Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #9421
omii27

Trader Rating: (0)
omii27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just got a wastegate wanted to know if there was a way of telling if its good or bad b4 i put it on?? or do i have to put it on to tell?
omii27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #9422
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw778 View Post
i recently installed a digital dash with a 9k tach. everything works but i can't switch the speedo over from kph to mph any suggestions. it ready correct i just don't want to have to do math as driving lol!!
you will get used it eventually... i did.... i have had my cluster for about 3 months now...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #9423
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw778 View Post
i recently installed a digital dash with a 9k tach. everything works but i can't switch the speedo over from kph to mph any suggestions. it ready correct i just don't want to have to do math as driving lol!!
Dakota Digital box will convert, it'll still say KPH but you can read it as mph.

I'm holding the spoon, but I'll still say you should've searched.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #9424
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah its a KA. Anyone know if there is a difference between obd1 & obd2 s14 MAF?
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #9425
Nisbro
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Nisbro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Anyone know if the KA24DE power steering pump/bracket bolts will work for an SR20DET power steering pump/bracket? if not, does anyone know what size the bolts are, or where i could purchase them online?

a friend gave me an SR pump and bracket for my motor swap..i just dont have the bolts to install it.

3NAW/Battlestags
Nisbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #9426
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Does anyone know if its possible to run a drivers S14 seat on the passenger side? Im thinking of taking the sliders out of the rails and swapping the sides...
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #9427
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
KA24DE JWT Cam Gears.
How much does each Dowel point change the degree of a cam?

I can't for the life of me find that chart that explains it. I found the SR, but not the KA24DE one!
edit: according to another site, each hole = 2.5 on my degree wheel

Last edited by Walperstyle; 01-28-2012 at 02:32 AM..
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #9428
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to run a drivers S14 seat on the passenger side? Im thinking of taking the sliders out of the rails and swapping the sides...
the seat recliner shit will be on the wrong side

the rails should fit though, which are bolt on
Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #9429
Nackolas13

Nackolas13 is an unknown quantity at this point
so just getting ready to put the rb20(stock) in my convertible s13 tonight, are there any brackets for the rb20 to use the s13 power steering pump or do i have to have the rb20s? if i need the rb20s anyone know a good place around indy to physically pick one up instead of ordering it? from what i hear you can use the sr pump. i actually have access to one of those. has anyone else done this?

Last edited by Nackolas13; 01-28-2012 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: new stuff
Nackolas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #9430
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
the seat recliner shit will be on the wrong side

the rails should fit though, which are bolt on
Might try it. My passengers dont need to recline lol.

It'll prolly just be temp till I feel like buying a decent passenger seat.

Thanks
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #9431
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thinking about painting my intercooler piping and intercooler core (not the fins) with high temp wrinkle black paint for some stealth here in cali. Bad idea? Whats all this nonsense about heat retainment i heard, do i really need radiator paint? I'm not painting the fins just the core so it doenst pop out. Car doesnt make a million horsepower or anything crazy, and it gets hot here, not quite arizona style though but 100+
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #9432
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Doesn't effect much if any. Paint it if you like.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #9433
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Should have just bought a black anodized one. Looks better and less trashy when it gets all beat up. Just know that the paint WILL scratch and eventually WILL look shitty. Just sayin'.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #9434
Nisbro
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Nisbro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisbro View Post
Anyone know if the KA24DE power steering pump/bracket bolts will work for an SR20DET power steering pump/bracket? if not, does anyone know what size the bolts are, or where i could purchase them online?

a friend gave me an SR pump and bracket for my motor swap..i just dont have the bolts to install it.
can anyone help me??

