Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #9541
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It's the Anti-Telsa. It's as red blooded American as it gets. That's why it's awesome.
Tesla is more American than Cadillac in every way but public perception.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #9542
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
It looks like the 991 and Model S had a baby. Now where the hell is that wagon they keep showing off?
That's a for sure actually. The car doesn't "debut" until next week.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #9543
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Tesla is more American than Cadillac in every way but public perception.
I mean as far as a huge fire breathing, gasoline destroying, mega HP Caddy. That's American. Millennials need not apply.

Last edited by exitspeed; 06-23-2016 at 08:01 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #9544
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
I mean as far as a huge fire breathing, gasoline destroying, mega HP Caddy. That's American. Millennials need not apply.
American used to mean progress and conquering space and inventing the internet and stuff.
Now it means being stubborn and set in old outdated ways and refusing to boldly move forward.
That is how Rome fell. Yee-haw.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:38 AM   #9545
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Japan used to mean progress and conquering the future, high quality and amazing value.

Now it means being stubborn and set in old outdated ways and refusing to boldly move forward.

Fixed that for you.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #9546
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
American used to mean progress and conquering space and inventing the internet and stuff.
We get it. You love Tesla, and Corbic loves Mustangs.

Take your Bernie lectures elsewhere. RWD V8 wagons are cool. Period.

Fucking Rome analogies. Lol
Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #9547
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just saw a Project 7 yesterday. I chased it along Hwy 35 in the bay area and holy crap did it sound amazing. I would not mind swapping that into a S chassis. It probobly would not be any less reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:24 AM   #9548
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds like a tuned amg.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #9549
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

If I had this kinda money for a second car this would more than likely be my pick. It's arguably the most underrated car on the market. It's the closest to a 4 door Vette GM has ever made and it's suuuuuuuch a bargain. More power is never a bad thing either.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/08/2...ged-lsa-rumor/
Old 07-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #9550
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
If I had this kinda money for a second car this would more than likely be my pick. It's arguably the most underrated car on the market. It's the closest to a 4 door Vette GM has ever made and it's suuuuuuuch a bargain. More power is never a bad thing either.

Do it! Been a fan since the G8 days.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #9551
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

Few days ago there was a deal that took 20% off MSRP on top of $500 cash back. Now THAT was a bargin. New 2016 SS for ~$36K

If only I had the money
Old 07-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #9552
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Few days ago there was a deal that took 20% off MSRP on top of $500 cash back. Now THAT was a bargin. New 2016 SS for ~$36K

If only I had the money

You could buy a Cobra and pocket $15k for that....

Or just buy a 2011 GT500....

I'll pass.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #9553
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
if you want a 4 door like the SS, a 2 door Mustang is probably not what your going to be looking for.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #9554
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
if you want a 4 door like the SS, a 2 door Mustang is probably not what your going to be looking for.

If I want 4 door performance, I'm buying a Raptor.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:34 PM   #9555
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Heard and saw a 2016 eco boost 4 Stang going up the street the other sounded like complete ass.
I was like wow that sounds like a toy as bad or worse than a Honda.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #9556
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Heard and saw a 2016 eco boost 4 Stang going up the street the other sounded like complete ass.

It's that 4-banger life bruh.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #9557
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, they sound like a tractor...only worse. Then again, not many 4 pots that don't sound like a bad night after taco bell.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #9558
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

It was surprising to me how bad they sounded. It sounds....hollow. Like they made the exhaust louder than normal to compensate for the lack of cylinders.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #9559
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I'm just deaf, but I listened to the focus rs and the eb stang. The stang sounds awful compared to the rs. Isn't it the same 2.3 in both?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #9560
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Maybe I'm just deaf, but I listened to the focus rs and the eb stang. The stang sounds awful compared to the rs. Isn't it the same 2.3 in both?
Yes.

Who knows with the exhaust routing and what not.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #9561
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Don't know. The rs just sounds angry, eb mustang is meh. May be the same engine, but there's definitely something different between the two.

I listened to a bunch of exhaust clips for the eb stang. So far the only one that doesn't sound like shit is the magnaflow street. Everything else sounds like a tractor.

Last edited by lunchmeat; 07-09-2016 at 10:22 PM..
Old 07-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #9562
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Think about where each of those sit in their individual product line.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #9563
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Same engine, different almost everything else. Bigger turbo, different exhaust, different tunes.

As for the EB stang, that roush exhaust sounds like straight up shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #9564
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Down in Naples celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary. Decided to rent something better. '16 640i with the M package. Pretty fun car. Looks sexy as hell (love this gen, not crazy about the previous), decent speed. Interior layout is laughable in some spots. The iDrive really is as unintuitive as I've been reading all these years. Worth the rental though.

Last edited by exitspeed; 07-16-2016 at 12:42 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #9565
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Down in Naples celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary. Decided to rent something better. '16 640i with the M package. Pretty fun car. Looks sexy as hell (love this gen, not crazy about the previous), decent speed. Interior layout is laughable in some spots. The iDrive really is as unintuitive as I've been reading all these years. Worth the rental though.
A buddy of mine has an M6 Gran Coupe. In my mind it is one of the sexiest 4 door RWD cars available today.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #9566
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Same engine, different almost everything else. Bigger turbo, different exhaust, different tunes.

As for the EB stang, that roush exhaust sounds like straight up shit.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:54 AM   #9567
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
A buddy of mine has an M6 Gran Coupe. In my mind it is one of the sexiest 4 door RWD cars available today.
I agree. Both the sedan and the coupe are gorgeous. I wonder how BMW makes such slinky, beautiful cars like those and at the same time makes turd shaped autos like the X6, X4 and the 3 and 5 series GT. Fuck.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #9568
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
How come no one else is excited that the Mercedes Metris is available in the US?
RWD turbo 4-cylinder. Starts at 28K$ new. Gets 10/10 on all reviews.
Best tuner platform of the last decade.

Here is the 900hp electric version.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:35 AM   #9569
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Here is the 900hp electric version.
Awesome van vid
How do I give them my money? This is one van I would not be embarrassed to drive around town.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:48 PM   #9570
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

650hp. 6. Hundred. And fifty. http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/31/2...50-horsepower/

Sure its not the 700 from the hellcats, but it's also not 4500lbs and has a world class chassis.

$60k is a deal.