Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #9331
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yes they help, especially if your almost tucking 17s. as per noise, its up to you but i cant imagine your used to that much ride comfort being that low
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #9332
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Not really concerned with comfort as much as extra unnecessary noise in my already noisy ass soda can of a car.

Also, I'm getting a new valve cover gasket and belts, and don't know which brand to go with. I know it's not a big deal, but I'd rather have something that's better and will last longer at the prices I'm being offered by a family friend.

For valve cover gasket, should I go with Felpro or Beck And Arnley?
And belts, either Dayco or Gates.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #9333
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
gates, BA and get the damn risers..happy? if your car already sounds like a soda can, then theyre not going to make it worse.. and it'll handle better
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #9334
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
New page, needa know soon because I have to order this stuff.
The risers will work to help fix rear roll center, as it allows the rear subframe to move closer to the body 1/2" or so.

Energy Suspension ones do not do this, UNLESS you have the top half trimmed, as well as the inner shaft to be the same height (I took mine to the machine shop to be perfect, and for 20 bucks it was worth the saved hassel)

The end result is the same, I personally didn't choose solid bushings as I wanted to at least attempt to keep the rear NVH down. Some people don't mind the increased NVH, but it's not for me.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #9335
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
[QUOTE=Irresistible;4472557
For valve cover gasket, should I go with Felpro or Beck And Arnley?

And belts, either Dayco or Gates.[/QUOTE]

Either choices will work fine. I assume you have a KA too right?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #9336
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Yessir ka. How much should cut off the top of the bushings as well?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #9337
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
Hey fool what kinda belts u need I work at Vatozone
Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #9338
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
We only got dayco and Shitty duralast and I got felpro gaskets
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #9339
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where can I order K-Break wheels from?

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #9340
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftx View Post
Hey fool what kinda belts u need I work at Vatozone
My family friend is already hooking me up cheap.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #9341
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Yessir ka. How much should cut off the top of the bushings as well?
I had it cut to the point where there was about an 1/8" of the upper part left. I figured it would still help isolate it a big from the frame of the car itself.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #9342
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey codyace whats NVH?
and also, how did you go about trimming it? Like a band saw or something, cause i don't want solid bushings but do need the correction
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #9343
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
hey codyace whats NVH?
and also, how did you go about trimming it? Like a band saw or something, cause i don't want solid bushings but do need the correction
Noise/Vibration/Harshness (Aka: loud rattles or vibration)

I had a machine shop (same one that makes my Air Conditioning and Quest brackets) trim them on a lathe for me. They do a lot of delrin and eurothan work, so I figured they'd be much more precise than I ever could dream about.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #9344
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Noise/Vibration/Harshness (Aka: loud rattles or vibration)

I had a machine shop (same one that makes my Air Conditioning and Quest brackets) trim them on a lathe for me. They do a lot of delrin and eurothan work, so I figured they'd be much more precise than I ever could dream about.
Sent you a pm as to not clutter the thread.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #9345
GripSpec
Leaky Injector

GripSpec is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I need the dohc sub harness in order to run a dohc cluster in my 1990 S13? or is it possible to wire up using the stock harness?
GripSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #9346
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Sr20det bottom radiator hose should fit my ka24de right?

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #9347
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
OK so I'm getting that isis straight pipe exhaust for my s14 the 3" one, I'm gonna put a resonator on it, to try and keep it down some. My question is the longer the resonator will it make the exhaust more quieter? Will adding those test pipe resonaters that replace the cat help as well? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #9348
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
OK so I'm getting that isis straight pipe exhaust for my s14 the 3" one, I'm gonna put a resonator on it, to try and keep it down some. My question is the longer the resonator will it make the exhaust more quieter? Will adding those test pipe resonaters that replace the cat help as well? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Yes, longer = quieter.
A resonated test pipe will be make your car louder vs having a cat. A 3" high-flow cat would do nicely for you.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #9349
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Boost_Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have been getting some mixed opinions about this. I have a 25mm bolt on spacer and wanted to add another spacer behind it to get my wheels to sit flush. It would be :
Hub->Spacer->Bolt on spacer->Wheel.

