Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #9841
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Presumably, this fellow only owns one vehicle, and this configuration allows him to go hunting, drifting, and lynching on the same weekend.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #9842
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
God that needs to be my new signature. Pure win in that reply ^^^^^
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #9843
Falkendrift45

Trader Rating: (0)
Falkendrift45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Falkendrift45
The car is track only. Stays on the trailer unless it's getting work done. My Avalanche is my hunting and lynching vehicle
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (153.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 03-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #9844
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Not mad at all, its your car if youre happy with it that's great..... My point is, your car looks like utter shit as well, so you have no business ragging on someone elses car..... Get your shitbox proper then go act like an elitist douchebag.
Since when does one's car have be perfect to critic someone else's car? If you have eye balls you can spot a haggard piece of shit, it's not like he compared his car to theirs... That's some dumb fucking 'unique snowflake' millennial mindset right there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkendrift45 View Post
The car is track only. Stays on the trailer unless it's getting work done. My Avalanche is my hunting and lynching vehicle
You drive an Avalanche... holy fuck, what's your grocery getter an Aztec? BUHAHAHAHAHA

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/why-th...ery-1471180393
Old 03-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #9845
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

You drive an Avalanche... holy fuck, what's your grocery getter an Aztec? BUHAHAHAHAHA

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/why-th...ery-1471180393
You are going to critique someone for driving a truck as a daily/tow rig?

I feel fucking bad for you.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #9846
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
You are going to critique someone for driving a "truck" as a daily/tow rig?

Fixed that for you.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #9847
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Fixed that for you.
I can only imagine the guy who wrote that article about the truck is just as terrible as you are.

Glad his main choice of vocabulary was to use "Asshat" in every other sentence while he re words the same paragraph 5 times talking shit about all the douche bags that probably fucked his girl in the back seat of their "truck".
Old 03-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #9848
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Sorry, but imma keep this ring jank going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
It was pretty comical that four of the photos posted were the same care, another was the same car he was criticizing (with a different owner at the time,) and one was a Hot Road car with wide fenders.

My car is one of said cookie cutter cars though, so I shouldn't talk lol.

Yeah, I got to chase that thing around PGP when Levon owned it. So fun.

Just because a lot of people do low Type X doesn't mean its glory is diluted in any way. If anything, it is just further established as the cornerstone of 180sx styling. There's a fucking reason there are like 3 or 4 iterations of the Type X thread on this forum.

Doing something "different" and "unique" but ultimately shitty looking for attention is the same thing as a fat chick dying her hair pink.

If the formula fits, don't fuck with it.

OT:
Old 03-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #9849
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

Doing something "different" and "unique" but ultimately shitty looking for attention is the same thing as a fat chick dying her hair pink.

If the formula fits, don't fuck with it.
Perfect analogy
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #9850
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Hot pink 16's stylin and profilin. #Sunk #Illest #JustdrilltheplateonFAM
This my old car from over 10 years ago!!! HAHAH!!! This car saw more track time at buttonwillow then your car i bet.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #9851
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I can only imagine the guy who wrote that article about the truck is just as terrible as you are.

Glad his main choice of vocabulary was to use "Asshat" in every other sentence while he re words the same paragraph 5 times talking shit about all the douche bags that probably fucked his girl in the back seat of their "truck".
This is my point, the dude that builds a S13 like his, of course, drives an Avalanche and fits into this:

Quote:
In conclusion, every Avalanche, and I mean every, is driven by a “bro,” whether it be a 20-year-old bro or a 53-year-old bro. If you want to at least keep a little mystery as to whether you’re a “bro” or a construction contractor, buy an actual Silverado.
Quote:
The Avalanche was built on GM’s GMT800 (which i’m guessing means it was built in Britain in the early morning) which is based off the previous Silverado, using dated technology. It’s also roughly two feet longer than the Tahoe, but somehow has a shorter bed than an F-150 short-bed
^These are facts. It's a shitty excuse for that T word you keep throwing around all willy-nilly. Sorry to upset your truck love. But if he wants to daily an 18MPG truck to carry his lynching bro's and pick up 4 pieces of firewood, then by all means have at it.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #9852
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Track day bro? Track day bro. You got those extra wheels bro?
Bro do you even have seat time bro?
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #9853
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

^These are facts. It's a shitty excuse for that T word you keep throwing around all willy-nilly. Sorry to upset your truck love. But if he wants to daily an 18MPG truck to carry his lynching bro's and pick up 4 pieces of firewood, then by all means have at it.

How is the Avalanche not a truck? It rides the same full size frame of the Yukon, Sierra, H2, Tahoe, Silverado and Escalade.

