Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #61
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Right now I am currently working on a fiberglass sunroof delete panel that can bolt in to the factory track system or to my track delete system. Also planning on making more of my brackets. Currently only have them designed for s14 sunroof glass.

Yeah man I would love some brackets for s13 coupe moonroof! It would be cool if you could make a kit that makes it flip up like the hatch one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #62
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just letting anyone thats interested know, kognition is making the s14 carbon delete panels again just hit him up by email or on facebook. I picked one up a little over a month ago and loving it. I also installed a non sunroof headliner to keep the interior looking clean.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #63
Guilty1s
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Guilty1s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How much was it?

Guilty1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #64
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
$300 shipped

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #65
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
shogun! is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #66
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
I've never understood hating sunroofs. If you're tall or whatever, I get it, but, covering them with the haggard shit people do?

Like, be it a purpose-bought plate, or a homedo, it looks like utter SHIT to rivet something just on top of it. Why can't a "delete" just be a panel with a seal around the edge, that actually replaces the sunroof and sits in the hole?

And so it leaks.... isn't it better to take rtv to your roof, than have a giant panel o'shit riveted to your roof?

Keep the ziptie "culture" off your roof.

Plus, having a sun roof would be so nice....
The kicker for the S14 guys is that you can't fix the sunroof when the fiberglass trim breaks off. You'd have to buy a new whole glass assy. Fuckers are over $1k from nissan, thats assuming they're even making them still at this point.

Quote:
Right now I am currently working on a fiberglass sunroof delete panel that can bolt in to the factory track system or to my track delete system. Also planning on making more of my brackets. Currently only have them designed for s14 sunroof glass.
Keep me in the loop, I'd be all over this. I want to replace the glass but keep the functionality of the sunroof.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #67
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Keep me in the loop, I'd be all over this. I want to replace the glass but keep the functionality of the sunroof.
Yeah, I'm hoping when done it will be similar to like an RX7 sunroof. Just paint it to match your car. With the brackets also it will completely allow you to remove your sunroof system and get a bit more headroom.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #68
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun! View Post

That's bitchin'. I don't even have to research it to know that it probably costs more than my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RurouniMidnight View Post
Just letting anyone thats interested know, kognition is making the s14 carbon delete panels again just hit him up by email or on facebook. I picked one up a little over a month ago and loving it. I also installed a non sunroof headliner to keep the interior looking clean.

Actually, that looks really nice. I've never seen a sunroof delete option that was not rivited down... which obviously sort of ruins the shell, and makes it so you can NEVER have a normal looking car again. Also, I'm not sure the color is a problem, if you don't try to hide things sometimes it looks a lot better.

It's just that with rivets you KNOW it's going to look like a clapped out piece of shit, on a car with crap rivited to the roof the bumper is probably stitched with zipties and there's a smashed widebody kid rivited crooked, bleeding rust from the rivets, the wheels are rattlecanned (probably more than one color), there's tastless stickers, and the owner thinks every one of these factors makes him a bit cooler.

And if the owner who deletes it doesn't do it like that, when it's sold it will be to a tool like that, and he'll feel like the rivets give him permission to rivet everything else.

I take it all back though, that actually looks just fine. delete the hell out of it.... just don't ruin your roof with rivets.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #69
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RurouniMidnight View Post

How does it seal !? It bolt down from under ?

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #70
OBEE

OBEE is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm just gonna leave this here

OBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having the dreaded s14 fucking sunroof fiberglass coming apart problem! Time to look into one of these or replace with an oem assembly. Nice as pieces on this thread tho, good to know all these options.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #72
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys I just got ahold of Kognition Design last night on one of these, they don't have anymore and they said MAYBE in the spring. So what I figure is we let them know there are still people out there that want them, SO EMAIL THEM ABOUT INQUIRY PLEASE. Maybe if they see there is a demand for the piece they will be more apt make them sooner.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #73
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Once i have spare time i might try to make a paintable sunroof out of a broken one i have laying around so it will be a flush insert that functions like a normal sunroof still. I plan on removing glass lay down a mdf thin board then fiberglass it paint and make a new seal for it.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #74
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^You've been saying that for a while now...make it happen!!!

When my trim breaks off, I'm probably just gonna make a solid bracket and just lay fiberglass on the whole glass to keep the seal in place.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #75
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
If you are referring to me, I'll be making some brackets this weekend if everything goes right. The fiberglass panel is gonna take some time though.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #76
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
If you are referring to me, I'll be making some brackets this weekend if everything goes right. The fiberglass panel is gonna take some time though.
Ill be curious to see your brackets, I remember the ones you made for yourself. Are these any different?

I would love to get rid of the sunroof tracks so I can run a non sunroof headliner and make more room for my cage, I was also going to cut nice a hole in the non sunroof headliner to allow light in. Would it be possible to make a bracket that would allow the sunroof to be popped as well?
icedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #77
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
Ill be curious to see your brackets, I remember the ones you made for yourself. Are these any different?

I would love to get rid of the sunroof tracks so I can run a non sunroof headliner and make more room for my cage, I was also going to cut nice a hole in the non sunroof headliner to allow light in. Would it be possible to make a bracket that would allow the sunroof to be popped as well?

Currently I am going to be making exact copies of what I have now. Which are the ones posted on the first page of this thread.

Making an s14 sunroof into a pop up is a bit more involved then just the brackets. I suppose it wont hurt to look into it.

I took this off of a friends car that was totaled, so I can use it to start fabbing on s14 sunroof stuff without crawling around inside my caged car.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #78
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
^^^You've been saying that for a while now...make it happen!!!

When my trim breaks off, I'm probably just gonna make a solid bracket and just lay fiberglass on the whole glass to keep the seal in place.

I know i just been so freaking busy with work and advancing in my career I barely even have time to just hang out . I also am picking up a spare sunroof this week that is mint as a extra spare so i can have for the future. Hopefuly i have this little project done before spring
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #79
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

For anyone that is interested I will be making a few sets of these this coming weekend.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #80
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

In case anyone is interested, a buddy and I finally took the time to make a few of these, have about 5 total made.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/54878...-brackets.html
Old 12-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #81
EliteGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
EliteGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
how do you guys feel about one made from billet aluminum? it would replace the glass but keep the sunroof functional. hoping it would be lighter than the glass but if not at least it wont fall apart lol.
EliteGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #82
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
If anyone SoCal wants a hardtop just let me know and we can trade if your S14 is straight stock.
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #83
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I installed the brackets from Nissansota240 today. they fit well and seem to be good quality.

I would guess i gained about 2 inches of headroom. keeping the headliner for now, to see how i like it. i just cut a little bit out for helmet clearance.

i have the sunroof framework laying around if anybody near San diego wants to buy it.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #84
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Will a non sunroof roof interior panel fit when using the nissansota brackets
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #85
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It would probably fit if you trimmed the extra stud length that sticks out of the nuts.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #86
PrimeDirective
Zilvia Member

PrimeDirective is an unknown quantity at this point
I want these brackets with some sort of plug to replace the glass since my fiberglass piece is shredded.
PrimeDirective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #87
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

So if anyone was interested a friend and I where able to make a prototype bracket to build the actual bracket out of for a S13 Coupe Power Sunroof/Moonroof. So some of those brackets will be made soon.

The only thing I'm unsure about is that the sunroof glass that we used only had 2 (two) studs coming down that allowed fore attachment to the sunroof track system. Now I know there was a difference between s14 ones, some glasses had 2 studs while others had 3.

Anyone have any input on this?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #88
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
So if anyone was interested a friend and I where able to make a prototype bracket to build the actual bracket out of for a S13 Coupe Power Sunroof/Moonroof. So some of those brackets will be made soon.

The only thing I'm unsure about is that the sunroof glass that we used only had 2 (two) studs coming down that allowed fore attachment to the sunroof track system. Now I know there was a difference between s14 ones, some glasses had 2 studs while others had 3.

Anyone have any input on this?
I'll take some brackets please haha.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #89
Munki
Zilvia Member

Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun! View Post

We're actually making a roof cap/sunroof delete for S13 but were using a Z06 roof design to give the S13 an updated look.

This is the style were using \/

Fiber Concepts
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Fabrication.
(657)-204-6237
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #90
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

S13 Coupe Power Sunroof Delete Brackets

Do s13 hatchbacks have powered sunroofs? Also that roof skin looks pretty awesome.