Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #901
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Mustangs are not for sale in Japan because they don't met whatever standard... SR20DETs didn't meet US Emissions standards...

Ever think there is more to standards and laws then simply "better" or "safer"?
actually....mustangs are for sale. at the ford dealers in japan...
so yeah.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #902
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
actually....mustangs are for sale. at the ford dealers in japan...
so yeah.
lol served

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #903
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
also LOL at people arguing saftey when people take out airbags, DD cars with harnesses, and remove bumper supports when doing front end swaps.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #904
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
that affects you only. crappy wheels affect others when you hit a pothole and loose control cause it breaks..
Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #905
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
that affects you only. crappy wheels affect others when you hit a pothole and loose control cause it breaks..
wtf do you have foot deep potholes where you are from?
I tow my car to the track thanks. and even when i dont. no potholes.

Seriously show me a death report that was cause by an XXR coming about someone losing control and killing someone.
but driving a redicously slammed car, where you have to swerve to avoid pothills derbis etc but on legit wheels, THATS completly safe!
a lot of people on this site street drift or mountain roads. NOTHING unsafe about that.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #906
yokotas13
Post Whore!

cant lump everyone in a category

ALOT of the guys with these XXrs are with cars that that is all they have, no aero, no super slammed status....normal DD cars.
we are the exception, not the norm bro. get your head out of your ass please.

Ill buy a replica wheel as long as it at least passes the JWT or German equivalent of testing. otherwise, im not buying it. my life is worth more than 600 bucks.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #907
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
cant lump everyone in a category

ALOT of the guys with these XXrs are with cars that that is all they have....DD cars.
we are the exception, not the norm bro. get your head out of your ass please.
only picture ive seen of rims breaking is usually rotas for one, and 2 either on the track, or in an accident where the car was totalled, (not caused by the rims, after effect of the car rolling. at that point a rim failure doesnt matter.

you sir pull your head out of YOUR ass please
Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #908
yokotas13
Post Whore!

lulz at you.

just becuase you dont see pictures, doesnt mean it doenst happen. i know three...count them three personal friends here in my home town that had rota, sportmax, and xxr. all hit a big ass pothole they couldnt avoid, one of whom i was riding with, and cracked the SHIT out of the wheel. ive hit the same pothole with my works, and had no problem....

first hand experience. You can do what you want, but i will, and continue encouraging others to do the safe thing when it comes to the 4 small contact patches on your car.

I dont care if its a knockoff....just make sure it is certified to SOME international standard...and not the philipino standard
Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #909
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

cool and ill keep buying these, if i choose to.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #910
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I dont care if its a knockoff....just make sure it is certified to SOME international standard...and not the philipino standard[/QUOTE]

lmao

因果関係の流れ
Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #911
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I had 3 piece BBS'S and hit a pothole and the whole barrel cracked,and my buddy is running the 521 xxr's has hit the same pothole on the 10frwy and drifts th shit out of his car and they have held up great and I don't get why people are still saying the 527's are knock offs when they are not
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #912
yokotas13
Post Whore!

its not that it is a knockoff...its that they meet no safety standards.

and how OLD are your BBSs?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #913
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
I dont care if its a knockoff....just make sure it is certified to SOME international standard...and not the philipino standard
lmao[/QUOTE]

hoy pare!? what ees wrong de pilipino standard hah?

sorry my inner fob came out for a second
Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #914
yokotas13
Post Whore!

rota is made over there arent they? it was a poke at manufacturing location lol
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #915
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The 527s are pretty dope.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #916
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is a never ending argument about opinion. There will always be expensive wheels and cheap wheels.

Buy the wheels you want end of story.

On topic though the only video I've ever seen circulating the net where a wheel breaks during spirited driving was one on a Mazda Speed 3 and I cant remember the brand of wheel. I'll try to find it.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #917
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
lulz at you.

just becuase you dont see pictures, doesnt mean it doenst happen. i know three...count them three personal friends here in my home town that had rota, sportmax, and xxr. all hit a big ass pothole they couldnt avoid, one of whom i was riding with, and cracked the SHIT out of the wheel. ive hit the same pothole with my works, and had no problem....

first hand experience. You can do what you want, but i will, and continue encouraging others to do the safe thing when it comes to the 4 small contact patches on your car.

blah blah blah
my friend smashed a curb going 50 and he still rolls on his xxr 962s on the daily..cant say the same for my other friends advans
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #918
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Got mine in today(17x9.75 +25)...for those who want to see more pictures:

Didn't have it touching the ground, so don't mind the wheel gap
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #919
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

supermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymore
No broken spokes, but still bad for a curb job. Spokes are probably stronger due to thickness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bend2.jpg (43.2 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by supermariokartdrift; 04-28-2011 at 12:46 AM..
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #920
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't dislike these because they're 'not from a reputable brand'. I just think they're ugly.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #921
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

supermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymoresupermariokartdrift is not welcome here anymore
DDs have to be pretty. Safety shouldn't be a problem unless your planning on doing some TIME ATTACKs around town.

Last edited by supermariokartdrift; 04-28-2011 at 04:13 AM..
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #922
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha the features for the 526's

Features
  • Carefully calculated offsets for “Hellaflush” fitment
  • Triple plated two-piece chrome lip
  • Genuine XXR logo center cap included
Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #923
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

XXR not being "reputable" is mostly an opinion, most people here say it as a fact because it's not RAYS, ADVAN, etc.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #924
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post
haha the features for the 526's

Features
  • Carefully calculated offsets for “Hellaflush” fitment
  • Triple plated two-piece chrome lip
  • Genuine XXR logo center cap included
At least you know those center caps won't be stolen.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #925
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

It's starting to sound like back in the day on this thread. All we can afford are LEVIS, but you ain't cool if your not rockin GIBEAU.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #926
510skater
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
510skater has a spectacular aura about510skater has a spectacular aura about510skater has a spectacular aura about510skater has a spectacular aura about510skater has a spectacular aura about510skater has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
[QUOTE=igreek;4012197]Got mine in today(17x9.75 +25)

who did you order from? I preordered mine from sonic motoring and still havent got them.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #927
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermariokartdrift View Post
DDs aren't supposed to be pretty. Safety shouldn't be a problem unless your planning on doing some TIME ATTACKs around town.
Maybe if your broke. But my daily is pretty and sitting on works. If anything you never skimp on the car which see's the most street duty. Your life depends more on the daily then it does your once a week or less driven play car. Plus your girlfriends will thankyou for picking them up in a car which doesnt rattle their asses off, have to have a removeable steering wheel to make it through the movie date, and gets pulled over at every corner due to being too loud or just janky looking from all the coats of spray paint on it.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #928
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
DDs aren't supposed to be pretty.
Where the fuck does this attitude come from? Why wouldnt a DD be pretty? Why would you care more about the appearance of a track slut?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #929
supermariokartdrift
Leaky Injector

I meant to put don't have to be pretty, and these are nice for the price. And I never said I cared more about what a track car looks like. Not everyone on here has a second weekend/track car/trailer queen. Some are just lookin for some affordable wheels. And about safety, people act like rims are gonna blow up just driving down the road just cause they're not high-end. If they didn't meet US standards they wouldn't be sold here. If you hit a curb or pot hole hard enough shits gonna happen no matter how much your rims cost. If people don't like the wheels, you shouldn't even bother with this thread.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #930
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No broken spokes, but still bad for a curb job. Spokes are probably stronger due to thickness.
LOL What kinda curb did that thing hit???? Its one thing to break under normal driving and you hit a pothole and a whole different thing to break from someone running into something, not to mention I sincerely doubt that it has anything to do with the thickness, maybe more along the lines that it is forged???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Closed Thread