Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #10021
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I could have swore I saw somewhere on here to change your username? But I can't seem to find it. If someone knows how to do it and can link me to it by PM I would appreciate it.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #10022
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240sx View Post
I could have swore I saw somewhere on here to change your username? But I can't seem to find it. If someone knows how to do it and can link me to it by PM I would appreciate it.

lower section.

http://zilvia.net/f/payments.html
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #10023
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm leaking pwr steering fluid from this nut.. whats it called and is there a seal or something i can change or do I have to change the entire rack

Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #10024
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinys s14 View Post
I'm leaking pwr steering fluid from this nut.. whats it called and is there a seal or something i can change or do I have to change the entire rack

Thats the steering pre load adjustment. I'm sure you could just get some threat seal paste and seal it up if you're having leaks, are you sure that's where it is leaking from?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #10025
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
how do u post a thread? lol i just made an account today haha
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #10026
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany View Post
Please tell me you're joking!?!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #10027
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
Thanks man!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #10028
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

when you are in the section you wish to post in, there are buttons at the top of the thread listing, says new thread.

if you look at the top of this thread, the 'post reply' button is where the new thread button would be when you are not viewing a thread.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #10029
Geezy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Geezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
question about SR20 injector driver parameters... was wondering if each injector duty cycle is actually different between each other... from my understanding... factory tuned computers... each cylinder should be getting the same amount of fuel through out the rpm range and vary upon load correct??
Geezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #10030
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
Thats the steering pre load adjustment. I'm sure you could just get some threat seal paste and seal it up if you're having leaks, are you sure that's where it is leaking from?
I see drips coming from that hex... I kno it's not leaking from the lines.. I cleaned up the area n that's the only place that was dripping
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #10031
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
yeah
the wires for the sensors arent anything special, but if you do extend it then go ahead and buy the proper length heat-resistant sleeving

Jordan Innovations sells per-length i believe
i have some fire resistant loom i got from the wire care company or whatever for another project a while ago, so i got that. i'm not sure what gauge wire it is for the sensor, but does autozone or anywhere sell like shorter lengths of wire so i don't have to buy 50 or 100 ft or something that i don't need?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #10032
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
What speed sensor combination do i need to use for an rb25 tranny, with KPH cluster?

s13 KPH cluster, with rb25 tranny. Speed sensor = ?
Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #10033
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

so i just replaced my radiator hoses with sr20 isis ones from enjuku and drained all the coolant and put new coolant not diluted with water (dont know if thats bad or not to run full concentrated coolant), no leaks on the hoses what so ever but now i have this small drip and i'm not sure where it's coming from.

here's the drip coming down the upper oil pan right under the crank pulley http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0578.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0579.jpg

and here's up above the crank pulley near the P/S pulley it's kind of wet here maybe it's leaking out of the head gasket and dripping down? http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0577.jpg
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #10034
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
so i just replaced my radiator hoses with sr20 isis ones from enjuku and drained all the coolant and put new coolant not diluted with water (dont know if thats bad or not to run full concentrated coolant), no leaks on the hoses what so ever but now i have this small drip and i'm not sure where it's coming from.

here's the drip coming down the upper oil pan right under the crank pulley http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0578.jpg

and here's up above the crank pulley near the P/S pulley it's kind of wet here maybe it's leaking out of the head gasket and dripping down? http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0577.jpg

COULD BE WATER PUMP, try changing that first
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #10035
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
COULD BE WATER PUMP, try changing that first
isn't the water pump on the other side that the lower rad hose connects into? it's completely dry over on that side of the block.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #10036
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
isn't the water pump on the other side that the lower rad hose connects into? it's completely dry over on that side of the block.
Well water could travel

Other things to check could be a loose or leaking valve cover(gasket)

You can check you P/S hoses also,

And the worst one is if you head gasket is leaking.

*It may also be your upper radiator hose
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #10037
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
i have some fire resistant loom i got from the wire care company or whatever for another project a while ago, so i got that. i'm not sure what gauge wire it is for the sensor, but does autozone or anywhere sell like shorter lengths of wire so i don't have to buy 50 or 100 ft or something that i don't need?
Yeah, you can get wiring from vato zone. That's what I got when I was repairing my engine harness and it seems to work fine. Lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #10038
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Radioshack sells wire for cheap, its 20ft i believe. i'd say its probably 18ga but thats a complete guess, they sell tools to identify it, or just eyeball it from a pictures showing them online
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinys s14 View Post
I see drips coming from that hex... I kno it's not leaking from the lines.. I cleaned up the area n that's the only place that was dripping
put some UV dye in your p/s reservoir if you want, then use a black light to see if there is any trace.