3NAW/Battlestags
Nisbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #9435
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
anyone know what size bulbs for s13 digital climate control?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #9436
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Going to be tinting the s14 pretty soon and I live here in cali and I know I can't tint any of the front windows, so I'm just going to tint the rears, my question is how dark can I go that's its not going to be too dark at night? Would I be fine with limo? I've never really driven a car with tint so idk which to choose. All input is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #9437
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if a 97 s14 doesnt have abs, does it have lsd or no?
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #9438
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
is anyone importing Dmax aero? i know car studio closed its doors when dmax japan almost went bankrupt. 5zigen usa was doing it for them but now that its supposedly under new ownership they stopped and i have no idea if anyone else is. i would rather go through a us shop vice order direct from japan...
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #9439
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Going to be tinting the s14 pretty soon and I live here in cali and I know I can't tint any of the front windows, so I'm just going to tint the rears, my question is how dark can I go that's its not going to be too dark at night? Would I be fine with limo? I've never really driven a car with tint so idk which to choose. All input is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
I'd prolly go with 35% just because I feel like limo tint in back and no tint in front would be too tacky. Too much of a difference imo. Won't be too bad to see through at night if you have good eyes, but obviously a lot harder than no tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravingAKouki View Post
if a 97 s14 doesnt have abs, does it have lsd or no?
Jack the rear end up, but it in gear with the ebrake down, and spin one of the wheels. If the other wheel spins in the opposite direction, it has an LSD. If it doesn't spin at all, it's an open diff. If it spins the same direction, it's a welded diff, but I'm sure you'd notice if you had a welded diff.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #9440
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So i just finished rebuilding my ka, put the motor back in the car with no tranny. I put the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate on the block already. Simply curiosity, is it even possible to turn on a motor with nO tranny? Will the motor crank? Its probably impossible since the starter isnt there, but im just anxious and cant wait. So i wanted
To know even though i ready know the answer
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #9441
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzio240sx View Post
So i just finished rebuilding my ka, put the motor back in the car with no tranny. I put the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate on the block already. Simply curiosity, is it even possible to turn on a motor with nO tranny? Will the motor crank? Its probably impossible since the starter isnt there, but im just anxious and cant wait. So i wanted
To know even though i ready know the answer
...Without the starter, no. But if you were to mount the starter and turn the key, it should start. Provided you didn't screw something up. Yes, even without the transmission.

I can't believe I just answered that.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #9442
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I can't believe I just answered that.
i can't believe someone just asked that
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #9443
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
soooooooo......my s13 won't start. i have spark, but no fuel for some reason. checked my new fuel pump and that wasn't plugged in all the way (i'm a retard), but with that fixed, i still have no fuel at the rail. the pump now primes when i turn the car to ON. i pulled off a fuel line from the fuel filter, which should be fuel in from the pump, but it's dry. what else could be wrong?
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #9444
chiboy002
Post Whore!

does anyone know how i can go about recycling my koyorad?

i don't want to just throw it in the trash, i wanna see if i can make like $5 off it
Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #9445
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
does anyone know how i can go about recycling my koyorad?

i don't want to just throw it in the trash, i wanna see if i can make like $5 off it
Scrapyard. It should be aluminum right?

How messed up is it?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #9446
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
soooooooo......my s13 won't start. i have spark, but no fuel for some reason. checked my new fuel pump and that wasn't plugged in all the way (i'm a retard), but with that fixed, i still have no fuel at the rail. the pump now primes when i turn the car to ON. i pulled off a fuel line from the fuel filter, which should be fuel in from the pump, but it's dry. what else could be wrong?
plugged filter? check your fuel lines all the way back for leaks, pull the feed line to the filter off and roll the key on and see if it squirts fuel.

also, just because a pump primes doesnt mean its good. with the bad connection theres a chance you could've burnt the motor because it was trying to draw too much current
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #9447
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
plugged filter? check your fuel lines all the way back for leaks, pull the feed line to the filter off and roll the key on and see if it squirts fuel.

also, just because a pump primes doesnt mean its good. with the bad connection theres a chance you could've burnt the motor because it was trying to draw too much current
figured it out. the polarity was reversed on the pump wiring. who knew that walbro quality control would let a connector get out with the wires switched? fml.

thanks for the suggestions.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #9448
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Scrapyard. It should be aluminum right?

How messed up is it?
messed up enough that i gotta replace

yeah its aluminium, although i don't know if the core is too but i think it is
Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #9449
omii27

omii27 is an unknown quantity at this point
ima do a ka-t can i use q45 injectors or j30 injectors?
omii27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #9450
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Anyone know where i can buy a nissan sticker thats a weird size? 4 x 3/4". Something that looks like stock nissan. Something like this maybe without the red emblem.