Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #991
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
ha ha and here i thought i was the only one to weld a External wastegate to a cast manifold. what kind of rod are you using on that?

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #992
JVD
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool build but how come these track slut builds are always in the garage instead of on the track? shouldn't it be a garage slut build LOL!!!

Keep us posted on progress i like reading these anyways
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #993
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
shouldn't it be a garage slut build LOL!!!
Sweet radiator! That alone, is proof of where this bitch is headed. I can't wait to see how you mount the radiator and the fans, as that is one of many things I have left to fab, and am running out of ideas.

If you don't already have fans I highly recommend checking out the permacool 19008. It's about $100 and 12 inches in diameter, and nothing else out there puts out more cfm for less amps.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #994
espa.s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
espa.s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to espa.s13 Send a message via Yahoo to espa.s13
ive been reading this post for hours. this is very educational at the same time very interesting and fun. hope u can get it all together with no probs. and bro cant wait to see it runnin. best of luck to u.
espa.s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #995
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Sneak peak of the latest progress:

More to come later.....
Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #996
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
oh gav I just wanna you

I dont do well with teases just make me

enough gay nice work dude shits lookin good as usual.
you've done immaculate work through out and kept it up.

very excited to see more updates.
HunsakerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #997
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
DIY intake manifold FTW!

that thing looks uber nice.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #998
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
So this weekend I stayed busy in the garage! I spent time finishing the intake plenum by mildly polishing it and the runners, adding vacuum ports, and adding ports for the IACV/AAC. It all turned out pretty well as you'll see in the pics below. Also, I was tired of my dirty engine, so before I went much further, I took the time to "do it up" a little as well as verify/do basic maintenance. I started by painting the valve covers a metallic red, and adding AN fittings for a clean catch-can install I will complete soon. When I pulled the covers, I discovered one the of the cleanest cylinder heads I've ever seen with cams the look brand new! I'd be surprised to learn this motor had more than a few thousand miles on it!! Check it out:

No oil residue anywhere!!

MMmmmmm fresh lobe!

After delighting in my uber-clean motor, I decided it was an opportune time to change my spark plugs, as well as repaint the front timing cover and clean the plug cover. Here are the results of this:

Paint-action, clear coated too for better protection!

Sparkle sparkle!

Tapping the existing beather port for 3/8 NPT, I am using -10AN to 3/8 fittings there...

So after all this little nit-picky stuff, I ended up with a pretty decent looking motor for the first time during the course of this project! Here is a before and after....before is from last week when I just got the intake test-fitment, and now is...well....now! lol!

Before:

After:

I also finished all of the oil system up to the cooler, and I need two 90deg fittings and that can be totally finished. I also mounted my FPR, and am scheming my new fuel system (injectors/rail) since I just took the plunge and ordered standalone! I am making good progress still....this week I hope to install the new tie-rods (inner/outer) and the rest of the rear suspension links as well as order the rest of the fittings and hose I need for the catch-can, fuel lines, oil system, and IACV! Getting closer day by day....
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #999
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
when do you project your first track event with this car to be??
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #1000
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

I thought in feb. of this year lol! Honestly, I dont know....There are events local to me out past october, so Im hoping within the next month or two!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #1001
Darius
Zilvia Junkie

Darius is on the path to ruinDarius is on the path to ruinDarius is on the path to ruin
Gavster - Just checking in on how the RB is coming along. This winter I'm definitely going to be replacing the valve cover-to-catch can lines with braided.

And you're going to slather those shiny cams with assembly lube before you start it, right?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #1002
altalti
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
altalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Looking good still have been checking this thread every few days for the past year or so and have enjoyed every page. Keep it up and get some action shots soon .
altalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #1003
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
that red cam out nice good work!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #1004
89coupeD

89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future89coupeD has a brilliant future
Wow read EVERY word on all 34 pages. im LOVING THIS BUILD!
89coupeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #1005
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
It's lookin' good bro
just get it on the track already
i demand videos
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #1006
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Well, this sucks, and I know this is gonna have a lot of people angry, but I'm getting rid of the project.

I interviewed for, and got offered a job that I am very excited about. Its going to require me to move a long distance away from my current town. I have accepted the job, and within a few months/weeks, I'll be relocating to Charleston, SC. The job program is very intense for the first year and I feel I won't be able to finish the car (I know I won't have the time) and it will be very difficult to have $20k of project just sitting around, not to mention I wont have a place to keep it or a place to work on it. Unfortunately, its got to stop.

I'm sorry guys...everyone who has watched this and read this thread, and begged for updates, motivated me, criticized, etc has been really amazing. It was a pleasure to go as far as I had with so many awesome people watching and encouraging. I'm hoping I'll get another try at a big project after the new job calms down, but it hard to think about after doing all this work and having get out now at the 90% mark. Again, I'm sorry for the huge let down...I'm disappointed too, but I've prioritized my future over this car, and won't regret the decision. I plan to cash out, sell my STi, and buy a nice car and simplify my situation a bit. Sorry Zilvians!!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #1007
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
fuck... this is depressing news.
but goodluck. jobs always have priority. specially a career. good luck bro and I hope to see you on here in a few months/years.
HunsakerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #1008
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
part out!

Sorry.. I'm a vulture...
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #1009
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Well, this sucks, and I know this is gonna have a lot of people angry, but I'm getting rid of the project.

I interviewed for, and got offered a job that I am very excited about. Its going to require me to move a long distance away from my current town. I have accepted the job, and within a few months/weeks, I'll be relocating to Charleston, SC. The job program is very intense for the first year and I feel I won't be able to finish the car (I know I won't have the time) and it will be very difficult to have $20k of project just sitting around, not to mention I wont have a place to keep it or a place to work on it. Unfortunately, its got to stop.

I'm sorry guys...everyone who has watched this and read this thread, and begged for updates, motivated me, criticized, etc has been really amazing. It was a pleasure to go as far as I had with so many awesome people watching and encouraging. I'm hoping I'll get another try at a big project after the new job calms down, but it hard to think about after doing all this work and having get out now at the 90% mark. Again, I'm sorry for the huge let down...I'm disappointed too, but I've prioritized my future over this car, and won't regret the decision. I plan to cash out, sell my STi, and buy a nice car and simplify my situation a bit. Sorry Zilvians!!
all that work and your just gonna throw in the towel?

are you planning on selling it as a whole or parting the car out?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #1010
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

I'm going to be parting it out...if anyone sees anything they want, let me know! Its not worth much incomplete the way I see it, so Ill just be parting down...
Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #1011
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =( but why.

well let me know how much you want for your motor set. and if you dont mind brining that down with you to ship it =) 07083
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #1012
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
I just don't see why you kept calling this thing a track slut. Projects like this never get finished, or taken to the track.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #1013
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Guess I don't have anything to say to that...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #1014
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Don't get me wrong, I've got respect for your effort, and it's dope to see some good fab skill being put to use.

My opinion is just that it's very important to have GOALS set for a build like this, and many people often don't.

If I want to go to DE events, lapping days, and the occasional time attack, I'd probably build the car slowly. I'd do things in stages, not all at once, so that the car could always be at the track, and a track slut. I'd always make sure I was at every event, and in the downtime I would fix broken things, and put small projects together.

For example, keep the car KA for a while, and design your drysump pan, windge tray, and sump pump stuff before you put the motor in. Then I'd put the motor in as quickly as possible (an RB can be installed and wired in a few weeks- a few of my friends in az have done it on that timeframe), then I'd run it and test it again. Then I'd upgrade as I went. Etc......

It's important to learn balance when building a car.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1015
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah, thats probably my biggest lesson. Its much more rewarding to do thing a little bit at a time! I agree totally ilia! Next time I try something like this I'll go bit by bit on a working car...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #1016
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
dude i'm so pissed at you!..... mostly just because i wanted to see this thing in action!!!!!! i bet you are crushed..... but i know life happens... FUCK.

Someone should buy the whole thing and finish it
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #1017
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
This is a sad sad day for the entire zilvia community

best of luck with your new endeavors!

Mats
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #1018
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Congrats Gavster! Your setup is going to make someone a great rolling chassis!! If I wasnt so far into my current build i would purchase it from you. Below is some pics from my ongoing build. You've inspired me to build mine that way I've always wanted it so dont think that you havent done good. If you dont mind me asking, what job did you take?

Scott
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #1019
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #1020
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bohan View Post
Srsly. Gav, this is depressing. Hopefully someone will pick up the chassis and do it justice.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote