Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #9961
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
There is a thread for fitment questions, but yes it'll fit, easily.

Hope this doesn't sound too smart-ass of me, but can't you just go under your car? Since you're making one, you can have it as wide or long as you like, within reason. As far as the mounting holes, you can see the screw holes on the xmember and by the radiator. oh and aftermarket sways will rub, atleast my whitelines did.
Normally yes id hop under my car, but its currently still in storage and I want to know a rough estimate of the size of sheet metal I'm going to need so I have everything ready to go.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #9962
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Boost_Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
headlights go up but won't go down. just happened out of nowhere. i've done plenty of research and changed a couple parts. so far i've replaced switch on steering column, relays under hood, and the headlight button. no luck. anyone care to share some insight?
Boost_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #9963
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ check the harness that plugs into the headlight button, a lot of the times some of those wires come loose or rip out.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #9964
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know what this is? Opened up the engine control harness and saw this and didn't know what it was.
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #9965
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Loos like the oil.pressure sensor plug

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #9966
dit321

dit321 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question about hub centric rings

I'm trying to fit xxr 527 17x9.75 that are four lug universal and they didn't come with hub centric rings at all. ive already broke 2 wheel studs and im tired of it. I'm trying to fit them on an s14 and need to know what size I need that will fit on my stock hub. any info will help thank you!
dit321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #9967
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^not sure what your asking but the hub bore on nissans are 66. something and most after market wheels are 70 something so i would suggest buy some hub centric rings
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #9968
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Nissan stock is 66.1mm. My RPF1's are 73mm hub bore, so I just got 66.1->73mm rings.

I recommend metal ones, not the shitty plastic ones that end up melting to the wheels/hub from the brake heat. Touge Factory sells them for around 20 bucks I believe.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #9969
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled my header off to see where my oil was leaking from. It is dripping into the header and out of the gasket an burning. The compression in that cylinder is 190 so it isn't the rings. My step dad said it might be the valve guides? Any ideas of anything else? It is also misfiring in that cylinder.
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #9970
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Whats the size of the vacuum line that that goes to the boost source on on the wastegate actuator? Is it 1/4 line or 3/8s? T28 turbo stock waste being replaced with hks one
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #9971
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Nissan stock is 66.1mm. My RPF1's are 73mm hub bore, so I just got 66.1->73mm rings.

I recommend metal ones, not the shitty plastic ones that end up melting to the wheels/hub from the brake heat. Touge Factory sells them for around 20 bucks I believe.
you think it'll melt with daily driving? i doubt my brakes get the hot but idk
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #9972
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

I'd rather not have to deal with it, and for 20 bucks it's whatever... plus, they're GOLD.

Anyway, I'm going to be making a bash bar for the front and rear of my car. I have a few questions.

1. Would it be better to mandrel bend the ends of the front bar, just have a straight bar, or could I just weld on extensions at an angle?
2. Is it safe to make a rear jack point from the bash bar? Right in the center, so I won't have to drive onto wood, and I can easily swap wheels at the track.
3. What size tubing should I use for F/R?

They're just gonna be single bars, nothing crazy. Gonna have someone I know do some of it, and also teach me how to weld, so I'll be doing a portion of it as well. So I just want something basic.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #9973
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
you think it'll melt with daily driving? i doubt my brakes get the hot but idk
I doubt it, ive never had a problem and my brakes caught on fire and smoldered for like 2 mins and rings were fine, it would take a lot of heat to travel all the way to it
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #9974
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

with the plastics?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #9975
angelz365
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
angelz365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
quick question, i have an s13 sr20 with a rom tuned ecu tuned for 550 injectors, z32 maf, and a t28 the problem is my t28 is toast and i have a spare t25 in good condition my question is what will be the outcome if i use that t25?
angelz365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #9976
nemcho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
nemcho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone knows how the mounting points of the OEM cargo net for S14?

This is the cargo net I'm talking about.

One came with my car but I thought it was a kragen net. I just discovered it's a OEM but I don't see were it mounts. Google only provides me pictures for newer models like the Z's and the G's.
nemcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #9977
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
2. Is it safe to make a rear jack point from the bash bar? Right in the center, so I won't have to drive onto wood, and I can easily swap wheels at the track.
i think your good

Mike Burns 'Stripped'tease! on Vimeo

Old 03-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #9978
str1d3r
Leaky Injector

str1d3r is an unknown quantity at this point
will a 6mm spacer be ok to use on stock studs? i dont plan on doing any hard driving or track use, just my dd
str1d3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #9979
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Does anyone make a universal intercooler similar to this in dimensions? Preferably with the outlets parallel to the core instead of pointed forward.

Also, would an intercooler of this size be a sufficient replacement for the stock CA18 or SR20 side-mount, if the turbo and boost are kept stock? I plan to mount it in front of the radiator, similar to the Max HMIC setup.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #9980
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelz365 View Post
quick question, i have an s13 sr20 with a rom tuned ecu tuned for 550 injectors, z32 maf, and a t28 the problem is my t28 is toast and i have a spare t25 in good condition my question is what will be the outcome if i use that t25?
It will be just fine. It's a MAF car, so long as the rest of the setup is sound (it seems) you'll be just fine and never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemcho View Post
Anyone knows how the mounting points of the OEM cargo net for S14?
I truthfllly never knew they had one. I have one from an Xterra that I was going to adapt, but never did. Ended up taking bumper off, putting in two D links, and a strap to keep my little tool box centered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Does anyone make a universal intercooler similar to this in dimensions? Preferably with the outlets parallel to the core instead of pointed forward.
Check ebay, but it's hard to find super short cores. Why on earth are you even wasting the time if the SMIC works?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #9981
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
For my s13 silvia conversion, should i pick up a used gtr grill or buy a new one on ebay? I only ask because I have seen soooooo many that warp and loose their shape. anyone gone the ebay route for this reason?

*disclaimer* I wont necessarily buy it on ebay if i can get a replica somewhere that makes them.

Thanks!
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #9982
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Why on earth are you even wasting the time if the SMIC works?
To have tucked piping.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #9983
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have been looking at white LM GT4's lately and I have noticed some are all white and some have the "forged" raised lettering in red. Wondering if one was was older an older version or what are the difference.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #9984
bnadeau73

bnadeau73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by str1d3r View Post
will a 6mm spacer be ok to use on stock studs? i dont plan on doing any hard driving or track use, just my dd
I would not recommend it. As a minimum, there should be three threads holding the nut on the stud. You most likely do not have this condition met. I would recommend ordering longer studs. Best of luck!
bnadeau73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #9985
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
I have been looking at white LM GT4's lately and I have noticed some are all white and some have the "forged" raised lettering in red. Wondering if one was was older an older version or what are the difference.
The "FORGED MONOBLOCK" lettering is on all LMGT4 wheels and it is the color of the wheel itself. Shown here...

The only difference with LMGT4 wheels is the USDM vs JDM versions. The USDM versions use different style center caps that are not compatible with the JDM variant and vice versa.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #9986
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'd rather not have to deal with it, and for 20 bucks it's whatever... plus, they're GOLD.

Anyway, I'm going to be making a bash bar for the front and rear of my car. I have a few questions.

1. Would it be better to mandrel bend the ends of the front bar, just have a straight bar, or could I just weld on extensions at an angle?
3. What size tubing should I use for F/R?

They're just gonna be single bars, nothing crazy. Gonna have someone I know do some of it, and also teach me how to weld, so I'll be doing a portion of it as well. So I just want something basic.
mandrel bend, cold
jack point is safe, although it does have a little play it is pretty much like jacking it from the front

tubing IDK, ask Vinny at Destruction Warehouse

honestly, let someone who knows how to weld do it all and learn on something less important. why? cause if your welds break in an accident well there goes that, and now you have a pipe that can do what ever it wants getting pushed towards you
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #9987
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

i was driving on the highway and this happened. no idea what went wrong. all the bolts broke off. the car can still roll. anyone know how i can fix this? do i need a new axle? the boots ripped so that needs replacing and i'd have to refill it with grease but what else, is their anything that should be inbetween the axle and diff?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #9988
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
The "FORGED MONOBLOCK" lettering is on all LMGT4 wheels and it is the color of the wheel itself. Shown here...

The only difference with LMGT4 wheels is the USDM vs JDM versions. The USDM versions use different style center caps that are not compatible with the JDM variant and vice versa.
Thanks that's the first close up Ive seen. The red lettering appear to be a sticker above the part I was talking about .
Old 03-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #9989
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
i was driving on the highway and this happened. no idea what went wrong. all the bolts broke off. the car can still roll. anyone know how i can fix this? do i need a new axle? the boots ripped so that needs replacing and i'd have to refill it with grease but what else, is their anything that should be inbetween the axle and diff?
on my stock s13 axles, the axle end has a cup that goes into the diff shaft thing. looks like a cone

if youre replacing the boot then why not buy the oreilly's replacement ones? boots are more suited for low cars
Old 03-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #9990
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What speed sensor combination do i need to use for an rb25 tranny, with KPH cluster?