Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #931
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

But lets face it, none of these shows are "serious". They are 22 minute commercials for Bandai to sell us new merchandise and model kits.
I think UC, WING(after colony? I don't remember.), and 00 are attempting to address real issues in an underdeveloped art form.

WING and 00 are the same basic frame work from the opposite perspective. Freedom fighters fighting for independence vs terrorists fighting to destabilize the world for their own ends. I think 00 does a better job of this, for the most part. I would love to see another in this style but done much much more serious.

Yes they are selling kits but some turn it into a mecha of the week fest.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #932
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
im suprised noone has mentioned after war gundam x or turn a yet being that both of those were good imo. victory gundam kinda sucked though lol.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #933
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Started watching Mushi Shi last night on Netflix. I like that its like a collection of short stories...in that the main character is in each episode but the episodes are not tied together in any way. Its nice to not feel like I have to watch all 24 episodes at one time, hahaha.
Glad you're enjoying it
definitely not for everyone but a nice change of pace from the typical stuff
very serene and warm story telling

confession time:
I know it's cliched and not very good but
I'm a sucker for soccer anime
so really enjoying Knight In The Area

oh and also enjoying the Naruto non-filler episodes going on right now
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #934
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just finished watching Grave of the Fireflies for one of my classes. It was pretty good despite being one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #935
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I bit the bullet and stated watching Initial D.

1. Would have been WAY better without the cheesy CGI cars. The ones that are actually hand drawn look great.

2. Why does every character look like a five year old drew a face on a shovel? An ugly face at that.

EDIT
His crappy friends sound like a bunch of agents trying to boss around a client that doesn't need them.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #936
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I bit the bullet and stated watching Initial D.

1. Would have been WAY better without the cheesy CGI cars. The ones that are actually hand drawn look great.

2. Why does every character look like a five year old drew a face on a shovel? An ugly face at that.

Emulates the original manga style. I hated it at first but a few episodes in you "forget about it". They also restyle the series twice. Second season is clean but stiff animation, and IIRC Season 3 forward it becomes crisp and modern.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #937
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It is abundantly clear that that artists is much better at mechanical and architectural things than at people. Ugh

Last edited by kingkilburn; 02-11-2012 at 12:28 AM..
kingkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #938
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
Just finished watching Grave of the Fireflies for one of my classes. It was pretty good despite being one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched.
I know how you feel, wish someone had warned me it was going to bum me out. All I heard was "it's good".

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #939
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If we had told you how completely depressed it would make you would you have watched it?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #940
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
I would have passed on it and taken my friends word for it. It's the same reason I didn't watch usagi drop.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #941
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It is abundantly clear that that artists is much better at mechanical and architectural things than at people. Ugh
Promise you, it gets better.

Spoiler, kind of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9ssVcx49Q

The last season has bunch of butt clinching moments. Please tell me you're watching the Japanese version too, the redone American one are TERRIBLE.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #942
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Whatever netflix has. At this point I'm only watching for the car stuff. I'm already tired of the rhythm of the show as well as all the characters but the dad. The budding bromance of the two knight kids is some what entertaining.

This show suffers greatly from battlesdragonitus. Its got it DBZ bad. It doesn't take an hour and a half to blast down a foothill road at speed.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #943
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Well if they're speaking in Japanese, but with English subtitles, that's the good one. I agree, the characters aren't eye popping or intriguing, but the action and cars are the star of the show. If you get bored, just skip ahead, you won't miss too much story wise.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #944
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Have you guys seen Welcome to the NHK? Its kind of odd at first but i got really into it.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #945
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Whatever netflix has. At this point I'm only watching for the car stuff. I'm already tired of the rhythm of the show as well as all the characters but the dad. The budding bromance of the two knight kids is some what entertaining.

This show suffers greatly from battlesdragonitus. Its got it DBZ bad. It doesn't take an hour and a half to blast down a foothill road at speed.
Ah but if your being paid per episode it's in your favor to milk it.

Just like Bleach, Narato and any other +100 episode show. They go on and on and on - just like American sit coms. Very little is really happening.

12-24 episodes series are best.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #946
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
2 season anime's are usually the best the only problem is that they then leave you wanting more

just finished 2, 2 season anime. one sucked and one was brilliant

first off rosario + vampire is just terrible. worst written anime you will ever hope to find.

on the other hand spice and wolf is the complete opposite. amazing anime with some great writing and character development. I have heard allot about this series but have put off watching it until now. very dialog heavy but the dialog is witty and well done. I loved it, and have also heard they will be releasing a much awaited 3rd season in november.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #947
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post

They should animate Over Rev...

YES

I am reading the manga and its awsome
Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #948
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Spice and Wolf I loved it. Can't wait for the season 3. Rosario + Vampire was just fan service lol.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #949
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

I have really learned to not judge a book by its cover, I had been putting off spice and wolf for awhile because I figured it would be very corny. I am happy I was wrong.

About to rewatch akira in 1080p then check the lastest hellsing ultimate 9 that came out just recently
Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #950
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
just started trigun, liking it alot so far. im on episode 10
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #951
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Waiting is good too on my weekly catch list.
The 'trip to Okinawa' episode was great.
I also wonder what Remon's deal is, she is quite mysterious, but makes things fun.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #952
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The 'trip to Okinawa' episode was great.
I also wonder what Remon's deal is, she is quite mysterious, but makes things fun.
I think she is an alien too from the planet loli.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #953
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I only gets better. The Humanoid Typhoon does not disappoint.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #954
denian_cellphone
Zilvia Junkie

denian_cellphone is an unknown quantity at this point
can't go wrong with gundam series especially wing and 00, full metal alchemist BROTHERHOOD, and death note!

im currently watching mirai nikki, another, and hunter x hunter (remake). Those three are currently on-going and so far they pretty good. OHH GUNDAM UNICORN is epic but its like 1 ep every 4 months.
denian_cellphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #955
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Spice and Wolf I loved it. Can't wait for the season 3. Rosario + Vampire was just fan service lol.
as far as i know there isnt a 3rd season planned.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #956
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
im currently watching these anime, Brave 10, Naruto Ship. Bleach, Fairy Tail, Guilty Crown, and Hakuouki. I enjoy them all but Bleach and Naruto have to many fillers! There full of action and F.T. is very funny at times and very predictable at times!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #957
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
as far as i know there isnt a 3rd season planned.
from what I have heard they already have the purchased time slots and hired the voice actors

this maybe all gossip but I have heard from several sites people talking about a 3rd season this fall. I don't see why they wouldn't either it was very well liked in Japan and they have plenty of material to work with now that the books are finished (at least the main story is).
Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #958
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Just started watching fairy tail. Pretty funny and cool to watch. I like it
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #959
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
just finished gurren lagann! pretty entertaining...having no expectations running into it randomly on netflix

halfway through samurai 7, ALSO pretty entertaining

and initial D i was reading the manga but got over it...just way too repetitive and the anime was just too horrible...couldn't get myself past ep 10
kenshinS14sks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #960
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Initial D, imo, has to be seen in context
what I mean by that is that this show is over a decade old
and pre-dates F&F, D1, Formula D, etc.
It was out before most people here knew what a 240 was.
Sure, the animation sucks and the characters can be annoying at times
(not to mention how much better anime production has gotten since)
but at the time it was really cool and grabbed the imagination of would be car people.

Personally, I don't know if I would have found my way to 240s had it not been for it.
I see it now and it's kinda depressing just to know how much influence it had over me.

in other news,
Another is probably my favorite show of the season.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote