Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #991
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
I'm a realist fan, not a blind homer. Sorry. I'm not afraid to admit that the Knicks can and most likely, will, lose this series.
You're a part of the 10% of the Knick's fanbase

Bless you, haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #992
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lol I knew you were going to say that.

btw in reality this team can beat indy. it's just not executed properly.
but, as a fan you would still cheer anyways whatever the outcome.

so, continue to eat your bags of dicks. wagoner.

you were going to jump ship if the nets made the 1st rnds and the knicks didn't. admit it.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #993
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I guess some people live in an alternate reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #994
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I guess some people live in an alternate reality.
No, they live in this revisionist version of reality, and become needlessly hostile when people don't agree with the version of the world they have created, no matter how asinine it may happen to be.
But hey, somewhere in Meclenburg County NC someone REALLY thinks that the Bobcats will ACTUALLY make the playoffs in their lifetime, because dammit they're FANS and fans are supposed to believe they can pull it off even when what they're wishing for is absolutely stupid.

In the real world, the Knicks are still toast.

And I write too!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #995
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Explain how I'm a bandwagoner? The Knicks are my hometown team. I've been following them since I first started getting into the NBA in the late 90s. If I was a bandwagoner, I would have jumped ship over to the Nets when they moved to BK, root for the Heat to win, etc.

I'm a realist fan, not a blind homer. Sorry. I'm not afraid to admit that the Knicks can and most likely, will, lose this series.
After 3 years of watching that major dick pulling, Nonobjective, Iso-Melo loving, Baron Davis is better than CP3 when healthy, homer. Why do you even feel the need to defend the fact that you can be objective about your team? Let him call you a bandwagon fan. So what? He is the reason Knicks fans are disliked by everyone outside of NY. They cheer for their team even when they play worse than D-leaguers. Fans like him are the reason NY will never win a championship, Blind ignorance. The fact that he can find a way to defend Iso-Melo and Iso-JR shows you just how deep his ignorance goes. Everyone that has been a part of these basketball threads for the past few years know you're just being honest about your home team. Let the fool make himself feel better about himself by calling you a bandwagon fan. It doesn't mean he has the slightest clue about what the game of basketball is. To put it in perspective 12 assists on 32 fg's is not Playoff basketball, it's a bunch of idiots playing isolation while the other team has an offnight....
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #996
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
lol I knew you were going to say that.

but, as a fan you would still cheer anyways whatever the outcome.

so, continue to eat your bags of dicks. wagoner.

you were going to jump ship if the nets made the 1st rnds and the knicks didn't. admit it.
Yes, the team CAN beat Indiana, but that doesn't mean they WILL. The only reason they lost last night was because of their free throws. If you shoot below 60% at the line, you will lose, especially if you attempt 30+. And also without George Hill...think about that.

I'll quote it again since you failed to read what I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k
Explain how I'm a bandwagoner? The Knicks are my hometown team. I've been following them since I first started getting into the NBA in the late 90s. If I was a bandwagoner, I would have jumped ship over to the Nets when they moved to BK, root for the Heat to win, etc.
I strongly dislike the fact that the Nets moved to BK. I'll never root for them. Ever.

PS -

Yes, this is a picture of me. Phlip can confirm since it's on my FB as well. Don't hate just because you can't rock a shirt like I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
After 3 years of watching that major dick pulling, Nonobjective, Iso-Melo loving, Baron Davis is better than CP3 when healthy, homer. Why do you even feel the need to defend the fact that you can be objective about your team? Let him call you a bandwagon fan. So what? He is the reason Knicks fans are disliked by everyone outside of NY. They cheer for their team even when they play worse than D-leaguers. Fans like him are the reason NY will never win a championship, Blind ignorance. The fact that he can find a way to defend Iso-Melo and Iso-JR shows you just how deep his ignorance goes. Everyone that has been a part of these basketball threads for the past few years know you're just being honest about your home team. Let the fool make himself feel better about himself by calling you a bandwagon fan. It doesn't mean he has the slightest clue about what the game of basketball is. To put it in perspective 12 assists on 32 fg's is not Playoff basketball, it's a bunch of idiots playing isolation while the other team has an offnight....
I want to defend myself because I dislike bandwagoners myself and feel the need to show that I am not one.

xquizitditz
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #997
zooopreme
Post Whore!

What I took out of the Warriors/Spurs game last night:

-can't count out age (gives me hope for the Lakers ROSTER only, I cannot imagine D'Antoni being a Pop to this current roster ever)
-The Warrior fan base has now decreased to half. But they'll be back when the team seeds again next year.
-The Warriors had make-able looks in the end, surprised they didn't come out with the W.
-I pictured myself falling that high off the ground only to hit my face, that must've hurt. Hope Barnes is okay.

All in all, I enjoyed boo-ing and talking smack about the Warriors but at some point, I'm inclined to believe that they'll build off of this, for sure. On another note a part of me thinks that they aren't title contenders either. Not sure if there's a term for it but with this current core (of Curry, West, Klay and Barnes), they are that team in the Playoffs that just knock out a team that was projected to be Finals-bound but will always fall to the most experienced teams--if that makes sense.

I believe a healthy Laker squad (with their age) could have beaten them had it been them matched up. But since they weren't, congrats to them for getting that far.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #998
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post

-can't count out age (gives me hope for the Lakers ROSTER only, I cannot imagine D'Antoni being a Pop to this current roster ever)
-The Warrior fan base has now decreased to half. But they'll be back when the team seeds again next year.
-The Warriors had make-able looks in the end, surprised they didn't come out with the W.
-I pictured myself falling that high off the ground only to hit my face, that must've hurt. Hope Barnes is okay.
I think most real warriors fans who know basketball knew the Spurs were going to destroy the Warriors based on history. The Warriors usually get killed by a dominant big man and the Spurs have probably the best PF of all time. Before the series started, I was thinking they would lose 4-1, but the first two games kind of made me doubt my original reasoning. Looking back at it, I think the Warriors did actually shock the Spurs the first two games, but the Spurs made the proper adjustment to take care of the Warriors like they should have. Just look at last night, none of their starters scored more than 20 pts, but all of them scored in double figures. That’s just solid basketball.

Being a Bay Area local, you are wrong about the fan base. I don’t know what it is, but for some reason, the Warriors naturally have a lot of fans supporting them even though they suck. It’s just, when they are winning, they gain even more fans with the bandwagoners who pop up (and I’m talking about people who don’t even watch basketball). I think there’s a lot of hype surrounding this team forged from Don Nelson era, ESPN, and what they did to the Mavericks several years back that still exist in many outsiders’ minds.

I love Barnes. He shouldn’t have gone to us, but he slipped and I was ecstatic we got him. Last offseason, the consensus in the online warriors fan base was that we desperately needed a SF. We didn’t need an all-world SF like KD, LBJ, or even Melo because we had scoring with Curry, Klay, and Lee (who all suck defensively). We needed a solid guy who would play defense with Bogut and didn’t need to score too much. It was concluded the ideal fit at SF would either be Iggy or Barnes. Iggy would be better, but Barnes seemed like he could be a solid defender who is young and athletic. Fortunately, management was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
All in all, I enjoyed boo-ing and talking smack about the Warriors but at some point, I'm inclined to believe that they'll build off of this, for sure. On another note a part of me thinks that they aren't title contenders either. Not sure if there's a term for it but with this current core (of Curry, West, Klay and Barnes), they are that team in the Playoffs that just knock out a team that was projected to be Finals-bound but will always fall to the most experienced teams--if that makes sense.
The Warriors were NEVER considered title contenders. It was a surprise that they even did this well this season. I believe the term you are looking for is GIMMICK basketball, which is what I think the Warriors are. Lol. Everyone knows you can’t win in this league without a legit big man. David Lee is solid and puts up good numbers because he has good bball iQ and works hard, but he is undersized, not a good defender, and is just not it. No one wins championships with just a great backcourt unless you have Michael Jordan.

I do think we can build off of this. Good experience for the youngsters and good overall since I don’t think the Warriors were even expected to make the playoffs this year. It brings hope that the organization is headed in the right direction with new ownership after suffering the curse of Chris Cohen for 20 years.

I would like to keep Curry, Klay, Barnes, Landry, Green, Ezeli, and Rush. I would like to upgrade Lee, Jack, and Bogut if we can get something better. Thank god Biedrins 10M is expiring. I think Klay and Barnes can learn to be better defenders because of their size. Curry probably can’t. Maybe we can get Josh Smith this summer for Lee, but I heard he is demanding the max. haha

Quote:
I believe a healthy Laker squad (with their age) could have beaten them had it been them matched up. But since they weren't, congrats to them for getting that far.
Trust me, the Lakers and Spurs can defeat the Warriors as long as they have Kobe and Duncan. Those two guys are warriors killers even at their age.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #999
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
He is the reason Knicks fans are disliked by everyone outside of NY. They cheer for their team even when they play worse than D-leaguers. Fans like him are the reason NY will never win a championship, Blind ignorance.
I think there's only a handful of Knicks fans who are idiots. I heard that if you are a knicks player who is lazy or aren't getting it done, the NY crowd of fans will boo you loudly and let you know you suck and not wanted. It's what they should be doing with Melo, but I think most fans will treat him like Patrick Ewing (as a great player who couldn't win).

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #1000
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I think there's only a handful of Knicks fans who are idiots. I heard that if you are a knicks player who is lazy or aren't getting it done, the NY crowd of fans will boo you loudly and let you know you suck and not wanted. It's what they should be doing with Melo, but I think some fans will just treat him like Patrick Ewing (a great player who never won).
Sure they will boo but then right after the game they will act like everyone is just hating when they state the obvious facts about their team. Just look at how Enkie got attacked for being honest. Philly fans are known for the same thing but they also wouldn't pull on the nuts of an isolation heavy, jump shooting team that needs to hit 11+ 3's to win games. The sad thing is that despite winning 50+ games the Knicks continue to be fundamentally flawed and most Knicks fans don't see it. If they did they wouldn't be thinking they were a championship contender given their team concept. I mean, do you know how bad it is to have Tyson Chandler have to school Melo on how to play team ball? The same Melo that just doesn't get it after 10 years in the NBA?

I'm not speaking about all Knicks fans as I know that there are alot of good ones but most of them have the same way of thinking that Brolo has which is "if you're being objective about the Knicks? You're a bandwagon fan bro".
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #1001
zooopreme
Post Whore!

I think the Warriors were thinking long term in terms of Curry's ankles, needed some scoring production from their wings so they picked up Barnes. I think within the next couple of years, Barnes is going to bulk up and work on his D, I thought he did an okay job against the Spurs.

Quote:
The Warriors were NEVER considered title contenders. It was a surprise that they even did this well this season. I believe the term you are looking for is GIMMICK basketball, which is what I think the Warriors are. Lol.
That word is definitely fitting. And I'm sure some basketball fans were projecting they'd make it into the NBA finals. I heard and read some delusions, haha. And I get the MJ comparison but with the league developing into what it is now, there's no way one person can DRASTICALLY change their team into a 91-93/96-98 Bulls, the closest thing would be Lebron but he sometimes lacks that closer gene when it's really close.

With that reason, I feel like that's why Kobe is a bit better than MJ due to his dominance and adaptability to how the league has been shifting. But I've got mad respect and adoration for MJ that I won't speak too much into it because people get real hurt.

Quote:
I do think we can build off of this. Good experience for the youngsters and good overall since I don’t think the Warriors were even expected to make the playoffs this year. It brings hope that the organization is headed in the right direction with new ownership after suffering the curse of Chris Cohen for 20 years.
With Jerry West, I think y'all will be fine. Seems like the org is headed for a bright future. Not sure if it's championship caliber but it's lame to see progression from the Warriors

Quote:
I would like to keep Curry, Klay, Barnes, Landry, Green, Ezeli, and Rush. I would like to upgrade Lee, Jack, and Bogut if we can get something better. Thank god Biedrins 10M is expiring. I think Klay and Barnes can learn to be better defenders because of their size. Curry probably can’t. Maybe we can get Josh Smith this summer for Lee, but I heard he is demanding the max. haha
No way you get rid of Jack, if you can get him to sign a medium sized contract and build around Curry, the team will be scary. I'll agree with your take on Bogut but there's no way, it'll happen unless you draft and develop a big man. And even that's a risk.

If y'all get rid of Klay, I hope he lands a job with the Lakers in the post-Kobe eras to come. He's way too good. Love his game.

Josh Smith wouldn't be a good fit, imo. For some reason whenever I watch him, to me, he fits East Coast ball more than West Coast but the only team in the West, I could see him fitting in is with Houston.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1002
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sure they will boo but then right after the game they will act like everyone is just hating when they state the obvious facts about their team. Just look at how Enkie got attacked for being honest. Philly fans are known for the same thing but they also wouldn't pull on the nuts of an isolation heavy, jump shooting team that needs to hit 11+ 3's to win games.
I think I heard of this about Philly too, but it deals with baseball. I have no idea who the 76ers fans are.

Quote:
I mean, do you know how bad it is to have Tyson Chandler have to school Melo on how to play team ball? The same Melo that just doesn't get it after 10 years in the NBA?
Shit, that is pretty bad for a guy who is all defense and gets most of his points from lobs. LOL.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #1003
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think the Warriors were thinking long term in terms of Curry's ankles, needed some scoring production from their wings so they picked up Barnes. I think within the next couple of years, Barnes is going to bulk up and work on his D, I thought he did an okay job against the Spurs.
Barnes really impressed me in the playoffs with the way he stepped up offensively after David Lee went out. During the regular season, he would show flashes of his offensive game like once 10 games, but generally was really inconsistent offensively, which is to be expected from a rookie. He has major hops though and I can only see him getting better. I don’t know if he will become an all-star, but he definitely seems like he will be solid SF or capable role player.

He’s welcome here because we haven’t really had a good SF in a long time either. Stephen Jackson and Mike Dunleavy doesn’t count. JRich was too small to play SF.

Quote:
That word is definitely fitting. And I'm sure some basketball fans were projecting they'd make it into the NBA finals. I heard and read some delusions, haha.
Yea. I should be rooting for them, but to me it’s a gimmick. Kind of like D’Antoni’s offense, the Houston Rockets team of mostly swingmen, even Clippers team of cp3 and 2 guys with major hops but no other skills.

I don’t know what guys were thinking they would make it to the finals. I’m glad they made it to the playoffs. HAHA. Those are definitely warriors bandwagoners influenced by the media hype.

Quote:
With Jerry West, I think y'all will be fine. Seems like the org is headed for a bright future. Not sure if it's championship caliber but it's lame to see progression from the Warriors
Jerry West is a fine decision maker. In fact, he was pretty influential in spotting Klay Thompson and playing mind games with Spurs management to get him. I think he might have had an influence in Barnes too, but I’m not sure. Barnes dropping to us was a pretty much no brainer like Curry dropping to us or Paul Pierce slipping to 10 and going to the Celtics.

Quote:
No way you get rid of Jack, if you can get him to sign a medium sized contract and build around Curry, the team will be scary. I'll agree with your take on Bogut but there's no way, it'll happen unless you draft and develop a big man. And even that's a risk.
Jack is a good PG, but he seems like he wants to be the hero. Maybe he’s jealous of Curry? He’s a great backup PG/borderline starter, but the offense seems to stagnate with him hold the ball too long or turning it over, etc. His bright spots are showing up when Curry/Klay didn’t.

He’s playing on MLE now, but he will probably ask more. Consensus with online Warriors fans is if he asks for more money, we’ll let him walk and sign a guy like Nate Robinson. We pretty much need just a capable back up/spark offensive scoring from the bench.

Bogut actually impressed me because he was playing rough and and aggressive pushing people around. He’s a wecome inside presence we haven’t had since Adonal Foyle. LOL

To be honest, we haven’t had a good big man since Chris Webber. So yea, I would just hang on to Bogut because it’s not likely we’ll get another big man.

Quote:
If y'all get rid of Klay, I hope he lands a job with the Lakers in the post-Kobe eras to come. He's way too good. Love his game.
I doubt anyone outside of SF Bay Area or fantasy basketball knew about Klay until this year’s playoffs. He is a very good shooter, but VERY inconsistent. Throughout the season, he would have 1 good game, and like 2-3 bad ones (or just look at this Spurs series. had an ok game 1, a great game 2, and sucked every game after until yesterday). I guess he’s a good enough shooter that he’s at least capable. Can’t be too harsh on him since he’s a sophomore. He has a good touch and height, which was something Monta didn’t have.

Quote:
Josh Smith wouldn't be a good fit, imo. For some reason whenever I watch him, to me, he fits East Coast ball more than West Coast but the only team in the West, I could see him fitting in is with Houston.
Yea I was just throwing that out there because I don’t know who else is available with the athleticism. We need an athletic stud PF who can jump like a young Shawn Kemp, Amare, or Blake Griffin but can also play defense and have solid footwork/post game/jump shot. Not too many of those around as I don’t see another TD or KG coming along anytime soon.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #1004
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Charlotte Bobcats may become Hornets again - ESPN

I approve.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #1005
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I was thinking wait.. isn't New Orleans using that?

Oh wait.. that's right.. New Orleans Pelicans. haha

I like the Charlotte Hornets.. reminds me of the 90s. Now if we can only get the Sonics back in the league without getting another team relocated and get New Orleans a better name.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #1006
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
So far the knicks have played some pretty gutless basketball...

but I think if they can win tonight they will win game 7. They just have to wake up and not let smith and melo put of 50 bricks combine.. but indy is a tough place to play...
Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #1007
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Before ANYONE bitches about the disparity in fouls and free throws; note that the Pacers tend to move the ball, make use of their bigs and play to the Knicks' vast collection of defensive weaknesses while the Knicks play a metric ton of isolation, offset by THREE metric tons of jump shooting.

And I write too!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #1008
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Knicks' vast collection of defensive weaknesses while the Knicks play a metric ton of isolation, offset by THREE metric tons of jump shooting.
I was going to come here to say the same exact thing.

Can't win like that unless you're shooting lights out and with the Knick's shooting very poorly throughout the post season, adjustments other than isolation plays should have been made.

All in all, it was a boring series ending with a great close game. I made every one of my Knick buddies subtweet or make an indirect facebook status update about me regarding my analysis of their offensive game.

They're simply not going to win on a consistent basis by playing isolation for the majority of the game. On the defensive end, it wasn't terrible but you hit it right on the head, Phlip, ball moves faster than bodies do.

On JR's behalf, when you're cold, you're cold. He's talented in his own right and I think that he's got to get his legs under him when he decides to shoot the ball.

Going to be interesting to see how the Pacers/Heat series is going to be like. If the rust has developed, I expect the Heat to lose game 1 but win the series thanks to Spoelstra's video geekery adjustments.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #1009
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Hey Phlip that spam guy is back Barry626

I thought the Knicks had more fight in them, guess not. The Knicks need to move that whole roster starting with Melo. Melo cannot be the leader of a championship contender. I think we all see this more than ever now.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #1010
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
The Knicks are pathetic. Live by the 3 die by the 3. That crap doesnt work in the PLAYOFFS. This is where defense comes into play first. I mean you got carved up by Lance Stephenson. Pls go.

Anyways, the Pacers will be a good challenge for us. So I'm glad we're not getting another weak or health crippled team.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1011
Riq
Zilvia Addict

I agree

I'm going to love this series. I love defensive series. I expect most games to be in the 80's. These are the kind of games that real NBA fans love
Too bad that studio Gangsta Danny Granger can't play. I would have loved to watch him try to get in Lebron's head by pulling his jersey and all that other crap he did.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #1012
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Yeah, Knicks made it interesting then just fell apart.

They lived by the 3 for a good 2 minutes when Shump was on fire and tied the game up.

You're all probably going to hate me for saying this, but the refs totally sucked the intensity out of the game. I think there was almost a whistle blown on every possession in the 3rd-4th Q's, especially those two questionable calls that fouled out K. Mart and this other call a few plays later that helped the Pacers regain a 4 point lead.

Let them play the game dammit.

xquizitditz
Old 05-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #1013
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Curious to know what Kobe's announcement is about tomorrow...I'll be mad with a whole dose of depressed if he announces his retirement.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #1014
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I think this can pretty much be summed up as:

three to the head

three to the head

Quote:
Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #1015
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

If you're a Knicks fan and don't think they'll still take this in 8 games, you're dysfunctional, bipolar, bandwagon and stupid.
Wait, it's a best of 7 series? DAMMIT!!!

And I write too!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #1016
Riq
Zilvia Addict

LMFAO You guy's are just rubbing salt in Brolo's wounds at this point.... Please continue

This is the reason JR Smith and the Knicks were so bad in the playoffs. This is Swish right after game 5 of the Boston series. You can't be a championship contender if this is what you do after every playoff game....
http://zilvia.net/f/attachment.php?a...1&d=1368974168
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jr-smith-clubbing.jpg (201.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1017
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
LMFAO You guy's are just rubbing salt in Brolo's wounds at this point.... Please continue

This is the reason JR Smith and the Knicks were so bad in the playoffs. This is Swish right after game 5 of the Boston series. You can't be a championship contender if this is what you do after every playoff game....
http://zilvia.net/f/attachment.php?a...1&d=1368974168
Well, things being as they are...
He IS on vacation now and he can pick back up with the weed until he is back under the period that they're tested for that.

And I write too!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1018
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Well, things being as they are...
He IS on vacation now and he can pick back up with the weed until he is back under the period that they're tested for that.
Yeah, I would advise he stays away from South Beach as he's been arrested the last two times he was there.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1019
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:

What needs to be reiterated here.

Thought the Grizz (the team I'm hoping wins) weren't prepared. If I heard it correctly, Hollins said he had never seen a couple of the Spurs rotations and was hoping his players would use effort (yes, effort) to get some stops.

Saw a lot of people booking Grizz and Heat in the Finals but after seeing Indy and the Spurs play, you really can't count them out this early.

In Laker related news regarding Dwight,

Quote:
With six weeks to go before Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent, the team that is said to intrigue him the most is the Houston Rockets, according to multiple people briefed on internal conversations surrounding Howard’s free-agent decision. The Rockets have a young star, James Harden, who has proved himself worthy of playing the leading role for the franchise; a budding 3-point shooting threat in Chandler Parsons; a defensive-minded coach in Kevin McHale; and Omer Asik, the kind of 7-footer Howard is believed to want next to him in the frontcourt.
Everything made sense until it got to his preference to play with OMER ASIK over PAU??? I'm sorry but WHO?!

This dude played with one of the best/most versatile 7-fters (Pau) in the league and his preference is OMER ASIK?! If this is true, I've lost respect for Dwight. Sounds to me like he's going to be stepping on more toes.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1020
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Everything made sense until it got to his preference to play with OMER ASIK over PAU??? I'm sorry but WHO?!

This dude played with one of the best/most versatile 7-fters (Pau) in the league and his preference is OMER ASIK?! If this is true, I've lost respect for Dwight. Sounds to me like he's going to be stepping on more toes.
Sounds to me like he wants to play next to someone who is serviceable, but has little to no chance at being BETTER than he is. Pau has a more robust skillset, better vision and footwork and a more sophisticated understanding of the game than Dwight does. I know he is older, but he had it when he was Dwight's age as well. People tend to forget that Pau was Rookie of the Year himself.

And I write too!
Closed Thread