Regardless of anything else, it's a full size truck.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #9854
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Hot pink 16's stylin and profilin. #Sunk #Illest #JustdrilltheplateonFAM
Shut-up. Sans the wheel color and illest sticker, I'd rock that today.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #9855
derek king
Nissanaholic!

We have some truck annalists bro with all the proper specs to build a sick truck not a "truck"

A dude is driving pro am. Ground breaking insanity! !

Other dude has a 10ft flag poll sticking out of his car.

#ProudOfYouDudes
Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #9856
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 03-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #9857
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Im into that irl
Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #9858
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
This my old car from over 10 years ago!!! HAHAH!!! This car saw more track time at buttonwillow then your car i bet.
I don't live near there so I don't doubt that.
Plus we've already determined tracking the car has little to no bearing on if you're doing it wrong.
My point was you can nit pick little details about every car ever made except Broadfield so if we could stick to pure dumpster worthy cars that'd be neat.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #9859
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Dukes of Hazzard s13
Definitely not my style, but far from doing it wrong and you know that.

Stop trying to rustle jimmies
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #9860
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkendrift45 View Post

always. ALWAYS.

florida, you do not disappoint.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #9861
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Definitely not my style, but far from doing it wrong and you know that.

Stop trying to rustle jimmies

All this talk of Rednecks, Trucks and a Vapping, had too.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #9862
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You are going to critique someone for driving a truck as a daily/tow rig?

This. Sure the Avalanche is ugly and less practical than a Silverado, and his car is still a complete POS. Still, find me another V8 truck with 4x4 and a tow rating good enough to tow a car on a trailer, that can be bought for anywhere near what Avalanches go for used. I almost bought one for a tow rig, and it certainly wasn't because I liked it. At all. They just make good sense. He's not an idiot for that. He's just an idiot for pretty much everything else.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #9863
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
This. Sure the Avalanche is ugly and less practical than a Silverado, and his car is still a complete POS. Still, find me another V8 truck with 4x4 and a tow rating good enough to tow a car on a trailer, that can be bought for anywhere near what Avalanches go for used. I almost bought one for a tow rig, and it certainly wasn't because I liked it. At all. They just make good sense. He's not an idiot for that. He's just an idiot for pretty much everything else.
I actually got a hemi Durango for that purpose. I'm pretty happy with it. It's not my daily though.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #9864
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I actually got a hemi Durango for that purpose. I'm pretty happy with it. It's not my daily though.

Oh Durangos.

I got a Brocoma, and it is my daily.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:53 PM   #9865
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Anyway dudes, just submitted a picture of my car to Falken. I am representing their name with a decal. Hope to get sponsored.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #9866
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the nice thing about ^ that car is that when you crash into the trees, it will blend in nicely and no one will need to find it
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #9867
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Oh Durangos.

I got a Brocoma, and it is my daily.
Actually here it is when I first picked up my 240.

Plenty wrong with the car so I guess it fits here.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #9868
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
Still, find me another V8 truck with 4x4 and a tow rating good enough to tow a car on a trailer, that can be bought for anywhere near what Avalanches go for used.
Quick CL search.
04 avalanche 4x4 177k miles, $9750
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5477936421.html
06 sierra crew cab 4x4 153k miles $9695
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/5479061635.html
04 ram 1500 5.7L 4x4 crew cab, 174k miles $6900
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5490433743.html

Seems like most of the local avalanches are listed as 2wd or $11k+ You can get good 2500/diesel trucks once you get about $10k... You can still get a good diesel for less, but it will be older and have over 220k miles. I was looking for similar years and miles... And 4 doors.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #9869
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough

Old 03-16-2016, 05:12 AM   #9870
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
Quick CL search.
04 avalanche 4x4 177k miles, $9750
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5477936421.html
06 sierra crew cab 4x4 153k miles $9695
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/5479061635.html
04 ram 1500 5.7L 4x4 crew cab, 174k miles $6900
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5490433743.html

Seems like most of the local avalanches are listed as 2wd or $11k+ You can get good 2500/diesel trucks once you get about $10k... You can still get a good diesel for less, but it will be older and have over 220k miles. I was looking for similar years and miles... And 4 doors.
Yeah, I don't buy vehicles with 175,000 miles unless they've been really well gone over, especially if I want to use them for towing and work. When I was looking, an Avalanche with acceptable mileage and AWD was about 7 to 9 grand and a comparable Silverado or Ram was around 15 or more. The other good deal was the early 2000's 2500HD's, which were 10 to 12 grand for a decent one.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote