Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #961
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Wtf. Send me the link next time
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #962
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Sonoma Drift this past Wednesday was fire! Car drove like shit. Powered by Max stuff loves to come loose. By the time I figured it out my diff let go. Maybe I should put fluid in it next time.

Thank you to Daniel has a Camera and Touge Stars Media for the pics!
Old 05-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #963
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Been really busy lately. Wednesday night drifting, Top Drift and some GoPro video action.

Top drift went pretty well. Qualified 1st at Horse thief but ended up only 4th. Need to be more consistent.

The big news today is GoPro put together a video using my car and their new 360° rig which works really well on your phone. Tyler McQuarrie was driving my car and Matt Powers is also in the video. Definitely a cool opportunity. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbA4oEHleg8
Old 05-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #964
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Some photos from round 2 are coming out. Check out the coverage from AMDrift.com

Top Drift Round 2 Gallery
Old 05-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #965
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Sorry to semi-threadjack but I'd love to see more of that Tacoma lol.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #966
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Sorry to semi-threadjack but I'd love to see more of that Tacoma lol.
It's pretty savage. LS1 powered. Qualified 16 out of 50~ drivers. Dude put up a fight in tandem too, I won but it wasn't a walk away.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #967
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
It's pretty savage. LS1 powered. Qualified 16 out of 50~ drivers. Dude put up a fight in tandem too, I won but it wasn't a walk away.
Wish I could've seen it...
Old 06-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #968
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

With a 3 week break between events I thought it was a good time to work on some reliability.

I picked up this solid state battery disconnect. It's good up to 300amps and has no moving parts. I've had 3 battery disconnects give out so hopefully this is something that will improve reliability moving forward.

Also sent my twin plate off to be refreshed. The "power strap" seems to have let go so even with the clutch fully depressed it wouldn't disengage fully. Exedy is confidant they can fix it so hopefully it will be like new.

Also Super Street got a shot of my car at Top Drift. I'm so happy with the look of the car right now.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #969
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
yeah, it looks better than titties.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:27 PM   #970
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
yeah, it looks better than titties.
Not dem KATitties though ;P
Old 06-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #971
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Car so good. Please don't get bored and switch it up. If you get that itch get another car and do it, but this thing is so perfect as is.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #972
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Car so good. Please don't get bored and switch it up. If you get that itch get another car and do it, but this thing is so perfect as is.
Haha thanks! I don't anticipate changing it except for adding a livery. If I wreck it again I may do something different who knows though.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #973
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I love it when a plan comes together..

Got all the stuff in on Saturday. Final piece (oil pressure sensor I broke) came in Wednesday. Plugged everything in and it fired right up. I took it out to the track and broke the clutch in a little then beat on the car all night without a single issue. Ready for this weekend!

Sorry in advance for the naked photos. (NSFW)

Old 06-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #974
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I guess I can't be dissapointed with how top drift went...

Qualified 2nd, ended up 2nd overall. I needed to bring more tires. I didn't use a brand new set in the finals and kind of got left. Car was on point. Golden Gate Drift round 3 is next weekend. Gotta step it up.

Check out the FULL RECAP video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOmgwa-2efM
Old 06-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #975
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #976
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

OH DAMN GIRL! I haven't seen that one. I have to step it up and beat Trent.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #977
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice Build! Is that a custom power brace or Nismo Power brace? I am also wondering where you got that CF Hood?
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:19 PM   #978
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
Nice Build! Is that a custom power brace or Nismo Power brace? I am also wondering where you got that CF Hood?
It's a Nismo. The hood is a VIS dmax rep.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #979
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Picked up some new rear spares. I dig the look. Varrstoen MK2

Old 07-03-2015, 11:10 PM   #980
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8FXqb8rJ0

Here is a late but comprehensive video from Golden Gate Drift Rd.2 where I was punted into 4th place. Hoping to do better this weekend at rd. 3!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #981
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Round 3 went well! Extended my points lead!

Thanks to dooglestudios for the pics!

I also dragged the wall a little bit and lost a wing end plate so I made some new ones with my laser cutter at work.

I'll be out at Sonoma tonight if anyone wants to come check it out! Starts at 4~, $10 for spectators.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #982
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Check out this Matt Powers (featuring Matt Madrigali's car) video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Mo10M6D-c
Old 09-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #983
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Round 4 of Golden Gate Drift was last weekend and it went really well. Qualified 3rd and ended up 2nd overall. Extended my points lead going into the final round and I have 1 hand on that FormulaD Pro2 License. I can't wait for round 4!

Old 09-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #984
nismoskyline

Trader Rating: (0)
nismoskyline is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just finished reading all 33 pages, good shit man. I'm really impressed with how far you've come, you've made a fan out of me
nismoskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #985
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

WHEEL GAME STRONG! Super happy to announce my partnership with Cosmis Racing Wheels. Shit looks rad as fuck.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 10-12-2015 at 12:27 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #986
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hell yeah. i'd love to get with them. i love my xt006r's
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:26 AM   #987
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

The Formula D prep begins!

I'd like to officially welcome Sikky Manufacturing to the team! I can't wait to drop this quick change subframe set into the car. Reliability and adjustability!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #988
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thats awesome!

Great looking car.
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #989
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just read through this entire thread. Awesome setup, great build thread. I look forward to your future updates.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #990
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very nice... good read
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote