt liek you can break it.

i have a pair of black bars and a hot pink one coming...lol..

when i installed it in my own car along with the trunk bar i did notice a difference for sure, mostly exiting corners.

i took them out yesterday and left them at the shop.

on the way home i noticed a HUGE difference without them. i seriously cant wait to put them back in this weekend.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #65
bing
Post Whore!

this is what it looked like after powder coat and install.

SCREW PASSENGER FOOTROOM !!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #66
bing
Post Whore!

btw Jy116, those are seatbelt harness washers on the floor behind my seat in that pic, but i cant find them now...lol.. i'll keep looking.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #67
VA240
Leaky Injector

VA240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy116
O yeh, is this how the B pillar for coupes looks?

i looked back at your other pics and its all hatch B pillars...
Bing,

I received my manual belts today. It shouldn't be too tough to make these work.

Also, do you have any coupe b-pillars available? I would consider buying a set of gray/black or brown coupe b-pillars.

Thanks again,
-VA240
edit: I didn't receive any washers with my seatbelts either, but I plan to remove my rear belts. I'll try and use the washers off the rear belts.
VA240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM   #68
bing
Post Whore!

stupid washers...

thanks for letting me know, i'll have to pay more attention when i remove them.

i do have a set of coupe b-pillars, but it will take me a few days to get pics up
Old 07-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #69
bing
Post Whore!

i will be buying a 89 240sx with grey interior in the next week so i will have one more conversion....lol

S13 #8 in one year
Old 07-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #70
VA240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA240
edit: I didn't receive any washers with my seatbelts either, but I plan to remove my rear belts. I'll try and use the washers off the rear belts.
Actually, I mis-spoke. My belts came with the correct washers for the install.

I installed the manual front belts today, removed the rear belts, and removed all the associated crap that went along with the automatic front belts. I'm amazed at how much junk I pulled out of the car today.

If you are missing the washers for the front belts, use the washers on the rear belts. You don't actually carry people in the back seat, do you?!

One thing I did notice was it seems the passenger side belt buckle is facing the wrong way on the belt. I need to see if I can somehow turn the belt buckle around the belt to be in the correct position.

Thanks again for putting these belt packages together,
-VA240
Old 07-14-2004, 09:33 PM   #71
bing
Post Whore!

no worries, i just snagged another 89 S13 so i can do one more conversion if anyone is interested
Old 07-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #72
los
Leaky Injector

los is an unknown quantity at this point
how much is the conversion? (sorry I came in late)
los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:12 AM   #73
bing
Post Whore!

$170 shipped for all 6 pieces,

pair b-pillars
pair a-pillars
pair seatbelt harnesses
Old 07-15-2004, 10:38 PM   #74
bing
Post Whore!

i have 2 full grey seatbelt conversions ready to go.

the first two guys that deposit funds into my paypal account will have htem shipped out monday or tuesday afternoon... i just have to find appropriate boxes for them.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:11 PM   #75
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey email me please.. [email protected] im interested.. i pm u before. let me know wassup. paypal address n all
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #76
bing
Post Whore!

one of two conversions sold,

thanks jason for prompt payment.

the other is pending..
Old 07-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #77
jy116
Zilvia Addict

o hey... YES I DO drive people in my backseat, so taking out the rear belts is not feasible... Not a full track whore/harcore 240 yet... Still have full interior. Running G-Stock autoX. send me a email with what you can do? Thanks! :]
Old 07-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #78
bing
Post Whore!

from your pic all you are missing is a handful of washers.

u can take washers form your rear belts, and still have them installed, similar to what you have up front now.

i have like 3 washers sitting in a tool box, looks like you will need a few more.. for some reason these belts have like 5-6 washers.

if you cant find any and i can piece together what you need i can stick them in an envelope and ship them to you i guess.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:44 PM   #79
bing
Post Whore!

currently out of conversions...

thanks to all..

i will be on the look out hard for these, there are 3-4 people who seem to be serious.

i'll keep in touch with all of you
Old 07-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #80
bing
Post Whore!

picked up another full grey conversion last night...
Old 07-25-2004, 02:17 PM   #81
super pelvic

super pelvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy116
Heres what I meant...

It's screwed in as far as it will go. Might look fine right now, but in a crash with forward force on the bolt, that wont be safe... I think the washers might have fallen out of the box in delivery or something... Have any pics of how it looks stock, installed without the interior panel on?

NICE rear valences BTW!
Is that really as far as the bolt goes into the pillar, it doesn't seem safe even with washers. Is that how the belts are setup in Canada?
super pelvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #82
bing
Post Whore!

that are a whole wack of washers and spacers and crap yeah...

iono if it seems safe or not but there hasnt been any recall issues on the tens of thousands of nissans that use this same system.

the last set was sold, i'll have more when i can get my SR n and get some free time.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:33 PM   #83
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
wow, haven't check this thread in a long long time,
bing - after months of doing other stuff, i finally installed the seatbelts you sent to me months ago... and i realized you sent me 2 passenger sets (if there is such a thing, but the driver side doesn't look right, need to flip it around, but i don't really care, i'll do that later)... it seems like you have other goodies up your sleeve, cool...
others regarding short bolt - i have no clue why the bolts are that short, mine screwed in all the way, if that bolt is too long, either you didn't screw it in hard enough or go to hardware store and buy shorter ones...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:40 PM   #84
bing
Post Whore!

let me know if i have anything you like,

shot me an e-mail...

i'll hook you up BRO-shot
Old 07-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #85
jy116
Zilvia Addict

hey, found sum more washers off a crashed 300Z TT... might stil need one large diameter washer to keep the other washers from going into the slightly larger diameter hole [before the bolts gets to the threads]... but no biggie.

I hacked away at my B-Pillar thinking the bolt would be long enough to just drill a hole... Now I realized the B-Pillar panel is too far from the B-Pillar! So I started filing a triangle for the whole belt hing, but it looks like CRAP!... can u post a pic of a canadian coupe B-Pillar with the bolt in?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:15 AM   #86
VA240
Leaky Injector

Yeah, apparently there are differences between the Canadian b-pillar and USDM pillars. I was looking at another USDM S13 coupe with manual belts and he hacked up his b-pillar to work with the manual belts.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. I have a feeling that you need not only the Canadian b-pillars, but also the whole side-rear panels that go under the b-pillars.

Either way, I LOVE my manual belts. S14 belts also work BTW!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #87
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Was the other car you looked at a white '91-'93? If so, I know that car and the previous owner that did the work. It came out surprisingly clean. He was using S14 belts.

You shouldn't need the lower side panels if you use the Canadian coupe b-pillars. They just have to be notched a bit at the top to let the belt pass into them, not totally hacked up.

So what's everyone in this thread doing about headliners? Just living with the gaps or what?
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #88
bing
Post Whore!

i can get headliners i guess, i have a couple already,

but shipping would be murder, heck it alreayd costs too much to ship the 6 - piece conversions
Old 07-26-2004, 02:39 PM   #89
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver
So what's everyone in this thread doing about headliners? Just living with the gaps or what?
yes, i don't even have time to mod my top pillar mount panel thingy, so even that's bare, looks kinda odd, but i'll drill a hole one of these days...

since the auto belt track is out, i was thinking of fabricating some oh shiit handles, either find some in the junkyard that'll fit or go to good ol' home depot...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:41 PM   #90
bing
Post Whore!

u guys dont have oh $hit handles on the passenger doors?