Make sure there isnt any marks in the bay already, from A/C leaks or something.

Flush it when youre done or leave it, up to you
Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #10039
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
chiboy, a uv dye/black light kit isnt always very cheap. good idea, but to tinys s14, if you want to try that, most shops should be able to help you out for pretty cheap. clean your undercarriage/bay with some degreaser/pressure washer just to make sure its all dry.

has your ps fluid been going down?
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #10040
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

Had to say. I'd pressure wash/degrease the engine...that would help you trace it for sure. Another thing you can do is pressurize your cooling system...you should see in a heartbeat.

With that said, i'd bet on it being the upper water neck or hose more than anything. If it was a headgasket it wouldn't be that 'clean' looking. Atop of that, the front of the engine is the timing chain cover/oil...if it was leaking out of the front of the engine, it would be leaking into your oil pan. Only if it was leaking along the head, and it somehow traveled all the way to the front, and then down, could it maybe be a headgasket.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #10041
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany View Post
For instant new thread creation, you can utilize this button from the upper quick link menu

Start a Thread!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #10042
MR240FACE

Trader Rating: (0)
MR240FACE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
okay so, I want to take off my lower timing cover (KA24DE) to clean it and reseal it etc... the motor has sat for a while but still has good compression to my knowledge (151+ in all 4) so my question is this: it appears as though the lower timing cover recedes about an inch underneath the head, like this:

will removing it affect my compression in any way? or are there any complications I may run into?
MR240FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #10043
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
chiboy, a uv dye/black light kit isnt always very cheap. good idea, but to tinys s14, if you want to try that, most shops should be able to help you out for pretty cheap. clean your undercarriage/bay with some degreaser/pressure washer just to make sure its all dry.

has your ps fluid been going down?
i've seen some for cheap
you shouldnt need a whole lot, and yeah as you said, if you go to a shop and ask them for some theyll probably charge you no more than 5$
then buy this
Amazon.com: Tracerline (TRATP8620CS) OPTI-LITE Cordless, Economy 6-LED Leak Detection Flashlight: Home Improvement

youll probably use it more than once in your lifetime, so its good to have
Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #10044
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR240FACE View Post
will removing it affect my compression in any way? or are there any complications I may run into?
that section of the gasket wont seal right anymore
Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #10045
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
For instant new thread creation, you can utilize this button from the upper quick link menu

Start a Thread!
thanx ..........
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #10046
MR240FACE

MR240FACE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
that section of the gasket wont seal right anymore
"that section" being that section of the head gasket? if the cover comes off, will my head gasket still do its job and hold compression where it needs to, like the block to head connection.

do people who decide to take the lower timing cover off have to go through the trouble of taking the head off, replacing the head gasket, and buying new head stud bolts, just because removing the lower timing cover messes with compression of the engine. WILL EVERYTHING BE OK IF I TAKE THE LOWER COVER OFF, CLEAN AND DEGREASE IT, RESEAL IT WITH LIQUID GASKET, AND PUT IT BACK ON. lol
MR240FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #10047
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Anyone with Megan streets can you remove the locking collars in the rears? Also can you flip the front brackets as well?
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #10048
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR240FACE View Post

Pull off cover...clean..reseal...stick back on there..has nothing to do with the headgasket sealing your cylinders...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #10049
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Had to say. I'd pressure wash/degrease the engine...that would help you trace it for sure. Another thing you can do is pressurize your cooling system...you should see in a heartbeat.

With that said, i'd bet on it being the upper water neck or hose more than anything. If it was a headgasket it wouldn't be that 'clean' looking. Atop of that, the front of the engine is the timing chain cover/oil...if it was leaking out of the front of the engine, it would be leaking into your oil pan. Only if it was leaking along the head, and it somehow traveled all the way to the front, and then down, could it maybe be a headgasket.
since our water isn't on outside from the winter yet i went to drive up to the car wash, and now my car won't start >.< i've had issues with it before to where i'd have no power (fuel pump wasn't going, gauges dim when i turn the key, etc) then i'd jiggle the battery wires and it'd magically work sometimes. I just had the battery load tested at autozone and it was 79%, came back home hooked it up and it cranks but never starts

edit: i also just put in a 300z fuel filter replacing my old one which looked like it was the original one...maybe that is for some reason causing me to get no fuel?

Last edited by GL Chrillz; 03-16-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #10050
str1d3r
Leaky Injector

str1d3r is an unknown quantity at this point
exhaust hangers

my catback rubs sometimes during right turns only, does anyone know what it could be hitting? the diff or driveshaft i think...?

also i think stiffer hangers (nismo) might solve the problem, does anyone know how many pieces i need for an s13?