Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #931
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I clicked those a little too late. Man, those would be prime on any car. Good find.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #932
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
was gonna buy these to get relipped.
Spent my money on something else last month and now after watching these for 2 months someone else bid on them.

SSR AGLE STRUSSE 17

Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #933
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
im glad you didnt buy those, theyre hideous

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #934
antigravity
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
antigravity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fyi...Jesse came through for me...went out of his way to source out a set of rare WEDS center caps in Japan...straight forward/no bullshit guy/quick to respond. Transaction went silky smooth. A++ for Jesse.
antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #935
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Somebody buy this and make it work lol.

★希少絶版★NISMOè£ ãƒ‹ã‚¹ãƒ¢240kモニタム付メーターBCNR33用GT-R - ヤフオク!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #936
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Someone buy this damn seat!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #937
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ Uhhh too cool.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #938
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I'm sure a bunch of you guys would like this as well...
Old 06-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #939
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Damn that Zeros went for super cheap. Lol @ someone on here having streeter put in a bid and getting out-bid. I hate that feeling when something slips away.

When trying to send a Zeros via EMS mine got kicked back (the dumbo ears put it in a different category) and Jesse said it was going to have to go DHL for like 3 times the price of shipping ($500 I think DHL). But he was able to repackage slimmer and it went EMS to my relief.

That Gardis 2 is really cool, I'd seen that. Can't believe they go for that much.

Last edited by dazed; 10-01-2013 at 02:01 PM..
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #940
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Was expecting Thrash!, very disappointed.

This one is cooler.

ブリッド リク㠩イニングバケッ ƒˆã‚·ãƒ¼ãƒˆ - ヤフオク!

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #941
Corbic
Post Whore!

I love these old garbage Bride seats, check out the gnarled stitch work.

I'd totally pay $150-200 for one. However, shipping alone I bet exceeds that.

¥100スターム 難あã‚* BR IDE(ブリッド )セミバケä¸*古 - ヤフオク!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #942
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
streeter gave me an estimate on 500 shipping per seat for reclinables. I just bought two more seats. Shit aint cheap lol. But when rare ballerness presents itself, you have to act right then and there.

Im glad you all go for bride and leave the real mans seats plentiful to be bought up lol.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #943
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post

Im glad you all go for bride and leave the real mans seats plentiful to be bought up lol.
This I too enjoy.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #944
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #945
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

An what seat would that be? I'm very critical of Bride, however I'm also a sucker for "retro" JDM parts. The early 90's era of JDM tuning is the 1965-1972 era of Muscle cars.

Early Brides are rather iconic in that sense.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #946
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

there are maybe a handful of bride's that are cool and not overly played out. They have no spice or uniqueness. They all look the same. Bride pattern....wow what a shocker. If bride said they plan on releasing a new seat I bet we all could draw it on paper. Half the kids on here only get them because they know that is one thing they wont get flamed on lol. They follow the crowd. Recaro on the other hand. Well they speak for themselves. There is a reason nismo, honda, mitsu, subaru, Impul, and I believe "Navan" etc and any other serious about quality car company uses Recaro.

Although I do like some of those new cusco bride seats.

Just my opinion. limitless patterns and styles, always a quality seat.

While you guys were hunting brides, you passed up two old OG nismo recaro seats. I believe these were offered for r32 gtr and I know they were put in the R33 GTR LM road car (I hope everyone is familiar with that car).

Which bring my collection of these seats to 3. The only 3 I have ever seen for sale ever lol. I know of two more in a guys gtr in Europe and I recall there was one floating around many years ago. There is also the Mesh headrest style, which I personally don't care for. This was nismo's pattern back then for whatever reason. They used in the nismo 270r although those were just basic stock style seats.

Last edited by BossHogg; 06-30-2013 at 08:35 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #947
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I do like quite a few Recaro seats. I was actually looking at buying RS-G and a SR7 pair, before I bought some Brides.

I hear you on seeing the same things over and over again. I see the same thing with Recaros. I wish I would see different Recaro's other then SR3's pairs, Evo sets, or regular pole positions.

They have awesome stuff, in the craziest colorways, but no one is on that tip.

Anyways, check out this pair of VS-KF 18×10J +20
Old 06-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #948
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
there are maybe a handful of bride's that are cool and not overly played out. They have no spice or uniqueness. They all look the same. Bride pattern....wow what a shocker. If bride said they plan on releasing a new seat I bet we all could draw it on paper. Half the kids on here only get them because they know that is one thing they wont get flamed on lol. They follow the crowd. Recaro on the other hand. Well they speak for themselves. There is a reason nismo, honda, mitsu, subaru, Impul etc and any serious about quality car company uses Recaro.

Although I do like some of those new cusco bride seats.

Just my opinion. limitless patterns and styles.
Bride is just a Japanese knock of Recaro.

Just like you accuse Bride of being boring and played out... well so is Recaro... and Status, and Sparco and any other seat.

Bride is a big deal only because they are generally hard to get in the US. It's JDM yo.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #949
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
These are nice

RECARO
REC
RECARO
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #950
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Bride is just a Japanese knock of Recaro.

Just like you accuse Bride of being boring and played out... well so is Recaro... and Status, and Sparco and any other seat.

Bride is a big deal only because they are generally hard to get in the US. It's JDM yo.
The "name" Recaro is played out. That's just because of the reputation. But there are to many seat styles for them to be played out. You barely ever see them on S chasis because of the bride bandwagon. Sure we have seen the classic confetti ones here and there. Which even when you do see those it's nice because you know the next 3-4 240's will have some sort of bride. But there are so many more fabric designs etc that its hard to play them out, especially in the SR 1-7 series of seat. The seats you listed are somewhat played out because they are cheaper. But you didn't even name, profi spg, profi, profi spa or the proracer. You never see those, maybe spg because they are cheaper. But those own any bride. That is my point. Bride is the same crap over and over. Price has some to play with those decisions to and as well type of use. But its hard to be played out when its only their entry level seat (pole position) being used so much lol.

I don't remember brides being hard to get. Maybe that's just me.

Like I said, just my opinion.

EDIT* Just realized I tied two separate posts together, my bad, to lazy to fix lol. I think I got my idea across though.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #951
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The "name" Recaro is played out. That's just because of the reputation. But there are to many seat styles for them to be played out. You barely ever see them on S chasis because of the bride bandwagon. Sure we have seen the classic confetti ones here and there. Which even when you do see those it's nice because you know the next 3-4 240's will have some sort of bride.
Meh.

Thats like saying Hurst Shifters and Craggier wheels are played out on Muscle cars. Or BFG ATs and GY MTRs are lame because EVERYONE rocks them on their truck.

It's just part of that car/brand/image thing. When you build a particular car you tend to picture it a certain way and you build it that way. A guy wanting a 240 isn't dreaming up blue vinyl interior with 15" "Bullet" style wheels and a cherry-bomb dual exhaust.

Just like a Euro guy isn't buying that M3 to slap in a Bride seat, Tomei exhaust and Weds Wheels. He wants that Porsche Recaro GT3 seat, BBS wheels and Dinan performance parts.

Not everyone is out to be a trend setter or even be original. Fuck, your driving a 240sx, which is far from original in the first place.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #952
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The guy has an aqua blue Advan V2 wheel in his avatar. Obviously he is a non-conformist.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #953
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Annnnd /game over.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #954
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

lol I have had those wheels for damn near 10 years. I think 2004 or 5 is when I got them. I can't remember. There wasn't many 19-20 year old kids bucking up for the good shit back then. The scene was still figuring things out. I remember waiting 6 months for advan to make and ship them lol.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #955
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Times have changed. It's time to change.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #956
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Meh.

Thats like saying Hurst Shifters and Craggier wheels are played out on Muscle cars. Or BFG ATs and GY MTRs are lame because EVERYONE rocks them on their truck.
For the most part yes. Even my dad and his old time car buddies make fun of cragar wheels lol. Kind of like torque thrust two's........played the hell out. Yet people still think they "have" something. I dunno maybe I have just been around to long. The shit gets old lol. Like I said it's just my opinion. I don't dislike bride by any means they are quality and clean, I mean its better than corbeau or sparco seats being the "mainstream" i guess. Or the old APC seats lol. My god. To me seeing brides is like watching fireworks, you've seen one you have seen them all.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #957
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Well, being someone who has owned his fair share of Recaro's, they're almost all the same - just most of the time the center pattern is different. They use the same style even to this day. My EVO X Recaro's look simliar to those grey/black NISMO checkers.

They're always some type of graffiti checkerish kind of pattern in random colors. The old school VW orange/purple graffiti's are pretty cool, doe.

To each their own.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #958
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Too much Bride vs. Recaro bullshit.

Agree to disagree, and move on. No need to get all philosophical and that opinionated.

I thought this thread was for cool stuff people find on YAJ?

希少【日産 純æ*£ãƒ‹ãƒ¼ã ƒ‘ッド】S13シルビア €ï¼²ï¼³ï¼‘3/180SX - ヤフオク!

OEM Kneepads

ヤフオク!

Do-Luck Silvia Grill

Okuyama Carbing S14 half-cage

S14

Cheap, good sized (for stock body) Equips w/ DDC lips.

3-378

I will own a set of Strusse someday.

深リãƒ* SSR エイグル  ストラッセ 10J 2æœ ¬ - ヤフオク!
★深リãƒ* 10J+11エイグ㠃«ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ©ãƒƒã‚»ã€€SSR 2本 17インチ - ヤフオク!

(Pairs: 18x10 +24, 17x10 +11)

Minty looking Exas II

ブリッドエクサス2レー㠃«ä»˜ã - ヤフオク!

On another note but still YAJ related, I get to pick up this from the Post Office tomorrow

Last edited by dazed; 07-05-2013 at 05:10 PM..
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #959
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

NICE! I expect better pictures once it's picked up!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #960
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Take some pics of the way it's packed as well if you would please. I've got a seat or two I want to send to a future me.