Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-14-2016, 06:07 AM   #9151
Tyler_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Tyler_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
All of you should probably just shut the fuck up.

seen this car at a drift event...its v8 swapped as far as i can tell...its nasty...ugly as sin for sure...but at least its not a daily
Tyler_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #9152
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
V8 swapped? Omg.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #9153
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Fuck,

I leave for one day and miss this awesome news! BuhBye McBonerWithCheese!

Corbic, you make some good points, however, There seems to be almost no markey for $6000 to 10,000 25 year old S-Chassis'. Part them out, take a loss or keep it; is how it works until the average age and income levels for those interested in 25 year old cars comes up a lot!

In "on topic" news:

I love the work the guys at drift armor do, but I can't really understand this design. They have one pictured with a "street sweeper" front bumper cover, but I still don't understand why you'd want that low of front bar.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #9154
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
I love the work the guys at drift armor do, but I can't really understand this design. They have one pictured with a "street sweeper" front bumper cover, but I still don't understand why you'd want that low of front bar.

I guess to keep you from jumping a curb or crashing into a speed bump.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #9155
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
LOL. How long before he makes another fake account?

That's why member registration should be locked, or at least a 1 year wait till you can post in anything but Marketplace.

Boom. No more spam bots.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #9156
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^That would be sweet. Can we have a poll for this? Maybe if we could all vote the admins will listen? (fingers crossed)

Last edited by fatduece; 02-14-2016 at 02:12 PM..
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #9157
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I really think it is one thing that all Zilvians have a shot at banding together for.
#SeparateButEqual
#DemandChange
Old 02-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #9158
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
I really think it is one thing that all Zilvians have a shot at banding together for.
#SeparateButEqual
#DemandChange
^WE need a real poll dammit! Sigh....

#SeparateButEqual
#DemandChange
#Fatduece

P.S. I think we need a different thread for this.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #9159
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
What 1 year lol fml can I be grandfathered in
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #9160
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

To keep terribly fitting knockoff aero from dragging on the floor?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #9161
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
From some derpy S-chassis FB group

Old 02-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #9162
pignose.007

pignose.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ I saw that crap this morning too!
pignose.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #9163
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Honestly I would rock that if it was matte black or any of the other neutral colors. I think the fact that is gloss green is the only reason that guy is a fucking moron.

Ya gotta look cool for your YouTube channel I guess
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #9164
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Honestly I would rock that if it was matte black or any of the other neutral colors. I think the fact that is gloss green is the only reason that guy is a fucking moron.

Ya gotta look cool for your YouTube channel I guess

I have an old Jesse James Garage magazine somewhere. I think it was a '56 Chevy gasser they got to test drive in SanFran. Flat black, vintage hand painted garage logo, Spartan interior, that Bro-Runner stance with headers hanging out the bottom.

Car was sick and had a serious presence. The only color it had was the rad as fuck Acid Green dash. The color looked like it was glowing nuclear waste or something and the crew loved it. Fuck, I loved it.

The car got states everywhere they went, it ripped tires, terrified hipsters and was pure raw fume sucking awesome.

The downside however was that sick dash. It reflected light like a mofo and they all agreed it need a dash cover to be safely and enjoyably driven.

I see the same problem with that dash above. It's going to glare out the windscreen and it's going to reflect light into the passengers eyes.

Race Cars use Suede not because it's cool, but because it absorbs light and prevents glare. It also provides a smooth durable cover to prevent injury.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #9165
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Even though Corbic's spelling is atrocious and there are finite words in his lexicon, I support his message. The white car I'm trying to sell applies to his statements. the parts I removed from the car were were nothing compared to the work I put into the gaskets, maintenance, and paint. I still have it listed high to ward-off lowballers but I'm not going to lose my ass on it because fuckboys. The best time to sell one of these is when you don't HAVE to sell it.

Also, selling shift knobs for $300. You guys are giving the cunt mad props for rare items? You've got to be shitting me.

OT:

Rebuilt title for this S13.5...

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5437793926.html

Lets not forget about the color matched aero catch pins. yuck
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #9166
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I have an old Jesse James Garage magazine somewhere. I think it was a '56 Chevy gasser they got to test drive in SanFran. Flat black, vintage hand painted garage logo, Spartan interior, that Bro-Runner stance with headers hanging out the bottom.

Car was sick and had a serious presence. The only color it had was the rad as fuck Acid Green dash. The color looked like it was glowing nuclear waste or something and the crew loved it. Fuck, I loved it.

The car got states everywhere they went, it ripped tires, terrified hipsters and was pure raw fume sucking awesome.

The downside however was that sick dash. It reflected light like a mofo and they all agreed it need a dash cover to be safely and enjoyably driven.

I see the same problem with that dash above. It's going to glare out the windscreen and it's going to reflect light into the passengers eyes.

Race Cars use Suede not because it's cool, but because it absorbs light and prevents glare. It also provides a smooth durable cover to prevent injury.
Cool story.

OT: Are these hideous Square wheels out of style yet?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #9167
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
Cool story.

Nah, they are a major [emoji360] to success.

Wtb new harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #9168
Corbic
Post Whore!

Kayne must own a 240...

Old 02-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #9169
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My car came with them... so what does that make us?
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #9170
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:

white kids with no japanese ancestry need to stop putting the rising sun on their usdm rides.. lol
Old 02-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #9171
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
white kids with no japanese ancestry need to stop putting the rising sun on their usdm rides.. lol
Why?

Msg
Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #9172
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Why?

Msg
Because white kids don't have any Japanese heritage so they can't show any correlation to Japanese heritage because Japanese heritage isn't something to be used for scene points. Japanese heritage is to be used in...ummmmm...for...ummm..not scene points.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #9173
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
But white people invented the automobile.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #9174
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
meh it's a Japanese car. Granted their flag had design change and the rising sun is known as a war flag..

It would be much worse with any version of the American flag let alone something like the confederate flag.. yuck.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #9175
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Quote:
Why?

Msg

It's basically like the swastika to other countries in Asia.

"The Rising Sun flag was the symbol of the Empire of Japan during late 19th and early 20th centuries. Comfort women, maruta, and the Rape of Nanking aren’t concepts that are taught in public schools — at least with the same degree of importance as that of Holocaust."

OT:

Widebody for a stock KA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #9176
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Cool story.

look how big the lipz are brah

errybody knows the bigger the lipz the better the wheel looks
Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #9177
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
And Sparcos?

Tell me what seats would you have used chief? Racetech? Cobra? OMP? Recaro? Bride?

Did you even know that Recaro had their FIA homologation revoked at one point for their SPG? Stress cracks around the mounting holes.

Do you realize how much a pair of FIA homologated seats cost at retail? To get the seats I need for my new track car will cost me 1800 bucks at 5% over WHOLESALE. and I still have to buy and HANS device (a cheap HANS is 550). And then my fire suppression system... like you said, it racks up fast. Money needs to be saved wherever it can be without compromising safety.

Sparco makes a very affordable line of FIA homologated seats, and thousands of people around the world trust their lives with them. I think they are comfortable as hell, even during 2 hour stints.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #9178
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
sparcos are ugly as shit though so who cares. fuck em.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #9179
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
sparcos are ugly as shit though so who cares. fuck em.

You spent money on a fixed back bucket seat because you thought it looked cool, not cause you needed to be safe?
I hope you enjoy swimming in that sweet JDM butt sweat soaked into your vintage used Brides. Yucky. F'real. Ew.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 AM   #9180
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yeah, have fun defending your ugly ass seats in your budget built race car. it's not a battle you'll win.