Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #61
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Saftey Rules!
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #62
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Position 1 Racecraft Position1
i gotta throw up pics of his cages. Justin Elin fabricated Haruguchi's Falken/Silkroad S13.5 cage (the gold one) and even tho i dont have one i feel i should share pictures of others he did.
All his cages are custom tailored to suit your specific needs. if i had the extra dough, well, he'd be the only person id have fabricate a cage for me.

SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #63
GTSR

Trader Rating: (0)
GTSR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's some amazing work here... but I'm wondering if anyone has actually done the science for the layout and positioning of these cobweb style cages. Or if it's a general.. "yeah that's where they all put em so we can't be wrong" approach?

I'd want to maintain max visibility and keep the car as safe and light as possible!
GTSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #64
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough

have to sell it

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #65
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I removed my old cage and am in the process of installing a new one. This is what is looks like so far:

alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #66
nightshiftgarage
Zilvia Member

nightshiftgarage is on a distinguished road
illl post mine up when my interior overhaul is finished .sound deadening and paint prep blows
Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #67
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios View Post

have to sell it
are those just drilled holes in those gussets, they dont look dimple dyed.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #68
greddyguy
Zilvia Member

greddyguy has made poor choicesgreddyguy has made poor choicesgreddyguy has made poor choicesgreddyguy has made poor choicesgreddyguy has made poor choicesgreddyguy has made poor choices
^^^^^^
not to mention the welds on that. looks like only one side of the gussets have been welded. that cage looks like it adds more weight than being functional or safe
greddyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #69
discosteak
Leaky Injector

discosteak is an unknown quantity at this point

i have to cut the cage out and put it in another car because i totaled this chassis
discosteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #70
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Nice cage. To bad the car died.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 AM   #71
AznDrftr.
BANNED

AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Wow, these are great. I want a weld in one, but i guess a bolt in one will have to do.

That "is" okay right??
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #72
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
From the land of bolt in stuff.

The 180 had a basic Saftey 21 7 point.. Nothing worth posting.
The Silvia had a basic 8 point cross type. Shitty pictures is all I have...

The Alto Works had an Achieve Saito Rollcage 8 point cross type. Dude makes whatever rollcage you want in his backyard.

Not a bad cage for something that took the dude two weeks to build.

The Civic has a 7 point with some added on stuff. B billar connectors, door bars and a bar that connects the main hoop to the uh, main hoop...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #73
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really nice
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Andrew @ 240sxMotoring

Read what people have to say about 240sxMotoring!
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #74
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
noname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Painted:

noname7198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #75
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
Nice shoes. haha
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #76
discosteak
Leaky Injector

discosteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname7198 View Post
diagonal bar should be one peice
discosteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #77
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Here is some shots of the S&W kit in my coupe:

I will post completed pics as well.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #78
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Lets have a thread where we all post awkward videos of us climbing into caged cars.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #79
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
I Love this thread !!! +1
WoolyS14DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #80
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I hate ugly cages.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #81
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known
i need to learn how to weld...i want one too...
-***JOKER***- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #82
Rnz520
Zilvia Junkie

Rnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rnz520
Wow there is a lot of nice work in this thread, but I do have one question.
A lot of these cages have been tig welded down to the gussets, and unless they are chromoly, I want to ask why?, since tig is not any stronger than mig, and it is a higher heat deposition process, which means it can make the metal brittle if welded too slow.
There are some beatiful welds, I wish my tig welding was that good but I am not there yet.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #83
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I guess to keep this thread going... this is a pretty basic 4-pt cage made with 1.75" .095 DOM tubing. I'll update the post once I get the seats out to get a few more shots.

McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #84
RPSil13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
RPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
When a cage is boxed in like so, does the bar go through the box or does it sit on top
sorry for the dumb question, but i havent seen anyone address this

RPSil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #85
Zerolift Autolab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Zerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Zerolift Autolab

Just a couple quick ones of our S13 Vert
Email - [email protected]

Zerolift facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Zerolift

Zerolift Autolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #86
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnz520 View Post
Wow there is a lot of nice work in this thread, but I do have one question.
A lot of these cages have been tig welded down to the gussets, and unless they are chromoly, I want to ask why?, since tig is not any stronger than mig, and it is a higher heat deposition process, which means it can make the metal brittle if welded too slow.
There are some beatiful welds, I wish my tig welding was that good but I am not there yet.

We did mine with a TIG because it not only penetrates real well, it leaves a very nice bead. And since you are not suppose to grind down the welds on a cage to make it pretty because of NHRA certification rules.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #87
95Gstman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
95Gstman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I know that these are not my cars, but the powered by max cages are sick.
If I had unlimited funds, this would be the route I would go.