Is this safe?
Boost_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #9350
bigrobg21

Trader Rating: (0)
bigrobg21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
been trying to figure it out for a while n i still havent come up with a striaght answer. i got a de swap n the speedo n rpms dont work. all the sensors are still in the trans but not connected to anything goin into the firewall but im just curious if i need a new cluster or a harness
bigrobg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #9351
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripSpec View Post
Do I need the dohc sub harness in order to run a dohc cluster in my 1990 S13? or is it possible to wire up using the stock harness?
It's a direct swap, so long as the tach matches the motor.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #9352
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hello, i have a question. Im looking at this 91 auto s13, with a rebuilt motor. The owner told me the car is off timing, and that the timing was advanced. I asked him what caused this and he said that the thermostat broke and he didnt notice until the next day. The broken thermostat jumped the chain and caused it to advance the timing. My question is could a bad thermostat even cause this? I mean they are close to each other but they in totally different parts of the engine. and the chain is protected by the cover. what do you guys think of this? is there anything else i should ask him about this problem? thnx!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #9353
CantSTOP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
CantSTOP is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Can I use a KA slave cylinder on a RB20 tranny?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #9354
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzio240sx View Post
Hello, i have a question. Im looking at this 91 auto s13, with a rebuilt motor. The owner told me the car is off timing, and that the timing was advanced. I asked him what caused this and he said that the thermostat broke and he didnt notice until the next day. The broken thermostat jumped the chain and caused it to advance the timing. My question is could a bad thermostat even cause this? I mean they are close to each other but they in totally different parts of the engine. and the chain is protected by the cover. what do you guys think of this? is there anything else i should ask him about this problem? thnx!
what the fuck
i've never heard of this happening especially since the thermostat is separate from the timing chain, and timing all together
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #9355
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Fiend View Post
I have been getting some mixed opinions about this. I have a 25mm bolt on spacer and wanted to add another spacer behind it to get my wheels to sit flush. It would be :
Hub->Spacer->Bolt on spacer->Wheel.

Is this safe?
Sell the wheels you have, and get properly sized/fitting wheels. 25mm spacer is already pretty knarley, and now you're wanting to put even more on it (lets assume a 10mm or 15 mm spacer)?? That's gonna look janky.

Atop of that, you're also going to need longer wheel studs to make your setup work. So if you're willing to spend 100 dollars in studs, and another 100 to 300 dollars for the bolt on spacers and the slip on spacers, why not just sell your wheels, and put it towards better wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzio240sx View Post
Are you mechanically inclined/able? Do you have more than enough money to potentially buy another engine just in case? If you answer no to either of my questions, then I'd strongly suggest to stay away from that car, as it seems like a shady owner and questional mechanic work at best.

However if you are able to fix cars, and are willing to potentially purchase another engine in the event the current one is fixed (and assuming you're getting a good deal) I'd go with it. There is always the potential that the previous owner is just an idiot too ya know?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #9356
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Anyone have Moog inners with PBM 10mm tie rod spacers? I was wondering if putting the spacers on leaves enough thread to safely thread the tie rods into therack, using loctite of course.

I just realized I've been asking a lot of questions lately... Sorry, just wanna get my car all up and running before the spring hits.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #9357
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
What is the benefit of using z32 rear uprights? Do s13 arms still bolt up? What else needs to be changed?
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #9358
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sagat View Post
What is the benefit of using z32 rear uprights? Do s13 arms still bolt up? What else needs to be changed?
The knuckle is lighter (z32 weighs less because it's aluminum) & yes, arms are all the same. The lower mount would need to be changed.

Stance offers a separate z32 bottom mount (fork strut mount)
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #9359
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone run a Sparco Steering wheel spacer? I bought one off a member here with no hardware and im confused how its going to mount lol
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #9360
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Anyone run a Sparco Steering wheel spacer? I bought one off a member here with no hardware and im confused how its going to mount lol
Should mount with screws, as if you were bolting up a steering wheel.

I could be wrong considering I've never dealt with a Sparco spacer.