Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:11 PM   #991
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Let's see... lots to talk about.

All Star Bash was crazy fun. Won team tandem for the second year running.

I also picked up some more upgrades. Thanks to Inca Madness Racing for the support!

GForce GSR with Andrews Internals and a full set of Wisefab front and rear. I had the opportunity to drive my friend Joe Tardiff's car which is basically the same as mine except wisefab and you see what happened. I can explain why it's better than the powered by max stuff I've been running, but I will hold my review until I can really drive in anger when I get it on my car. I'm keeping it the same for the final round of Golden Gate Drift just to be sure that I take home the championship.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:24 PM   #992
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hell yeah bro! Congratulations, bad ass car too..
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #993
Visionshift

Trader Rating: (0)
Visionshift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is nuts! At first I was curious why your doors were different colors then the body ( I started towards the middle end of the thread) And then it dawned on me they were carbonfiber! Car is mental!
Visionshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #994
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Big week coming up. Wednesday is the last Sonoma Drift of the year before Winter Jam. Meihan layout. Can....Not.....Wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaQmCmzns4

Then next weekend. The time has FINALLY come to put the finishing touches on quite a long ProAm season. Golden Gate Drift will be back at Thunderhill Raceway on November 21st. Open track if you feel like driving but I'll be there to compete.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #995
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sick!!! Pumped for you man! If I can get free I'll head up there to watch!!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #996
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So this has been an intense week. Wednesday night at Sonoma Drift was an absolute shit show. My good friend Joe Tardiff was involved in a serious accident and broke his hip. Anyone who knows him knows that he is the nicest guy in the sport and I feel terrible that it happened. He's going to be ok but it put me in a weird place.

Also that same night I did a little french fry instead of some pizza and ended up getting DESTROYED. I thought my championship run was over.

Luckily my damage was mostly cosmetic. I overnighted a new radiator and made out of to Golden Gate Drift round 5 to finish out the season.

The day was a huge success. Qualified 2nd, ended up finishing first. Car felt great and drove awesome all day. I apologize for all the nudes... NSFW.

The season is finally over and I secured the championship win and my 2016 Pro2 license. I was on the podium 4 out of 5 rounds with a worst finish of 4th. Time to revamp the set up and charge hard into Formula D next year!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #997
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats Matt!! Pumped for you! Keep at it!! You going to need to make any mods to the cage or chassis for pro 2?
Old 11-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #998
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
Congrats Matt!! Pumped for you! Keep at it!! You going to need to make any mods to the cage or chassis for pro 2?
Thanks dude!! Chassis and cage are legal. Just need safety stuff really, seats fire system etc.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #999
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I hope this build never ends. Congrats man
Old 11-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #1000
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post

Is there a reason (other than cosmetic) that you use 6-spoke rims over 5- spokes?
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #1001
supreme_1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
supreme_1 is on the path to ruinsupreme_1 is on the path to ruinsupreme_1 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
what type of rim is that?
supreme_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:40 PM   #1002
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Is there a reason (other than cosmetic) that you use 6-spoke rims over 5- spokes?
The 6 and 5 are exactly the same, just style haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_1
what type of rim is that?

Cosmis Racing Wheels
Old 11-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #1003
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Congratulations man, this is just awesome. Been following this build forever now and rooting for you. Glad to see others dreams come true and it's motivation for myself. What seats are you running now that wouldn't be legal? Do you just need something FIA and HANS compatible or what? Hope you keep us up to date on all the changes and what not, build is incredible. Also, do you think you'll make all or most of the Pro2 events? I'm just hoping to get to see the car in person!
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #1004
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Congratulations man, this is just awesome. Been following this build forever now and rooting for you. Glad to see others dreams come true and it's motivation for myself. What seats are you running now that wouldn't be legal? Do you just need something FIA and HANS compatible or what? Hope you keep us up to date on all the changes and what not, build is incredible. Also, do you think you'll make all or most of the Pro2 events? I'm just hoping to get to see the car in person!
Thank you!!! I actually just got my new seats in today.

Bride Gardis III. Dopest seats in the world IMO. Fits so nicely. I've got to pick up a hans and a new helmet next year once my sponsor 425 Motorsports gets their supply in. I'm definitely doing all the rounds next year. I think I'm teaming up with a local team for transport but that's still in the works. As soon as it's finalized I'll post up an announcement.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #1005
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Talk about dreams come true.
Such an inspiration to a lot of people. Been up and down your entire thread 2 or 3 times.
Congratulations man, you deserve it.
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #1006
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
wow, so awesome! Followed this thread since the beginning, congratulations man!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #1007
jankyzenki

Trader Rating: (1)
jankyzenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is inspiration to many man! Congrats! Also love to see someone getting a 425 sponsorship since thats my hometown dealer! Keep it up and hope to see you accel in Pro2!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #1008
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Thank you!!! I actually just got my new seats in today.

Bride Gardis III. Dopest seats in the world IMO. Fits so nicely. I've got to pick up a hans and a new helmet next year once my sponsor 425 Motorsports gets their supply in. I'm definitely doing all the rounds next year. I think I'm teaming up with a local team for transport but that's still in the works. As soon as it's finalized I'll post up an announcement.
SO sick! Those are one of my favorites as well
Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #1009
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I appreciate those seats on a spiritual level. Glad to see more updates.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #1010
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

This month has been absolutely insane. Finally got moved into my house and starting putting the wisefab on.

This suspension is bad ass but takes a TON of work to get all the niggles figured out.

Getting the passenger side offset rack spacer on in a task if you have the wrong rack. Older S13 racks have the flat spots 90° off so you have to grind yourself a new set on flat spots to make sure it gets on correctly. It was daunting but worked out just fine.

Also, something that annoyed me, is that the kit is designed to be used with those offset spacers so I had to ditch my relocated rack and go with a stock crossmember and PBM rack bushings. I don't like these spacers but we'll see how it works out.

Wisefab is interesting because having a solid lower arm limits your caster adjustability. I found with PBM that caster was very important, but with Wisefab you just kind of adjust slightly for the fitment to your bent ass chassis.

I think that this is neat. This is where you can adjust ackerman. They provide you with different washers with the hole drilled in different locations giving you the option of adjusting from zero to near stock. I'm starting in the middle setting which I hear is good.

It's getting there. My 5 lug conversion hubs don't fit but OEM 4 lug hubs do so idk what's up with that. I ordered some new ones so we will see if they fit. Don't even get my started on the rear. It's just as much of a mind fuck. I'll post up some reviews of that when I get it closer. Winter Jam is this coming weekend so I hope this all comes together.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #1011
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

It's nice to see some honest reviews of the setup of wise fab stuff, because I've heard some negative things as well but it's like a cardinal sin to say any negatives about it. I'm really interested to see how you like it vs what you had before(PBM right?)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #1012
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
It's nice to see some honest reviews of the setup of wise fab stuff, because I've heard some negative things as well but it's like a cardinal sin to say any negatives about it. I'm really interested to see how you like it vs what you had before(PBM right?)
From an installation perspective some things could have been done differently. I'm not really worried about it, just thought some factual install information may be helpful. The way it makes the car drive is much more important obviously. I'll hopefully know more about that this weekend.

I ran PBM forever and I was reasonably happy. I considered doing the limit break upgrade but after talking with a lot of people and companies I decided to go Wisefab. Part Shop Max isn't interested in helping anyone out at all. I have worked with them for YEARS and have been underwhelmed by how they have treated me. My experience with Wisefab has been fantastic. It helps that the person who runs Wisefab USA is a close friend but still. Everything in stock and MUCH less expensive. I hate to bag on PBM's products and customer service but I'm just being honest about my experience. They are all good guys who I have met in person, but the way they run their business has left me a bit frustrated.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #1013
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Install of the rear Wisefab would typically be easier but I made it much more difficult on myself than I needed to. I bought a unused kit from a friend so I got a good deal on it but it was for an S14 so there are some differences that made the install a bit more problematic.

The coilover mount was basically like a 500 piece puzzle and it's not very clear as to exactly how you need to mount it so I just made it work. Seems solid enough. There are a lot of adjustments to make which I need to play with. I'm not super impressed with the locking mechanisms on the arms. I know they will come loose often.

Took the car out this weekend to Winter Jam. Unloaded it and unfortunately the power steering wouldn't bleed so I had to swap racks. It was the only piece I changed with the power steering so I knew it had to be the problem. That took ALL day as I had to drive all the way back home so I didn't get any driving in on Saturday.

Sunday went ok. The weather was shit but I got some seat time. The overall feel is amazing. I was fighting the conditions and the car at the same time so it's hard to know how it really performs but the one take away is that it is a LOT of angle. I really like how it felt and I look forward to mastering it.

The comp went ok. Qualified 2nd which was cool. Won my top 16 battle but the motor started to act up (probably water getting in somewhere it shouldn't since I wasn't running a hood or anything) so I had to forfeit. Time to tear the car down and start building for Formula D!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #1014
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

good stuff man, thanks for sharing as always! I love reading these posts and your progress.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #1015
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
The D! Idk where my sub to this thread went lol had to re sub. Glad everything is still going strong, keep killin it.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:11 AM   #1016
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im glad you gave an honest review regarding the WFab kit. Good to see people willing to review things honestly. on this site.

Glad to see your ready for FD. What's your plans for the overhaul?

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #1017
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewr4411 View Post
Im glad you gave an honest review regarding the WFab kit. Good to see people willing to review things honestly. on this site.

Glad to see your ready for FD. What's your plans for the overhaul?

Thanks,
Mostly driveability and reliability. Transmission, quick change and nos for a little more power. Not going crazy since I'll never make it to Atlanta if I do (financially and time wise).
Old 01-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #1018
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Made some more progress this weekend. Got the new quick change in and the rear suspension on. Unfortunately the rear axles seem to be too long so I have to figure that out.

Next up was fixing some small stuff on the engine and dropping it back in. Transmission is going in next, then off to get some small fab work done. Paint and new aero after that.... then I get to drive it!

Old 01-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #1019
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Wow this thing changed a lot since I last checked the thread! Glad to see you're progressing as a driver and finally have the hardware you need to get you farther up the ranks!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #1020
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoever you take your car to to do alignments must hate you.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote